• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 - Animalistic Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Champara bros - i hope that rules arent that strict, i thought of animalistic nature and this was my first idea...

eh, i though i read somewhere that abilities inside abilities are allowed... sorry then, they are kind of part of the avatar skill, but i dont argue...

anyway it is still my final entry. if its against the rules, then i am sorry, disqualify me, i have no time for remake. i tried to do my best.

you can have 1 additional ability with avatar like spells, it is same in warcraft 3, mountain giant gains 20 bonus damage and spell immunity. you could add
ranged damage bonus hp and swarm aura. No problem. And rules are not that strict. It is just that your hero is a mage. he has no need to possess animalistic nature. He just summons spiders. Would you say that Morgana la Fey was animalistic ? No, yet she had amazing ability to turn into a dragon. You are doing what pharaoh forbade. In one post he said that we could use animal concept of pokemon, but that we could not use electric abilities of pickachu just because we made our hero of him. same thing here. You can not create some spider summoning sorcerer and call it an animalistic hero just because he can turn into a spider.
The hero must possess the basics of an animal and combine the key of human nature with the one of animal instincts.
You on the other hand created eredar who tought it would be fun to enslave spiders. this may seem cool becuse some people have arachofobia but otherwise it would be the same if your hero summons parrots and turns into one. You must find that link. which is why you are given a month instead of 7 days. I would enjoy playing with your hero, but I would say he is more of a summoner then animalistic hero. plus you have 2 days. I do not expect you to like this post, but you just missed the point of this contest. There is only one ability you almost made good.
Improvements:
Poison bolt is cool, but why do they explode ? that totally ruined the point. You made it demonic in an eye blink. (would be animalistic if it was not demonic)
Summon spiders:
Totally pointless and imba ability. Have you ever seen price on the crypt fiend. it is because web is VERY valuable ability. you made army of anti air units. reduce number of spiders, and give them a link, so when you select an hero so you automatically pick the spiders as well.(not animalistic)
True Form:
I already comented on this one. (animalistic)
Spider Lair:
Oh cool more anti air spiders. Plus blight ? why ??? spiders are not freaks. they are cool, very useful animals. Not necrotic monstrocities. (not animalistic)

Level 30
Entry [final]

Tikbalang teek-bah-lan
(also known as the Hundred Island Centaur)

attachment.php

Strength: 20 [+2.00/level]
Agility: 14 [+1.50/level]
Intelligence: 14 [+1.50/level]

Hero Statistics:

attachment.php

Hitpoints: 650
Mana Points: 210
Speed Base: 295
Attack Range: 100 [Melee]

Skills:

Abyssal Burst [Active]
Crumble [Active]
Gloom [Passive]
Deathsweep [Ultimate/Channeling]

Background Story

Once proud hunters of the natives in the hundred islands of Philinas, these athletic herders are also the watchers of there ancient lands and reconsidered warriors of their kind, but within their hearts lie something more. As for the fervor of their sin of pride, the tropical herdsmen made unholy rituals and brutal sacrifices to heed their call for power.

Heard by the Lord of the underworld, the pleased listener has made a pact with the native summoners by enhancing their strength and agility in exchange of their souls and rituals. Without doubt, the hapless natives had taken the toll and was transformed into a beast, horse-like creatures that now serve the under lord’s Will to abandon their humanity to dominate and conceal life forever in darkness.

As a result, the effect of the dark process has illuminated their body by increasing their speed twice faster than a regular man and the hunting skills of a carnivore. An encounter with this beast is devastating by means of its unchallenging speed that can dive its way on its adversaries. It can also crush its enemies with its unholy strength straight to the cause. When this beast is overrun or challenged, it can call upon the essence of shadowy minions by disrupting its enemies. Thus, making them extraordinary predators for the hunt and slaughter for their new way of living.

Tikbalangs were described as being a half-horse, half-human hybrid. Contrary to the centaurs of western imagination, the tikbalangs is said to have the head and hooves of a horse, with the body of a tall and muscular man. Their primary diet can concise of meat, either from their prey of both wild animals and their forgotten bloodline of men. They also have the taste for plants such as vines, roots, and even tree barks.

Icon
Active SkillDescriptionMana CostCooldownCasting RangeDurationAllowed TargetsEffects
attachment.php
Abyssal BurstBursts into an incredible speed and dives forward, dealing damage to everything it hits.135/145/15510/10/10700/800/9005/5/5Enemy Units100/175/250 damage

Icon
Active SkillDescriptionMana CostCooldownCasting RangeDurationAllowed TargetsEffects
attachment.php
CrumbleSmashes the ground, dealing damage and slowing the movement speed of nearby enemy land units.70/70/707/7/7N/A4/4/4Enemy Units70/120/170 damage & 25/35/45% slow

Icon
Passive SkillDescriptionMana CostCooldownCasting RangeDurationArea of EffectAllowed TargetsEffects
attachment.php
GloomConsumed by the Under Lord's presence terrifies nearby enemies, reducing their armor.N/AN/AN/AN/A900/900/900Enemy Units2/3/4 armor reduction

Icon
Ultimate Skill [Channeling]DescriptionMana CostCooldownCasting RangeDurationAllowed TargetsEffects
attachment.php
DeathsweepSummons a wave of dark spirits to destroy your enemies. Each passing spirits deals damage.1501505005Enemy Units24 damage/spirit

attachment.php

Attachments

• BTN_CR_Mojo.jpg
    BTN_CR_Mojo.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 522
  • BTN_cr_Warp3.jpg
    BTN_cr_Warp3.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 513
  • BTNbob2.jpg
    BTNbob2.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 531
  • Deathsweep.png
    Deathsweep.png
    12 KB · Views: 534
  • Gloom.png
    Gloom.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 564
  • tikba.JPG
    tikba.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 534
  • phil.jpg
    phil.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 828
  • littlepony.w3x
    753.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Level 30
DOBLE POST!

after a full head-aching weeks of research of demonology,biology, and synergy I'm done, I already tested the hero to some of my friends, and other people here in local that's why I just waited for the last days to come, hope you guys appreciate it, good luck for the other contestants! :)

Level 30
His skills are more fit for a mage...

