- Nov 6, 2008
Contestants must create a hero with a concept linked with the world of animals. The hero must possess the basics of an animal and combine the key of human nature with the one of animal instincts.
• No submission may violate the Hiveworkshop Rules.
• Teams are not allowed; the entire hero must be made by a single user. However, you're able to use any resources publicly available in THW database, except for spells.
• The hero must have a total of 4 skills. You can use any combination, all passive, all active, three active and one passive, anything, as long as it offers a creative approach to the play style. However, the three of them must be regular, while one of them must be an ultimate, gained at level 6, just like default Warcraft III.
• The spells can be made using GUI, JASS, vJASS, Zinc, cJass or just significant object editor work. A judge that is not familiar with all of the listed languages cannot be appointed.
• All spells must have been made after the start of this contest; no previous work allowed.
• You are allowed to use any enhancing system (Hero Contest #4 specific element), as long as it does enhance the functionality of the spell and it is bug free.
• You're allowed only one submission.
• Any submission must follow a Work In Progress (WiP), before it is published and labelled as the final piece.
• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
• Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
• Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
Tell us if you want to judge. Appointed judges must have previous experience in spell-making, familiarity with the Object Editor and Trigger Editor themselves, knowledge of GUI, Jass, vJass, Zinc, cJass, in case each of those languages are used in the submissions.
|How interesting is the hero to play with?||/10|
|Is the hero bug and lag free? How well was the coding executed?||/10|
|How well do the abilities work with each other? Do they fit with the theme of the hero?||/10|
|How balanced the hero is? Is it extremely weak to own or extremely hard to face?||/10|
|How good-looking the hero is? How well their appearance is fitting with the icons? Are the tooltips self-explanatory?||/5|
- 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
The contest shall begin on 07/03/2011 and conclude on 23:59, 4th August 2011, GMT