• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

bee

Level 2
m-m-m...
1: can i use vJass?
2: can i use hero's themes - lightning for example or fire.?

Level 22
1. Of course.
2. You mean making lightning/fire/etc. spells?
Should be okay if you feel the hero you end up with represents you.

And please don't double post :D
Use the "Edit" button.

bee

bee

Level 2
k, sry, so... im in
Last question:
When I will complete a hero(map) where it to send?

Level 7
Contest questions

Hello
Could one of the judges answer please:

The following aren't very clear to me from what I've read:

1) Is any map preferred, that heroes should be submitted in ? Some Blizz melee map, an empty map ?..

2) Names: must my account name be the class name, or could it be the name of the hero? Reason for asking: which looks better to you: "Pwnzor the alext" or "alext the Pwnzor" ?

3) Where exactly should the submissions go? attached to this thread, pm to judges or what

4) Would it be a problem if the given hero would be used in my map project after this contest ends? The hero's not there yet, since he's not done, but I intend to include it later on.

5) Is map "protection" an issue ?

Cheers

Level 11
1) Usually, any map will do. If they wanted us to use a specific map, they'd post it in the initial thread.
2) Jeez, it's the same. alext the Pwnz0r sounds better
3) Attach your map to your final post
4) Noes?
5) Your map shouldn't be protected, so that the judges can look through your code and anything else they feel like.

1) Is any map preferred, that heroes should be submitted in ? Some Blizz melee map, an empty map ?..

Empty maps are fine as long as there are a few enemies you can kill. Something that adds more enemies or levels up/fully heals the hero automatically would be helpful too.

As for the rest, Kercyn's got it right.

Level 16
@xD.Schurke: I know - but i'm just so used to the editor, that creating nice heroes doesn't take all that long time. plus, i work the best, if i make it up as i go. I would deem it more than enterable, as how completed it is in my map folder.

don't overrate your knowledge ;), was just a tip so that you may stand a better chance in the end

Level 7
Judges' opinions preferred

Thanks for the feedback, does one of the judges approve of Kercyn 's opinions?

2) Names: must my account name be the class name, or could it be the name of the hero? Reason for asking: which looks better to you: "Pwnzor the alext" or "alext the Pwnzor" ?
3) Where exactly should the submissions go? attached to this thread, pm to judges or what
4) Would it be a problem if the given hero would be used in my map project after this contest ends? The hero's not there yet, since he's not done, but I intend to include it later on.
5) Is map "protection" an issue ?

1) Usually, any map will do. If they wanted us to use a specific map, they'd post it in the initial thread.
2) Jeez, it's the same. alext the Pwnz0r sounds better
3) Attach your map to your final post
4) Noes?
5) Your map shouldn't be protected, so that the judges can look through your code and anything else they feel like.

Ok, work-in-progress will sort things out for me anyway thanks

Level 11
I only have 2 spells on my mind that im going to do.

1 (Passive) Gives a percent chance to knockback attacking units|n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 5% chance that the attacking unit knockbacks.|n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 7% chance that the attacking unit knockbacks.|n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 10% chance that the attacking unit knockbacks.

Ultimate: When Chewii slams in the ground the ground will crush and all units in a x aoe will take dmg and they will be thrown up in the air and will be stunned for 3 seconds.

I will post the 2 other spells later.

My final Entry!

Well, despite having a mental discussion with myself about xD.schurke's reasonable, and smart point-outs, I've come to realise, that I'm going to get very tired of this project, and just end up never sending anything. So better send it off now, than never, i presume. I fixed all tooltips and such, made it look great etc. etc. But here it is! For the lazy tester, just take a look at the screenshots of the triggered spells, (sorry, wave-one got cut :/) That i sadly uploaded in JPEG, since TIF wasn't allowed. Hope you like what i've done!

