• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #4: Naga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'd need an OK for making Neptulon, otherwise I'd pick another Naga (I already made the mindflayer and the naga lord, so I'm a bit lost in terms of what to make in this contest).
Well, you can always make three-tailed naga / U'unath or even some siege construct.

Upd.: another option - to revisit some SD models of old, like WarQueen by Tarrasque.

Last edited:
Level 34
It's not that much yet, but I'm done texturing the base model.
The rest of the armor and the magic effects are now scheduled for the next steps.
But the main thing is that I uploaded my first WIP picture. 😁
Naga - Felsinger (WIP 1).PNG

Level 34
Cough cough
I have a question:
Speaking of Naga... how much explicitness, i.e. nudity, is actually allowed?😅
I had an "aesthetic idea" for my demon worshiping one, to put it this way... which MAYBE is a bit daring:
Naga - Felsinger (WIP 2).PNG

I would censor it more by making it look like the others... what are those? Skin incrustations?
(Marked in red in the picture) on the body of the Naga.
But I want to ask first, not that I waste time on that and then you say: "Nope. There has to be clothing over it!"
😂

Cough cough
I have a question:
Speaking of Naga... how much explicitness, i.e. nudity, is actually allowed?😅
I had an "aesthetic idea" for my demon worshiping one, to put it this way... which MAYBE is a bit daring:
View attachment 426674
I would censor it more by making it look like the others... what are those? Skin incrustations?
(Marked in red in the picture) on the body of the Naga.
But I want to ask first, not that I waste time on that and then you say: "Nope. There has to be clothing over it!"
😂
Classic Naga Siren is naked so...

@Mr Ogre man @Symphoneum @Raddazong only 15 days left! Any updates guys?

Remember to post a link to your entry in this thread.
Dunno if I'll get to finish him, but I'm trying to make an Ancient of the Depths (either a Naga building, a Nelf building or a Ruins-themed creep)
1679446943712.png

I'm partly based on these fellas from Nazjatar, but I wanted to make it a bit more unique. The colour scheme will be sorta similar, though:
853852-bounty-a-few-coral-ancients-staghorn-reefwalker-this-mob-counts-toward-the-quest.jpg

Edit: latest version
1679455874215.png

Last edited:
Dunno if I'll get to finish him, but I'm trying to make an Ancient of the Depths (either a Naga building, a Nelf building or a Ruins-themed creep)
View attachment 428386
I'm partly based on these fellas from Nazjatar, but I wanted to make it a bit more unique. The colour scheme will be sorta similar, though:
853852-bounty-a-few-coral-ancients-staghorn-reefwalker-this-mob-counts-toward-the-quest.jpg

View attachment 428388
Love it so badly😍

View attachment 428386

View attachment 428388
I hoped for Neptulon 🤣😂😅😁

Level 34
It's going to be difficult for me, to be honest. 😅
But I don't want the deadline to be extended either.
It's a competition and if I don't manage to deliver the result in the allotted time, then I really don't want an exception on my part.
In my opinion, that would not be fair to those who could meet the time limit.
Oh yes: You could add the picture from this post
to the list as WIP 2.

I'm 99% done, just making last minute tweaks and then I'm off to the icon. Tbh, I think that having a deadline extension for Monday 27th (to have the weekend) or April would benefit those who haven't finished theirs yet, namely Radda and Symph. That way we're at least 6 competing for the awards.
If I didn't pass the exam I would have needed an extension too, so I'm all for helping others to finish theirs as well.

BTW, last WIP:
1679630694603.png

(yes, they are amphibious)

Last edited:
charioteerWIP0.5.gif

So far this is what I have. I have been unable to complete this within the allotted time and while I could attempt something at the last moment I doubt it would be done in time. Therefore, @Archian would it be possible to have a small extension to the time limit? I estimate I would be done in 1 week (I have another project that has been eating up all of my time but it should be done soon). If it is not possible to have an extension I unfortunately will need to back out of the contest. I would like to participate in upcoming contests but it was hard to make time for this one.

I do have all the animations for the shell and the murlocs done. The model is amphibious and will feature a platform on the back of the shell with another murloc guiding the chariot and attacking at range with spells. The two murlocs already in place will be pulling the chariot and have melee attacks. I have varied their animations so none of their stands are playing at the same time (don't want them to be too in sync). If I had enough time I would like to make a death animation where the murloc sorceror falls off the platform and dies while the other two run away and fade out. And maybe a second death doing the opposite (for a melee death vs a ranged death, don't know if that's possible). They do have drowning animations as well (I figure all three would die if engaged in naval combat). I'll probably try to finish this someday even if the contest does not get extended.

Last edited:
Finished:

@Symphoneum @Raddazong last chance guys. Are you in?
I'm working toward an 11:30 pm release window. Making a lot of progress! Also some funny things along the way. Here's a comical work in progress:

WalkWIPLOL.gif

Here's the fix:

WalkWIP2.gif

edit: I'm in Eastern Standard Time. Is that ok or do I need to shoot for a different time to be considered?

UPDATE: well I saved, closed, and went to my other computer and the driver got borked. everything got unparented except the root. Maybe skinsplice will fix it. All of my backups are borked too so I think RMS just had a glitch or something. The bones are still animated properly but now I'm sad. I will not make it to the deadline at this rate.

Update 2: The skinning is completely borked, everything is parented to the tongue for some reason. I'll have to manually redo the rigging. I tried to re-import the snare caster but RMS keeps making more errors so frankly I'm just not getting this done tonight. I will have to withdraw.

Final Update: I found the issue. The model has over 300 bones apparently. RMS (and maybe the game?) doesn't support more than ~250 bones on one model. So yeah, that's really unfortunate but it looks like this was doomed to fail from the start. EDIT: Apparently Retera thought of that and had released a new version of RMS. Back to work (I know the deadline has passed but I just want to get that model done lol).

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This contest is now over. Thanks to everyone for participating. The poll will be up ASAP.

@Barorque The poll will last 14 days. If you can have the review ready one week later, that would be great!

Notice, that this is the last contest where judges are involved. Future contests will be decided by the votes of a public poll.

@Symphoneum sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Thanks for participating, though. I hope to see your model in the resource section. It's a very neat concept and execution which many would enjoy using :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.