• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

full

General Information
General Information
This project was originally envisioned as a long cinematic series based around the novel "Beyond the Dark Portal" by Aaron Rosenberg and Christie Golden.
It was later revised to be a single campaign, as I felt no one would be willing to watch a 5 hour + cinematic series.
Finally, it was changed into the format of a 2 player coop campaign with all the maps connected by a save/load code system.
This was done because I felt it was sad that the map development forum on hive overemphasized single player campaigns to the detriment of multiplayer maps---
In my opinion, what made warcraft 3 great was being able to play with your friends, so hopefully this series will give you a chance to play a custom campaign with a buddy.
I understand it is difficult to find someone to play with and would be easier to play it solo, but please make an effort to find a partner to play this with.
I think players will enjoy this series far more if they can share the experience with another person.

Finally, I strongly recommend you read the information sections below to enhance your understanding of the game-play and to avoid people asking the same questions repeatedly.

(Old)Map Development Thread:
[Campaign] - Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

Mission Guide

This section will provide players with guide on beating missions on insane difficulty, as well as general information useful to all players for each mission Keep in mind that the general rule for casual players is RTS maps should be played on normal difficulty, while RPG maps can be beaten on insane difficulty.

Map03- RTS
This mission is special because it is of the difficulty I originally envisaged for the campaign, but this was wrong since it becomes too hard to beat for players who are not top-notch RTS players. If you are a casual player, you might want to consider easy mode, even though you can destroy bases before they even activate when playing easy mode.
Tips for insane: The mission relies on the interaction of the three optional quests. You must get the Thunderlords on your side first, since that only requires heroes with invisibility potions to run past enemy bases and kill a weak unit. Note, you can avoid fighting even the guards by buying double potions, which will shorten the quest time significantly.
After you have grey on your side, blue will focus him, so you have less pressure on your base. You should then rush the goblin quest. After that, you can decide whether to kill blue for an expansion, or finish the Arakkoa quest before green activates. The choice is yours, just make sure to not lose units against the Draenei or against the boars.

Map04-RPG
Recommended Difficulty for Casual- Insane
Insane mode tips: You need to learn Danath's passive, since it will make a huge difference in mission 11. Be careful when you are in the cave, and do not activate the destroyer until you know how to defeat him (he cannot be killed with physical or magical damage.

Map06-RPG
Insane mode tips: You need to learn Dentarg's mana drain and heal spell. Keep Teron away from range units due to his low HP.

Map08-RPG
Insane mode tips: You need to learn Katrana's lifesteal aura in order to defeat orange. Keep 1 level of windwalk incase you she gets focused Remember it is ok to sometimes fail main quests....

Map010-RTS
Recommended Difficulty for Casual- Normal
Insane mode tips: Liquid elemental is one of the most powerful spells when used correctly, so learn it. Make sure to take the expansion guarded by the bandits ASAP.

Map011-RTS/RPG
Insane mode tips: You must make sure green does not get out of control, or he will wipe you and grey out through mass numbers. You need to sacrifice one of the food providers eventually so that grey can help in the defence. You must buy orb of fire for Danath.

Map012-RTS
Insane mode tips: Use your spells in coordination to achieve victory.

Map013-RPG
Insane mode tips: Difficulty makes no difference in this mission, as this tests your intelligence.

Map014-RTS
Insane mode tips: You must choose to manually control light blue. Make sure to hunt creeps aggressively or pink/lb will run out of gold and your allies will fail fast.

Map015-RTS
Insane mode tips: Grom's Agile, when combined with Map03's lifesteal item + Map15's critical strike item makes him the most powerful hero physically in this campaign, though Danath comes very close. Aim the human heroes or your base will be lost against the massive spell power of Turalyon/Khadgar/Danath/Kurdran. This is the first mission that requires you to complete a puzzle in order to even play the mission.

Basics

Though the game is designed to be a 2 player coop series, it is designed to support single player, but you must make sure to play as the "core" team if playing single player. For the Old Horde, that is red, and for the Reforged Alliance, that is blue.

full

In addition to the game tying all written commands to the core player, it is also the only player that can gain resources, as well as the only player that can skip cinematics.

full

For playable missions, the core player has 5 seconds before the start of each cinematic to skip. For pure cinematic missions, the core player can skip the mission at any time (like the regular blizzard campaign).

The second player is designed to be a hero only faction. It is only given one hero, and in RTS missions it is given an invulnerable altar that revives the hero for free (though the revival time is doubled as compensation).

full

Hero Set List:
Core- Dentarg, Hero faction- Teron
Core- Turalyon, Hero faction- Khadgar
Core- Rexxar, Hero faction- Grom
Core- Tagar, Hero faction- Fenris
Core- Kurdran, Hero faction- Danath
Core- Katrana, Hero faction- Deathwing
Core- Krasus, Hero faction- Antonidas

full

You will note that the hero faction controls the far stronger hero, and can carry the team late game with just that hero alone. For this reason, if you are playing with a friend, it is advised that the person who cannot play RTS well be given the hero faction. However, the hero faction for most of the hero sets are considerably more fun to play, so if possible, try to allow both players to have a chance playing the hero faction for different hero set groups.

I also want to emphasise that players who do not use "vision cheats" will not be at a disadvantage when compared with people who do use "vision cheats". There is no anti cheating system in place, but I have designed the maps so that all the secrets are placed right in front of you--- it is up to you to figure how to use them. You will not miss anything by not revealing the whole map with vision cheats, and there are no secrets hidden in hard to access areas. Many of the heroes you will get have teleportation-type abilities that will allow you sometimes to go to places not designed to be traveled to--- I want to stress that doing this will only increase the chance of a problem occurring by you gaining access to a zone that you should not have gained access to yet. Just to repeat: There are no secrets to find by abusing blink-type abilities to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Everything is placed right in front of you--- just make sure to explore the map thoroughly and you will be fine. In particular, pay attention to circles of power.

full

full

Warcraft 3 Version

This map series is being made on 1.28, though it works on 1.29+ since I need to test it online. If you are using a version below 1.28, I cannot promise it will work. To repeat what I have said in the first comment in the comment section for this map: The reason I am uploading this now is because I need to know if this works for patch 1.27 and below. The only reason I am still making this on 1.28 is because I do not want to exclude players who do not have 1.29 (which causes incompatibility so people without 1.29 cannot play campaigns on 1.29 from what I understand).

I specifically need feedback from players below 1.28 on any potential crashes that occur when playing with 2 players (there are no crashes on 1.28 +). I cannot test it myself on 1.27 and below since I do not trust the "Patch switcher", and because I have no friends to play it with me on patches below 1.28. So please, if you are playing on 1.27 and below, play with a friend and let me know if any crashes occur. I am willing to spend time fixing any potential errors so players on 1.27 and below can play this map series, but I need to know sooner rather than later, because as more time passes, I become more reluctant to make any changes to the maps because they are all separate and it will take a lot of effort to make changes to each individual map.

If you are playing on a version below 1.28, keep in mind these two things:
A)You must have a "CustomMapData" folder in your warcraft 3 file. I think 1.27 (b) creates it automatically, but the previous versions do not. You will need to manually create it if you do not have one.
B)If you are playing with 2 players, you need to make sure the patch has the extended map size limit for multiplayer. The old limit (8 MB) for multiplayer will not allow you to play these maps since they are all bigger than 8 MB, so either play on 1.27 (b) (I think they introduced the extended multiplayer on that patch) or find a way to extend the maximum file limit for multiplayer.

full

Note that if you are using a version older than 1.28, the "CustomMapData" will obviously not be in your "my documents" folder, it will be in your normal warcraft 3 file.
Difficulty

For the RTS missions, insane mode is designed to be really tough, so I strongly caution against playing them on insane difficulty unless you are playing it with a friend + you feel very comfortable with base-building missions. The RPG style missions are far more relaxed, and can be beaten on insane difficulty with less effort. All the artifacts can only be acquired by beating the optional bosses on each map on insane difficulty.Artifacts can now be acquired on any difficulty.

full

The artifacts will not significantly affect your game-play, but if you wish to beat future missions on insane + beat the final boss on insane, it is expected that you have collected all the artifact items during the previous missions.

full

Additionally, beating the optional bosses/main bosses on insane will give you a "letter" that forms part of a code that will allow you to access the final 2 missions of the campaign series, so make sure to write down the "letter" you receive from each mission when playing on insane difficulty.

full

As I mention below in the "save/load system" section, you can use the load system to first beat a mission on easy/normal difficulty, then reload into insane so you can beat it easier.

Save/Load System

At the end of the mission, both players will receive a code that will be automatically saved into their "CustomMapData" folder in their warcraft 3 file.

full

You can then copy paste that code into the next mission with that hero set to load your hero's items and abilities.

full

The code is not associated with player names, so you can change which heroes you play any time.

It is also worth mentioning that the file that is created in your "CustomMapData" folder is the exact name of the mission you save. This means that it will overwrite any previous save file in your folder with the same name. This means that if you replay a mission, be aware that if you win and allow the game to save, any previous save files associated with that same mission will be deleted.

The save/load system also allows players who are unable to beat the mission on insane to gain the maximum level for the mission, and then reload with their saves on insane difficulty.

With regard to the heroes themselves, each mission will have a level cap for the heroes you are playing. Most hero sets have an average of 3 playable missions each, so most missions will allow cap you after 5-4 hero levels (the maximum hero level for all heroes is 14, with the exception of bonus level missions (deathwing/katrana, antonidas/krasus).

So for example, in the first playable mission (Grom/Rexxar), the level cap is level 5. Once your hero reach this level, you will be unable to gain experience. If you choose to reload your heroes into the same mission (for example if you can only beat a mission on easy mode but you want to beat it on insane difficulty for the artifact items), your heroes will gain experience for the first level, but upon leveling up they will be automatically sent back to the level cap and have experience turned off. So if you were to load level 5 grom/rexxar back into the first mission, you will be able to gain experience up to level six, but as soon as you reach level six you will be sent back to level 5 and have experience turned off.

It is important to note that this is not an attempt to control players---this is just to make sure players do not ruin the fun of the game by accidentally reaching level 14 on the first mission due to trying to reload on insane difficulty for the artifact items.

Once you reach the final mission for a hero set and attain level 14 (maximum level), you can of course reload into any previous mission without worrying about being sent back to the level cap for that mission, since the trigger is based on being able to level up.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that only artifacts + shop items can be saved. All other items will be automatically deleted during the save process, so as to prevent bugs from occurring if you load a save item back into a map when you should not have that item. From this, you can understand that all items acquired in individual maps that are not artifacts/shop items have a purpose in that specific map, so if you find you still have quest items in your inventory when saving, perhaps you should go back and explore the map and find the purpose of those items.

Visual Errors

Since I have been making these maps on 1.28, it is important to know that there will be some visual errors if you play it on 1.29+. It does not affect the game-play, but you will notice it, so I will list the issues you might encounter below so you do not report them as "bugs". These issues will not be changed as long as I am making the maps on 1.28. The first pictures show what 1.28 looks like (and in theory everything below 1.28) while the second pictures show what it looks like on 1.29+.

Stacked Floating Text
Any stacked floating text I made on 1.28 will appear as overlapping on 1.29+. This is most obvious during the introduction missions for the horde/alliance, and I am trying to reduce the amount I use in future missions due to this issue.

full

full

Extended Camera Revealing Unwanted Sights
The extended camera also reveals areas that I did not predict would be seen on the 1.28 camera. It might make some things look silly, but has no effect on anything else.

full

full

Appearing/Disappearing Doodads
Because some of the doodad I use have the wrong base, when making the maps on 1.28 I designed the cinematic scenes so it would not accidentally show the outside parts of such doodads and then move over them. But on 1.29, the camera extension does exactly this, so there will be many instances of doodads appearing/disappearing randomly.

full

full

Playable Characters

full
Teron Gorefiend: The central hero for the horde campaign along with Dentarg. An extremely cunning warlock who chose the path of the shadow, Teron was once one of Gul'dan's most promising pupils until his death at the hand's of Orgrim Doomhammer. Resurrected as a death-knight to counter the humans' mages during the second war, he chose to remain loyal to the horde despite Gul'dan's betrayal. Only Ner'zhul himself can rival Teron in power.

full
Dentarg: The mortal compass of the horde and the loyal apprentice of Ner'zhul. While many of the horde mock ogres for being incapable of intelligence and compassion, Dentarg lacks neither, and it is his pure spirit that puts him on a collision course with the seemingly maleficent Teron.

full
Grom Hellscream: The wild chieftain of the Warsong clan. Grom's resents having been forced to stay back on Draenor during the second war. His initial anger towards Ner'zhul for allowing Gul'dan to take over the horde dulls once he is given the chance to re-invade Azeroth.

full
Rexxar: Second-in-command of the Warsong clan, and Grom's most loyal captain. Rexxar answered the call of the horde despite his half-ogre heritage. He is the bond-mate of a beautiful black wolf called Haratha.

full
Fenris Wolfbrother: The leader of the Thunderlord clan and one of the main advocates of peace within the horde. Well respected even among the clans that count the Thunderlords as enemies, and able to bring reason and rationality to even the most chaotic of situations.

full
Tagar Spinebreaker: The protege of Hurkan Skullsplinter, and one of the most savage warriors of the Bonechewer clan. His barbaric nature is rivaled only by his disdain for those he considers weaker than himself.

full
Deathwing: The fallen dragon aspect who instills fear into the hearts of even the most courageous of heroes. His low-key presence in the world of mortals has many concerned that he may be planning something that may shake the very foundations of Azeroth...

full
Katrana Prestor: A slender, graceful woman who comes and goes in the circles of the elites of the various human kingdoms. Very little is known about her.

full
Khadgar: A powerful mage and the former apprentice of the last guardian Medivh. Thanks to his actions, his former master, who eventually succumbed to the nefarious essence of Sargeras that lurked with him, was finally put to rest. Even since he left Medivh's tower, however, he has been plagued by the dreams of the future he experienced while experimenting with Medivh's various potions of future seeing--- particularly those that concerning him marching under a red sky in a strange world...

full
Turalyon: The great paladin who took up Lothar's mantle and led the alliance to victory over the horde at the battle for Blackrock Spire. He struggles with his new role as the command of the alliance, as well as the coldness that has sprung up between him and his former lover, Alleria Windrunner.

full
Danath Trollbane: A seasoned veteran who has a low opinion of the contributions of the non-human races towards the alliance's cause. His inner prejudices become a focal point of conflict when he is assigned to a co-commanding role with the dwarven representative, Kurdran Wildhammer.

full
Kurdran Wildhammer: The leader of the fabled Wildhammer gyphon riders. After seeing the potential threat the horde posed to Azeroth when the orcs marched north through the Hinterlands, he convinced his clan to solidify their alliance with the humans and work with them to ensure the horde would never be able to create the level of havoc it caused during the second war.

full
Antonidas: The leader of the Kirin Tor and one of the wisest mages of Dalaran. He, along with Admiral Proudmoore, is one of the strongest supporters of King Terenas.

full
Krasus: One of the council of six of Dalaran, and an expert on dragons.

