• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #5 - Science Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is an almost finished version of my hero. He just needs some fine tuning here and there and some polishing. (And a Documentation)

This will be my entry when i don't submit a final submission (it will come in the next two days probably, but i can never know)

I changed the ultimates name to "sticking bomb" to make it fitting to the new concept of the bomb being thrown nto the target and being dropped on the targets death.

Attachments

• contest Battle Engineer 2.w3x
    400 KB · Views: 84
Level 22
Since I can't even find a simple lightsaber model that doesn't look like shit, and since I'm too lazy to make it myself, I've decided to replace my Throw Lightsaber spell with something I've just called "Force Grip". I won't tell you what it is though (no, it's not like in KOTOR) :>

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

-Kobas- is proud to present
hero submitted as entry for Hero Contest #5 ~ Science Fiction:

DOWNLOAD MAP

Info:

Bob/Nick/Edi/Tommy/Shoki
Stormbringer

icons_7675_btn.jpg

Thanks to Norinrad for this awesome icon I used.

models_7163_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Thanks to Norinrad for this awesome model I used.

DOWNLOAD MAP

Stats:
Base Armor Bonus: 1
Base Damage Bonus: 0
Attack Speed: 2.22
Base Hit Points Bonus: 100
Base Hit Points Regeneration: 0.25
Base Mana Points Bonus: 100
Base Mana Points Regeneration: 0.01
Movement Speed: 270

agility.jpg
11 + 1.50
picture.php
16 + 1.8
strength.jpg
[c]23 + 2.70

DOWNLOAD MAP

Compassion:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

DOWNLOAD MAP

Abilities:

Stormstrike
icons_14019_btn.jpg

Thanks to PeeKay for this awesome icon I used.

Stormstrike will allow hero call down from the sky huge lightning bolt that will create EMP blast, dealing damage to target unit and additional area damage and stunning nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 100 Damage, 10 Area Damage, 0.5 seconds stun.
Level 2 - 200 Damage, 25 Area Damage, 1 second stun.
Level 3 - 300 Damage, 50 Area Damage, 1.5 seconds stun.

Inner Power
icons_13693_btn.jpg

Inner Power allow hero to move faster for some time, while move hero will create small holes within time, small magnetic disturbances that slow enemy units movement speed and destroy their mana as resoult of EMP blast at end of their duration. Inner Power will double Power Blast chance as well.
Level 1 - +20% MS, -20% Area MS, EMP drain 10 MP.
Level 2 - +40% MS, -40% Area MS, EMP drain 10 MP.
Level 3 - +60% MS, -60% Area MS, EMP drain 10 MP.

Power Blast
icons_13636_pas.jpg

Power Blast will allow hero to strike enemy unit with such power, that he will deal area damage and stun neaby enemy units.
Level 1 - 10% Chance to cause Stormstrike EMP blast.
Level 2 - 15% Chance to cause Stormstrike EMP blast.
Level 3 - 20% Chance to cause Stormstrike EMP blast.

NOTE: Won't trigger without Stormstrike abilty.

Leap of Thunders
icons_13696_btn.jpg

Leap of Thunders will allow hero to jump at target location dealing area damage to all enemy units, creating huge disturbance in magnetic field around him, causing EMP that drain mana out of nearby units.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 742
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 766
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 752
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 798
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 774
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 763
  • HERO CONTEST.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Level 13
@-Kobas- cool hero. u might want to put hidden tags on that. and stormbringer, i think doesn't fit his name or the theme. i mean something more futuristic maybe? But cool spells.

And the songs. it took me 5 minutes to read 1 spell description bcoz of the distraction from the songs.

I just realized now that I'm posting, that I should have just muted the music... Poop what an idiot I am. Late realization...

@-Kobas- cool hero. u might want to put hidden tags on that. and stormbringer, i think doesn't fit his name or the theme. i mean something more futuristic maybe? But cool spells.