~Gamecrafter_DK (A.K.A. The_Clam)

Attachments

• cleansescrshot.JPG
    cleansescrshot.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 989
  • Splashscrshot.JPG
    Splashscrshot.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 801
  • wavescrshot.JPG
    wavescrshot.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 638
  • Hero contest entry.w3x
    71.2 KB · Views: 277
Level 9
I am not sure that i'm in ! but here's my hero idea ...

... i hate making myself and i hate that my nick is incomplete (its actually MistAssassin) and i sound like the mist version of PedoBear ... T~T ... so if i join i have a request : ... may i use on the name of my hero the nick i actually wanted to have or the exact forum name ... or at least something like MistAssass(in) ...

Hero name : MistAssass(in) ... hopefully
Hero type : Engineer
Main Stat : Intelligence
Range : 500

Shifting Traps
The hero creates a mechanism that could be enchanted in 4 different ways Liquid Nitrogen Trap(deals small amount of damage and slows enemy units for few seconds in a small range(200Aoe)), Explosive Charge(deals great damage in a medium range(300AoE)), Toxic Trap(deals DoT to enemies in a medium range(350AoE)), Anti-magic Trap(burns mana from enemies in a big range(500AoE)).
Level 1 - Traps last 30 seconds, 20% slow lasts 3 sec 50 damage, 200 damage, 7 DoT for 10 seconds, 75 mana burn/unit.
Level 2 - Traps last 60 seconds, 30% slow lasts 3 sec 75 damage, 250 damage, 10 DoT for 10 seconds, 100 mana burn/unit.
Level 3 - Traps last 90 seconds, 40% slow lasts 3 sec 100 damage, 300 damage, 13 DoT for 10 seconds, 125 mana burn/unit.
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Manacost: 120

Stealth Technology
Adds a cloaking device to the trap making it invisible and resets expiration timer.
Level 1 - Manacost: 200, Cooldown: 35 Seconds.
Level 2 - Manacost: 150, Cooldown: 25 Seconds.
Level 3 - Manacost: 100, Cooldown: 15 Seconds.
NOTE: This skill can be casted only on traps, if the target trap is owned by a enemy player the trap effect will be disabled for a short period.

Get rich, Or die trying
Gives bonus gold on kills and if the hero dies he will detonate damaging the surrounding area dealing 150 damage.
Level 1 - +5 gold/kill and 200 Aoe.
Level 2 - +7 gold/kill and 250 Aoe.
Level 3 - +10 gold/kill and 300 Aoe.
Cooldown: N/A

Improve
Improves the basic traps into Advanced Traps : Advanced Liquid Nitrogen Trap(the trap slows attack speed too), Explosive Charge(after explosion burning oil will remain on the ground), Toxic Trap(adds 5 damage/sec), Anti-magic Trap(+75 mana burned/unit).
NOTE: Advanced traps have no expiration time.
Cooldown: 45
Manacost: N/A

Level 13

Hero name : MistAssass(in) ... hopefully
Hero type : Engineer
Main Stat : Intelligence
Range : 500

Shifting Traps
The hero creates a mechanism that could be enchanted in 4 different ways Liquid Nitrogen Trap(deals small amount of damage and slows enemy units for few seconds in a small range(200Aoe)), Explosive Charge(deals great damage in a medium range(300AoE)), Toxic Trap(deals DoT to enemies in a medium range(350AoE)), Anti-magic Trap(burns mana from enemies in a big range(500AoE)).
Level 1 - Traps last 30 seconds, 20% slow lasts 3 sec 50 damage, 200 damage, 7 DoT for 10 seconds, 75 mana burn/unit.
Level 2 - Traps last 60 seconds, 30% slow lasts 3 sec 75 damage, 250 damage, 10 DoT for 10 seconds, 100 mana burn/unit.
Level 3 - Traps last 90 seconds, 40% slow lasts 3 sec 100 damage, 300 damage, 13 DoT for 10 seconds, 125 mana burn/unit.
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Manacost: 120

Stealth Technology
Adds a cloaking device to the trap making it invisible and resets expiration timer.
Level 1 - Manacost: 200, Cooldown: 35 Seconds.
Level 2 - Manacost: 150, Cooldown: 25 Seconds.
Level 3 - Manacost: 100, Cooldown: 15 Seconds.
NOTE: This skill can be casted only on traps, if the target trap is owned by a enemy player the trap effect will be disabled for a short period.