Screenshots

A full gallery of screenshot is available here:
Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p) | HIVE
They are listed chronologically, with the first starting on the last page. This gallery is also significant for players playing the maps on coop (with a friend) since if your computers are fast, you might not have time to read the description for each map since the loading screens will be automatically skipped when both players are finished loading. You can find all the map loading screens in the gallery above.

Below are a few random screenshots.

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Special Thanks

Special thanks goes to all the people who regularly answer questions in the world editor help section. What they do helps new map creators be able to realistically accomplish their goals despite inexperience with the world editor. I am really grateful for all the help/advice given.

I also want to thank thespoon for starting the first 2 player series based on the original warcraft 3 campaigns. I had so much fun playing those maps, and they made me appreciate how enjoyable playing a campaign with a friend can be.

Also special thanks to Kilmaat, whose Archion campaign provided hive workshop with a 2 player version of the blood elf campaign (which hive was sorely lacking) and for helping me with Aceheart's save/load system. Without his contribution, I would never have been able to understand the save system.

And many thanks to cleavinghammer for his very meticulous testing/bug reporting! I would never have been able to find the mistakes he found.

Changelog

Changelog for each individual map will be listed along with that map's loading screen description.

Individual Map Change logs

Map01

BDP01 Shattered Spirits.

Orc opening cinematic.

It has been months since the invasion of Azeroth began. Draenor, once a site of constant struggle between the various clans, has experienced unprecedented peace, with the vast majority of the Orcs having been conscripted into the Horde. That peace, however, is about to be
shattered...

v0.075-initial release.
v0.080-grammar fixes, loading screen updated, floating text changed to display in some places.
v0.081-"author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg.
v0.085- cinematics skip-able
v0.086- grammar errors
v0.090- rexxar removed sooner, reforged alliance changed to orc
v0.091- raised cliffs

Map02

BDP02 Tensions.

Human opening cinematic.

At the newly constructed Nethergarde Keep, the first project jointly funded by all the factions of the Alliance since the victory at Blackrock Spire, the leaders of the Kingdoms gather together...

v0.063-initial release.
v0.064-spelling mistake fixed, "author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg.
v0.068- cinematics skip-able
v0.069- grammar errors
v0.072- "complacency", "encouraging", stag cannot move, "...", final camera in nethergarde lowered

Map03

BDP03 Whispers of the Past.

Orc playable mission.

With the Dark Portal’s destruction, the Horde lost what had originally brought the Orcish tribes together: a common enemy. The cohesion that defined the united factions was no more, and the Orcs began slaughtering each other. The Warsong clan, once one of the greatest clans of Draenor, became a shadow of its former self since its chieftain, Grom Hellscream, refused to employ the dishonourable tactics that so many of the other clans began resorting to. The glory of the Warsong clan now exists only in the whispers between old Orcs reminiscing of the past, but what was once great can still be great again, and a meeting between Hellscream and Ner’zhul may just be the catalyst needed for the rebirth of a legend...

v0.145- initial release.
v0.148- fixed 1 grammar mistake, the robot pig model is fixed, the ending cinematics has been updated concerning Hurkan, the save system will now only rewrite over a save from the same mission (it will not rewrite saves from other missions)
v0.153- adjusted easy/normal difficulty, corrected the chapter number of the next mission to load grom+rex into, auto defeat added when red's buildings all die, small edits.

In my mind, v0.153 is as complete as this map will be, with the exception of the update that will allow cinematics to be skipped, which I will implement before i release the next map with this hero set (chapter fourteen)
v0.154- "author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg, fixed level cap.
v0.167- cinematics skip-able
v0.173- grammar errors
v0.176- selection cleared at start
v0.179- dentarg move further, "mourn", "of draenor", incompetent surveillance", "the Horde", thunderlord neutral to grom at start, base message from hero when attacks start, goldmine shows on minimap, tauren removed, "high demand, foolproof",
v0.183 - gnomish- goblin, save code system fixed.

Map04

BDP04 Fractured Alliance.

Human playable mission.

Under Turalyon’s instructions, the Alliance regiment proceeds to the site where the Dark Portal formerly stood under the direction of Danath Trollbane and Dwarven representative Kurdran Wildhammer. Trudging through the murky Swamps of Sorrow that guard their destination, the Alliance forces ignore the nubulous gloom that obscures the foul waters of the Swamp, and recall their warm beds back home. But the oppressive morass can send one’s soul to dark places, and as the warm beds the Alliance warriors think back to seem ever so distant, malevolent thoughts begin to creep into the minds of even the most benevolent of men...

v0.086- initial release.
v0.087- fixed the spelling error on the loading screen, made the final boss a tiny bit stronger.
v0.088- added a "Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg" line at the end, fixed level cap.
v0.089- fixed description and colour code on the artifacts
v0.109- cinematics skip-able
v0.110- selection cleared at start
v0.113- "nebulous", "Dalaran", starting fight zone more raised height + tile variety, "Hindrance", "encampment", troll personal name and hero name swapped, Jojo's home changed to troll hut, all "naga ships" changed to Toy Boats, gate open instead of break, "pitifully", "gryphon", "lieutenant", terrain bug at final ramp fixed,
v0.116- Tinker name fixed, a few more runes dropped early game, fixed saving code, artifacts/shop items raw code fix.

Map05

BDP05 Dark Clouds.

Orc cinematic.

Whispers. Soft susurrations, barely heard unless listened for. The flutter of a bird’s wings in flight, the sound of a leaf drifting toward the earth... these were louder than the whispers that teased at Ner’zhul’s ears. The voice---sycophantic, anxious for approval, eagerly answering questions and offering solutions---barely hid its vast contempt and lust for power. Ner’zhul mocked the voice for believing it could lull him into the same false sense of security as it had long ago in a distant age, not yet realizing that he was slowly succumbing to the same madness he had once fallen victim to...

v0.071-initial release.
v0.072- added a "Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg" line at the end, fixed transparency on Gul'dan for purple, changed footman to blue.
v0.074- cinematics skip-able
v0.076- Teron no longer invis at start, "fighter", "thrown into disarray", "one year ago", "on Draenor", "wrest", "the Dark Portal"

Map06

BDP06 Silent Edge.

Orc playable mission.

Clouds hung low over Stormwind, brushing the tips of the city’s many towers. A chill wind tugged at the guards’ cloaks as they huddled at their posts at the side entrance to the city. They shivered, but paid no real heed to the particularly cold breeze that wafted through the trees towards them. Forward it swirled, dancing between the rocks and ferns until it reached the guards. They began squinting as the shadows around them seemed to deepen, until a strong breeze sprang up, whisking the shadows away to reveal several figures in their stead. One of the guards inhaled to cry out an alarm as he drew his sword---he never got the chance, as one of the figures, who towered over his companions, brought down his magically charged fist, killing all three of the guards with one fel blow...

v0.069- initial release.
v0.074- cinematics skip-able
v0.075- selection cleared at start
v0.078- "news, Benson", "that city guards", "Shadowmoon Archmage", "learned", "are no strangers to me", hint to bring both items to the circle with the same hero, banshee sound added to love scene (great suggestion from Cleave), dog doesn't have blank text box, "shut your lying mouth(s)", "Manor", "Perenolde"
v0.079- Teron icon changed to fit map description, next chapter name corrected
v0.080- Save system fixed

Map07

BDP07 Where Memories Await.

Orc cinematic.

Three days later, both Teron Gorefiend’s group and Fenris’ group converged on Blackrock Spire. As the expedition scaled the treacherous landscape in hopes of reaching the top of the spire, Teron’s lips curled in wry memory. This region was where Ogrim Doomhammer had established one of the greatest orc fortresses in Azeroth and where Teron, along with the other Death Knights, had been introduced to the Horde by the Warchief as the key force that would enable the orcs to claim victory over the Alliance. Ironically, this area was also where Doomhammer had been defeated in single combat by Turalyon during the final battle of the Second War. Defeat and victory both had their ghosts here, and with that in mind, Teron marched towards the Blackhand Brothers’ fortress located at the peak of the mountains...

v0.044-initial release.
v0.046- cinematics skip-able
v0.048- "tarry", "became trapped", "just begun",

Map08

BDP08 Vile Peaks.

Orc playable mission.

Three hours later, the Dragon Aspect formerly known as the Earth-Warder gazed upon the volcano Blackrock Spire was named after. The monstrosity that was now Deathwing turned his head towards the Blackrock clan’s lair, his cruel red eyes shining with a frightening malevolence. Rivulets of lava and magma under the great wyrm’s scorched scales became visible as he shifted his colossal body to regard the newcomer approaching him. His daughter smiled as she caught his gaze, and together they turned their attention towards the orcs that would soon become the slaves that would help them build an empire that would shake the very foundations of Azeroth.

v0.098- initial release

Map09

BDP09 Solace from the Snow.

Orc cinematic.

The wind howled, piling up snow in drifts, blinding the night with silver dust. Hills and trees that were once easily visible on the horizon suddenly vanished, swallowed in white. Intricate patterns of ice floated downwards from the unblemished sky above, each flake fluttering almost happily, before a frigid wind carried them towards the ominous castle that protruded clumsily from the mountains...

v0.029-initial release
v0.030- selection cleared at start
v0.032- "given that"

Map10

BDR10 Indiscernible Truth

Orc playable mission.

Sabellian had set them down on a stretch of hilly land close to the harbour, separated from it by a small body of water. While there were no humans in sight, there were lights here and there. “Coat yourselves with mud”, Fenris instructed the other orcs. “We will need to move quickly, quietly, and without being seen.” As the group complied, Fenris felt a quick stab of wistful memory as he watched the faces of his companions turn brown. Once upon a time, his skin had also been deep brown in colour, as was the case for every orc on Draenor. Had things been so bad then? Had what they had gained since that time been worth losing their world and heritage for? Sometimes, Fenris wondered...

v0.065- initial release.
v0.071- save code system fixed, the humans' navy, "Bonechewer halfwit", "most powerful", "without restarting or without ragequitting", "diminishing", Nefarious Essence- enemy negative regeneration, Buckets have been renamed, "Earth Boost buff is still called Inner Fire" - fixed, "Squarepants".

Map11

BDP11 Beneath a Blue Sky.

Human playable mission.

Danath’s heart was thumping so hard he could barely hear Sky’ree’s wings flapping to his right. The thumping sound did not, however, hide the screams of his dying men that were scorched in his memory. He was so preoccupied with the horrific scenes playing repeatedly in his head that he almost ran into the vast stone wall that surrounded Nethergarde Keep. “Open the gates!” he shouted as loud as he could, holding his shield high before him so the guards could see the Alliance symbol emblazoned there. The men on the wall did not respond immediately, as their attention was focused primarily on the barbaric army right on Kurdran and Danath’s heels...

v0.049- initial release.
v0.052-"do you not see", "existence", fixed last line by authors on the skip cinematic cutting off half way, fixed saving code, artifacts/shop items raw code fix.
v0.053- equivalents for shop items fixed.

Map12

BDP12 Time of Judgment

Orc playable mission.

Fenris stared at the clearly old edifice through his crude telescope, confused. He had not been sure what to expect from the Tomb of Sargeras, but it was not this. What he had thought were carvings were in fact shells and bones and spines of various sea creatures, attached to the building’s outer walls from years of submersion. It was like seeing the bottom of a deep ocean, only raised up onto land and fashioned into a habitable structure. And the door to this odd building hung wide open...

v0.042- initial release

Map13

BDP13 The Undying Unearthed.

Human playable mission.

Antonidas felt a vein throb in his temple and rubbed it. The report he clutched in his hands detailing the manner in which orcs had suddenly appeared and stolen several Kul Tiras ships with the aid of black dragons was beyond disturbing. He let out a soft sigh, turning his attention to the mage standing before him. Antonidas suspected Krasus was keeping his delicate features deliberately bland in an attempt to defuse the tension that was brimming beneath the surface between the two men. If that was the case, it was not succeeding. But before Antonidas could begin lecturing Krasus on the seriousness of disappearing for a six month period without notification, a surge of dark energy erupted directly north of the Violet Citadel...

v0.038- initial release.
v0.040-revival time shortened to 2 seconds, Kel HP shown on leaderboard, Assessment 4 quest requirements shown, "clearly, stringent, energy to activate", puzzle 2 gates corrected to show a V, gates now move instantly after correct answer is typed,

Map14

BDP14 Into the Fray.

Human playable mission.

“They stole the Eye of Dalaran, Khadgar.” Even in the dream state he was using to communicate with Master Antonidas, Khadgar could not help but let out a soft squeak of surprise. He knew well what kind of a blow that was to Dalaran. “A handful of deathknights managed to get past our defences, take it, and escape on a black dragon we believe to be the former Earth-Warder, Deathwing.” Khadgar tried to hide his shock. This news did not bode well at all. While it was well known that the horde had enslaved the red dragonflight during the second war and forced it to fight against the alliance forces, this seeming alliance between the orcs and the black dragonflight seemed far more sinister, as there was no indication that the black dragons were aiding the horde against their will. Even worse, the behaviour of the orcs surrounding Nethergarde Keep was puzzling, as if they had some goal other than contending with the alliance for Azeroth...

v0.048- initial release.

