• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #7 - Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here is my submission.

logo-png.296730

1-jpg.296731
4-jpg.296732
7-jpg.296738
9-jpg.296739

Note 1: There is no historical event like the story of this map. The story is generated by me with some very minor historical references.
Note 2: The map is protected.
Length of the cinematic (including credits at the end): About 7 minutes and 30 seconds.

And sorry I'm really bad at voice acting! XD

SOUNDS/MUSICS

- Battle_Cry___Sound_Effect ----> Free Youtube Stuff

- At_the_Gates_of_Babylon ----> Antti_Martikainen - Faraway (remaster), by Antti Martikainen

- lightning cool ----> lightning sounds

- Fate music ----> From The Kingdom of the Winds album

- Black Rain music ----> From The Kingdom of the Winds album

- Do Not Give Up music ----> From The Kingdom of the Winds album

------------------------------ ------------------------------

MODELS/SKINS

Hiveworkshop:

- Palm, Statue, Rock, Pillar and Trash models ----> APproject and WoW

- Villager cavalier weaponless (Mike) model - HerrDave

- LOTR buildings ----> Fingolfin

- RPG villager model ----> Tenebrae

- Desert tile ----> GolluM_KoMe

- Cyclops model ----> Nagirya

- Birch tree models ----> Fingolfin

- Pond model ----> Solu9

- Robe man model ----> diosilva16

- Waterfall FX model ----> Ultimate Terraining Map

- Dummy model ----> Vexorian

- Tomb model ----> Mr. Bob

------------------------------ ------------------------------

LOADING SCREEN ARTWORK: Javier González from ArtStation

Attachments

• TToE-Protected.w3x
    22.6 MB · Views: 141
Level 21
@Chaosy Great idea for a cinematic! I quite enjoyed it. :) I must say, that seamless transition between scenes (with Jaina and Arthas) was brilliant (and yet so simple)! I will remember that trick. ;) What I personally would have wanted to see more of was custom music and sounds. I truly believe that great use of music can elevate any project, and when you follow a character arc like this, it would have been interesting to see how different scores could have guided the viewer through it. Maybe using sound effects to mark important transitions, like for instance: distant bells and the voice of Terenas to mark Arthas becoming a death knight? This is of course entirely subjective, and I really did enjoy the cinematic! :)

@PrinceYaser Also a wonderful use of the theme "time"! Great environmental details and use of colors. :) I really liked the idea of a narrator as well, although maybe his/your voice was a bit quiet compared to the music? Also, as great as the use of camera was (like framing the shot with leaves on each side), I personally would have liked to see a greater variation of camera angles. Maybe some close ups on the narrator, or maybe using a camera angle which shows off an awesome ceiling or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.