• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 - Mighty Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I got one spell done. Polarize.

Which, incidentally, my slaves spell makers for my project somehow couldn't do. So I did it myself.

Basically it's an autocast, and when it's casted, it makes your next attack bounce. The number of bounces increases with level.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_030908_215944_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_030908_215944_01 copy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 166
Level 3
They've been over the no custom point enough already. The contest is about making an original, fun, and balanced hero. It's not just about the looks but the feel of the character and how it plays. If this was a modeling competition then using custom made models for this would make sense.

Making your own custom things available after the start of the contest doesn't work either. That would make it fair for someone to release their custom model two days before the end of the contest with no restrictions. Not to mention the fact that it still puts non-modelers in the same disadvantage.

Level 34
I may finish, but chances are low.

Right now...

Troll Shadow Hunter.

Skills:
Evade- When casted, gives the Shadow Hunter an X% chance to evade for X amount of seconds (The unit slowly fades over the alloted time. Then when finished, it comes back into full transparency, but never fully vanishes).
Poison Dart - Deals X damage on contact, and lowers over all health by X (May add damage over time instead of instant, actually now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I will).

Ideas:
-An auto casted range attack (The unit is melee right now).
-Passive that has a chance to increase movement speed and attack speed for a few seconds.
-Instead of an auto cast range attack, you can switch into range mode. All other skills will stay the same. No duration, you can choose which "stance" you want.

Level 34
Too lazy to think of a name right now. Also I was more referring to the model used. Although I may change it. Who knows.

Level 32
so if i make a custom model then submit it and it gets accepted i can use it as my hero?
Aye.

However, when » I « evaluate the submissions, I'm going to base my judge's opinion on the creativity and originality of the hero, the efficiency and effectiveness of its spells, and its overall balance with existing Warcraft III heroes.

I'll be (mostly) discounting any extraneous imported content, terrain edits, etc. (except as they apply to the overall presentation of the hero in the map, a VERY minor consideration).

Okay here's another WIP if anyone's interested. Also I finished the second spell.

Mana Pulse - The hero creates an orb of pure mana (how original) that floats into the sky. The orb then attaches to nearby enemy units, dealing slight damage over time and increasing the orb's size. After 3/6/9 seconds, the orb asplodes, healing nearby friendly units for 0.5/1/1.5 times the total amount drained.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_031008_201500_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_031008_201500_01 copy.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 180
  • thw_herocontest01Pyritie.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 61
Level 36
I have decided on what hero I'm doing! (I think... :\)

It is a Dragon Warrior (based off a dragonspawn model, the ones with the spears :3)

I'll name it something better though xD

edit: Pyritie, I tried to open your map but it won't let me. Did you use newgen/WEU or something? or were you that stupid that you protected it? xD

Level 15
Every spell has to be triggered or can we have untriggered spells? I need a spell called envenom and i did it completely in GUI. Will i get less points for that? Btw my other spell ideas are rock throw - medium damage and knockback, terraform(ult) - causes the terrain to shift and plants to grow rapidly. Immobilizes all enemy units within the area of effect and deals heavy damage to buildings and the last one does not have a name yet but it passively increases your armor a little and gives 20, 25 and 30% chance to damage attacking units for 20, 30 and 40 damage.

Level 34
What I don't get is how do you balance the hero with other wc3 heroes, when you're allowed to let skills go to level 4? Shouldn't the rules state that the skills should only go to level 3, and the hero should go to level 10!?

Level 3
Balance it with the Rexxar campaign heroes for level 4? I mean the rules say you CAN have level 4, not should. By lieu of that you already should have 3 balanced levels, so just continue in the same progression.

Brawl is killing my ability to get this contest finished...

Level 11
Most of you should really read previous posts it would answer questions.

NearbyHermit if you read back to the first post after wolverabid, mine, you'd know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.