And the songs. it took me 5 minutes to read 1 spell description bcoz of the distraction from the songs.

I just realized now that I'm posting, that I should have just muted the music... Poop what an idiot I am. Late realization...

I'm glad that you liked :)
Yeah it was bothering day so I just added that into map.

Activate Inner Power and then use Leap of Thunders ;)

Level 6
For all participants, please make sure to have a big "this is my final submission" like -Kobas- just did. (If you only submit the WIP and not the final submission I wont evaluate it, and I think this goes against the rules but i don't care if you didn't submit a WIP before your final submission, hopefully i'll receive a list from Pharaoh including all "valid" submissions before grading. I guess WIPs are for getting feedback out from other users, as a judge i wont provide any)

Level 13
Nerovesper's Hero Submission
Nerovesper's Entry
BTNLightingElemental.jpg
[TD][/TD]
Radius Impulse, the Millennium Force
[TD][/TD]

Strength:16 (+2.0 per lvl)
Agility:14 (+1.5 per lvl)
Intelligence:22 (+2.9 per lvl)
Primary:Intelligence
Attack Range:100
Race:Unknown (Could be Protoss?)
Hero Role:Universal Caster

BTNXTVortex.jpg
XT VortexArmed with an advance knowledge in space, the Millennium Force summons a machine that can distort the very essence of time in an area. Rips the space the machine was created through a vortex, reducing the speed of nearby enemy units and slowly pulling them to the center. But if Polarity Switch was on upon creation, it increases nearby allies' movespeed and healing them as nearby enemy units are slowly pushed away from the center instead.
BTNVoltageH.jpg
High VoltageDue to a creation of high voltage force, the Millennium Force gains bonus armor for a duration and summons a replica of him in his position. His replica releases electric waves every second and destroys itself after, from the intensity of the explosions. The waves deal a much heavier damage the closer the enemy is from the replica. But if Polarity Switch was on upon creation, the damage deal heavier the further the enemy.
BTNPolarity.jpg
Polarity SwitchThe Millennium Force's talent of lightning control gives him an advantage in his role and manipulation of his other abilities. Upon activation, surges opposite electrical currents in his body that will allow him to pass through units for a second. As a mastery, it passively adds damage to his attacks. But if this ability is turned on, it slows nearby enemy units instead.
BTNNVForce.jpg
NV1.8 Force FieldChannels very powerful static energies around the Millennium Force, summoning a field of static force field with electric fences. Enemies inside the field will take continuous damage, and upon leaving or entering through the electric fences, they will lose mana, have their positive buffs removed and become slowed for a duration. But if Polarity Switch is on, the field will burn mana instead of health, and leaving or entering the field will result in health loss and become slowed and silenced for a duration. (Channeling)

Highly complex and powerful hero. If used wisely, it can do different roles and deal heavy blow to mass enemies. A melee intelligence hero with an advantage of its own.
Thanks to Apheraz Lucent for the vB codes

------------------

Decided to make a melee intelligence hero since melee maps don't have them.
Had to remake this serveral time and I can't find suitable "red and blue" icons here at hive.
I had to make them myself by combining Blizzard Icons and they still suck...
Documentation was killing me and so did that video...
:goblin_cry:

This has got to be the most worked-up thing I did in the year 2011. I hibernated most of the year. Wasted 11 months and 12 days of my life sleeping.

The reason I made a video is to practice using Vegas Pro 10. I had this program for a long time and it seems to be unused. Oh wait, I guess from sleeping most of the time I never get to use anything with the exception of Google Chrome... I use it even in my freaking dream...
Btw, video upload took me like 2 and 1/2 hours. :vw_death:

Attachments

• Hero Contest #5 ~NV (With Comments).w3x
    353.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Level 14
That has got to be the most epic hero yet.. nice trailer
Anyway did you recolor the icons to make it fit?

Amn

Amn

Level 2
Hello, i want to participate on this contest.
This is my first post at hive :D and my final submission for the contest.

