• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nazgrim, knight of the Ebon Blade

Nazgrim, knight of the Ebon Blade
Entry for the
3rd HD Modeling Contest
3c750a9b-de3a-489b-87e2-6f5d62867522-png.404192

Lore :

In life, Nazgrim was one of the greatest generals of the Horde. In death, he is a powerful champion of the Ebon Blade.

Nazgrim was once one of the countless orcs held prisoner within the Alliance run internment camps, and subsequently freed by the Horde. By the War against the Lich King, Nazgrim had reached the rank of Sergeant, then, following the Northrend campaign, he received a promotion to Legionnaire and, eventually, to General to lead the campaign in Pandaria.
Upholding his oath to the Warchief, Nazgrim remained loyal to Garrosh Hellscream during the Darkspear Rebellion, and was killed during the Siege of Orgrimmar. During the Burning Legion's third invasion, agents of the Ebon Blade then returned Nazgrim to undeath as the first of the new Four Horsemen.

Note:
I imported and time-scalled the blade master's head and face animation to keep the facex, so the model and the portrait has talk animations.
Previews
Contents

Icons (Icon)

Nazgrim, knight of the Ebon Blade (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
I guess Attack 2 can suffice as Spell Slam, I'm having this APPROVED now
You probably don't even need to go through many hoops to make a facefx-supported portrait. As of 1.33, HD models no longer need a facefx node to have speech.
I had missed this information which is good news if it turns out to be correct. That said, I still think it was worth it because my method concerns the model in game too, not just the portrait

Level 35
Amazing work as always for another great orc character. I just think the attack animations need to change with the hand that does not hold the weapon. Maybe use the animations from grom's attacks.
Update: Any plans on making this big boy in his living General version?

Last edited: