• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #11 - Chimeras

Status
Not open for further replies.
chimera.jpg

Hive Workshop Modeling Contest #11!

Contest Theme: Chimeras

A chimera is a creature that is composed of or has features of two or more creatures.
An example of a chimera is a gryphon, which is composed of an eagle, lion and sometimes horse. Just so long as your submission clearly has features from two or more creatures it will be valid.
Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The model must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you ASAP as to avoid confusion.
  3. Must contain at minimum the following animations, the rest is up to you:
    • Stand
    • Attack
    • Walk
    • Death
    • Portrait Animation (whether it's for a camera or a separate portrait model)
  4. You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  5. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  6. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  7. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  8. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  9. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  10. Please PM your FINAL model to me once you are done. This makes it a lot easier for me to pick out the finished models from the WIPs.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verts and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how good does this model look ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, effect geometry, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = Judge's Score + (votes/(total votes))*50 = (score)/100

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 1 month after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on November 1st, 2008 and conclude on

December 1st 22nd, 2008 0:00 AM, GMT

Judges
  • Lord_T
  • SuPa-

Last edited:
Level 30
The wings could be longer. I like the idea though.

They are long ... but they're almost standing horizontal so they appear short ...
anyway ... since the deadline only is december i think i'll remake it whenever this is finished. Then i'll make the skin (but .. i don't know about that) and i might even animate it myself ... instead of stealing bits of blizz anims.

EDIT: WIP 2

EDIT 2: WIP 3

EDIT 3: WIP of the back and front off his human part.

Attachments

• WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 832
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 774
  • skinWIPback2.jpg
    skinWIPback2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
They are long ... but they're almost standing horizontal so they appear short ...
anyway ... since the deadline only is december i think i'll remake it whenever this is finished. Then i'll make the skin (but .. i don't know about that) and i might even animate it myself ... instead of stealing bits of blizz anims.

EDIT: WIP 2

EDIT 2: WIP 3

Textures! Textures!

Level 30
he uses the campagn bloodelf texture for it ^^

nice WIPs so far

i've searched for .. like times for a naked human torso in the MPQ's D:!
anyways WIP. still needs too texture the legs. Unshaded part on the spider body will be TC.

EDIT: oh forgot to mention: 250 polies so far ;)
now i go to sleep.

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 358
Level 22
Animated now. I might add some walking animations though, right now he just has flying ones. And something's buggy on his death anim, it repeats 2-3 times when he dies.

Open the model in magos' open the death sequence, and check the "Non-looping" box.

I love the entries so far. That crow is sweet. I also REALLY like yours donut. I might try geomerging something since that is the only modeling tool I have access to/can afford. I want the next texturing contest to start, since I can actually make somethin cool for those. Keep up the good work people.

You don't like mine? T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.