1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Defense of the Pandaren Drinking Area

Submitted by gusanomental
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The United Kobolds Presents

Defense of the Pandaren Drinking Area
Created by gusanomental

Map Info:

Apparently, the Pandaren Drinking Area was a paradisiacal place built in the coasts of the Broken Isles where the Panda go on holidays every year. Business was going fine until the presence of Illidan brought commotion to the peaceful beaches. Only Pandaren allowed! It's said even Maiev herself was bribed with a brand new pair of slippers of agility to go move on and keep her mouth shut about the seaside resort. Unfortunately they don't have enough slippers to gift to the thousands of Murlocs who are now swimming to claim the entire site for their own so the security committee launched the Pandzer project as their last hope.

What is a Pandzer? It's the latest Pandaren invention and clanking symbol of their praiseworthy engineering. The Panda-Assault-N'-Drink-Zupply-Erratic-Roller is an armored vehicle destined to deliver brew to the resort's guests in times of danger.

• Player 1 drives around.
  • Player 2 shoots at enemies.

As simple as that. Screenshots (probably) soon.

Credits:

• unwirklich, kantarion, Mythic, deathismyfriend, Maker, 67chrome, Bribe, Athur12A2 HappyCockroach, SNART, communist_orc, killst4r, Uncle Fester, Skipper, Blood Raven, BPower, Kellym0, Magos. If I'm using one of your resources and your nickname isn't here, message me and I'll gladly add it.
  • Sil, for beta-testing and feedback.
  • Pazzoberserk, my devoted sponsor and map-making guru (wherever he is)
  • Dr. Super Good, no single trigger of mine would work without his aid. I'm still waiting for him to show a diploma-any single proof he's a real doctor.
  • General Frank, for his awesome and inspiring tank models.
  • Deep Strasz, I got my expensive lifestyle covered under his generous rep patronage.
  • Blizzard Entertainment.
  • The Hive, Wc3C, XGM and every Warcraft modding community out there.

Author's notes:

Unprotected, do what you want with the code. I dream about someone making an epic arena map with entire groups of players as crews piloting vehicles.
Playable but currently unpolished and lacking of the most of features I got in my plans, sorry about that. Move it to substandard if needed.
Did you find a bug? Please report it in the comment section. You'll get a handful of bamboo each time you do.
Please be polite while trolling, too much life wasted here it's depressing.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Defense of the Panda Drinking Area (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A well made map with some minor but at times annoying movement control issue. Based on contest reviews: Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 - Results Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U...
  1. Pazzoberserk

Pazzoberserk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whaz is tis? Instagoblindownload
    <(°v°)> gnehehehe!

2. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I knew a map about drinking would release you from your astral imprisonment.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, is the map/terrain a template or was it made by you or someone who helped you?

For some reason, the site says the map's for 3 players.

4. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, I worked on a blank map containing some code such as Damage Engine and Knockback by Bribe, BPower's missile system and an unfinished version of my tank movement triggers, everything else was made entirely by me for the contest. I guess I can send you an early stage of the map if you request so.

I was wondering the same, I suspect it's something about the version (got 1.26a). I'll see if there's a way to fix that.

BTW, did you get a chance to try this with a friend? I haven't tested the map on multiplayer and I'd really like to know if it works properly, specially on startup when the single-player check trigger changes ownership of the cannon to Player 1 if there's no Player 2.

Edit: I believe the single-player check trigger is malfunctioning, shame on me.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've tried it alone and it's quite difficult.

6. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Playing this alone is definitely painful, I hope you can get a teammate so you can maybe enjoy it, well, AFTER I update this, I do think the multiplayer is bugged and Player 1 ends up controlling the whole tank no matter the number of players.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should make attacking saner too. It's almost random to hit something.

8. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it seems multiplayer got fixed.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A well made map with some minor but at times annoying movement control issue.

Based on contest reviews: Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 - Results

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

10. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHAT IS THIS WHOAA I GONNA TEST
    A VERRR QUE ONDUBI ESTO! JA!
    HHHHAHHHH 5/5 porque si

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019