• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 - Secrets of Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Hmm, how do you kill an invulnerable unit.... as a prize it drops a bow that oneshots your enemies, but is dropabble on death :p, going great. Will finish by the end.

Attachments

• bow.png
    bow.png
    801.2 KB · Views: 136
  • item carrier.png
    item carrier.png
    734.9 KB · Views: 125
Level 13
Hi, I've watched the series made by abelhawk and i think i wanna make a map that revolves around the magic vault thingy.

Edit: Can someone help me get to the tutorial on how to use bb codes? also a link on where i can post general questions? Its been a long time since i was last here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Here's a playable WIP.
It's about 80%ish done. Feels a bit rushed since I'm going on vacation soon.
Map becomes alot more fun if you manage to kill the item carrier (message me if you don't know how)

DONE (EDIT: Seems the dragon doesn't show for some reason.. gotta & gonna fix that soon)

Attachments

• Spooky-Scary-Skeletons.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 11
Mmmhh. I can't open the Edy's map for my WC3 version, what makes my doubt. Can i use the WC3 version I am using? (1.26), O it will be harmful?

Edit: I will update my WIP. Now, I finished 4 heroes and have the spell ideas for the last one. I finished the terrain of the principal zone, but I'm really late. I only have two weeks to finish this hero, make all the quests (at least 6, but probably more) and do the boss fights, the enemies, etc.

Sorry for the spoiler codes @Heinvers , but there will really be an amount of images

Complete panoram:
WC3ScrnShot_062319_001656_01.jpg

Queen's Garden:
WC3ScrnShot_062319_001915_02.jpg

Sasquatch Council:
WC3ScrnShot_062319_002142_03.jpg

Oracle's House:
WC3ScrnShot_062319_002203_04.jpg

Sasquatch Houses (Just citizens):
WC3ScrnShot_062319_002232_05.jpg

Last edited:
Level 11
The problem with this is voting. You might not able to play any maps made on newer versions thus leaving you little voting options.
About that, here is something strange. Sometimes, I can open maps and campaigns maked with 1.27, or, in a few times, even in 1.29, and play them without any problem. In, at least, 12 Maps and campaigns I downloaded, only 2, counting this, don't open. I can, per example, use all the races of UB (in the latest version, I think it is 4.00)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
About that, here is something strange. Sometimes, I can open maps and campaigns maked with 1.27, or, in a few times, even in 1.29, and play them without any problem. In, at least, 12 Maps and campaigns I downloaded, only 2, counting this, don't open. I can, per example, use all the races of UB (in the latest version, I think it is 4.00)
Maybe, the differences between those patches are not that big unless exact material from those newer patches was used like more than the usual 12 players. I don't know about UB.

Level 11
Sorry, I don't really know if I will have the time, my idea wasn't easy. Actually, I have the heroes,.zones, and the essential boss, but I need to create every quest and item in the game, and add the secret that I was planning to add in the map.
Of course, I will try, but I only have a week to finish all this.
Edit: Well, I will post a very low Alpha version.
There are an amount of bugs, and the map 75% finished. To compensate the other players help, you have an amount of powerful items. To teleport to a zone, go to the flower circle, enter on it, and choose your destiny. To come back, use your Hearthstone and pick "I am fine, thanks". You have all the possible heroes. The druidic Mounds are not playable. The only actualy finished is "Disgusting spiders". The quest ID are useless for now. This map is only to use the playable heroes, and look the quest zones.

Attachments

• Secret Sasquatch Society Alpha version.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: Edy
Level 19
It feels more like a tech-demo, but it's fully playable and unfortunately not as fleshed out as I'd like- but time became my enemy these past weeks.

This is my entry to the contest,
Path of Devotion

The map was inspired by "Wirts Other Leg" easter egg item from the "Chapter Five: Gates of the Abyss" campaign map.

Note that I might polish or adjust a few things before the end date.

Last edited:
Hey guys, early on I wanted to be a part of this, but I basically forgot and didn't make much progress.
However, for a simple map that doesn't win but enriches the available entries, I thought I would do something fun here really fast before the contest closes.
So I was making this mini 1 player RPG where a hero goes into blizzard HQ in a post apocalyptic environment and has to get the hidden models that were never released out of a secret office.

Attached is a WIP but I'm at risk of not finishing depending on what time I have available today.

Attachments

• CalifloridaCapture.w3x
    976.4 KB · Views: 96
Level 11
I don't really know if, with this time, i will finish my entry (i really hope yes).
Now, I need to make a "Hero selecting system" with items as base, a boss-playable Hero, and a very secret secret... And I only have eight hours.

Alright, I have "finished" my entry with 7 minutes to go. I only spent about 40 minutes on this last night, and 40 minutes just now, so it is not a winner by any means. As a result, I focused on just having fun and putting something down on the page as an idea draft.

Califlorida Capture

Edy

Edy

Level 9
It's on short notice, but I had fun with friends. Might add bunch of stuff in the future.
But as my final version for the contest - my final entry I give you:
Pre-Damnation

It's been fun making this :), sadly I don't have time for further improvement.
Good luck fellow contestants.

Was this not a valid entry? Since I don't see mine in the final entries in Page 1.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
You must post your entry to the Maps section as stated in the contest rules.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme.
  • The submission must be posted in the map resource section and linked in the contest thread before the contest ends.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Your final submission should be mostly bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited. You may make new models, icons, etc specifically for the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.