Get rich, Or die trying
Gives bonus gold on kills and if the hero dies he will detonate damaging the surrounding area dealing 150 damage.
Level 1 - +5 gold/kill and 200 Aoe.
Level 2 - +7 gold/kill and 250 Aoe.
Level 3 - +10 gold/kill and 300 Aoe.
Cooldown: N/A

Improve
Improves the basic traps into Advanced Traps : Advanced Liquid Nitrogen Trap(the trap slows attack speed too), Explosive Charge(after explosion burning oil will remain on the ground), Toxic Trap(adds 5 damage/sec), Anti-magic Trap(+75 mana burned/unit).
NOTE: Advanced traps have no expiration time.
Cooldown: 45
Manacost: N/A

Your first and ultimate skills sound a helluva lot like the first and ultimate abilities on my hero. They're not exactly the same, but the concept is almost identical. Just saying.

Level 11
I have one new spell.

For every 100 damage dealt to Chewii he gains 10 damage which can stack up to 30/60/90 damage, but after 2/3 attacks given he loses 10 of the damage that he gained.

What about that huh :D i just need one more idea hmm..

Level 25
Your first and ultimate skills sound a helluva lot like the first and ultimate abilities on my hero. They're not exactly the same, but the concept is almost identical. Just saying.

Maybe because his ultimate skill is a passive which improves the 1st skill?

EDIT:

About the hero with the shock aura, you could just use 1 trigger and an equation:

Deal 5 + 5*GetSpellAbilityLevel() damage to ...

Level 18
A note on systems/scripts:
Please post the systems you are using before you start using them so that the judges can tell you if that system is allowed. There were some mishaps in the previous contest regarding this issue and we do not want this to happen again.

Thanks for that one! I nearly wanted to comment about the system description before I scrolled down to the bottom. :p

My World Editor got killed by a virus and I'm too busy with real life so I perhaps won't be able to join in this time, but good luck to all contestants! :D

Level 13
I have to get ideas. But guys what you think about this? Assassin throw an orb on targeted point and when orb reaches targeted point, assassin will be moved to position of orb, but that unit has ability to switch action of orb and it is able to create illusion on starting point or on targeted point, if is illusion on targeted point, your unit will stay at same position. Any coment?

Level 5
About the hero with the shock aura, you could just use 1 trigger and an equation:

Oh, didn't know I could do that. Thanks.

Level 11
Here's my first WIP. Only one spell completed so far (only a few details remaining). I'm working on Moonlight at the moment. Credits will be given, don't worry. Of course, even the 1st spell is incomplete; that's why it's a WIP :razz:
Names will change, descriptions will change, tooltips will change etc etc...

Attachments

• Spellpack.w3x
    321.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Level 13
I have to get ideas. But guys what you think about this? Assassin throw an orb on targeted point and when orb reaches targeted point, assassin will be moved to position of orb, but that unit has ability to switch action of orb and it is able to create illusion on starting point or on targeted point, if is illusion on targeted point, your unit will stay at same position. Any coment?
Anyone answer or give suggestion?
How will i post ability?- on a post or pm someone?

Level 11
I know my last spell guys!! But im not sure if i can do it tho :S i'll try it wish me luck lawl ^^

Name: Bloodrage

When you uses this spell Chewii will loose 1% of his hp but in return he will get 20% more attackspeed lasts 10 seconds. And you can click on it so many times you want! :) Then my char will be imba :p i mb should change from 20% attackspeed to 5 or 10 :p
Thanks for reading all my spells. If i can't do this spell then i will post another one :)

Regards Chewii

Level 5

Alright, I'm a noob. I can't find this trigger. Only "5+5". But not the rest. Or do I have to use a custom script?

Status
Not open for further replies.