• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #7 - Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Here is my final submission!
Only 2.5 hour work turned out to be something pretty good! :)
Ashe, the Marksman.png
The new addition to the Alliance: Ashe, the Marksman
Ranged agility hero (which the alliance otherwise lacks!) with focus on dealing damage. Her high damage is compensated by having few disabling abilitys and having a high mana cost on her ultimate ability. Made for organized battlefields rather than duels.

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• THW.HC7.Rufus.w3x
    153.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
As much as more entries is always "nice", I question why this is up for vote (or even debate).
Well, you've got a point; by my count I have 11 completed entries so far (though AngkySaputra needs to send me a proper Pastebin link rather than a straight download...); with mine and a few others, we got a solid dozen.

However, I feel it a bit duplicitous to offer a vote & then disregard the results. :<

I have tryed to dowload hive work shop but failed.
Pls help me the best method or the best link to download?
Thanks all!
What is this I don't even...

I think you accidentally the Internet.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Thanks all!

Finally! I will have a signature!! :thumbs_up: Thanks man

EDIT:
So,what happens to the extension? According to GMT time, the line should have been already dead.

Last edited:
Thanks all!

What? are you even talking about.. I'm sorry but please use more "logical grammar".

PS: It is already finished a deadline. However is it still worth the extension for couple of people? Kyrbi0, you should vote...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
EDIT:
So,what happens to the extension? According to GMT time, the line should have been already dead.

PS: It is already finished a deadline. However is it still worth the extension for couple of people? Kyrbi0, you should vote...
I'll be the first to admit that all that "GMT/UDT" nonsense is a bit confusing to me even still... But I click the link for "GMT" and it's only 4am on Wednesday, October 1st. So we have all the way until 11:59:59 (i.e. midnight) on the 1st of October.

The "deadline day" includes that day.

Now personally, I'd like to move the "deadline time" to be "GMT -6" (or "site time", as the bottom of the page tells me), since that's better for me. But still, plenty of time.

Level 5
By the way i have a problem why my custom heroes can made more than one for one player. Sry im new to this and dont know about techtree thing. How to make it like normal heroes?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Site time is your time in the settings.
Ahh!! I totally didn't know that; thanks! For some reason it was set to Central, when I'm Eastern. Now it's "right" (to my time).

It should be 23:59:59 to avoid confusion. Are we late?
Bah, military time vs. standard time... It's easy enough to differentiate. But perhaps.

And no. Like I said, 11:59:59pm/23:59:59 October 1st is the whole day of the 1st. We just started.

AngkySaputra said:
By the way i have a problem why my custom heroes can made more than one for one player. Sry im new to this and dont know about techtree thing. How to make it like normal heroes?
I wouldn't worry about that too much; in the end it's just the Hero we're worried about and how it thematically & mechanically fits in with the race (yeah you could argue something like this is 'mechanics' but I say there are more important things to worry about; only certain gameplay constants can be modified). Worry more about PMing me the Pastebin link.

Level 5
I wouldn't worry about that too much; in the end it's just the Hero we're worried about and how it thematically & mechanically fits in with the race (yeah you could argue something like this is 'mechanics' but I say there are more important things to worry about; only certain gameplay constants can be modified). Worry more about PMing me the Pastebin link.[/QUOTE]

Done its my final entry already sent

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Contest Update - EXTENSION

Attention. Due to the current informal majority rule, it has been determined that there will be an Extension. However, as we already have nearly 1 dozen entries, rather than the regular 'week' extension, the Contest will be extended 3 days, now ending on Saturday, October 4th, 2014 @ 11:59:59PM ~GMT~ (or '23:59:59' for those militarily-inclined). The first post has been updated to reflect this.

Those of you who asked for it; make the most of it! It will be the only extension you get! Those of you who have already finished; take this time to really polish up those entries to a fine sheen. Or just rest on your laurels. Either way. : )

That is all.

Level 4
Attention. Due to the current informal majority rule, it has been determined that there will be an Extension. However, as we already have nearly 1 dozen entries, rather than the regular 'week' extension, the Contest will be extended 3 days, now ending on Saturday, October 4th, 2014 @ 11:59:59PM ~GMT~ (or '23:59:59' for those militarily-inclined). The first post has been updated to reflect this.

Those of you who asked for it; make the most of it! It will be the only extension you get! Those of you who have already finished; take this time to really polish up those entries to a fine sheen. Or just rest on your laurels. Either way. : )

That is all.

Rofl. Didn't think to check the thread for developments like this; I just came back in to deposit my entry. :grin:

Well, I'll just stick it here as a WIP instead, for now. And maybe take the extension time to mess around with the second ability (and ultimate?).

Note I also haven't gotten around to externally compiling the vJass (for now) so the map may not open for editing without JNGP. This is unfortunate because JNGP contains a fairly obvious virus signature (I swear it's *not* malicious, but it must inject its code directly into the memory of another application, so it necessarily looks bad to every security system that isn't horribly flawed).

Attachments

• THW.HC7.Cosmicat.WIP.w3x
    159.8 KB · Views: 76

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
stay up all night like a boss
Oh, you too? :p

No problem, thought I don't quite understand in which form should I submit WIPs, I mean, like, synopsis or something? (losing my Hero Contest virginity lol)
Cokemonkey11's suggestion is fine... But for things like this, we find that a simple screenshot of your map is sufficient for a WIP, as well.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
=contest ended=

Alright! It looks our collective time is up, everyone. I have been very pleased by the turn-out & results... I have collated entries & so far, we're looking at 14 solid contestants in this running! I look forward to facing some of you in the field of battle. :p

That being said, I'll get to work (soon here) on a .Zip and a Poll. I'll be in contact; we're still looking for another judge or two. Please contact me or Pharaoh!

Thanks everyone!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Shouldn't this thread be locked up now? Also, when will the judging start?
Sure, except if it's Locked then I can't edit/copy/paste anything from it. :p

Also, Judging technically starts as soon as the Contest is over... But I think we still need a Judge or two. Generally it takes a great deal of time (at least as long as the Poll).

Also, Judging technically starts as soon as the Contest is over... But I think we still need a Judge or two. Generally it takes a great deal of time (at least as long as the Poll).

I could help you out with the judging if you need. Tough I am not sure on what happens to my entry. :)

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33

Do we really need another judge? I will write some on my sign if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.