• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #14 - Morphing Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
RDZ, my only beef with it is in the textures and texture variation. The gun barrels are the same texture as the struts in between segments and the whole thing could use more lighting and shading.
If you saw the UV... Yeah. It's not really a "Warcraft" model. One day I will find an engine that does lighting properly and everything will be fine.

I'd like to see some lights or particle emitters, maybe. Is the alternate form going to have a Turret bone so the cannons can swivel like the ingame towers?
I always add a Bone_Turret. Even if there is no turret.

Level 31
Do not tell me what you know that I can or cannot do. I will make my models as I see fit; you are quite welcome to make your models as you see fit.

And this is why I never post anything at the Hive. You're all too stuck up to understand that there is more to life than your own viewpoint, that other people might have completely different objectives from you. If I wanted to make a model covered in bullshit, don't you think that I would have done that?

Actually, don't answer that until you've pulled your head out of your arse.

Lol. Merely joking with you. Lighten up a bit. D:

Level 31
Here it is.

I know, I know, the screeny is utter crap. Why? Because, I am not a damn photographer. Just download the model. THAT MEANS NOW.

Anyway, it has all the stuff it needs. So, I shall tell you what it is.

Basically, it is a building from the famed "Area-51". It is a warehouse that unleashes a large space machine of death and destruction! :D

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 591
  • A-51v2.mdx
    148.2 KB · Views: 215
Level 9
Mr. Bob's model is great, with the connections between the building and the alternative. Excellent, I don't see anything wrong with it, so 5/5. Good combination with the building releasing out the UFO, unique model types I see.

Good with the way you morphed it, and the separation is great. Keep up the good work.

Level 11
Has anyone suggested a werewolf or anything like that? Could be neat. I think I've developed Warcraft-apathy though, since every time I open a modeling program I give it about 5 minutes and then close it all up with no real progress.

Level 18
No, they think the theme is awesome and expect other people to make what they would like to see. They don't even want to join the contest, but only vote on what they want to see as result, even if the theme is ultra-high quality where even the finger nails are modelled, not skinned.

Level 26
Morphing units?

I think this might be too much to ask.

Ugh, its summer, people who dont finish even a basic morphing unit haven't been working that long/hard on it then.

:/ My model is arguably, one of the the largest models for this competition (filesize and ingame) its pretty damn complex, 39 bones, 2700 polies.

Im pretty much halfway done, my mesh is done and 6 animations, i need 11 more animations and particles......
while i work on the model, im also talking on the chat

Im sorry if that was a long explanation but im trying to point out that 4 weeks is more than enough time to make a model. unless you are really lazy. come on, stop complaining about "how much work its going to be" and just do it.

I cant wait to see everyone's submission ^^

Level 28
Well maybe my timing is pretty shity but... My model failed. Both the mesh and skeleton became wrong so I couldn't make proper anims. And along with all the lesser fails that I thought didn't matter that much I just lost the will to keep working on the model.
So I decided to start over with something, not as advanced as my original idea but still really nice, and I'm sure that I WILL finish it before the deadline.
I'm making and undead Wraith Mage. Just as before the morphed form will be a secret untill submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.