Map15

BDP15 End of Days.

Orc playable mission.

A wave of surprise washed over Grom and Rexxar. Neither of them had seen the humans at their peak during the second war, as the Warsong clan has been ordered to stay in Draenor during the invasion to ensure social stability. Upon entering Azeroth, they had only faced off against isolated alliance factions that offered little resistance. The enemy that Rexxar and Grom faced now, however, was a different beast altogether. With the alliance forces all pushing as a single unit towards the dark portal, the Warsong clan was finally beginning to understand the fury of the alliance...

v0.062- initial release.

Map16

BDP06 Beyond the Dark Portal.
Orc cinematic.

Moments later, at the entrance of the valley leading to the Dark Portal...

v0.018-initial release

Map17

XXX

Credits

Credits for each individual map will be listed first, with the general races/heroes credits listed in a big blob at the end.

Individual Map Credits

Map01

frostwolf- Orcwarlockred, amigurumi- demonpillar, amigurumi- demonobelisk, amigurumi- demonbrazier, communist_orc- spikes(wood), proxy-deathknight, will the almighty- Ion Cannon, Marcelo hossomi- barbarian skills, communist_orc- wall(wood), dark hunter 1357- Orc archway, forgotten_warlord- goblin tent, athur12A2- paper lanterns, dark hunter 1357- orcogrimmarbigfire, kwaliti- Orc wall banner

Map02

Cloudwolf- Galen Trollbane, Stefan.K- Human Captain, Tranquil- Wall set, Mike- Fountain, Imforfun- Garden fence, Imforfun- Garden Woven Wall, Direfury- Human hero, Tranquil- King, JesusHipster- Leaves weather effect, Tranquil- Castle stairs, Tranquiil- Stained Glass windows, Tranquil- Rays, Tranquil- Carpet01

Map03

General Frank- Fel Orc Warlord, Cuore- Robo-pig, Sephiroth_VII- GiantSandworm

Map04

Callahan- AngryTrunk, Calahan- Thorny Creeper, Callahan- Venolia, Callahan- pyrolia, Callahan- Fungovor, Deep Sea Kraken- Tree Golem, Peekay- Nature Mastery, JollyD- Nature Amulet, Rondo- Guillotine, FreddyK- Toad Rider

Map05

kellym0- animated cattail, Kellym0- animated flower, mc !- arcane tome, massivemaster- castle, pvt.toma- gnome castle, kellym0- puddleofwateritem, thrikodius- moon, andrewoverload519- naga nazjatar gate, general frank- orb of lightning, forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks 2, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks (3?), takakenji- orcish wall, rondo- pechkessel1, mike- rack(torture), sin'dorei300- ruinedcarvedwall, grey knight- staff item, illidan(evil)x- stormy castle citadel, wandering Soul- villagetowncity, teaspoon- wooden barricade, kwaliti- dark portal, em!- minicity, freddyk- orcveeteran, proxy- heroorc_marauder

Map06

Tranquil- drawbridge, kuhneghetz- fall in love buff, alethos- old witch, cavman- crocs green and blue, herrdave- bishop hero, kitabatake- darkstar

Map07

Credits: Direfury- Orc Blademaster, Direfury- Blademaster, kellym0- Lavaslagv46, ikillforeyou- nightsky box, hayate- lava pit, happytauren- lava, kellym0- lava bridge, thrikodius- moon,

Map08

Direfury- Orc Blademaster, Direfury- Blademaster, kuhneghetz- weredragonred, Mr.bob- Metal Mine, Fuzzyfury- Dwarven Mining Cart, Tranquil- Hero Geomancer, Thrikodius- fire elemental hound, mc !- Rock Golem, happytauren- lava, icewolf055- firetemple keeper, paulH- Dark Iron Clansman, Sellenisko- Twilight Ascendant, sephiroth_vII- Doombeast, blacksebastian- railway_long, Ujimasa hojo- chaos warlord derivatives, General Frank- Demonish Bulwark, MasterHaosis-Chaos spirit gateway, Masterhaosis- demonic crystal generator, Masterhaosis- chaos vault,

Map09

Deolrin- Christmas snow globe, Illidan(evil)X- Storm Castle Citadel, darkdeathknight- bearrug_ddk, radagast- castlefloor, xorkatoss- castle wall, sin'dorei300- Pandarenpainting, Horn- Ice bolt, kuhneghetz- royal crown, Ket- inquisitor, Thrikodius- Frosty Snowman, Cloudwolf- Galen Trollbane, Tranquil- King, Direfury- Human Hero, Tranquil- Stained Glass Window, Tauer- Orgrim Doomhammer, Proxy- deathknight, Mc!- Arcane Tome,

Map10

Happycockroach- Otter, Deolrin- Buckets with and without water, Grimshaman- Lighthouse, Wherewolftherewolf- Large bubbles, Uncle Fester- Sunken Ship with Treasure, Uncle Fester- Murray in rock-cave, olofmoleman- dunkleosteus, Mosasaurus- olofmoleman, Blood Raven- Dojo Doodads, ILH- Wood Wall, Ujimasa Hojo- Arthas Menethil and Derivatives, Ujimasa Hojo- Paladin and Derivatives, Ujimasa Hojo- Beastmaster Derivatives, D.O.G.- patrick starfish, olofmoleman- spongebob squarepants, kellym0- puddle of water

Map11

Cavman- Worgen Footy, kuhneghetz- dire balverine, kuhneghetz- white balverine, -Grendel- Fur Warlord, Cavman- Suited Worgen, Cavman- Worgen Peasant, Sellensiko- Worgen Deathknight, Sellensiko- Adelas Deathclaw, Deolrin- Blood Elven Arcane Huntress, Ujimasa Hojo- Hydromancer, Ujimasa Hojo- Warlock(Highborne)

Map12

Happycockroach- Zangarmarsh Brewers, jesusHipster- Pandaren Brewmaster's Rolling Keg, Jesushipster- Cannonball, Hayate- poop, Mechanical Man- Cannonnaval, Cavman- Kul'Tiras Sailor, CeatorD3292-GiantSeaturtle , Tarrasque- Nagaenchantress, dickxunder- Prime Matron, 4eNNightmare, Happycockroach- Herald of the Deep Mother,

Map13

General Frank - Orb of lightning

Map14

Kuhneghetz- pikachu, Forgotten_Warlord- squirtle by forgotten_warlord, Happycockroach- bulbasaur, Happycockroach- Charmander, Exyte- Pokemart, D.O.G- beach ball, Black_Stan- Ninja, Fly Guy- Thrikodius, Onix- Zerox, Serpent- kehel, Happycockroach- Otter, Happycockroach- Shame Naked, Lady Butterfly- Black_Stan, Goku SS4- Zerox, Teleport- nhocklanhox6, storm_hih - mad scientist,

Map15

general frank- orb of lightning, forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks 2, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks (3?), takakenji- orcish wall, rondo- pechkessel1, mike- rack(torture), sin'dorei300- ruinedcarvedwall, grey knight- staff item, illidan(evil)x- stormy castle citadel, wandering Soul- villagetowncity

Map16

Will the Almighty- Nuclearexplosion, Tranquil- Generator Magic Orb, Lord Razor- Unit Inside Jump Outside, Kwaliti- Dark Portal, Proxy- Deathknight, Ujimasa Hojo- Alleria Windrunner, storm_hih - mad scientist,

Map17

XXX

Giant Blob of General Credits

Edit1---This list is going through huge revision. I have all the credits here and will put them up ASAP.

NFWar, -Berz-, Apheraz Lucent, Bogrim, CloudWolf, Mr.Goblin, CRAZYRUSSIAN, UgoUgo, Riot Games, Dmazzz, Blizzard Entertainment, Mad, BLazeKraze, ~Nightmare, Darkfang Frankster, CloudWolf, Buster, Tickles, Ardenian, geries, Forgotten_Warlord, Tranquil, Champara Bros, Blizzard Entertainment, -Grendel, GreeN!X, Apathetic, Domokun, Direfury, Callahan, JetFangInferno, Mc_!, sc_freek, chilla_killa, JesusHipster, Callahan, Tauer, Proxy, FerSZ, Tarrasque, Misha, Hayate CloudWolf, Red Shift, ~Nightmare Vunjo, Aradar, Juliano, -Berz-, Maker, defskull, ALiEN95, Dangerb0y, CoLd Bon3 defskull, xXSoraXx, baassee, bluebay, Marsal Vunjo, Aradar, Raven0, TriggerHappy, Tr!KzZ, Kiamati, MrStormyZ, GnuGeist, JaysProjex, PurgeandFire, Kitabatake, Fan, Callahan, General Frank, Pyramidhe@d, Blargel, ike_ike, PrMosquito, unknownczar, Elenai, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, JetFangInferno, Daelin, Nasrudin, RightField, Chriz., jigrael, sNasrudin, RightFiel, Dan van Ohllus, Norinrad, Xm0rpH3usXx, Trollschnitzel, eubz, TwoVenomous, Anvil, mucfuc2002, Sven, Nasrudin, jigrael, xXMephistoXx, Whitehorn, Rondo, DampirTBs., vdvMax, Alibek, DampirTBs., Nyuu, WizkaZ, Totoro, ANDREW II, CheGeWarA., DampirTBs., B100D E1F., KENI., ReplikanT., Gotik., IceK., Illidan(Evil)X, Thrikodius, Syroco, Sephiex, olofmoleman, Revilo, alreadyused, Heptameron, alfredx_sotn, Elunes-Guardian, !!GORO!!, Tykkimies, Mc !, Ket, DeathBringer, Nanaki, El Mognefico, Comrade Dron, Wolverine., Black_Stan, KO3bMA, WizkaZ, KO3bMA, DrakMoon, franck007, pro100_ShureG, Splash_777, chilla_killa, -=Emergenzy=-, tobyfat50, RetroSexual, Derdan, darkdeathknight, Kitabatake, GooS, ragingspeedhorn, CRAZYRUSSIAN, The_Silent, Skrik, NFWar, Darkfang, Bogrim, KelThuzad, Hellx-Magnus, CloudWolf, Tr!KzZ, 67chrome, Yak, PeeKay, Anachron, Infinitynexus, NFWar, ~Void~, Army-of-Pandas, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Captain_Rufar, JollyD, Zombie, Sin'dorei300

Contents

Beyond the Dark Portal 01 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 02 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 03 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 04 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 05 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 06 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 07 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 08 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 09 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 10 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 11 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 12 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 13 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 14 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 15 (Map)

Beyond the Dark Portal 16 (Map)

Custom Race (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
Set to Substandard on Author's Request. @tulee feel free to request for a re-moderation once it's ready :)
Daffa
I set this to Pending, but don't expect a full moderation until the remaining chapter is filled in.
deepstrasz
[/spoiler] Try not to break immersion. If you connect various universes, do it in a sly and logical manner. Decide whether the story is supposed to be a parody or be serious with humorous moments otherwise it doesn't make sense, it becomes confusing...
Level 2
Some maps are cinematic ones. The pass is important for stuff. Read the thread description and what the author has written. I haven't played it yet so I can't tell you exactly what the passwords do more than they save heroes for the maps to follow.
Are you saying that the models didn't show in the cinematic map? Did you start the first map (level), or did you start a random one? If you indeed started the first map of the campaign, and you have such a problem, it might be a patch issue or something else. What patch version do you play on?
i don't see anything except words in black screen only nothing more . yea i started from the first one also i didn't played first only after the third one i commented here all were same

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
all same my friend text only and what the character say nothing more like photo or model black screen only
i don't know even if it has sound or not
I only get that at the end of the cinematic scene. Before that there is some text and then visible stuff, like terrain and whatnot.
Have you set your graphic options to highest?
Tried on 1.29.2 and 1.30.3 PTR. Seems to work fine.

Level 2
I only get that at the end of the cinematic scene. Before that there is some text and then visible stuff, like terrain and whatnot.
Have you set your graphic options to highest?
Tried on 1.29.2 and 1.30.3 PTR. Seems to work fine.
can you show me in screen shots how you did it may be you did something i didn't do it

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
first i used esc then i thought it is the problem then now i play it waiting in patient but same result end without playing or seeing model black screen
I am sorry. You are selectively replying to what I ask you. Helping partially will not solve the problem.

EDIT: OK checked your messages. So, you've tried it on 1.30.3. Do you have this problem on other campaigns/maps?

Level 2
The Frozen Throne campaign works properly?
Try more maps from this custom campaign and see what happens.
i have over 10 campaigns now all works prefect even after i moved them from old version to the new one old and new one but this one all cracked

edit2 : i run them only one showed one model 5 one

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
well i was talking about other custom campaigns not this one all of it cracked except 5 one model showed
They seem to be working fine for me on 1.30.3 PTR. Did you set your video options to high? Go to Options->Video Settings and choose High for all video settings. I know some maps crash if you don't have the settings to high because they use some particles/models requiring these settings.

Level 2
They seem to be working fine for me on 1.30.3 PTR. Did you set your video options to high? Go to Options->Video Settings and choose High for all video settings. I know some maps crash if you don't have the settings to high because they use some particles/models requiring these settings.
ok i will try it

Level 2
well it works but now i should ask is the first one only cinematic or more as i saw only models and talking nothing more not black this time
edit 1 : at least we are progressing now

Level 2
The code is given once you complete a map (used in the next map that features those heroes), and is saved in a .txt file in the Custom Map Data folder.

If it's your first playthrough you probably typed -new and then -[difficulty]. Be warned: the first map's intro cutscene is kinda long.
yea , ok . I will work on it now

Level 2
The code is given once you complete a map (used in the next map that features those heroes), and is saved in a .txt file in the Custom Map Data folder.