I've been into the conclusions that its skills are based on amplifications, or better yet, enhanced. and yes you are correct! because of what I made, the character was said to be summoners [similar to mage], they'd practice crude magic just to get tamed by animalistic powers.

Then remove him or i report it to the police :() i saw a dumpass posting half naked pony's, thats agaisnt the law

ROFL! XD

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Final Entry

Narght the Night Stalker:
Forgotten leader of Shadow Wolfs. Relies on switf and deadly strikes and fear no enemy in close combat battle. Although doesn't posses much magic power, his strength and rapid attacks can quickly lie down any target. Wolfves never fight alone, and Nargth is able to summon his companies to aid him in battle. Learns Shadow Bite, Leader of the Pack, Howl of Fear and Wolf's Adaptation. Attacks ground units.

Howl of Fear:
Feast on nearest enemies fear forcing them to run away and gaining additional damage for each enemy feared. However, amount of fear wolf can absorb is limited. Each level increases area of effect, duration of spell and amount of fear Night Stalker can absorb.

Leader of the Pack:
Occasionaly summons wolf to bite your enemies. The more enemies are around the loss chance for summoning is. Chance and area of effect increases with each level. Wolves last for one attack or untill 8 duration seconds have passed.

Shadow Bite:
Vicious strike that maims victim for short period, dealing low initial damage but leaves target with open wounds, inflicting moderate damage with time. If target is moving during the duration of spell, damage over time effect will be doubled.

Wolf's Adaptation
Natural wofl's instict enables it to quickly adaptate to situation wolf is currently in. Improves his attack speed and movement speed depending on actions executed. For each second running gains 12 ms, although effects quickly runs out if Nargth stabds still. Each succesfull strike increases his attack speed on that target by 15. Effect is cut in half if target is changed and runs out if Night Stalker deals no melee damage for 5 seconds.Maximum of 120 movement and up to 150 attack speed.

Informations for entry will be added soon!

Attachments

• HeroContest4WiP.w3x
    185 KB · Views: 80
  • HeroContest4.w3x
    348.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 17
Its taken me alot of failed contests to advance in triggering so much to do the time limit combined with the work load, and being a judge in that mini-mapping contest gave me experience in knowing what judges look at, and obvious things that can ruin your score. And im a little suprised no one has commented on my hero like "Its under/over powered" or something negative but constructive. I am good at balancing and i have a good understand of formulas and math and such, so calculating damage and comparing how well it does to other heroes comes easy to me, but still no one has even made a comment, kind of makes me sad =(

Level 7
You can not create some spider summoning sorcerer and call it an animalistic hero just because he can turn into a spider
well, now i see its true, but i can still see him like a werespider a bit :D
plus you have 2 days.
i am on holiday, i didnt expect any sort of internet here :D so im not gonna do anything with it, though i have one left day :ogre_haosis: too lazy
Poison bolt is cool, but why do they explode ? that totally ruined the point.
it was just to create AoE somehow and add trigger-made spell :D at first it was supposed to be that BF sends a spider which dies, and after some time the spider explodes, but somehow it was too difficult to make so i edited it and then again and again and ended with this :D
Plus blight ? why ??? spiders are not freaks. they are cool, very useful animals. Not necrotic monstrocities. (not animalistic)
well, it felt kind of fitting for me, in my opinion spiders are the kind of evil-animals :) and the hero was supposed to be undead, so it also fitted him...

but i agree... and i let it all on judges or mod or whoever decides it...

Judging this contest will be fun ^^

A few tips:

GUI:
- Clear all leaks
- Don't repeat stuff like (Triggering Unit), etc.. Use variables for those.
- Use Integer Variable instead of Integer A
- Use Integer Variable loops instead of repeating tons of lines of code.
- Use arrays wisely...

Jass/vJass:
- Null all handles (Even triggers and players)
- Don't give TOO MANY requirements :p
- Use systems that are up to date like Bribe's Table (Not Vexorian's)
- Use variable names no longer than 7-8 characters for speed :)
- For locals, use 1 character variable names.
- Follow Jass convention (camelcase)
- Indent code well
etc...

Zinc:
- Same as Jass :p

Theres nothing wrong with Integer A and if you'll take off points for that then i dont see you as a good judge

Integer A is bad. Everybody knows that...
If I'm going to remove points for something like that, everyone would get a score under 5 :p
In the field of coding, if I find one thing that's wrong with your code, i'd remove 0.25 points.
Finally, I'd round to the nearest half :)
And don't call me a bad judge... I know what I'm doing ;)

What's wrong if my variables sometimes go further than 8 space long, and if sometimes local aren't signle letter ones?

Those are just some marginal speed boost tips ;)
I won't take off a single point :p

Follow Jass convention (camelcase) -> do you meant: big letters for globals, lower ones for locals?

JASS:
CONSTANT_GLOBALS
VariableGlobals
structMembers
JassFunctions
localvariables

Oh and don't forget that if you're using vJass, you must use Static ifs for constant booleans.

they said bugs aren't animals because they're want BUGFREE entries

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Guys, here's one final tip, the shorter your code, the faster (The Jass Interpreter reads Jass as text not code)

Status
Not open for further replies.