• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple custom music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make custom music for my melee maps. All the music are included in the world editor > sound editor > music > internal

I have understood how to include a custom music but how can you include more than just 1? I repeated the same trigger action but did not work.
(Screenshot)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/how-use-custom-music-your-map-31249/

Also, it will be much better to just type in the name of the song in the chat so I could change music manually. Like -doom, -human1

EDIT : I tried Sound - Play music theme - doom
Epic fail as none of the music sets in the sound editor are being played.
The default music plays instead. Example if you're playing human race, all musics of the human races plays on and none of the ones set in the triggers.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 3
Can't we make it like a normal melee map?
By what I mean by that is when you select to play as the human race..
there are 4 songs that keep repeating or maybe in random. I want to choose several theme songs available from the sound editor and make them play randomly or by order in the melee map without me having to stop them or whatever. Just continuous over and over just like default gameplay.

Level 4
I don't think you can play music during map initialization, make a new trigger and put a wait action with 0.10 seconds then play your music. And make that new trigger to be activated from the original one during map initialization. That's how custom music is played at the beginning of a mission in the campaign for example.

There is also an action which allows you to play music from a music list and set which song to play from the list. But I don't know how it works.

Level 3
I don't think you can play music during map initialization, make a new trigger and put a wait action with 0.10 seconds then play your music. And make that new trigger to be activated from the original one during map initialization. That's how custom music is played at the beginning of a mission in the campaign for example.

There is also an action which allows you to play music from a music list and set which song to play from the list. But I don't know how it works.

No not during map initialization. I'll explain again.
I want to add custom music to start and be continuous just like when you play any default melee map.
Example :
you select lost temple map
you select human race
after map is loading
you're in the game and music starts with let's say human2 theme. Then when human2 is finished human1 starts so my best guess is they start in random order (shuffle, just like in windows media player).

So what I want to do is add custom music. In screenshot 1, these are the custom music that I want to add in the game replacing the default music.

Now when I add them in a new trigger inside or outside the initialization folder, the songs are being ignored, none of them plays. The same thing if I make a new category, new trigger, etc etc..
Now when I add them in the melee initialization trigger, only the doom music keeps repeating, screenshot 2.

What am I doing wrong so far?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 170
Level 17
Sooo... if you want it like a Melee map, this would require GetLocalPlayer(), some random Array Integers, Loops, and etc etc etc...

This might be veeeery easy in vJASS.

Idea:

Loop an Integer array as a Random one Between 1 and 5. Check if it was 1, check GetLocalPlayer() and play Comradeship, if it was 2 again GetLocalPlayer() and Play Doom, etc etc etc

At the End of Each one, Start an Array Timer when that Song ends. (Set the array Size to 12!)

When those Timers end, Again what you just did.

Level 3
I have absolutely no idea what you just said. I'm sure this isn't easy lol. I guess no one plays warcraft 3 anymore not knowing what is music in a melee map? It's just a custom game, you against the AI, in let's say divide and conquer map. What is vJASS, I thought you only need triggers to do that. The guy who showed how to use custom music on the first post he said for multiple music would need more triggers.

Level 17
I have absolutely no idea what you just said. I'm sure this isn't easy lol. I guess no one plays warcraft 3 anymore not knowing what is music in a melee map? It's just a custom game, you against the AI, in let's say divide and conquer map. What is vJASS, I thought you only need triggers to do that. The guy who showed how to use custom music on the first post he said for multiple music would need more triggers.

Ehh.... It might Do in 3 triggers, or Even 2, But it is Complex.

Ahhh... vJASS is another Coding language based on JavaScript (don't mistake it with Java!) which has More flexibility and is to somehow better than normal JASS. Triggers are the worst way JASS ever Could be. AND: vJASS requires JNGP. BUT, let's not use it for you.

Argh, Whatever you didn't find out, maybe google it? or search tutorials? That would be hard for me to explain them to you :0

Idea: Post your map and I'll send you the Version with Custom Music
Another Idea: I send you a map with a system.
Choose your flavor.

Level 3
Well I did some researches before posting this thread. It is how I found the thread about brad.dude on the first post. There's also videos on youtube showing how but they didn't work despite following step by step.

About the map, usually when I want to play a melee map I just open the editor and start editing it. Then I save as so I leave the original one on default. So whatever you want to send, you can pick divide and conquer map.

Edit : I just read your post on the thread about death coil. I never noticed the tutorials section, I'll have a look in there.

Level 17
Well I did some researches before posting this thread. It is how I found the thread about brad.dude on the first post. There's also videos on youtube showing how but they didn't work despite following step by step.

About the map, usually when I want to play a melee map I just open the editor and start editing it. Then I save as so I leave the original one on default. So whatever you want to send, you can pick divide and conquer map.

Edit : I just read your post on the thread about death coil. I never noticed the tutorials section, I'll have a look in there.

Empty map is just fine. Wait an Hour.

EDIT: There you Go! Instructions inside the map

Attachments

• Music System.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 3
Ok, took me some time to figure out the changes to make but then it's fantastic. I sent a map of my preview. If it's not too much to ask, how do you make the songs to start continuously? Because after each song finishes, the music stops then I have to type -music off and on again.

Attachments

• (2)OgreMoundmusictest.w3x
    83.7 KB · Views: 51
Level 17
Ok, took me some time to figure out the changes to make but then it's fantastic. I sent a map of my preview. If it's not too much to ask, how do you make the songs to start continuously? Because after each song finishes, the music stops then I have to type -music off and on again.

Going for it!

EDIT: Done. It works flawlessly now, but there is a problem RELATED TO WARCRAFT III, NOT MY SYSTEM.

Warcraft III sucks at getting the music length XD
So, for comradeship you have to wait a 30 seconds until next music starts. you may want to change the MS_MusicLength[Integer_General] variable to fit your Need.

• Set MS_MusicLength[Integer_General] = (Length of MS_MusicBase[Integer_General])
to :

• Set MS_MusicLength[Integer_General] = 90.00
Length of Comradeship is ~90 seconds.

Attachments

• (2)OgreMoundmusictest.w3x
    83.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 3
That's weird, I don't have to change anything, when comrade finishes, another song starts within like 10 seconds.
It's only if I type -music off then on, it's then when the song that started then finished it's then when no other songs will start again. We will have to type in -music off and on over and over again to make music start. This happens when everytime we type in -music off and on. But that doesn't matter to me.

I would like to request to make this sticky as it is very useful to have custom music in melee maps game. With full credits, many thanks to Arad MNK for his heroic system :thumbs_up:

Any other issues to post them in this thread.
All of this would be very appreciated.

Level 3
I respect it's simple for I'm guessing majority of the members here but I had no clue about all you did. The way I was doing it was just event and action, it was nowhere close to yours. Right now I'm stuck with a footmen frenzy map that keeps crashing everytime the AI has too many spawned units around their building, would be good to make all their buildings set rally point attack move to center but again it's not working with me lol despite following procedures from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.