• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
the%20hive%20workshop.png

hero.png
contest.png
number.png
3.png

The contestants must create an avatar of them selves. The Avatar must be in the form of a Warcraft 3 Hero. Your Avatar must have 4 spells, each spell must have 3 - 4 levels(Ultimate only requires 1 level). One of the abilities must be an Ultimate ability (Level 6 Ability), and your Avatar must have 1 passive skill.(The passive skill may be your ultimate skill)

Your hero's name must be your Hive Workshop forum name, or a link to it.

If you are uncertain about the theme or what is meant by avatar, please read this :

You must make your self as an Warcraft 3 hero. (This has nothing to do with Avatar the movie with the Na'vi or Avatar, the last Airbender.)

It is just like a normal hero contest, except that you have to create your self.

Example :

debode said:
I think what he means and making yourself in WarCraft. Like...

Deolrin
Troll Fanatic

1) Avatar: The hero takes the form of a random Loa god, gaining benefits dependent on the god.
2) Voodoo Doll: The hero creates a voodoo doll of a target hero. This enables the hero to use potions or weapons in order to harm or heal the target. Potions used to heal an ally disappear on use while weapons used to damage a target have a long cooldown but stay in the inventory. Damage depends on the weapon.
3) Dance of War: The hero's fighting style involves dance-like movements, enabling him to dodge attacks and gain a timed bonus to speed from enemy attacks. Passive ability.
4) Rage: While the ability is active, the hero gains 200% bonus attack speed and 15 damage points, but loses 3% of his current life per second and suffers from an armor change to Unarmored and loses 2 armor. Ultimate ability.

and

debode said:
Not your actual forum image avatar. More like... What represents you when it comes to the Hive. Say Misha likes Naga, so he'll be a Naga hero. Say General Frank likes tanks and modeling so he'll be a modeling tank or something.

Note:
Your hero does not have to have your characteristics, personality or anything like that, It should be the way you would like to be represented as an hero in warcraft.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  • Teams are not allowed; the entire hero must be made by a single user. However, you're able to use any resources publicly available in THW database, except for spells.
    • Requesting resources are okay as long as you give a link to them in this contest thread.
  • The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
  • The spells can be made using GUI, JASS, vJASS, or just significant object editor work.
  • The hero must be like other WC3 heroes and have one ultimate skill and three regular skills.
  • All spells must have been made after the start of this contest; no previous work allowed.
  • Systems that do most of the work for you are not allowed. This includes things such as "Caster Systems". However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited.
    > Please read the side note at the bottom of this post for more information.
  • You're only allowed 1 submission.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP before the contest deadline to prove that your entry is your own. Also it's just good to get feedback.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Originality
How original the hero is. Small derivations of standard WC3 heroes won't yield much score in this category./15

Visual
How does your hero/spells/icons/ect look (Eye Candy)./5

Coding
How leak free, efficient, and well structured the coding of the map is./10

Synergy
How well the abilities fit together. This means the synergy between abilities./15

Balance
How balanced the hero is compared with other WC3 heroes. Is it overpowered? Underpowered?/5
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 17 March 2010 and conclude on 23:59, 14th April 2010, GMT

A note on systems/scripts:
Please post the systems you are using before you start using them so that the judges can tell you if that system is allowed. There were some mishaps in the previous contest regarding this issue and we do not want this to happen again.

Entries :

Gamecrafter_DK
Entry
CyberkidEntry
xxdingo93xxEntry
DurukaEntry
SpencenatorEntry
KalaEntry
Vakama LynxEntry
HunterravynEntry
88WaRCraFT3Entry
ronojalesEntry
NearbyHermitEntry
alextEntry
cool_is_iEntry
scorpion182Entry
MakerEntry
DevilDuke1995Entry
KingzEntry
456564Entry
XiligerEntry
Pharaoh_Entry
DarkyvmEntry
Beast(TrOg)Entry
N1ghthawkEntry
EgormanEntry

Last edited:
So, our hero can have 4 active skills too?

