• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 - Mighty Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well I just noticed that the Human Bloodmage had more health than my big ass hero O_O Since its nonsense, I had to increase and decrease some stats. Such as agility, I mean he is covered with huge armors and his agility equals to blood mage's agility. Not even that his intelligence is lesser than firelords! An agility hero. Because of this reason check page 34 again -.-

Last edited:
Level 4
why does the imported content have to be approved? Shouldn't the initiative of creating custom content just for the competition be rewarded instead of shunned? Or is it just to stop people from hijacking other's work from around the world and claiming it as there own?

Level 17
Does anyone know where the hero glow is on the model resources? I saw it there once and now it's gone! I could use that to make my guy look exactly like a hero -.- ( Did someone notice that little peasant on my map? )

Yeah, I have the model on my Hard drive somewhere, but if it isn't in the model section I doubt the mods will accept it O_O

Level 10
Thanks for the glow! BTW are GUI spells non MUI? Because I think MUI is Multi User Instancable which means more than single players can use it. Do spells have to be jass to make 'em MUI?( Nothing against you pyritie, just asking :p) Check page 34 for glowed version. I hope this is the latest o.o

Last edited:
Level 12
You want credit for that,eveyone can do that in just 5 minutes,just take some screnies and then crop them together and poof! No big deal.

Remember this aint a Picture Contest,its the Hero Contest

You missunderstood me,
I want people to really play with my hero, use him, check him out, because of how much work iv put into him.
The picture was just presentation. I know that.

Thanks for the glow! BTW are GUI spells non MUI? Because I think MUI is Multi User Instancable which means more than single players can use it. Do spells have to be jass to make 'em MUI?( Nothing against you pyritie, just asking :p) Check page 34 for glowed version. I hope this is the latest o.o

MUI means more than one unit can cast it at a time without the spell getting messed up.

Level 10
I'd like to be the first one to test your hero you little yellow dragon :D Pretty cool abilities you got there. Well usage of JASS shows itself lol. Anyway you got a bug on tooltips. Both skills have mana pulse(green claw and blue claw) on their label. Only one I noticed was that. Other than that I got a question. Why does your mana pulse ( the green orb thingy ) don't cause any damage to sleeping units?

Anyway you got a bug on tooltips. Both skills have mana pulse(green claw and blue claw) on their label.
oops LOL

Fixed.

Why does your mana pulse ( the green orb thingy ) don't cause any damage to sleeping units?
Because the orb is attacking everything via the Barrage ability, which I guess only attacks awake units. Besides, that's a good thing, right? Don't wanna go and wake up sleeping creeps now, do ya? :D

Level 10
Heh at least you are kind, even to enemy forces, pyritie. Well I've been working with my hero to fix and make him MUI. I just tested him with another one and I saw some conflicts. Thanks to wyrmlord for his tutorial for showing me the right commands u.u Will be soon at page 34, again :/

Level 36
Alright, here's my hero submission. No imported stuff used/needed.

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL SUBMISSION!!!
~Final submission in different post~

Spells are:
Conjure Lightning Heart
Chakra Slam
Discharge
Lightning Warp (ultimate)

I'll leave the rest for you to figure out :D

Last edited:
Level 21
Shadow Dancer
Abyssal Blade
Description: Drenches the Shadow Dancers Weapons with hallucinating poison, gives each attack a chance to reduce the enemies mana.
Effect: 25% chance to reduce mana by 5%, when the mana is zero a illusion is conjured which deals 25% damage and is damaged for 500% of the normal damage. Lasts 15 seconds.

Prey Mark
Description: Marks the target as a prey of the Shadow Dancer, after this he can nearly instantly move to the unit through shadows and back stab it.
Effect: Marks a enemy and replaces the "prey mark" - ability with the "hunt" - ability. Casting the "Hunt" moves the Shadow Dancer instantly behind the enemy and causes 120/160/200 damage, if the enemy is a hero half the damage is dealt and the enemy loses 3 strength for 5 seconds.

Shadow Turn
Description: The Shadow Dancer vanishes in the shadows when danger occurs, simply for short time after to appear behind the danger to eliminate it.
Effect: Gives a 3/4/5% chance to evade a attack and vanish for 3 seconds, when the vanish ends he will appear behind the attacker.

Curare Dart
Description: The Shadow Dancer throws a poisoned dart in the facing direction of the Dancer and venoms the first hitted enemy.
Effect: Throws a poison dart over 800 range and the first enemy which is struck with the dart is poisoned and will lose animation speed(5% per second) over 20 seconds and after the 20 seconds the enemy will be petrified for 4 seconds and loses 100 life per second.