If it's your first playthrough you probably typed -new and then -[difficulty]. Be warned: the first map's intro cutscene is kinda long.
i don't know where **** is this code where can i find it
edit well i managed to deal it

Last edited:
Level 28
Puzzle level: No clue what's going on anymore. Didn't make any progress on this one.
Portal item still uses the Ancestral Staff description (and doesn't explain what it does).
Some units (pig, priestess) can be moved via portal, others can't, with no explanation as to why.
Puzzle Master's sentence makes no grammatical sense, tavage and navage are not words.
Tree's comment doesn't trigger when on the circle but when standing next to him. Also, prosent -> present.
Can't portal to the walled circle: if visible, the walls get in the way (and it can't target debris), if in fog of war, can't target invulnerable.
Why does the torch die after talking to him?

Last cutscene:

Every doodad on the sides of the battlefield (and possibly some others) was a purple-and-black cube. I thought they were trees, but later one hero is standing inside one.
Portal should be bigger.
Do the carts not have a filled model?
The flying knights turn back during the battle.
... Look, there's a time and place for meta-humor, and dramatic moments are neither.
Several moments have the characters waiting without speaking.

Last edited:
Level 23
i don't know where **** is this code where can i find it
edit well i managed to deal it
I just read what you wrote. Most of the information you were asking for is available on the map description, and the rest is available in game (the prompts for typing -new/-load, difficulty, etc. If they do not appear for long enough for you to read, let me know and I might be able to fix them, though I think they stay on screen for 15 seconds, and its not many words.

I might add "how to download map and put into map folder, not custom folder" to my map description later, if there is too much confusion about that.
... Look, there's a time and place for meta-humor, and dramatic moments are neither.
Well, if there is a peon, then there is a way.. to build huge armies. Also, Pokemon cards are serious business, especially when your parents don't let you play with them.

Every doodad on the sides of the battlefield (and possibly some others) was a purple-and-black cube. I thought they were trees, but later one hero is standing inside one.
I just read that you had that issue with map 14 also. I guess I need to wait for more people to play it, since I am not sure how to deal with that kind of issue. It works fine for me, and since its made on 1.28 it is probably not an issue being caused by any recent patch.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I just read that you had that issue with map 14 also. I guess I need to wait for more people to play it, since I am not sure how to deal with that kind of issue. It works fine for me, and since its made on 1.28 it is probably not an issue being caused by any recent patch.
If you've used custom content, it might be the models/skins you've used. Try replacing them and see what happens.

Level 23
If you've used custom content, it might be the models/skins you've used. Try replacing them and see what happens.
If that were the case, then other people would have the issue also. I don't see why my friend and I wouldn't see these bug when we test it. In terms of possible custom content affecting the maps, all of the maps, except the 1, 2, 3 , 5 and 7, share the exact same models/skins, with the exception of ones that are specific to each map. Map 14 and 16 do not have any same specific ones. Of course, it could still be due to models/skins, but I have ridiculous amount of imports for each map (shared ones), and it would be hard to find out what exactly is causing this.

Also, the ones mentioned by cleavinghammer were normal warcraft trees in map 14.

Edit1: Can I ask what I need to do to get the first 16 maps approved? Everything is there, except the map12 boss fight activated, and I give players a code that will allow them to instantly go to lvl 14 and go straight to boss fight when I upload the version with voice acting, so playing it is not a waste. I am drowning under a tide of 1 star reviews :/

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Edit1: Can I ask what I need to do to get the first 16 maps approved? Everything is there, except the map12 boss fight activated, and I give players a code that will allow them to instantly go to lvl 14 and go straight to boss fight when I upload the version with voice acting, so playing it is not a waste. I am drowning under a tide of 1 star reviews :/
Alright, I'll be playing it starting from Monday onward sometime.

Level 23
... Antonidas has a peasant voice.
I dunno about Kirin Tor Ruler, doesn't he have a more appropriate title? Even Archmage would do.
Revival should be instantaneous.
Undead ogres are too small.
Dragon Overseer (should be Dragonspawn Overseer) has mana but no spells.
Kel'thuzad's current and total health should be in a scoreboard.
Golems:
* Golems should be present as corpses in the hub room.
* Snow Golem needs a model that does, in fact, look to be made of snow.
* Water Golem is on fire.
* If they're fighting undead, the ultimate golem should not be a proto-Abomination.
* Only one type of golem seems to spawn at a time.
* Golems should spawn near Kel'Thuzad as well.
I think assessment should be replaced with test.
Test 4 log shows no examples.

Intro cutscene:
without a doubt -> doubtless
stringest -> stringent
energy the activate -> energy to activate
Camera pans over empty terrain a lot.
Maybe use undead instead of undying (which is more "alive but won't die").

Test 1:
Timestop spell takes too long to be useful, I managed to run Krasus to the boss without needing to use it. Even Antonidas doesn't try to cast it in the end scene. Also, a puzzle based on a random event triggering isn't very good.

Test 2:
... Seriously? After Rexxar murdering a sick orc, we're moving on to killing dwarves while the place is attacked by undead? They couldn't just kill a deer or something and wait in ambush? How is this even a test in the first place?
Wendigos aren't instakilled by the fire spell.

Test 3:
... Boats? The city is besieged by undead and you're fighting evil boats?
Used Antonidas' spell to go to a lower level, which killed both heroes without warning. Lower level should be water.
The unit positioning is completely random, one time it worked while Krasus was off to the side.
Spell range should be longer (should be at least center-lane-to-center-lane); Antonidas keeps moving out of his position because it's too far away for the spell to work with Krasus in front of him. And maybe disable Krasus' attack for this level or give it longer range, he keeps trying to attack the boats.
Boats can be moved with the spell. Including the boss, who somehow ended on the bottom level while Antonidas was on top. I had to bring Krasus back and whosyourdaddy the ship to death because the fire trail didn't kill him the first time. And there really needs to be a way to regenerate health before the boss.
Antonidas' mana regen needs to be much higher, it's entirely possible to run dry moving just him through the area.

Test 4: Puzzle Master:
Camera should snap to the gates once you answer, and the demonstration kick in faster.
1: ... That was a horrible answer and you should be ashamed of yourself. Graaaah.
2: Gates should be closer together, that looks like a sloppy III (\ / I and not \/I).
3: Clever.
4: Good, though it'd be nice to have it fit on a smaller screen/move the camera higher so ou can see the whole thing at once.

Krasus should not have such crappy combat stats once the puzzle part is over.
So what's Antonidas' player supposed to do now?
Give golems a ranged spell or something, because once the spawns are finished there's nothing to do but wait for the boss to inevitably collapse, it might as well go faster.

End cutscene:
Both start moving before the scream is heard (and maybe use a shorter scream).
"realization - dawned on him." -> "realization dawned on him that [...] safe."
Deathwing should not make a mechanical loading sound.
You really need to put narrative text as said by "Narrator", or even no speaker, it breaks immersion to see the author's names.

Plotwise, this one could use a rewrite (even Antonidas recognizes how ridiculous it is).
* Why don't they have the authority to go past the traps?
* The "manipulate energy" thing is a very weak justification at best, especially as it doesn't even show up afterwards.
* The enemies could be replaced with elementals or towers which would work just as well without the weird-ass implications (does Ironforge have a contract with Dalaran where they agree to send some of their own people to be murdered by wizards? Do they send teams of explorers to capture wendigos alive just so they can be killed later? Are murlocs hired to haul ghost ships back to the surface so their tormented souls can be used to test students of magic?).
I thought the peasant voice was funny.
I think I reduced revival times.
Things like the dragon summon having mana is a throwback to my earlier designs for units, which I ended up removing spells for (the gryphon knight also has mana since his spell should have needed mana also, but I don't end up changing these things because I copy paste ai to save time, which means it uses original objet editor data, and having maps with AI using data that is different from what data the current map has causes crashes.
Kel's hp was added to a leaderboard.
Models for golems are not satisfactory, especially the undead ultimate one you mentioned, but I am normally not willing to use custom models if I have the choice.
Fixed all grammar mistakes you mentioned.
Originally first assessment was very hard and needed good use of time stop, but I didn't want to disadvantage people playing it solo, so it was made easier, and you can technically run through it if Anton tanks.
Wendigoes I think can be instant killed if you click directly on the centre of the unit, but even if they can't Krasus can melee attack.
There are some issues with assessment 3, especially being able to blink enemies with you, but I thought the idea was a lot of fun so I kept it. With 2 people, it is quite fun trying to position yourselves.
Gates now instantly moved in assessment 4 when you answer correctly, though I don't move the camera because it could cause conflict with another trigger.
Corrected the sloppy VI.
Anton just watches when his part is done. Watching hundreds of golems swarm the undead is gripping.
I love the zeppelin load sound too much to remove.
I must use the authors' real names, since it is important to me that people remember their names (if I added them just to the credits, people would play this campaign and never know the authors' names).
Story was not excellent for this chapter, but it is a bonus one, and supposed to be funny. The code itself to unlock the chapter is a reference to how this is the only time Anton fights a DK in Dalaran and lives.

Problem with the hero codes for map 12: The hero levels load, but instead of the artifacts from the previous level I get the quest items for this level (laxative and murloc gifts).

Map 12:
Intro cutscene: thunderlord -> Thunderlord

Pirate quest:
Jack Sparrow -> Captain Jack Sparrow. Come on.
"to of" -> "to be of"

Murloc quest:
SelFish's corpse should be permanent.
How does a potion cause demonic possession?

Ending cutscene: unnecessarily -> unnecessary
Will fix all grammar stuff.
Will make corpse permanent.
Potion doesn't cause possession, he makes you collect ingredients for a concoction that he then uses to murder his neighbour because he wants the house.

The code problem is my fault, because I did not activate the boss fight (waiting for friend to voice act), I left the load disabled. When I upload the boss fight included version, you can load the items correctly, then type in the code I gave you at the end of current map 12 to instant lvl to 14, and then go straight to boss fight (you don't get any items from 12, so you won't miss anything).

General: Khadgar's Star spell should really be aimed, a ranged caster has no business being in melee range of enemies.

Map 13: Had a bug where tree models show up as purple and black cubes, making lumber collection impossible.

surveilance -> surveillance
acertain -> ascertain
a regiment of warriors and myself

The Alliance of Necessity quest is available from the very start.

Extended Hallucinatory Sequence: ...
I have to agree with the above. Meta humor works sometimes, but, well, this isn't one of them (also, Mew?).

Observatory cutscene:
The scene where Khadgar sees the bandit village should have a few orcs attacking inside it.
surviviors -> survivors
After the cutscene, remaining creeps belong to the bandits.

Fleeing cutscene:
prostate -> prostrate

Quirkbells doesn't appear at all in the final cutscene.

Overall this one is completely imbalanced. The first part is of the "throw ever more units at you" variety, the second puts you on the too-many-units side and so there's no difficulty.
Star is melee because I wanted player 2 to be more active with his/her hero. Khadgar should be a counter to Teron (who also requires a full player to play because his spells can be so good if you just focus on the hero (same with all 2nd player heroes like Fenris, ect.).

Looking into the cube bug, it is hard to fix that one since I never see it, but hopefully others who play it will be able to share their experiences.
Will fix all grammar errors.
I cannot use orcs to attack the villages because it would mess up the AI for the orc bases. Normally I would use another colour to do this, but for most maps post chapter 8, I use all 12 slots + neutral hostile and neutral passive (trying to keep it compatible with 1.28). That is also why the forest creeps join the bandits at the end, but players won't see that (unless cheats, but I will also add blockers for air so they cannot scout it with the Gyro units you get).
I will check Quirkbells. Before I published it, I changed the final Quirkbells to Grey/Brown instead of DG (I was using 2-3 Quirkbells), but did not check to see if he was hidden at the end as a result of this. My fault.
The 2nd part of map cannot be made too difficult, since without an army, if players just cannot win the push, then they are dead, as the heroes and the given units are all they have. In the past, the undead base would fully defend, so it needed a stronger bandit wave to beat it.
First part is completely balanced, you need to creep forest so your allies get gold. Pink can hold off both his grey and brown enemies with gold without problem. LB will die slowly even if you get him gold, but for insane you need to manually control so you can send his troops to Khadgar's healing wards. Khadgar must help defend some of the yellow attacks to help lb.
Blue starts off with lots of units so that once the orange attack is over, he can start creeping immediately instead of building up an army.

Puzzle level: No clue what's going on anymore. Didn't make any progress on this one.
Portal item still uses the Ancestral Staff description (and doesn't explain what it does).
Some units (pig, priestess) can be moved via portal, others can't, with no explanation as to why.
Puzzle Master's sentence makes no grammatical sense, tavage and navage are not words.
Tree's comment doesn't trigger when on the circle but when standing next to him. Also, prosent -> present.
Can't portal to the walled circle: if visible, the walls get in the way (and it can't target debris), if in fog of war, can't target invulnerable.
Why does the torch die after talking to him?

Last cutscene:

Portal should be bigger.
Do the carts not have a filled model?
The flying knights turn back during the battle.
Several moments have the characters waiting without speaking.

I will probably ending up removing the puzzle, even though I thought it was fun. The spell I gave the staff item is the best spell in the campaign, and just thinking about it makes me giggle. Otherwise, map 15 is a really well designed mission, that explains some of the things in map16 (like the shield, ect.). Its also a test for me to see if players don't mind just having 1 custom music per map, since it has made it 12 MB smaller than my other ones (which normally have 3-4).

Still thinking about what to do with the purple cube problem.
If I make portal bigger, it will obscure some of the camera angles I have.
Could not find a filled cart model, was hoping no-one would notice.
Using "wait" actions sometimes has this affect of not being exact times.
I will add more HP to the black dragons so you don't have time to see the knights going back. I think that only happens if Turalyon's hammer spells hits the dragons, since that would cause them to die faster.

Edit1: I will be making a "Update" section on the map description which will show what areas of the series have been changed for each most recent update. I will only show the most recent update, and only say what maps have been updated, so people will still need to go to each maps' respective changeling to see what I have changed, but at least this way players will know what areas I have changed each time I update the campaign.