Str hero named PowPow. ( i did it in 3 days for this contest! )
theme fits "presence of advanced technology, robotics and/or improved weaponry"

You play a human made robot, your mission is to defend a human base from aliens. This is a supply base that harvests energies and aliens try to destroy it.
Now it's being evacuated and you have to defend it.

some screenshots

pw3m.jpg

pw2g.jpg

pw1ue.jpg

4 cute spells, really.
map attached. cheers !

Attachments

• PowPow.w3x
    188.1 KB · Views: 109
Level 22
Lets see if I get this mad Jedi Sith ready before the deadline :D

Anyway, a collection (3 images xD) of lolwtf WIPs:

A Sith in mid-air? What trickery is this?!
Sith%20in%20mid%20air%20wtf.png

Oooh, but why is the icon a lightsaber? :O O:
wutz%20diz.png

DIEEEEEE!!! Uuuh, why am I doing this again?
dieeeeee.png

Level 14
Lets see if I get this mad Jedi Sith ready before the deadline :D

Anyway, a collection (3 images xD) of lolwtf WIPs:

A Sith in mid-air? What trickery is this?!
Sith%20in%20mid%20air%20wtf.png

Oooh, but why is the icon a lightsaber? :O O:
wutz%20diz.png

DIEEEEEE!!! Uuuh, why am I doing this again?
dieeeeee.png

Darth Baleous? Name him M0rbid NAO!

Level 22
Finally entries are piling up.

@nerovesper

Nice video, heavily inspired by Trailers by Heroes of Newerth. So is the hero itself, strongly inspired by Flux. Although the spells are quite different, interesting indeed.

@Amn

I'm afraid that you cannot join as you clearly not followed the rules.

@TRD

Is it just me or why can't I see the images? :S

Level 13
@nerovesper

Nice video, heavily inspired by Trailers by Heroes of Newerth. So is the hero itself, strongly inspired by Flux. Although the spells are quite different, interesting indeed.
IKR. After listening to that music intro I just had to use it. :ogre_hurrhurr:

And ya, I have thought of pull or push for his ulti like flux's but I realized it was for a melee map. His ulti would have sucked more.

Last edited:
Level 13
@Amm - Cool spells. I especially liked the laser and the bait. The spells are too overpowered though. They could use a fix in balance.

@The_Reborn_Devil - Don't sith fly? Magnethic powers of some kind? x)

@-Kobas- - I did. :)
But seriously man, you should change the name Stormbringer to something more futuristic. Usually names like those were used medieval times. Or that's just how I see it? Not really sure.

I think here are the submission so far:

mckill2009 - "Elite Plasmeon"
Arti3DPlayer - "Techno Dwarf"
-Kobas- - "Stormbringer"
nerovesper - "Millennium Force"
Amn - "PowPow"

Did I miss anyone?

knapp01.png

images

I kind of liked the ulti, but the rest of the spells was kind of unoriginal and not so much fun.
Also the trail left by the second skill is too messy, you can't see a thing, it would be better if you removed the ghost of the character and just used the lightning effects.
(Also how about you mute the main warcraft music, I'd like to listen to the custom music, it's just so awesome)

Level 22
@TRD

Is it just me or why can't I see the images? :S

They work for me :D
Could be dropbox though, since that's what I'm using. Dropbox has been weird lately.

Anyway, if fear I might have to cut down on something, since I only got a few hours left to work, and, hehe, I suck at prioritizing, so I haven't worked that much :>
Also, I had to remake a spell that was almost done D:

Level 4
Kes'tar, the Confuser
models_6349_screenshot_tnb.jpg
A supportive hero, adept at disables.

