• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 - Animalistic Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll begin looking at the entries once this officially closes... ^_^

As I have read some concerns about the coding part of the score if the spells are purely OE work, my stand would be, it doesn't matter much to me, but ofc if its too simple (like just the normal storm bolt, with a different missile) it will have corresponding deductions...

Good luck to all!

I'll begin looking at the entries once this officially closes... ^_^

As I have read some concerns about the coding part of the score if the spells are purely OE work, my stand would be, it doesn't matter much to me, but ofc if its too simple (like just the normal storm bolt, with a different missile) it will have corresponding deductions...

Good luck to all!

thanks ! :goblin_yeah:

If I missed someone or linked a WiP'd entry, let me know.

entries.png

InfinateAnswers
Champara Bros
Jazztastic (ex Beef_Is_Back)
emjlr3
Ahimtar
Orcnet
Xiliger
Spinnaker
Brambleclaw
Blood Raven
Zeatherann
mckill2009
GunSlinger21
Bugz

Chizume, graystuff111, spencenator and eubz were not included; the three latter had only WiP submitted, while Chizume stated:
I drop out.

Please, confirm your entries.
Two submissions (GunSlinger21 & Champara Bros) have been linked through the pastebin. I will download the maps myself and add them in the poll, in case a pastebin entry expires.

@Adiktuz and Magtheridon96, you may start judging.

Finally, thank you for your participation and for keeping this contest alive. May the best entries win!

Last edited:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
icons_3561_btn.jpg

Nargth the Night Stalker

Hero description:

Forgotten leader of Shadow Wolfs. Relies on switf and deadly strikes and fear no enemy in close combat battle. Although doesn't posses much magic power, his strength and rapid attacks can quickly lie down any target. Wolfves never fight alone, and Nargth is able to summon his companies to aid him in battle. Learns Shadow Bite, Leader of the Pack, Howl of Fear and Wolf's Adaptation. Attacks ground units.

Wanted to make hero that is out of any stun/burst damage effects/abilities but still be usefull and fun to play with.

Hero role, adventages and disadventages:

Nigth Stalker is dedicated to interrupt enemies and focus on eliminatingunits behind the main forces or units who run away.

Adventages:
- Has good base armor and moderate amount of hit points adding much survability to the hero.
- Obtains great escape tool mechanics, enabling hero to quickly run/enter the fight.
- Got two passives, meaning that usually wolf relies on it's own attacks instead of spell damage.
- His spells got low cooldown and mana cost.
- Can hunt down any running unit.
- There is warrior that can match with him in long close combat fight.

Disadventages:
- Has low mana pool.
- Posses no protection skills.
- Since he relies on move-escape mechanics any snare/stun effect hurts him a lot.
- Fragile if sorrounded by bigger forces.
- Obtains no healing/buff abilities.
- His only disrrupt effect isn't reliable since enemies runs to random locations.

Hero Abilities:

IconSpell descriptionSpell mechanics
skill-3.gif

Shadow Bite:

Vicious strike that maims victim for short period, dealing low initial damage
but leaves target with open wounds, inflicting moderate damage with time.
If target is moving during the duration of spell, damage over time effect will be doubled.
Lasts for 15 seconds and has 5 seconds cooldown.
Initial damage: 25/35/45.
Damage over time: 105/190/275. Each tick is increased by 100% if target is moving.
Maims for 3 seconds (2 for hero) slowing attack speed by 25% and movement by 80%.
Both sources deal magic damage.
skill-2.jpg

Leader of the Pack:

Occasionaly summons wolf to bite your enemies.
The more enemies are around the loss chance for summoning is.
Chance and area of effect increases with each level.
Wolves last for one attack or untill 8 duration seconds have passed.
Chance for summon per enemy descreases by 2%.
Maximum chance for summon: 20/30/40% (if there is only one enemy around).
Minimum chance for summon: 3/4/5% - thats the lowest amount, even if there are ton of enemies around.
Wolves deal 11-12 normal damage.
skill-1.gif
Howl of Fear:
Feast on nearest enemies fear forcing them to run away and gaining additional damage for each enemy feared.
However, amount of fear wolf can absorb is limited. Each level increases area of effect, duration of spell
and amount of fear Night Stalker can absorb. Cooldown: 9 seconds.
Duration of fear effect: 6/7/8.
Duration of buff effect: 11/12/13.
Maximum amount of fear instance absorbed: 8/10/12.
Size increases by 5% for each instance.
Area of Effect: 450/500/550.
wolfsadaptation.th.png
Wolf's Adaptation:
Natural wofl's instict enables it to quickly adaptate to situation wolf is currently in.
Improves his attack speed and movement speed depending on actions executed.
For each second running gains 12 ms, although effects quickly runs out if Nargth stabds still.
Each succesfull strike increases his attack speed on that target by 15.
Effect is cut in half if target is changed and runs out if Night Stalker deals no melee damage for 5 seconds.
Maximum of 120 movement and up to 150 attack speed.
Adds ms instance for each 1 second moving.
Removes one ms instance for each 0.5 second standing.
Resets movement buff if standing for 3 or more seconds.
Attack speed is lost of Nargth doesn't attack for 5 or more seconds.
Loses 50% instances if current target has been changed.

Synergies:

Nargth prefers movement fights, and play state of this one should be move-oriented. Player should look for slower units (mortals, catas, casters) to pick/damage them or chase enemy players army wishing to split their forces.

Howl of Fear + Shadow Bite - Shadow Bite deals additional damage to running targets, folow that spell with Howl of Fear to maximalize spell's effect.

Howl of Fear + Leader of the Pack - Wolves spawns randomly, what means they require time to deal decent damage. If stuck in combat, Howl of Fear can prevent from taking much damage giving time for summoned wolves to make enemies weaker.

Leader of the Pack + Wolf's Adaptation - As already said, wolves require time to do damage and rapid movement obtained via Adaptation ability enables hero to kite targets around giving great amount of time for your passive.

Wolf's Adaptation + Howl of Fear - Reduce the combat efficiency of your enemies and still be able to land strikes on them with additional movement/attack speed from Wolf's Adaptation passive.

Last edited:
Level 16
If I missed someone or linked a WiP'd entry, let me know.

entries.png

InfinateAnswers
Champara Bros
Jazztastic (ex Beef_Is_Back)
emjlr3
Ahimtar
Orcnet
Xiliger
Spinnaker
Brambleclaw
Blood Raven
Zeatherann
mckill2009
GunSlinger21
Bugz

Chizume, graystuff111, spencenator and eubz were not included; the three latter had only WiP submitted, while Chizume stated:

Please, confirm your entries.
Two submissions (GunSlinger21 & Champara Bros) have been linked through the pastebin. I will download the maps myself and add them in the poll, in case a pastebin entry expires.

@Adiktuz and Magtheridon96, you may start judging.

Finally, thank you for your participation and for keeping this contest alive. May the best entries win!

That is a lot of entries. I'm slightly intimidated.

Anyways, I'd be happy placing, seeing as this is my first hero contest. Good luck everyone!

Level 16
Now to start judging *cracks fingers*
..... 0/100 FOR ALL OF YOU NOOOBS XD
jk :p
It's going to take me a while to judge all those :p
But, it won't be a problem since we have to wait for the public poll anyways :p

Listen people, do you want me to give simple scores, or do you want me to include comments..?

Well, it depends. Does a low score get the verbal noob smack-down it deserves? If so, then ABSOLUTELY YES! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 17
Indeed, i never finished it :ogre_icwydt: but got counted in?, well we need someone to get last :3 and its mah first contest, with some shit i dint knew how to do -.-

No no no you misunderstood the quote-- =D Your second to last.

now for the person who will be getting last place i believe will be me-I assure you my completed project will be worse than your wip-Also your wip looks epic :p. Thats a 99.9999% Guarantee :p

Started testing the maps...

For me, problems will the spells in-game (like not so good flow etc) will be part of the coding part (as its basically done with coding and Ability data manipulation)...

And leaks will result to a bit higher deduction than other errors... (especially leaks that are easily avoidable)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.