Last edited:
Level 23
It's not that I mind the puzzle missions, some can be quite fun, it's just that they could be better integrated into the story rather than coming out of nowhere and breaking immersion.
Fair enough.
Can I also ask, if you remember, when you played map 14 and it showed the purple/black cubes for all the trees, had you played any maps previously? My own experience with black/purple cubes is that if I restart war3, then those maps that previously had the cubes suddenly become normal. Just was curious, since map 14 would be the easiest one to test, as you said all the trees were cubes. If this method is correct, then opening upon a "fresh" warcraft 3 will fix this issue. Otherwise I will need to spend serious time trying to find out how map 14 and 16 are linked.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. -fire coming out of thin ground (fire traps)?
  2. -some of the units that come out of the portal stop behind those in front and try to circumvent them only to get back on the track they were still behind those units.
  3. -not only Teron but also his horse entered Ner'zhul's hut that time.

1. -why does Rexxar talk like the Warcraft II troll? Doesn't make sense/out of character since there was no Rexxar voice or even character in that game.
  2. -some buildings are confusing like foundry instead of the blacksmith, orchard instead of pig farms (the model you chose looks like the Warcraft II orc Lumber Mill).
  3. -the R hotkey for the towers doesn't work.
  4. -seems like hero resistances are akin to Warcraft II in that they can die very fast if not paying attention.
  5. -regeneration is slow without Healing Salves and for those you need not only gold but time. Plus, they are not to be used during combat.
  6. -is experience shared properly? Seems like one hero levels up quicker.
  7. -the Arakkoa are too near the orcish base. Realistically, it would be impossible unless they were allies.
  8. -you should place destructible ramps properly suing the shift+page up/down commands.
  9. -funny that the other orcs don't try to get catapults for themselves.
  10. -heroes are invisible during scenes (meeting the goblin) because you're using them and not cinematic dummy ones. Seems that the effect was cut when going to Bortok (or whatever).
  11. -Fenris is gullible if he believed those orcs came only to kill his brother and leave too obvious traces.
  12. -still, I'd rather kill one than more like the draenei and help the arakkoa thieves.
  13. -only Rexxar can trigger the completion of the goblin optional quest it seems.
  14. -shouldn't the other possible ally quest be failed when either the orc or the arakkoa come to the player's side? Can you get both? I didn't try but from what I understood in the intro, you could only choose one side.
  15. -if you can only access optional boss fights on insane, it's a waste of time to try to figure the puzzle to them out on lower difficulties.
  16. -the orchard has a rare visual glitch (pic). I think it might be the elevation but it always looks red. btdp01.png
  17. -Kurkan's (?) body should have remained there during the scene (freeze animation). The boss insn't interesting in that you can build towers around and full up your food slots and engage as the hero is waiting in the debris of the yellow base.
  18. -but I did not aid the arakkoa as Grom said in the ending scene.
  19. -well, maybe some warriors at the back of Grom to make it look like an invasion.
  20. -also, how did they build and reopen the portal so quickly? It took at least weeks for Gul'dan to do it (build and expand the rift) in WcII.
  21. -Crypt Lord in Grom's party :D? (at the end)
  22. -many of the units freeze for 1 second or so during scenes after certain animations. You should time the next animation better.
  23. -not sure how optional the goblin quest is since without those catapult it'll take a week to get those towers down.

1. -some terrain parts look utterly flat.
  2. -too much talking during a battle; what to, what not to; in reality, you don't have time or mind to babble.
  3. -Unexpected charge doesn't say what it does besides the hero charging a random unit in an area while invulnerable.
  4. -Kurdran, a flying unit that does not fly.
  5. -swamp spirits!? JRPG spotted. Why did it appear just now and not before when they were all together?
  6. -avoid cinematic scenes so often, especially right at the beginning of the level which starts with a cinematic scene.
  7. -the tree tentacle attacks from a higher distance it can visibly hit/reach.
  8. -OK. It's obvious now. Experience isn't shared at least not equally.
  9. -the Fungovor should summon some stuff from time to time.
  10. -unnecessary to show that the purplish plants die after you kill the above mentioned static plant. It's obvious the zone will be cleared. That was the idea of killing it.
  11. -Return to Jojo Headshrinker but I've not talked to the troll yet.
  12. -I don't get it. What survivors are the orcs blocking? Humans? They just got there and were ambushed so when did they build the blockade and bases without them being seen by the humans when they passed by?
  13. -turned into frogs and after that scene, the scene where the heroes meet Jo Jo who was still invisible appeared and showed the zone of the nonexistent Troll Warlord. This is a bug. I even got Danath and Kurdrad must survive two times in the Quest Log and another same Quest Update message. Anyways, linearity should not be the design. If you happen to kill the trolls before meeting Jo, then the troll would still have to say everything and then the heroes will say, but we happened to kill the Warlord; something along those lines.
  14. -why would Trollbane trust a troll!?
  15. -being frogs is very dangerous; orcs could step on them, easily slice them for fun etc. I thought they were gonna become invisible.
  16. -didn't seem strange at all to the goblin that a frog saved him? Did he use a remote control to call the Zeppelin without ANYONE seeing it?
  17. -problem with the frogs part is that only Danath is doing something; Kurdran is just there, no inventory, no usefulness.
  18. -why would a catapult manual be hidden somewhere like that?
  19. -the frogs move too slowly.
  20. -Dare steal my lunch? And then ran away back and returned while Mak'thera started moving towards Lokka too.
  21. -I have no idea how a huge spider is less faster than some small frogs.
  22. -you should replace the animals with something fitting Warcraft III. Swamp spirits were much better.
  23. -the racoon was just standing there (actually turning and turning) why the frogs started running.
  24. -Jungle Stalkers here?
  25. -I can't tell. Does Kurdran have a hero glow? If not either find a model like: Gryphon Rider and Derivatives or add it like: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  26. -perfect English Gnoll.
  27. -I don't think it was necessary to make a cinematic scene for the frog and Timmy.
  28. -what would stop the frog from eating the one trying to get the claw since it's right in front of it?
  29. -find it hard to grasp how Disease Cloud gets up to Kurdran.
  30. -you should remove the items for the insane difficulty bosses since players might waste time trying to do something with them only to find out they can't go further due to the difficulty limitation. You could leave the boss fights for experience and not for the items.
  31. -if you want to keep the BlizzEnt text notification colours, then warnings should be red.
  32. -I've no idea how that recruit got past the gate which the heroes had to work so much for. Even, if by another route, hardly to get to safety easily through such a place alone.
  33. -I don't get how 8000 humans suddenly died in a matter of minutes while Danath was arguing with Kurdran.
  34. -lesson of today: a human on a horse can hit a dwarf on a gryphon with a sword still being held.
  35. -the orcs aren't imposing. They're just a small band.
  36. -let me get this straight. Kurdran saw from a distance what was happening to Danath (somehow he decided to follow him to make sure he was safe; happened to find him on the same road/path) then quickly found the orcs and they quickly followed him back to the bandit camp.
  37. -in some scenes Kurdran's head can't be totally seen because of the upper camera border.

1. -what's with the crazy day-night cycle during the whole scene?
  2. -so, it's safe to fly on dragons north but not south when returning.

1. -Glyph of Nature cannot be cast at level 1 because Dentarg hasn't got enough mana...
  2. -besides the fact that the guard couldn't have remembered everything even back when the previous Stormwind was standing, now not knowing such a huge difference like a big wall blocking a way that wasn't before is weird. Did the guard not move from his post? Did it actually happen for that guard not to go through there all this time or notice the wall, even though the path to it is pretty linear.
  3. -the witch of Oz.
  4. -Shadow Drain betrays the true colour of the bears.
  5. -should Runic Armour affect long ranged units?
  6. -so why is the Worker suddenly telling the orcs the reptile tale and the orcs not wanting to kill him on sight? Is he another witch?
  7. -you should not be able to see the unit stats in the mini-game.
  8. -why not use one arena for the mini-game?
  9. -writing -roundsevenyellow doesn't do anything, thus the quest will always be failed.
  10. -Gorefiend is so fragile.
  11. -apologize for what? Besides, the heroes should have gone through there as it would have saved the trouble of the witch quest and all that...
  12. -so, it's pretty lame that the only items you have are either consumables or those needed to open the way to the bosses and ultimately the ones from the bosses of the insane difficulty.
  13. -such an operation with the water system could even take more than a day, time in which they might get discovered. Why is time passing by the way? Shouldn't this all happen in one night?
  14. -why are the Way Gates so small?
  15. -the big house right/east of the defiled fountain can be passed through (pic).btdp02.png
  16. -I find it difficult to believe they could walk on the streets with catapults and not be seen by the populace who could alert authorities beforehand.
  17. -cliche; as if the children were mind controlled to go directly to the church and not die just there or go back to the orphanage for help. Plus, the way they so quickly got out to drink from the fountain as if they were thirsty for a day or so.
  18. -Pong Catapult's selection circle is too small compared to the model/size.
  19. -Shadow Drain doesn't say how much time it takes to charge to deal damage.
  20. -I find it hard to grasp how the Alterac suddenly organized to make use of the orcs as a distraction as if they knew the would come directly for the book.
  21. -this level's end brings me back to the game's menu instead of the custom games one.

1. -Prestor stood some good seconds before leaving after the transmission was over.
  2. -did Deathwing communicate telepathically with Onyxia?
  3. -brave orcs passing on a freshly out of magma raised bridge.

1. -why is Katrana talking like Alleriao_O?
  2. -Cataclysm doesn't have any values written. Basically, you don't know what it does.
  3. -Deathwing's selection circle is too small.
  4. -Katrana is useless in the first part of the game if not for the aura helping Deathwing.
  5. -wasn't it kind of late to ask then about Katrana bringing the three eggs?
  6. -long daggers Katrana has to reach the flying dragons.
  7. -a kobold that killed every dwarf? Couldn't Deathwing just eat it?
  8. -Deathwing and Katrana disappeared before the discussion/scene ended.
  9. -nerubian pet!?
  10. -Eggtastic's Q-log description is incomplete, only a few words and one letter of the last of those words. Also, the requirement is cut off.
  11. -I don't understand. The nerubian sometimes only walks on the tracks, other times on the ground.
  12. -the track game is bugged. Seen the kobold somewhere up from where you start then nowhere else until I reached the end and the kobold was just standing on the end of the track but I got the eggs to safety through the kobold after slowing it. It didn't move or do anything by the way.
  13. -the Elite Dragonspawn have Deathwing's portrait in the scene where they appear.
  14. -particle accelerator speed growth accelerators in fantasy...
  15. -just went on through the dwarf base and killed the creeps in the east before going with the dragon bosses in the dwarf base. Same with the blue orc base... Pathing blockers should have been placed like usually. The orc AI wasn't working of course. They didn't even have defenses but one orc. Killed the creeps in the west too. Katrana's gaining experience. The green base fell too. Eliminated everything up until the barrier with the three dragonspawns (Rend+Maim included), well except their invulnerable fortress.
  16. -what bases were they even talking about anymore :D?
  17. -Thaurissan's actual name is Peril Spellbinder.
  18. -no dragons to help the orcs?
  19. -I don't see any relation of the elemental planes to mind controlling.
  20. -ha, lol, the orange base and units reappeared! Perhaps because they had their fortress and rebuilt while I wasn't paying attention. However, the other bases don't know how to rebuild without their fortresses. Actually, the blues knew how to redo it after becoming allies.
  21. -Nefarious Essence doesn't say how much.
  22. -all emberlords are pretty much the same. They don't do anything but attack. Mana remains full.
  23. -suddenly, Deathwing is level 3.
  24. -well, either doing a ritual or fighting. Doing both is kind of McGuffin.
  25. -Razor Claws should have a passive looking icon. You can make it so with: Button Manager v1.8.2
  26. -so why isn't Ragnaros also attacking? The elemental boss is just there. Alright at minute 10 it came.
  27. -some of the units during cinematic scenes have improper voice lines... Jubei has one from a night elf or some female unit while Ragnaros from Archimonde.
  28. -Mathog was invisible during the scene with Ragnaros.
  29. -there's no way to delay Ragnaros 3 minutes since the unit kills everything in one shot...
  30. -timer reached zero and quest failed when fortress destroyed. Nothing happened at time zero for many seconds.
  31. -the ritual was not completed so Deathwing could not have fooled Ragnaros into thinking the dragon was dead after such a blow and then suddenly rise and bla bla talk the elemental into destruction.
  32. -the entire last part of the level is a RoC Twilight of the Gods (+ending mini-film) joke.
  33. -the tree appears as a purple block. Upon restarting the game it looks normal.
  34. -thrown at the game's menu instead of custom maps one.

1. -the snowman and penguins should have been somewhere in the back of the picture of the two humans talking not in a different frame overlapped by the humans' discussion.
  2. -Perenolde wasn't even drunk so the panda thing is totally uncalled for.
  3. -it surely would have been faster to get the book by torture.
  4. -many doodads around the penguins are purple blocks unless you restart the game.

1. -by the way, what's with the weird varied size paint dots instead of proper map indicators?
  2. -Tagar speaks like the Goblin Sappers from Warcraft II... Brotherwolf like the orc ships from the same game.
  3. -Watery Chill 2 can be learned at level 2 unlike usual Warcraft III spells at level 3.
  4. -the tower's hotkey still doesn't work.
  5. -Bolstered Globe doesn't look passive.
  6. -why put the Orb of Lightning if you cannot build the Rampart?
  7. -elephants afraid of mice?
  8. -how are the ogres trapped when the heroes can go down there and back?
  9. -eliminated the Kul Tiras base right under Menag's eyes (on easy though :D)
  10. -whole lot of water in those buckets. Heh, I thought he was going to accidentally drown them.
  11. -oh come on... one swing of the arm and the lighthouse just went boom!?
  12. -a peon remained near the northern mine (where the teal were) probably because the removal command triggered when it was inside the mine and it was not selected/picked in the removal group. The trigger should be repeated after 0.1 or so seconds during the cinematic scene to make sure no peons remain.
  13. -sea animals should "fly" lower so that it won't look like the heroes would be attacking thin air while dealing damage to the creatures.
  14. -you should put a visible timer on Tagar's fountain.
  15. -units can pass through big doodads.