Before you start complaining, not all of the melee maps' heroes have 3 active skills and 1 passive. There also heroes, who have full active skills, e.g. Lich, Blood Mage, Warden, Dark Ranger, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Firelord, Beastmaster, Far Seer, Shadow Hunter. They are too many to ignore this fact.

Level 4
Rogash Firefall,Orc Berserker(Blademaster)
D.E.A.T.H
-Hunger of Blood-
When activated,Hero becomes bigger and stronger also he gets a buff "Flaming Fury"(When hero attacks a target,attacked unit has to chance to being stunned,damaged per second or slowed) but mana drops zero and also regeneration too.
-Blood of Olds-
When being cast,Hero becomes bigger,damages units around him and summons group of Spirits,but losses %75 of his life and disable regeneration for 1 min.It is a risky skill.
-Red Skinned-
It is a passive ability.When an unit attacks hero,attacked unit will have a chance(%5) to be ownered by you for 10 second.Also when it happens,all enemies around him attack ownered unit.Passive Ability.
-Black In Back-
When activated,hero gets two attachment.Two black wing on his back and a Sword(Dark Arrow).Hero raises all dead units around him in a certain range(Include Enemies),Hero becomes very much stronger,but he cant use abilities and items also,lose %1 hp per 2 seconds.Ultimate Skill.

Level 11
NO BLOODY WAY! This is EXACTLY what I had in mind! I was thinking about submitting a spellpack in which my W3 self featured! Hell I'm in!

One question: I plan on making a stand-alone hero, not a melee one. How can you count "balance" on that? I guess he'll be judged as an AoS hero or something, not a melee one.

hmmm. I may join if so:
Forgotten_Warlord (Can you use an alternate name?)
Goblin(My model[High Poly if I finish it before this :p])
Class Type: Barbaric/Warrior like

Descriptions will be altered
Spells/Abilities:
Reckless Charge - Charges at the enemy unit at high speeds causing knock back and damage.

Back Swing - Activates after dealing damage, gives a chance to strike 1,2,3 targets in front of the caster.

Roar of Vengence - Causes all units in a 300 yard radius to be pulled into the caster, and then knocked back out. Also buffing the caster increasing damage slightly.

Revenge(Ultimate) - Goes into a rampage moving at extreamly high speeds dealing a huge amount of damage to all units around the caster also if Roar of Vengence is active then your hero has a chance to cause the enemy units to bleed over time.

Not sure if combos are allowed, wish I could have more then 4 abilities though :p

Level 25
This is a terrible theme. It's totally un-restrictive, meaning I can justify basically any hero as "my avatar". The heroes that do "represent you when it comes to the Hive", will be absolute shite, or not actually in accordance with the theme.
agreed. almost as bad as the Christmas theme suggested for the texture competition.

The previous hero contest didn't even have a theme afaik...

Anyway i am in...

Level 9
hmm, interesting, a chance to use all of those projectile systems i've been developing. I'm in.

NOTE: i'll be using my war3 account name, Aw_Fiddlesticks, as the base

Level 9
Oh, my account name? meh, you rained on my parade. Oh well, i think of something...

Btw, it says in the rules to post any systems used, where do you want them posted?

Level 9
The "system" is just a base 2 triggers, i have to make a new set of the two for each projectile. It's not really a universal "system", just a kind of base i follow for projectile triggering. Think that will be okay?

Level 9
mmk, here is the test map for my new ideas, most of them use the projectile system.

View attachment bomb.w3x

NOTE: with the hero, serpent ward spawns an ion cannon strike, the earthquake is the flamethrower. Bombs must be spawned manually with editor

Level 13
Consider me in.

Darkmoon Hero
Technomage
(Probably using the Rifleman model, undecided here)

Pox Box - Throws out the Pox Box that can create either a cloud of poisonous gas (DoT), an EMP burst (mass mana drain over time), a shower of flames (Randomized AoE damage), or a blast of ice and snow (damages and slows).

