• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #2 - HQ Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
as long as it dont look to weird it's fine in my opinion thought I'm a little confused about the melee balance thing, it shouldnt be for tooltips too? :p

That is exactly the thing...
If balancing is for melee shouldn't the tooltips be for melee too? Actually that would also force me to make a hero with multiple names.

Edit: Thanks tanks!

Attachments

• Contest.PNG
    Contest.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 124
Level 18
Count me in!

Does this meen we can use models off of the hive?

I guess so :p

Teams are not allowed; the entire hero must be made by a single user. However, you're able to use any resources publicly available in THW database. This excludes spells.

Does this mean we can not submit the spells in the spell section since any help from others is teaming of some sort?

Level 6
Well as i dont really understand JASS i look forward to the update :p Some ways to make it easer for me is pretty nice :)

Level 6
Now, I guess this doesn't matter, but safety first.
We need 1 ultimate and 1 passive, is it ok if that happens to be the same spell?
That is: A passive Ultimate

Level 16
Now, I guess this doesn't matter, but safety first.
We need 1 ultimate and 1 passive, is it ok if that happens to be the same spell?
That is: A passive Ultimate

# The hero must have 1 passive skill, and 1 ultimate skill. They also must only have one of each.

As far as i understand this, no. You need one ultimate, (no matter if it's passive or not)
And then another passive skill.

Level 18
# The hero must have 1 passive skill, and 1 ultimate skill. They also must only have one of each.

As far as i understand this, no. You need one ultimate, (no matter if it's passive or not)
And then another passive skill.

Actually I think that if the ultimate would be a passive he should have 3 useable other skills. I was wondering about this too, but since my ulti isn't a passive... :)

Progress is going very well :thumbs_up:

Level 18
Your hero can have only 1 passive and only 1 ultimate. I think that if your ultimate is a passive you will have to make the other skills active.

That is my idea...

Level 6
I PM'ed hvo-busterkomo; And he said it was ok to use a passive ulti, as long as the others are normal (Non passive)

Level 18
999 posts oh no...

Ok now serious :p
I already used a lot of time trying to create an awesome hero map for my hero and I suck at arranged team games D:

Testing balancing for my hero is going to be very difficult (trust me on this one ^^), since the spells are very abnormal.

Level 23

There's nothing about appearance (unfortunately) so I guess it doesn't matter if the hero's spell has little special effects (complete lack of special effects is unacceptable, jk)
Anyway, good luck to all

I guess it would fit alittle into orginality, no?

Testing balancing for my hero is going to be very difficult (trust me on this one ^^), since the spells are very abnormal.

Well try to compare them to standard spells already. We could say that the ones existing is "fairly" balanced. Just try to find something which is matching and set the effect data of each spell as balanced as possible.

And try to keep this thread on topic:p

Level 18
And try to keep this thread on topic:p

I didn't? D:

I was talking about checking balancing inside melee games by the way.
A lot of skills support players in the long run and that makes testing on Battle.Net difficult. I based numbers on other skills.

Does it matter if I preload my spells?

Level 23
Preloading units and abilities are always a suggestion to do since they affect the game with minor lag spikes the first time they are used.

The offtopic was meant for anyone. We don't want random talk here do we:p?

That looks alright Schurke. I have no idea what it does now tho;)

Level 13
Okay...

So is it allowed to download a random hero from the model section and use it here?
Or do you have to make your own model with 3DS Max 5 or something?
^ ^ ^
Same question for icons.

Level 9
What exactly does balanced with melee heroes meen... Does it meen that somone should be able to play a melee hero against your hero and have a fair chance? Seems a bit stupid to me but meh..

Level 23
Okay...

So is it allowed to download a random hero from the model section and use it here?
Or do you have to make your own model with 3DS Max 5 or something?
^ ^ ^
Same question for icons.

Feel free to use any imported material such as a dummy unit model and/or anything found in the resource sections except spells.
Reminder, do not forget to credit the author of all the imported materials

What exactly does balanced with melee heroes meen... Does it meen that somone should be able to play a melee hero against your hero and have a fair chance? Seems a bit stupid to me but meh..
Kind of yeah, thats what we judge in the aspect of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.