1. -some ramps are glitched and the sky is seen through them.
  2. -honestly don't see any use for the gryphon knights if they can't fly. A horse is much faster on land and better handled, also smaller.
  3. -Bewtich=Fairy Fire.
  4. -those Magicians appeared out of nowhere.
  5. -Magic Bolt=Fire Bolt and it doesn't say how long it stuns or what damage it does.
  6. -Num Lock is a night elf!?
  7. -you can drag the worgen few by few.
  8. -Vintage Overload doesn't say how much it lasts.
  9. -a different path eh? Why think of it after killing the furries?
  10. -the enemy heroes have artifacts from the insane difficulty.
  11. -Gryphon Knights have armour for what?
  12. -Kurdran should just be on foot or horse since that Griffin doesn't do anything. It flies like a chicken, actually not even so as it cannot go up cliffs.
  13. -Allerica!?

1. -Fire Guard=Lightning Shield.
  2. -the enemy are attacking too fast (time between waves+at the start).
  3. -where's the Goblin Alchemist to upgrade to Cannon Towers?
  4. -too much stun from the teal forces.
  5. -flat terrain again.
  6. -Calculated Volley has an active icon.
  7. -I think the blue nage eliminated the revenants as the first component was on the ground.
  8. -Conflict Craving Fountain should be invulnerable because some units might attack it and not attack the heroes sometimes.
  9. -angry Tagar has no hero glow and takes 5 food slots (got to low upkeep; of course no one was mining at the time).
  10. -it just happened so that there was a cannon there which even had a scope. Hilarious quest, nevertheless.
  11. -give option to kill potioneers?
  12. -don't get it what's the big idea with the voice acting that you have to keep players from content. I don't remember any voice acting anyway. Is there even any in this campaign?

1. -purple blocks again unless restarting the game.
  2. -Antonidas talks like the WcII Peasant while Krasus like the Archer...
  3. -the zone where units freeze might not be the shown one if the spell is cast near cliffs.
  4. -makes no sense; why would there be wendigos and mortar teams near and you'd have to resort to such bizarreness?
  5. -what about full hp once a circle game has been completed?
  6. -why no shown landing zone for the mortars? Quite an annoyance trying to get them to reflect.
  7. -Krasus doesn't get teleported along with Antonidas all the time... not to mention how annoying it is that Krasus doesn't stay still and you have to command hold position.
  8. -I honestly feel like you should revise some of the map's gameplay mechanics.
  9. -alright, now Antonidas teleported with one of the red boats. With another down, actually only the boat went down the cliff. You can even teleport the green one and it'll stop moving...
  10. -and now Krasus isn't being moved after entering the white circle and reaching the lowest part of the same side. FINALLY! But it took so many teleport tries...
  11. -good thing that the green units stagger because they are too many, otherwise repeatedly trying to pass the above mentioned, would be Kel'thuzad's death.
  12. -boo hoo, the dragon is tired but the old man is alive and kicking.
  13. -the Dragon Overseer cannot enter the circle as Krasus.
  14. -what examples are below? There are none.

1. -purples again.
  2. -trying to load this map crashes the game if you save the game with the purple blocks.
  3. -Arcane Resort has an active looking icon.
  4. -Volatile Light lags the game a bit.
  5. -takes a million years to destroy the golem with Khadgar's attack. Plus the time to wait for the staff to recharge. You can however destroy the gate behind the golem fast.
  6. -the orcs only attacked tough in the beginning, afterwards only with few units and no catapults.
  7. -you could have made some mini-games with the Pokemon Easter Egg.
  8. -some of the Pokemon units don't look as they should (as the actual characters).
  9. -Turalyon was/is Ash in an alternate universe?
  10. -the only difference between the circle colours is the creature Turalyon summons. They don't have any projectiles or create any effect. Team Rocket just falls. Same for their snake before that.
  11. -Song of Angels' buff says Unholy Aura.
  12. -why show Orb of Fire if you cannot build a Castle? Shouldn't it be Bulwark?
  13. -Spear Throwing Marauder's selection circle is too small.
  14. -while fighting the dragon, a Volatile Light dummy remained and I turned it into Medivh :D You can use the unit to explore the map as it flies. Turning into human form, it cannot be selected anymore and the zone it remains in is discovered.
  15. -Overhead Inspiration has an active icon.
  16. -what main building must not fall? There's isn't any of that type but various buildings.
  17. -oh, so destroying their main buildings automatically destroys their other buildings?
  18. -Volatile Light doesn't work anymore because of that dummy unit bug.
  19. -at last they can fly but I see no real use for them in this mission. It's not like you can use two to attack them from behind somewhere. They're only useful against the red dragons.
  20. -Telekinesis charges like an ultimate. It's also a weak spell.
  21. -Alliance of Necessity and the Tomb of Sargeras (second quest) both were discovered from the start but it doesn't make sense like that because you only find out about those events after the first main quest of those maps.
  22. -allied Farmhands remained near the gold mine (same as with the peon).
  23. -why would Gaz tell the humans everything!? And why did he stay there and die like an imbecile?
  24. -Gaz dies in one shot...
  25. -Omin was not there but the heroes spoke to him and him to them.
  26. -Omin said that people like Turalyon, or ideas like his, are the force that keep him going forward, through thievery and such?

1. -the puzzles should be optional. Some people might just give up because it's not what they want to play.
  2. -Portal is actually not what its title says. The description is from a Warcraft III item.
  3. -teleported the hungry felhound near the pig, nothing happened. Tried moving the pig to the hound and the same.
  4. -tavage, navage!? The question doesn't even make sense grammatically.
  5. -I don't like riddles, so high chances are I won't play it. The map is pretty much null to me. And I have a feeling the two riddles (murloc and shade) have to be solved before other stuff). I have Healing Wards, Cloak of Flames, Portal and Gem of True Seeing.
  6. -I can't move the Thing near the Tree with the portal item.
  7. -thought maybe moving the rock to the Thing would trigger the Tree's death.
  8. -the teleportation system doesn't work well. Many times, the peon teleports by himself when near something else.
  9. I'm going to stop here as map 16 is the continuation of the 15th. I hope you'll make the puzzle game optional.

Try not to break immersion. If you connect various universes, do it in a sly and logical manner. Decide whether the story is supposed to be a parody or be serious with humorous moments otherwise it doesn't make sense, it becomes confusing and uninteresting. Also, limit as less content as possible when it comes to difficulty options.
Lack of items in general isn't fun when you have 6 inventory slots and you don't want to annoy yourself with insane.
Mini-games should be optional not hampering the story and game experience.

All in all, it's filled with creativity but also weirdness which might not be too easy on most players. A bonus that it can be played by more than 1 player at a time.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 23
  1. -fire coming out of thin ground (fire traps)?
  2. -some of the units that come out of the portal stop behind those in front and try to circumvent them only to get back on the track they were still behind those units.
  3. -not only Teron but also his horse entered Ner'zhul's hut that time.

1. -why does Rexxar talk like the Warcraft II troll? Doesn't make sense/out of character since there was no Rexxar voice or even character in that game.
  2. -some buildings are confusing like foundry instead of the blacksmith, orchard instead of pig farms (the model you chose looks like the Warcraft II orc Lumber Mill).
  3. -the R hotkey for the towers doesn't work.
  4. -seems like hero resistances are akin to Warcraft II in that they can die very fast if not paying attention.
  5. -regeneration is slow without Healing Salves and for those you need not only gold but time. Plus, they are not to be used during combat.
  6. -is experience shared properly? Seems like one hero levels up quicker.
  7. -the Arakkoa are too near the orcish base. Realistically, it would be impossible unless they were allies.
  8. -you should place destructible ramps properly suing the shift+page up/down commands.
  9. -funny that the other orcs don't try to get catapults for themselves.
  10. -heroes are invisible during scenes (meeting the goblin) because you're using them and not cinematic dummy ones. Seems that the effect was cut when going to Bortok (or whatever).
  11. -Fenris is gullible if he believed those orcs came only to kill his brother and leave too obvious traces.
  12. -still, I'd rather kill one than more like the draenei and help the arakkoa thieves.
  13. -only Rexxar can trigger the completion of the goblin optional quest it seems.
  14. -shouldn't the other possible ally quest be failed when either the orc or the arakkoa come to the player's side? Can you get both? I didn't try but from what I understood in the intro, you could only choose one side.
  15. -if you can only access optional boss fights on insane, it's a waste of time to try to figure the puzzle to them out on lower difficulties.
  16. -the orchard has a rare visual glitch (pic). I think it might be the elevation but it always looks red. View attachment 314521
  17. -Kurkan's (?) body should have remained there during the scene (freeze animation). The boss insn't interesting in that you can build towers around and full up your food slots and engage as the hero is waiting in the debris of the yellow base.
  18. -but I did not aid the arakkoa as Grom said in the ending scene.
  19. -well, maybe some warriors at the back of Grom to make it look like an invasion.
  20. -also, how did they build and reopen the portal so quickly? It took at least weeks for Gul'dan to do it (build and expand the rift) in WcII.
  21. -Crypt Lord in Grom's party :D? (at the end)
  22. -many of the units freeze for 1 second or so during scenes after certain animations. You should time the next animation better.
  23. -not sure how optional the goblin quest is since without those catapult it'll take a week to get those towers down.

1. -some terrain parts look utterly flat.
  2. -too much talking during a battle; what to, what not to; in reality, you don't have time or mind to babble.
  3. -Unexpected charge doesn't say what it does besides the hero charging a random unit in an area while invulnerable.
  4. -Kurdran, a flying unit that does not fly.
  5. -swamp spirits!? JRPG spotted. Why did it appear just now and not before when they were all together?
  6. -avoid cinematic scenes so often, especially right at the beginning of the level which starts with a cinematic scene.
  7. -the tree tentacle attacks from a higher distance it can visibly hit/reach.
  8. -OK. It's obvious now. Experience isn't shared at least not equally.
  9. -the Fungovor should summon some stuff from time to time.
  10. -unnecessary to show that the purplish plants die after you kill the above mentioned static plant. It's obvious the zone will be cleared. That was the idea of killing it.
  11. -Return to Jojo Headshrinker but I've not talked to the troll yet.
  12. -I don't get it. What survivors are the orcs blocking? Humans? They just got there and were ambushed so when did they build the blockade and bases without them being seen by the humans when they passed by?
  13. -turned into frogs and after that scene, the scene where the heroes meet Jo Jo who was still invisible appeared and showed the zone of the nonexistent Troll Warlord. This is a bug. I even got Danath and Kurdrad must survive two times in the Quest Log and another same Quest Update message. Anyways, linearity should not be the design. If you happen to kill the trolls before meeting Jo, then the troll would still have to say everything and then the heroes will say, but we happened to kill the Warlord; something along those lines.
  14. -why would Trollbane trust a troll!?
  15. -being frogs is very dangerous; orcs could step on them, easily slice them for fun etc. I thought they were gonna become invisible.
  16. -didn't seem strange at all to the goblin that a frog saved him? Did he use a remote control to call the Zeppelin without ANYONE seeing it?
  17. -problem with the frogs part is that only Danath is doing something; Kurdran is just there, no inventory, no usefulness.
  18. -why would a catapult manual be hidden somewhere like that?
  19. -the frogs move too slowly.
  20. -Dare steal my lunch? And then ran away back and returned while Mak'thera started moving towards Lokka too.
  21. -I have no idea how a huge spider is less faster than some small frogs.
  22. -you should replace the animals with something fitting Warcraft III. Swamp spirits were much better.
  23. -the racoon was just standing there (actually turning and turning) why the frogs started running.
  24. -Jungle Stalkers here?
  25. -I can't tell. Does Kurdran have a hero glow? If not either find a model like: Gryphon Rider and Derivatives or add it like: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  26. -perfect English Gnoll.
  27. -I don't think it was necessary to make a cinematic scene for the frog and Timmy.
  28. -what would stop the frog from eating the one trying to get the claw since it's right in front of it?
  29. -find it hard to grasp how Disease Cloud gets up to Kurdran.
  30. -you should remove the items for the insane difficulty bosses since players might waste time trying to do something with them only to find out they can't go further due to the difficulty limitation. You could leave the boss fights for experience and not for the items.
  31. -if you want to keep the BlizzEnt text notification colours, then warnings should be red.
  32. -I've no idea how that recruit got past the gate which the heroes had to work so much for. Even, if by another route, hardly to get to safety easily through such a place alone.
  33. -I don't get how 8000 humans suddenly died in a matter of minutes while Danath was arguing with Kurdran.
  34. -lesson of today: a human on a horse can hit a dwarf on a gryphon with a sword still being held.
  35. -the orcs aren't imposing. They're just a small band.
  36. -let me get this straight. Kurdran saw from a distance what was happening to Danath (somehow he decided to follow him to make sure he was safe; happened to find him on the same road/path) then quickly found the orcs and they quickly followed him back to the bandit camp.
  37. -in some scenes Kurdran's head can't be totally seen because of the upper camera border.

1. -what's with the crazy day-night cycle during the whole scene?
  2. -so, it's safe to fly on dragons north but not south when returning.