Lightning Generator - Creates a bolt of arching lightning that will randomly bounce between targets, dealing damage. (It can bounce to the same target more than once, and more than once in a row)
If a unit is struck by Lightning Generator and has the Poison Gas buff, the gas ignites, removing the buff but adding a more powerful flame DoT.
If a unit is struck by Lightning Generator and has the EMP buff, the lightning instantly burns X more mana.
If a unit is struck by Lightning Generator and has the Iced buff, the ice shatters, dealing heavy damage and freezing them in place for X seconds.

Static Charge - Each pellet launched by the Technomancer's "Raider Gun" leaves a static trace. Each consecutive attack on the same target builds up the static, and after X attacks it will burst in a swirling vortex of electricity that deals damage to enemies. (Passive)

Technomastery - When activate, the next spell casted by the Technomancer has a greater effect.
Pox Box -
- The gas is more concentrated, drenching enemies in poison. Any attacks that open wounds will let the poison into their bloodstream, dealing increased damage.
- The EMP also knocks enemies unconscious, stunning them until they're attacked.
- The Flame Shower leaves the ground burning, dealing heavy damage over time.
- The box leaves the ground covered in ice, slowing movement speed of all who walk on the ground for a long duration.
Lightning Generator - Doubles the number of bounces.

If there is a violation of some sort in here, please notify me. Also, no systems are being used. About downloaded resources, I'm not sure yet.

Level 9
4Fc78154.jpg

Shade Whiff
The hero snatches on the opponent, dealing damage and restoring own health per attack. Total 10 attacks.
Level 1 - deal 15 damage, restore 7.5 hp per attack.
Level 2 - deal 30 damage, restore 15 hp per attack.
Level 3 - deal 45 damage, restore 22.5 hp per attack.
Cooldown: 25 Seconds.

Shade Step
Teleports hero to target point, dealing damage to enemies around and slowing their speed for 4 seconds.
Level 1 - 100 damage, 25% slow.
Level 2 - 150 damage, 35% slow.
Level 3 - 200 damage, 45% slow.
Cooldown: 8 Seconds

Enveloping Shades
Shades shroud the hero, doing its invisible to enemy eyes. Speed of movement of the hero increases also the first attack which it will make being invisible will deal damage to enemy depending on current enemy life percent. Invisibility last 10 seconds.
Level 1 - increase movement speed by 10%, deal 50 + 5% of current life in damage.
Level 2 - increase movement speed by 15%, deal 100 + 10% of current life in damage.
Level 3 - increase movement speed by 20%, deal 150 + 15% of current life in damage.
Cooldown: 15 Seconds.

Shadow Plague
Gives 25% chance to reduce armor of nearby enemies by 10 and deal 150 damage to them.

Whether spells are enough balanced?

My entry

Well! I saw this last night, and immediately started working, so you can get a WIP now...

I'm a Makrura :D seashell creature, etc. Water spells + hard shell. I have ideas for the remaining spells. I have focused on getting very few triggers, and simply just using the object editor to make as good looking an entry as possible. The trigger editor is mainly going to help out sfx-style.

Question:

Hero 'name' - is it the unit name, or the randomized hero name strings?

- currently, it's randomized between 'Gamecrafter_DK' and 'The_Clam' which is the name I use for my maps, as creator and such... So I think it's link enough.

Attachments

• Hero contest entry.w3x
    26.6 KB · Views: 85
Well! I saw this last night, and immediately started working, so you can get a WIP now...

I'm a Makrura :D seashell creature, etc. Water spells + hard shell. I have ideas for the remaining spells. I have focused on getting very few triggers, and simply just using the object editor to make as good looking an entry as possible. The trigger editor is mainly going to help out sfx-style.

Question:

Hero 'name' - is it the unit name, or the randomized hero name strings?

- currently, it's randomized between 'Gamecrafter_DK' and 'The_Clam' which is the name I use for my maps, as creator and such... So I think it's link enough.

That ability looks awesome I have to tell you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.