Stats
-Attributes: [Strength 14 + 2.2] [Intelligence 18 + 3] [Agility 14 + 0.80]
-Movement speed: 270
-
No auto attack

icons_7187_btn.jpg
icons_10329_btn.jpg
Spell_Holy_MagicalSentry.gif
icons_6486_btn.jpg
XVII-7 Shells

Kes'tar shot a single target in a big range, dealing damage based on distance and intelligent
Energy Grenade

Kes'tar shot a grenade, that stun the enemy and knock Kes'tar back.
Optical Camouflage

For a continual manacost Kes'tar will be invisible and his abilities get bonus effect.
Psionic Lockdown

Kes'tar uses his mind to lock down his enemy's brain

For the larger description read the tooltips.

Pyramidhe@d - for the model
The_Silent - for the shot icon
bigapple90 - for the grenade icon
CRAZYRUSSIAN - for the ultimate icon

Blizzard - for World Editor
Pharaoh_ - for making this contest
my brother - for the hero's icon
And everyone else, who see this hero

Energy grenade + Optical camouflage is a great escape
Optical camouflage + Energy granade help to use Psionic Lockdown
Energy grenade + XVII-7 shells can be used to deal maximum damage
Optical camouflage + Energy grenade + XVII-7 shells + Psionic Lockdown + XVII-7 shells is his ultimate combo (the shot in the middle is good becouse it restore mana and while you cast your ultimate the cooldown will end)

For the map : View attachment Hero Contest No. 5.w3x
for hero spawn type -hero
for item spawn type -items (at the bottom of the map)

Last edited:
Level 22
Damn, as always, I have to accept the fact that I can't seem to get things done in time xD

Too much LoL and homework :/

I'll let you guys see what I have though, which, even though it may look like much when you check the triggers, isn't really that much. Only 1 spell I can truly say is done, and 2 others that are almost done. I never got a chance to start at the passive spell though. Hurr durr, I will release it in the spells section once it's done though, so don't fret :>

Oh, and the test map sucks balls btw.

Link: TRD's Herp Contest Entry. If you, the judge, feel like you have too much time, then by all means, judge what you can judge.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot this:

The_Reborn_Devil's Entry
<Too lazy to get image>
[TD][/TD]
Darth Baleous, the Sith
[TD][/TD]

Force GripDon't have description for this one xD
Force JumpThe jedi uses the force to jump towards a target position. Upon impact the jedi will erect a force barrier in a certain AOE around him, keeping all enemy ground units from leaving or entering the area.
Force SustenanceForce Rage: In this mode his attack is slightly enhanced by the force. Additionally, while being attacked in this mode the jedi's rage is continuously fuelled and upon reaching a certain limit he will use this deep pool of rage to unleash a quick flurry of attacks with his lightsaber upon random enemies around him. This sudden burst will however also penalise him with some HP loss, and can result in death.

Force Preservation: In this mode the jedi is generating a force field around himself that will reduce the impact of enemy attacks. Also, whenever he slays a foe he'll use the force to grab pieces from them to apply quick fixes on himself. These repairs will then be held in place by the force, however he will not be able to hold the repairs in place forever. As a consequence, these repairs will be temporary and this can potentially reach a point where he lives entirely on burrowed life.

Note: Switching mode will nullify the "rage pool" that is generated in Force Rage as well as all burrowed life gained via Force Preservation. The latter can potentially be fatal.
Force CataclysmThe jedi focuses all his powers on a targeted area, sending crushing force waves from random angles towards the core, pushing enemies inwards and dealing damage. Enemies inside will also have reduced movement speed and defence.

He's a sith, need I say more?
Descriptions here may differ from what they are in the test map. I just CnP'd those from a previous post.