1. -Glyph of Nature cannot be cast at level 1 because Dentarg hasn't got enough mana...
  2. -besides the fact that the guard couldn't have remembered everything even back when the previous Stormwind was standing, now not knowing such a huge difference like a big wall blocking a way that wasn't before is weird. Did the guard not move from his post? Did it actually happen for that guard not to go through there all this time or notice the wall, even though the path to it is pretty linear.
  3. -the witch of Oz.
  4. -Shadow Drain betrays the true colour of the bears.
  5. -should Runic Armour affect long ranged units?
  6. -so why is the Worker suddenly telling the orcs the reptile tale and the orcs not wanting to kill him on sight? Is he another witch?
  7. -you should not be able to see the unit stats in the mini-game.
  8. -why not use one arena for the mini-game?
  9. -writing -roundsevenyellow doesn't do anything, thus the quest will always be failed.
  10. -Gorefiend is so fragile.
  11. -apologize for what? Besides, the heroes should have gone through there as it would have saved the trouble of the witch quest and all that...
  12. -so, it's pretty lame that the only items you have are either consumables or those needed to open the way to the bosses and ultimately the ones from the bosses of the insane difficulty.
  13. -such an operation with the water system could even take more than a day, time in which they might get discovered. Why is time passing by the way? Shouldn't this all happen in one night?
  14. -why are the Way Gates so small?
  15. -the big house right/east of the defiled fountain can be passed through (pic).View attachment 314522
  16. -I find it difficult to believe they could walk on the streets with catapults and not be seen by the populace who could alert authorities beforehand.
  17. -cliche; as if the children were mind controlled to go directly to the church and not die just there or go back to the orphanage for help. Plus, the way they so quickly got out to drink from the fountain as if they were thirsty for a day or so.
  18. -Pong Catapult's selection circle is too small compared to the model/size.
  19. -Shadow Drain doesn't say how much time it takes to charge to deal damage.
  20. -I find it hard to grasp how the Alterac suddenly organized to make use of the orcs as a distraction as if they knew the would come directly for the book.
  21. -this level's end brings me back to the game's menu instead of the custom games one.

1. -Prestor stood some good seconds before leaving after the transmission was over.
  2. -did Deathwing communicate telepathically with Onyxia?
  3. -brave orcs passing on a freshly out of magma raised bridge.

1. -why is Katrana talking like Alleriao_O?
  2. -Cataclysm doesn't have any values written. Basically, you don't know what it does.
  3. -Deathwing's selection circle is too small.
  4. -Katrana is useless in the first part of the game if not for the aura helping Deathwing.
  5. -wasn't it kind of late to ask then about Katrana bringing the three eggs?
  6. -long daggers Katrana has to reach the flying dragons.
  7. -a kobold that killed every dwarf? Couldn't Deathwing just eat it?
  8. -Deathwing and Katrana disappeared before the discussion/scene ended.
  9. -nerubian pet!?
  10. -Eggtastic's Q-log description is incomplete, only a few words and one letter of the last of those words. Also, the requirement is cut off.
  11. -I don't understand. The nerubian sometimes only walks on the tracks, other times on the ground.
  12. -the track game is bugged. Seen the kobold somewhere up from where you start then nowhere else until I reached the end and the kobold was just standing on the end of the track but I got the eggs to safety through the kobold after slowing it. It didn't move or do anything by the way.
  13. -the Elite Dragonspawn have Deathwing's portrait in the scene where they appear.
  14. -particle accelerator speed growth accelerators in fantasy...
  15. -just went on through the dwarf base and killed the creeps in the east before going with the dragon bosses in the dwarf base. Same with the blue orc base... Pathing blockers should have been placed like usually. The orc AI wasn't working of course. They didn't even have defenses but one orc. Killed the creeps in the west too. Katrana's gaining experience. The green base fell too. Eliminated everything up until the barrier with the three dragonspawns (Rend+Maim included), well except their invulnerable fortress.
  16. -what bases were they even talking about anymore :D?
  17. -Thaurissan's actual name is Peril Spellbinder.
  18. -no dragons to help the orcs?
  19. -I don't see any relation of the elemental planes to mind controlling.
  20. -ha, lol, the orange base and units reappeared! Perhaps because they had their fortress and rebuilt while I wasn't paying attention. However, the other bases don't know how to rebuild without their fortresses. Actually, the blues knew how to redo it after becoming allies.
  21. -Nefarious Essence doesn't say how much.
  22. -all emberlords are pretty much the same. They don't do anything but attack. Mana remains full.
  23. -suddenly, Deathwing is level 3.
  24. -well, either doing a ritual or fighting. Doing both is kind of McGuffin.
  25. -Razor Claws should have a passive looking icon. You can make it so with: Button Manager v1.8.2
  26. -so why isn't Ragnaros also attacking? The elemental boss is just there. Alright at minute 10 it came.
  27. -some of the units during cinematic scenes have improper voice lines... Jubei has one from a night elf or some female unit while Ragnaros from Archimonde.
  28. -Mathog was invisible during the scene with Ragnaros.
  29. -there's no way to delay Ragnaros 3 minutes since the unit kills everything in one shot...
  30. -timer reached zero and quest failed when fortress destroyed. Nothing happened at time zero for many seconds.
  31. -the ritual was not completed so Deathwing could not have fooled Ragnaros into thinking the dragon was dead after such a blow and then suddenly rise and bla bla talk the elemental into destruction.
  32. -the entire last part of the level is a RoC Twilight of the Gods (+ending mini-film) joke.
  33. -the tree appears as a purple block. Upon restarting the game it looks normal.
  34. -thrown at the game's menu instead of custom maps one.

1. -the snowman and penguins should have been somewhere in the back of the picture of the two humans talking not in a different frame overlapped by the humans' discussion.
  2. -Perenolde wasn't even drunk so the panda thing is totally uncalled for.
  3. -it surely would have been faster to get the book by torture.
  4. -many doodads around the penguins are purple blocks unless you restart the game.

1. -by the way, what's with the weird varied size paint dots instead of proper map indicators?
  2. -Tagar speaks like the Goblin Sappers from Warcraft II... Brotherwolf like the orc ships from the same game.
  3. -Watery Chill 2 can be learned at level 2 unlike usual Warcraft III spells at level 3.
  4. -the tower's hotkey still doesn't work.
  5. -Bolstered Globe doesn't look passive.
  6. -why put the Orb of Lightning if you cannot build the Rampart?
  7. -elephants afraid of mice?
  8. -how are the ogres trapped when the heroes can go down there and back?
  9. -eliminated the Kul Tiras base right under Menag's eyes (on easy though :D)
  10. -whole lot of water in those buckets. Heh, I thought he was going to accidentally drown them.
  11. -oh come on... one swing of the arm and the lighthouse just went boom!?
  12. -a peon remained near the northern mine (where the teal were) probably because the removal command triggered when it was inside the mine and it was not selected/picked in the removal group. The trigger should be repeated after 0.1 or so seconds during the cinematic scene to make sure no peons remain.
  13. -sea animals should "fly" lower so that it won't look like the heroes would be attacking thin air while dealing damage to the creatures.
  14. -you should put a visible timer on Tagar's fountain.
  15. -units can pass through big doodads.

1. -some ramps are glitched and the sky is seen through them.
  2. -honestly don't see any use for the gryphon knights if they can't fly. A horse is much faster on land and better handled, also smaller.
  3. -Bewtich=Fairy Fire.
  4. -those Magicians appeared out of nowhere.
  5. -Magic Bolt=Fire Bolt and it doesn't say how long it stuns or what damage it does.
  6. -Num Lock is a night elf!?
  7. -you can drag the worgen few by few.
  8. -Vintage Overload doesn't say how much it lasts.
  9. -a different path eh? Why think of it after killing the furries?
  10. -the enemy heroes have artifacts from the insane difficulty.
  11. -Gryphon Knights have armour for what?
  12. -Kurdran should just be on foot or horse since that Griffin doesn't do anything. It flies like a chicken, actually not even so as it cannot go up cliffs.
  13. -Allerica!?

1. -Fire Guard=Lightning Shield.
  2. -the enemy are attacking too fast (time between waves+at the start).
  3. -where's the Goblin Alchemist to upgrade to Cannon Towers?
  4. -too much stun from the teal forces.
  5. -flat terrain again.
  6. -Calculated Volley has an active icon.
  7. -I think the blue nage eliminated the revenants as the first component was on the ground.
  8. -Conflict Craving Fountain should be invulnerable because some units might attack it and not attack the heroes sometimes.
  9. -angry Tagar has no hero glow and takes 5 food slots (got to low upkeep; of course no one was mining at the time).
  10. -it just happened so that there was a cannon there which even had a scope. Hilarious quest, nevertheless.
  11. -give option to kill potioneers?
  12. -don't get it what's the big idea with the voice acting that you have to keep players from content. I don't remember any voice acting anyway. Is there even any in this campaign?

1. -purple blocks again unless restarting the game.
  2. -Antonidas talks like the WcII Peasant while Krasus like the Archer...
  3. -the zone where units freeze might not be the shown one if the spell is cast near cliffs.
  4. -makes no sense; why would there be wendigos and mortar teams near and you'd have to resort to such bizarreness?
  5. -what about full hp once a circle game has been completed?
  6. -why no shown landing zone for the mortars? Quite an annoyance trying to get them to reflect.
  7. -Krasus doesn't get teleported along with Antonidas all the time... not to mention how annoying it is that Krasus doesn't stay still and you have to command hold position.
  8. -I honestly feel like you should revise some of the map's gameplay mechanics.
  9. -alright, now Antonidas teleported with one of the red boats. With another down, actually only the boat went down the cliff. You can even teleport the green one and it'll stop moving...
  10. -and now Krasus isn't being moved after entering the white circle and reaching the lowest part of the same side. FINALLY! But it took so many teleport tries...
  11. -good thing that the green units stagger because they are too many, otherwise repeatedly trying to pass the above mentioned, would be Kel'thuzad's death.
  12. -boo hoo, the dragon is tired but the old man is alive and kicking.
  13. -the Dragon Overseer cannot enter the circle as Krasus.
  14. -what examples are below? There are none.

1. -purples again.
  2. -trying to load this map crashes the game if you save the game with the purple blocks.
  3. -Arcane Resort has an active looking icon.
  4. -Volatile Light lags the game a bit.
  5. -takes a million years to destroy the golem with Khadgar's attack. Plus the time to wait for the staff to recharge. You can however destroy the gate behind the golem fast.
  6. -the orcs only attacked tough in the beginning, afterwards only with few units and no catapults.
  7. -you could have made some mini-games with the Pokemon Easter Egg.
  8. -some of the Pokemon units don't look as they should (as the actual characters).
  9. -Turalyon was/is Ash in an alternate universe?
  10. -the only difference between the circle colours is the creature Turalyon summons. They don't have any projectiles or create any effect. Team Rocket just falls. Same for their snake before that.
  11. -Song of Angels' buff says Unholy Aura.
  12. -why show Orb of Fire if you cannot build a Castle? Shouldn't it be Bulwark?
  13. -Spear Throwing Marauder's selection circle is too small.
  14. -while fighting the dragon, a Volatile Light dummy remained and I turned it into Medivh :D You can use the unit to explore the map as it flies. Turning into human form, it cannot be selected anymore and the zone it remains in is discovered.
  15. -Overhead Inspiration has an active icon.
  16. -what main building must not fall? There's isn't any of that type but various buildings.
  17. -oh, so destroying their main buildings automatically destroys their other buildings?
  18. -Volatile Light doesn't work anymore because of that dummy unit bug.
  19. -at last they can fly but I see no real use for them in this mission. It's not like you can use two to attack them from behind somewhere. They're only useful against the red dragons.
  20. -Telekinesis charges like an ultimate. It's also a weak spell.
  21. -Alliance of Necessity and the Tomb of Sargeras (second quest) both were discovered from the start but it doesn't make sense like that because you only find out about those events after the first main quest of those maps.
  22. -allied Farmhands remained near the gold mine (same as with the peon).
  23. -why would Gaz tell the humans everything!? And why did he stay there and die like an imbecile?
  24. -Gaz dies in one shot...
  25. -Omin was not there but the heroes spoke to him and him to them.
  26. -Omin said that people like Turalyon, or ideas like his, are the force that keep him going forward, through thievery and such?

1. -the puzzles should be optional. Some people might just give up because it's not what they want to play.
  2. -Portal is actually not what its title says. The description is from a Warcraft III item.
  3. -teleported the hungry felhound near the pig, nothing happened. Tried moving the pig to the hound and the same.
  4. -tavage, navage!? The question doesn't even make sense grammatically.
  5. -I don't like riddles, so high chances are I won't play it. The map is pretty much null to me. And I have a feeling the two riddles (murloc and shade) have to be solved before other stuff). I have Healing Wards, Cloak of Flames, Portal and Gem of True Seeing.
  6. -I can't move the Thing near the Tree with the portal item.
  7. -thought maybe moving the rock to the Thing would trigger the Tree's death.
  8. -the teleportation system doesn't work well. Many times, the peon teleports by himself when near something else.
  9. I'm going to stop here as map 16 is the continuation of the 15th. I hope you'll make the puzzle game optional.

Try not to break immersion. If you connect various universes, do it in a sly and logical manner. Decide whether the story is supposed to be a parody or be serious with humorous moments otherwise it doesn't make sense, it becomes confusing and uninteresting. Also, limit as less content as possible when it comes to difficulty options.
Lack of items in general isn't fun when you have 6 inventory slots and you don't want to annoy yourself with insane.
Mini-games should be optional not hampering the story and game experience.

