- Jan 1, 2006
Contestants must create a HD model that is related to an Undead theme; that is, not necessarily the Undead race from Warcraft, but any Undead entity e.g. humanoid, creature, entity, a combination of mech and dead flesh etc. The key element is that your entry pertain to the Undead theme i.e. reanimation, either by the powers of light, darkness or science.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it's yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must work in-game and be bug-free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Model entries are allowed as long as there is a certain amount of effort put into them, and must include a Dissipate animation and Hero Glow or Decay Flesh and Decay Bone animations.
- WoW ports or models that use external material must have working ORMs and normals, and should not account for more than 10% of the model (a weapon, a piece of armor, a distinctive small geoset...). Models that are heavily influenced by external assets should be avoided, and the judges are entitled to disqualify the model if they deem it necessary.
- In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the HD Model Resource section. Remember to write in the description: "Entry for the 3rd HD Modeling Contest".
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 750 experience points
- 2nd place: 600 experience points
- 3rd place: 450 experience points
- Entry: 150 experience points
- Judge: 25 experience points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.
|Mesh||How does the mesh look? How are the balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution? Do the shapes complement the model's theme?||/15|
|Skin||Does the model have custom diffuses, ORMs and/or Normals? How good is the wrap? Are the textures appealing, or do they look blurry/stretched from the default game camera and portrait? Do the tones go well together? Is there sufficient contrast? Do the Normals and ORMs create proper lighting for the model?||/15|
|Animations||Does the model have custom animations? How natural, smooth, and appropriate are the animations? Do they have character/personality? How well are they executed? Does the model have enough animations to function properly?||/15|
|How well does the model work in-game? Does it feature the necessary attachments, footprints, sounds, and collisions? Does it have a working FaceFX? Is it optimised for minimal disk usage? Does it have enough Team Colour?||/15|
|Theme||How well does the model follow the contest theme?||/15|
|Effects||Does the model make use of emmissives, effects, ribbons, or additional custom models (i.e. projectiles/spells)? How well are they implemented? Does the model make use of fresnel, visibility or other .mdl edits?||/5|
|Creativity||How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution? How distinct is the model from the original assets?||/20|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
The contest shall begin on 26 July 2022 and conclude on 10 September 2022 GMT (day is included).
(Last Updated 09-08-2022)
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Ghost Captain - Vincent Vanderdood Entry for the 3rd HD Modeling Contest This is my first time to participate Hive Contest, hope you will like my original character Vincent Vanderdood. Story: Vincent Vanderdood, once a proud captain of Kul'Tiras, he and his crew was planning to follow...
"Dread the Sea. Fear the Coast. For the Blood Cursed and the Undying rule these waves. The living does not belong in the shores nor in these waters, but who shalt ever dare will reap the cold grasp of death Or the eternal suffering of Undeath. Darkness and Woe is upon these blood soaked...
|WIP 1 | WIP 2 | WIP 3 | WIP 4|
|WIP 1 | WIP 2|
Assigned Staff: @Archian
Previous Contest | Poll | Results