Well, my hero would be wasted when i wouldn't submit him to this contest, so i decided to lose simply for the sake of my hero submission. I hope you like him

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01redscores.w3x
    99.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Level 36
I'm going back to make them MUI in jass later. THat's not final submission, just a WIP. Final comes tomorrow ;)

@redscores: Well, your hero has 2 abilities that seem basically the same to me... And with the first one, isn't that rigged? Free illusions that deal 100% damage just for attacking a grunt or something that doesn't have mana?

Level 36
Eh, no one of my spells seems like your.... and overall, the illusion takes 500% of the damage, well i will reduce the damage i think.

Nerfed.

And try my spells, my are much more leakfree, different in the concept.

I don't mean the same as mine. About that, I could care less if there were any. I mean the two appear spells are basically the same.

THIS IS THE FINAL SUBMISSION!!! (assuming there are no bugs)
All spells are MUI now.

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01void.w3x
    65.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 36
Which appear spell? You have an lightning behind blink, i got an "Mark and Blink" spell with different effect on heroes and units, not much same beside that it moves your hero instantly, lol.

My spell overall has 2 parts, the first, the mark and after that the hunt, which moves the shadow dancer.

I mean NOT IN MY MAP!! You have TWO SPELLS in YOUR MAP that are the same.

Level 17
My views on the spells!

Abyssmal Blade:

This is imbalanced, you get a free mirror image for attacking a unit with no mana. Imagine if your hero got the attack speed moronically high? You should change it so the unit has to have mana, or at least make them die in 1 hit and deal minimum damage.

Prey Mark:

A useless ability against a hero, 5 strength is 125 HP, right? You should make it deal 150% of the damage to a hero, to at least give it a strong point against heros. So far feedback won't cut it.

Shadow Turn:

This is useless, it won't get you out of much danger if the unit has loads of melee units just waiting to get at you. You should make it so it can windwalk away, just for 5 seconds to get out of danger instead of into more.

Curare Dart:

I hope you know this is meant to be used in a melee map... Don't you think losing 5% of your attack and move speed every second for 20 seconds then after that being stunned for 4 seconds losing 400hp is a bit imbalanced??

Level 21
Kaitech? you are not a judge, so please stop complaining, my hero is thought for early game harrassment, like BADABAM! the demon hunter or the blade master, and imbalanced for a 25% damage dealing image that takes 500% damage? You could one hit it nearly at lvl 1.

These spells are not for aos maps, they are for a harrassing specialized hero, which adds something NEW to the standard melee maps. I didnt complain about your hero, so please.

Just a BIG tip, read what i wrote at the curare dart, it is certainly HARD to hit a enemy with that spell. A moving hero! It is thought to bring a bit micro in the game, like the Ghost Wolfs of the Far Seer.

You are just feared by new stuff.

Level 36
Kaitech[SanD];582312 said:
DotA sucks!! So does AOS at that...

Why would you want to make a hero for a game like that O_O

Some people like/are addicted to games like DotA (for example me, I am a huge addict to AoS games ^.^)

Also, it's more fun to make a hero for a game like that than for some other game, you have to think a lot more about synergy and fast stuff and, most importantly, eye candy! :D

Kaitech? you are not a judge,

Yes, he is. We all are. Just for that, you probably won't get his vote.

Level 17
Kaitech? you are not a judge, so please stop complaining

I may be no judge, but I am entitled to my opinion.

my hero is thought for early game harrassment, like BADABAM! the demon hunter or the blade master, and imbalanced for a 25% damage dealing image that takes 500% damage? You could one hit it nearly at lvl 1.

Ok, a level one melee hero.. You're looking at about 25 damage average. That's pretty much 125 per hit, but you have 2 footmen with you and then that's it, you could be suddenly swarmed by 20 or more things taking 5 hits to kill!

These spells are not for aos maps, they are for a harrassing specialized hero, which adds something NEW to the standard melee maps.

Well, if it's for harrassing certain heros then already that seems rather much of a let down to a hero you could of made into something better! Assassin hero's aren't really for a melee map. Oh, and before you say the BM is an assassin, that's bull. He has Windwalk which was intentionally made for escaping tight spots.

I didnt complain about your hero, so please.

What hero?

Just a BIG tip, read what i wrote at the curare dart, it is certainly HARD to hit a enemy with that spell. A moving hero! It is thought to bring a bit micro in the game, like the Ghost Wolfs of the Far Seer.

Ummm, yeah, it's shockwave baby! Any noob could hit a moving hero with shockwave damnit!

You are just feared by new stuff.

No, you are feared by the fact I am unhappy with how imbalanced that seems.

Does not care me, I don't want a vote from him. He reads not even my spells, nor tests them.

If I didn't read your spells, why would I freaking well have added critique on them? I don't get a sexual arousment from this kind of stuff.

And he lost my vote too, cause he did not even try the spells, would he, he would have sensed that curare dart reduces the movement and the attack speed not.

Yeah... Even then it's still imbalanced, as you can't run away to prevent further damage... By the way... What vote? I'm not in anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.