All in all, it's filled with creativity but also weirdness which might not be too easy on most players. A bonus that it can be played by more than 1 player at a time.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Hi!
Thank you for all the feedback Deepstrasz, I really, really appreciate it. Can I ask what version of war3 you played the maps on, and if you played the latest version of these maps (from the November 25th update onward) or earlier versions?
I will make a full reply in a few days, some of the mistakes/bugs are of my own doing (like allowing players to accidentally kill the soon-to-be-ally orc bases in 08 if they choose to) but many of them I do not recognise, like the map04 bug you described with the troll cinematics mixing, and I always test maps with my friend before release, so I will need to dig deep and find out what errors I have left behind. I plan on fixing almost all of the issues you mentioned. It won't be right away, since I need to find a way to use switch back to 1.28 without getting IP banned from battlenet from continuous swapping versions, and I want the first 16 maps to be playable to people who do not have the newest wc3 patches so I cannot make those updates on the 1.30+ patches. Also all music won't play on the latest patch, so I need to figure out how to solve that. But I will definitely get to it. And I will make the map15 puzzle optional. I am 100% sure I won't be adding items besides the artifacts. There should be no content that insane mode gives to players that other difficulties cannot get besides artefacts, and from map 10+ I even let players fight the bosses that drop the items, but just don't allow them to get the items (so e.g map 03, if you not on insane, you never even see the worm boss, but in map 10, everyone sees the ghost pirate boss, or map 11's alterac rebellion. The letters from insane will form a code to let players access the final 3 cinematic missions, but I am sure people will post the answer in the comment section, so there should be no exclusion.
Thank you again! Also, even if you played it on easier difficulties, you still finished it really fast.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Thank you for all the feedback Deepstrasz, I really, really appreciate it. Can I ask what version of war3 you played the maps on, and if you played the latest version of these maps (from the November 25th update onward) or earlier versions?
Ah, yeah, forgot to write I played it on 1.29.2. Definitely the latest update.
since I need to find a way to use switch back to 1.28 without getting IP banned from battlenet from continuous swapping versions
Copy the 1.28 separately in a folder and run it with GameRanger (Local Area Network is how it works) instead of Battle.net.
Also all music won't play on the latest patch, so I need to figure out how to solve that.
It seems that the metadata or whatever sound issue was fixed on 1.30.4.
and from map 10+ I even let players fight the bosses that drop the items
That's what I suggested for all maps.
Also, even if you played it on easier difficulties, you still finished it really fast.
Well, I haven't. I still have the 15th and 16th maps to play but due to the obligatory puzzle game in map 15, I stopped as I mentioned.

Level 1
More than 10 years later WC3 reforged is announced for summer 2019 and i thought the awesome costume map scene could come back.

So im back on hive searching for some cool maps and campaign.

I found your coop campaign and wtf was that ??? Cinematics to long after the first 3 i skipped all. (what is sad because wc2 story is awesome)

first (chapter 3) map is rly fun. Some side quest which take a risk to do, teamwork is needed and a secret with cool items. I was hyped and got my friend to download wc3 again.

And thats it rest is just trash.... no not just trash, childish trash!

If u want to be better than 0 Star. than stop with this spongebob or pokemon shit and focus on balanced und fun maps. After each of this secrets, i was so bored an annoyed, that i wanted to end this hole campaign.

And this secret code ... Why? i had to play this hole shit again because i need some bs code to actually play the next boring map. U could set a trigger or whatever and if this is true than u can play next map, maybe an item.

Maps are to easy or stupid hard. For example the "sneaky" with teron Gorefiend no f..ing items or runes when u need them. We had to wait until our life and mana is full before we could kill the next mob wave. This takes like 4 ever and kills the game flow... just stupid.

U have 6 item slots and no item except 2 artifacts, which are okeyish.

this Map with kel thuzad was ok, because sometimes a riddle map is fun. BUT after the riddle part there is just AFK time. my mate didn’t even had a hero anymore. NO sense just end the map there.

Deathwing wasn't fun .... 1 player "A" click the hole map and 1 player is right click afk.

the riddle Map is senseless

-no clue

-can't repeat shit

-the lion riddle doesn't make sense "tavage Navage" wtf??

-and something with powder (ok i was so frustrated about this, that i thought like 2 min... maybe it's obvious)

-item description are missing

I'm done and angry for wasting my and my friends time. Grow up and stop with your "humor" it's bullshit.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I found your coop campaign and wtf was that ??? Cinematics to long after the first 3 i skipped all. (what is sad because wc2 story is awesome)
You are not obligated to watch them. You have the option to skip them.
And thats it rest is just trash.... no not just trash, childish trash!
That's your opinion->subjective.
If u want to be better than 0 Star. than stop with this spongebob or pokemon shit and focus on balanced und fun maps. After each of this secrets, i was so bored an annoyed, that i wanted to end this hole campaign.
It's your problem you can't handle Easter Eggs. It's a way for the author to show that those universes/franchises were/are part of his life. They are way towards the bosses who are supposed to be killed on the insane difficulty anyway for special items.
And this secret code ... Why? i had to play this hole shit again because i need some bs code to actually play the next boring map. U could set a trigger or whatever and if this is true than u can play next map, maybe an item.
It's because some maps are not supposed to be played unless you complete some puzzles/optional quests. They are optional maps.
Maps are to easy or stupid hard. For example the "sneaky" with teron Gorefiend no f..ing items or runes when u need them. We had to wait until our life and mana is full before we could kill the next mob wave. This takes like 4 ever and kills the game flow... just stupid.
Depends on the difficulty you play on. Harder difficulties might not be that fun.
-and something with powder (ok i was so frustrated about this, that i thought like 2 min... maybe it's obvious)
Puzzles are to think through more than 2 minutes, obviously. I agree, that the map shouldn't start with a puzzle that forces you to complete it before actually playing the intended game.
I'm done and angry for wasting my and my friends time. Grow up and stop with your "humor" it's bullshit.
You should grow up. 90% of your comments are not feedback, they are frustrations as proven further by the swear words you use, allegedly trying to look mature.

Last edited:
Level 1
Yea i agree some of my points where out of frustration, but it doesn't change the (atm) Ø 2/5 rating or the fact that the campaign is boring.

In some maps not only the gameplay is boring, they look boring too. Again for example there are some maps(deathwing/Kel thuzad/chapter14) where you are just afk and look.

You are not obligated to watch them. You have the option to skip them.

I know that I can skip, because I did just that. That's my Point... too Long and boring (and again THIS IS SAD BECAUSE THE LORE IS AWESOME)

=>Make cinematic shorter and tell the story while playing. I know it isn't easy.

Depends on the difficulty you play on. Harder difficulties might not be that fun.

Harder dificulty should be more challanging not just unbalanced. Look on starcraft 2 Brutal it's not just throw op shit against you, u have to play and think faster and not got overrun by chaos dmg, op heros with 15 armor and 3/3 upgrade at start. And i disagree all difficulties should be fun and if the gameplay stops u get bored.

=> look at balancing / use Items Heros have a 6 slot inventory

It's your problem you can't handle Easter Eggs. It's a way for the author to show that those universes/franchises were/are part of his life. They are way towards the bosses who are supposed to be killed on the insane difficulty anyway for special items.

Don't get me wrong, but this "easter eggs" are often to long and u have to do the frog thing. This isn't a part of Warcraft lore, something what the maker is trying to tell us. It kills the immersion,there for u lose interest and it gets boring. Maybe u not, but some people (me and my friend included) did.

=> if u want funny easter eggs, ok. But make them at least shorter more like in the first map. U can still let the crusty crab or whatever appear, but don't smack it in the players face.

That's your opinion->subjective

thats the point of a review or rating. :eekani: I present my opinion and why i rate it, how i rate it.

It's because some maps are not supposed to be played unless you complete some puzzles/optional quests. They are optional maps.

=> again use some trigger like items or something. if i still knew i would say how, but my last map was 10 years ago.

Puzzles are to think through more than 2 minutes, obviously
yea thats my bad.
=> however make a way to repeat the riddle.

90% of your comments are not feedback

it seems so that not all want to think for feedback, but usually negativ comments are somethink that is bad or should be looked at.

But here again my Feedback / what should be better (because i don't hate the map maker and his skills, just this campaign / and the childish humor)

=>Make cinematic shorter and tell the story while playing. I know it isn't easy.
=> look at balancing / use Items, Heros have a 6 slot inventory and wc3 about hundrets of vanilla items.
=> if u want funny easter eggs, ok. But make them at least shorter, more like in the first map (chapter 3). U can still let the crusty crab or whatever appear, but don't smack it in the players face.

=> again use some trigger like items/events or something, for map access. if i still knew i would say how, but my last map was 10 years ago.

=> make a way to repeat the riddle or important text messages.
=> focus at balancing / design / challanging mechanics (more or less hard depenting on the difficulty or just make only one difficulty) then look for improvement/ideas like ester eggs.

=>if u use a already existing story, than use the information u have. How does it look and what happened. Then transfer it on a map > whats the point (defensiv map, offensive map, hero only). If u want a coop map then both player have to do something important alone or together. thats why no one wants to make a coop map. Chapter 3 was a good start !

Not like: Chapter 14 (blue defend first attack and is nearly afk), Chapter 8 (Blue stay near teal aaaand AFK) or chapter 13 ( one of 2 player is always afk doing nothing and at the end both player are AFK watching units fight)

I hope this i more a review u can work with.

Still 1/5 Stars (for the 80% correct lore)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
but it doesn't change the 2/5 rating or the fact that the campaign is boring.
You rated it 1/5 not 2/5 as you just wrote. Also, what's boring for you might not be for many others and as somebody who has a lot of playing experience I can tell you the campaign is not boring. It's a bit different from what you are usually acquainted with in Warcraft III campaign gameplay but it doesn't quite reach that state of causing boredom. Now, I don't know on what difficulty you've played but on easier ones, it's pretty fun. You surely don't have to wait minutes and minutes in a row for Teron and Dentarg to regenerate.
In some maps not only the gameplay is boring, they look boring too. Again for example there are some maps(deathwing/Kel thuzad/chapter14) where you are just afk and look.
You might be right. I played it alone so I don't know about how each player in 2player might need to react. Try playing it alone. Then, you'll have to use both heroes each time and the units.
Well, here we can agree it's just subjectivity.
Don't get me wrong, but this "easter eggs" are often to long and u have to do the frog thing.
When the heroes get hexed into frogs? It does make sense. Shadow Hunters have such an ability which works on heroes in melee. From there onward it's creativity. However, the other animals that appear, that's when the immersion breaks.
thats the point of a review or rating. :eekani: I present my opinion and why i rate it, how i rate it.
No. The point of reviewing and rating something is for you to exactly not use frustration and feelings but be as objective as possible. Imagine rating all the foods you don't like because you don't like them. If say, you'd have given the campaign 3/5, I would not have replied to your comments because I would've considered it fair even if I think it deserves 4/5.
=> again use some trigger like items or something. if i still knew i would say how, but my last map was 10 years ago.
It's related to the game cache. So items won't work. Those maps don't even include the heroes from the previous ones. There was little to no other way than that unless he made those maps code-free.
=> however make a way to repeat the riddle.
I agree. In singleplayer it's OK because you have it stored in the Log.
=> look at balancing / use Items, Heros have a 6 slot inventory and wc3 about hundrets of vanilla items.
The author wrote that it was intended for the items to be those special ones you get from bosses on insane difficulty. I asked for the same thing as you.
=> if u want funny easter eggs, ok. But make them at least shorter, more like in the first map (chapter 3). U can still let the crusty crab or whatever appear, but don't smack it in the players face.
Well, you can skip most of them, I guess.

Level 23
Ok. So, I am planning to make the major corrections to the maps based on the reviewer's comments. Some of the major changes that are coming:
-Artifacts available on all difficulties.
-Revised Difficulties.
-Map 15 Riddle removed.
-The version with the boss unlocked for map 12.
-All the other small errors in the object editor/ other stuff in each individual map.
-And many others.

Right now, I have just uploaded the unprotected version of the maps, something that I meant to do last year but forgot. Hopefully they will serve future map makers for learning purposes. (Keep in mind I have not added map 12/15 since I cannot upload them right at this moment). I will hopefully also be releasing some speed tutorials in the tutorial section, which will focus on spell importation, cinematic making, and other things with an emphasis on speed without compromise to quality.

I am also attaching my units + spells log that I kept. Keep in mind, it looks far better in Microsoft word, since the "Paste" section does not convert the formatting, colouring, highlighting, ect. I will mention this aspect of documentation in my future speed tutorials, since keeping these things help tremendously with correcting errors in a very short space of time. I will also add more of them (like my "Sound" documentation) later when I get access to them.

Units:
Units- BtDP | HIVE

Spells:
Spells- BtDP | HIVE

If you have any desire, you can rebuild all the races/spells found in BtDP quickly based on those documentations since everything is organized in a way based on an intuitive ordering system. Keep in mind though, as I mentioned above, "Paste" does not show just how well formatted these documentations are in "Microsoft Word", so be sure to check out my speed tutorial on organization which will show pictures of them in "Microsoft Word". In particular, of the two documentations I have uploaded just now, the "Spell" section is particularly useful since I have my own notes about some of the issues I faced, and how to get around them in terms of importing them into your maps. This is very useful for complicated spells that map makers will have trouble importing, such as Teron's spells, Fenris' spells, among others.

I will also be revising the "credits" section in the map description, since right now there are lots of gaps and holes that I have been putting off until now.

There will be some delay between now and the corrections to the maps since I need to help someone upload a map to hive first, but then I will start working on them.

Last edited:
Level 1
1. The cinematics are endlessly long, a suggestion, when you time the text try reading it in normal speed, this way the player won't have to sit there and wait for the next one to appear, in almost every text I had to wait between 5 and maybe 10 seconds for the dialogue to continue, this is tiring. By the 3rd cinematic I was already bored of waiting and start skipping.
2. Those vast empty spaces on the map, a huge map with little to no interaction and especially backtracking to the quest giver, this is not good for keeping the audience's attention.
3. the frog boss run, it could have had some fail-save mechanic, like a revival stone or something, because I'm not replaying the whole mission only to be killed by a single spider strike.
And that's how far I have gotten, I may try again later or I won't even bother with it anymore, I don't know, also why the only time you can skip cinematic is within the 1st five seconds?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
3. the frog boss run, it could have had some fail-save mechanic, like a revival stone or something, because I'm not replaying the whole mission only to be killed by a single spider strike.
Like you can't make several save files like in the original game? When you played with Arthas in TfT on those levels with traps, it's not like if you died, you were respawned back and had to go through the traps again.
It's solely your fault for not saving the game.

I agree about the text in the scenes and blank terrain.
However, 1/5 is your frustration, not objectivity.

Level 2
This Campaign sucks!
1) Half of maps are interludes;
2) Some missions are very hard even on easy difficult (nethergarde protection as an example);
3) U made two maps bonus missions WTF!

My mark is 0/5