• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Music Bugged Since 1.30.+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

Currently, there is a music bug that has spawned from the newer warcraft 3 patches.

The music bug affects all of the custom music of certain types, for example World of Warcraft music.

I am uploading a particular map as an demonstration.

Example Music Bug | HIVE

The reason I uploaded this particular map is because other types of music DO work, such as the "pokemon theme song".

if you want to test it for yourself, open play the map, type -new, -new, -computer, -insane

(Just follow the opening instructions).

Then run Turalyon to the one of the 3 circles in front of the house

upload_2019-2-16_14-23-44.png

Keep in mind, the cinematic will only start once the opening messages finish, so wait until the dialogue finishes then the pokemon cinematic will start. You will notice if you open up the map in the editor that the wow music should have begun right from the beginning, but instead it is mute.

I am aware that there have been posted some ways of avoiding this bug through use of music editing files, or renaming the music files themselves, etc, but some of these methods have not worked for me, and more importantly I would like to know if this will be fixed by blizzard.

You can see more examples if you want to download more of maps with Wow music.

Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

They are all unprotected, you can see the music files all at the top of the trigger list, so you will know when the WoW music is supposed to start (should be right when map opens).

Of course, this bug is not just limited to WoW music, I am also dealing with another map right now that has non-wow music that is also suffering from this issue.

Thanks for your time!

Level 23
Update: I found some other people encountering this problem, and they seem to have posted a complicated solution involving opening the files in audacity and using 22050 Hz and the bit rate at 128kbps conversion.

Can I ask, is this issue viewed as a problem? When I was scrolling through some of the opinions of people on this matter, some mentioned that the fact that people could use custom music that was not same sample rate and bits per sample as Blizzard mp3s, is in the fact the bug, and that this has now been "corrected", i.e all future versions will require custom music to have the same sample rate and bits per sample as Bliz Mp3s.

So I was just wondering, is lots of custom music does not working a bug, or is it that the fact that such music(that does not have same sample rate and bits per sample as blizzard mp3s) could work in the past the real bug, and now blizzard have just corrected this loophole?

This issue might not seem relevant, but for maps that try to immerse players in a story, having complete dead silence accompanying the cinematic scenes is very off-putting. In the past, it was possible just to control + i and then import music fast. I really hope this does not change.

Last edited:
Level 18
Update: I found some other people encountering this problem, and they seem to have posted a complicated solution involving opening the files in audacity and using 22050 Hz and the bit rate at 128kbps conversion.

Can I ask, is this issue viewed as a problem? When I was scrolling through some of the opinions of people on this matter, some mentioned that the fact that people could use custom music that was not same sample rate and bits per sample as Blizzard mp3s, is in the fact the bug, and that this has now been "corrected", i.e all future versions will require custom music to have the same sample rate and bits per sample as Bliz Mp3s.

So I was just wondering, is lots of custom music does not working a bug, or is it that the fact that such music(that does not have same sample rate and bits per sample as blizzard mp3s) could work in the past the real bug, and now blizzard have just corrected this loophole?

This issue might not seem relevant, but for maps that try to immerse players in a story, having complete dead silence accompanying the cinematic scenes is very off-putting. In the past, it was possible just to control + i and then import music fast. I really hope this does not change.

Changing values in audacity is not complicated at all.

Level 5
When playing Dota with 1.30.1, I can hear extremely loud "Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl" sound. It is fixed in 1.30.2, but seems rolled back in 1.30.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.