Lol creds to Apheraz Lucent for lol vB :D

Level 10
This is my entry, thanks for the template goes to Apheraz Lucent

Lord_Earthfire's Entry
icons_7749_btn.jpg
[TD][/TD]
Sam, the Combat Engineer
[TD][/TD]

Agility:15 (+1,2 per lvl)
Strength:19 (+1,7 per lvl)
Intelligence:20 (+2,5 per lvl)
Attack Range:500
Affiliation:Human
Hero Role:Universal Support

icons_12158_btn.jpg
Take-overThe engineer goes into the targeted mechanical unit, controling it while being able to enchance the targed while occupied (The enhancements are affected by the level of this ability).
icons_11252_btn.jpg
Repair dronesReleases (4/5/6) drones upon a target mechanical unit, healing it until the drones are destroyed, the spell is recasted on the same target or their lifespawn of 20 seconds ends. Each drone heals 2 health per second and possesses 75 health.
icons_4065_btn.jpg
Nanite fieldSpreads nanites all around the engineer, fortifiing the machines around him, increasing the maximal health by (25/50/75).
icons_12416_btn.jpg
Sticking bombThrows a bomb towards the target, sticking it on the unit.
After 30 seconds the bomb explodes, killing the unit and dealing 300 damage in an area of 300.
If the unit is killed first, the bomb will drop on the ground, ticking further.

One on mechanical units depending supportive hero, which can be used in defensive ways to protect your own mechanical units while disturbing your enemy, or which can be used offensive to confuse your enemy by conquering his units while blowing up other ones. Althought he is quite tricky to play because of his low casting range, he has the potential to ruin your enemy's tactics just by disturbing him.
I'm sorry for not adding a good documentation how to implement him into a map, in fact, you just need to implement a recycling indexing system (even if it is not the best one, a change of the custom value of a unit would bug with sticking bomb and repair drones), a hashtable, a system which increased the max hp of a unit and a movement system, which is probably the heart of the spells i made.

Credits go to:

Modelcreator:
Kwaliti for the "T-51b Power Armor Unit (Non-TC)" model (Cobat Engineer)
M0rbid for the "Alien Drone" Model (Repair Drone)

Icons:
Kwaliti for the "Power Helmet" Icon (Combat Engineer)
Kola for the "Drone Armor" Icon (Repair drones)
Matarael for the "mine" Icon (Engine bomb)
InfinityNexus for the "AutoRepairBots" Icon (Nanite-field)
Crowolf for the "Power Grip2" Icon (Take-over)

Edit: Yes i really couldn't find a better name for the hero O.

Edit2: Damn, i forgot to even add a loading screen or a description, this is really not my week o_O

Attachments

• contest Battle Engineer 3.w3x
    400.9 KB · Views: 146
Level 17
Hero Contest #5 - Xiliger Entry {Yorg} Final

Yorg, eliete tactical commander of the batalion of space orcs in the Qudra Sector. Yorg is an expert at techtical commands, but evenly skilled with his plasma charger weapon.

Abilities

Rocket Strike

Fires a missile at a target location, the missile will deal damage to all enemy units and will knock them back.

Flack Cannon Assault

Marks a target enemy unit. The marked target will be bombarded by siege tanks, dealing 16.5 damage in a small area near the target.

Combustion Current

Creates a combustion current around a enemy unit. If the unit cast any spell whilst having a combustion current, it will explode and damage all nearby enemy units and apply combustion current on them.

Ion Strike

Orders in an Ion Strike at a target location. All enemy units caught in the rotating Ion Beams will take 4.5 damage every 0.03 seconds. The Ion Strike will dispence when all beams have reached the center.

Credits

dansaDisco
Frankster
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
shamanyouranus
Illidan(Evil)X
levigeorge1617
Tranquil

Attachments

• Xiliger Entry - Space Orc.w3x
    350.9 KB · Views: 168

Amn

Amn

Level 2
hey, about the balance on my hero PowPow
i want to say they're just numbers, maybe i'm losing points on Balance but i want you to test the spells not wait 999 seconds for cooldowns

Since I was busy, I am not able to complete my entry. I will create a poll once the contest ends (If you wish to do so, Pharaoh_, let me know).

Good luck to everyone!

Go ahead and I'll approve of it, thanks for the offer ;]

Count every submission, even after the deadline, we don't have the luxury of letting contestants go.

Status
Not open for further replies.