• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Um, hold up. You don't think it's your PC? With no dedicated GPU, and an old CPU, seriously? Yeah, this is a 2019 game, it will require 2019 specs to play. No offense but saying "I don't believe it's my PC" when I'm honestly surprised you can even run Classic WC3 on that machine is strange to me.

But besides that the game is currently unoptimized. It only runs on very powerful PCs which I'm sure will not be the case on release (GTX 970 or newer pretty much).

Classic game plays perfectly, the Intel HD graphics 620 is pretty good, it should be placed next to GeForce 920M plus it uses the main memory for storage of which I have 1880Mhz DDR4 so its pretty fast. Anyway, you're right it's optimised so we'll have to wait and see.

Level 8
I think, they are WoW fans.
upload_2019-11-9_20-45-44.png
upload_2019-11-9_20-45-44.png

Level 8
@SharSash that gets me thinking...

latest

Uther should have green eyes.
I also used to think he's red headed, but considering later warcaft franchise installments it just may a ligher tint of brown
And by the way eye color inconsistancy is Blizz's feature:

bg9ibx51otw11.jpg

Featured-26.jpg

In-game model doesn't have irises, so let's take another one
875037.jpg

Thrall.jpg

excuse me for images being that big

Level 48
Classic game plays perfectly, the Intel HD graphics 620 is pretty good, it should be placed next to GeForce 920M plus it uses the main memory for storage of which I have 1880Mhz DDR4 so its pretty fast. Anyway, you're right it's optimised so we'll have to wait and see.

The 920M is the lowest tier 900 generation Nvidia card. I'm glad classic runs great for you but you can't expect the same from Reforged. I know the game is unoptimized, but I think a more sane requirement would be GTX 950, GTX 960 or so at least. Don't expect to run anything newer than 2002 with integrated graphics. Moreover, RAM speed (1880Mhz) means very little for gaming. What you should be paying attention to is how much RAM capacity you have.

DNC

DNC

Level 1
They overwhelming armor with super thickness, especially the shoulder armor, look like they are flying.
Look at Arthas in all the cinematic, he is tall and look fast, not the short slow dull in this reforged version.

Level 1
WorldEditor feedback:

"Issues":
- custom model/icon/texture import bugged - some issues with definition of custom path, also problems with loading that on old imported maps;
- spell strings and info messed up - you can define new spell f.e. based on SpellBook but you will have some random spell description [funny thing, that it looks like some default unit abilities are somehow half cached/half cleared and we have a stupid combination of old and new data strings in the game :D];
- glitched models - but you know, BETA;)
- Doodad textures - not so Hi-Res as you think ;)
- missing shift-place doodad option - it does not work now, so you can't place doodads anywhere you want; [EDIT] not for all - if you want to place Structures doodads - it is ok, if you create custom scaled up rocks - nope, so in other words - some yes some no - BETA.
- You can change some strings and gameplay constants, but without any effect;
- Water on maps looks.. meh, sometimes its totally glitched;

Fun features:
- Coloring tool and helper for new line tags and connecting data fields from spell data - very cool :)
- Dialogue Editor - we will see that..
- editor overall performance for now is OK, no crashes so... thats good, anyway I need to test that on bigger maps;
- selecting model sets - HD and SD looks very promising :)

So in short - have fun with Editor to run some custom maps, this is an easy way to play with AI opponent with desired settings (custom race selection and whatever you want, cool option for testing some things).
Running an old custom scenario - be ready for messed up tooltips and strange glitches, but it may be playable.

In short:
You can have some fun with BETA Editor, but forget about some more complicated stuff there for now.
And I know - this is just a BETA and I am happy, that we have some first look ad Editor :)

[Updated@ 11.11.2019]

Best regards,
Gore

Last edited:
Level 13
I made simple survey on different types of players with different needs. Hope it is helpful for Blizzard.
View attachment 337460
I have to disagree. Those blue guys don't want the visuals changed either. They just want Blizzard to change the logo, and rename the game to Reforged. Everything else to stay the same. Maybe even increase the resolution of the cinematics(Grom and Thrall vs Mannoroth, Archimond destroying Dalaran etc...) a bit. But Blizzard to be careful with that, cause 50% of those people would complain that Mannoroth isn't griddy enough.

On a more serouse note. I'm pretty certain that Blizzard knows the exact percentages. Player feedback is just an excuse to save money.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I made simple survey on different types of players with different needs. Hope it is helpful for Blizzard.
Based on what? Lol, show us the number of people who voted and where and prove they're not fake/multi accounts. Right now it's just propaganda.
On a more serouse note. I'm pretty certain that Blizzard knows the exact percentages. Player feedback is just an excuse to save money.
This. They have their think and research tanks.

Level 20
I had a dream last night that the problem with some of the textures/models not loading correctly was simply because the virtual directories in the CASC files weren't setting them up correctly and/or ignoring stuff based on the sequence they were being loaded.

That was just a dream; I think I was thinking entirely of the SC2 editor :/ I don't think what I thought of is editable in this game.

Level 5
Well night elf models are out...

at least they didnt turn Illidan into a Green Lantern with the silly glowing green eye sockets behind the blindfold

and the color of the blades of his warglaives arent light-green as how it ridiculously appeared in WoW

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Level 5
Yes they did but for the TfT version only.

Metamorphosis animation is shit... the special effects of the dark energy glow thing plus the roar sound are missing... its just like how DH in WoW transform.

The animation in the orig WC3 is amazing... its like a demonic version of a Super Saiyan transformation in DBZ

DNC

DNC

Level 1
Damn it, as expected they disappoint me again and again. Demon Hunter's blade is suck, look at this
perfect ratio and curvature, when he attacks the animation look smooth and sharp. Metamorphosis is suck too, bad redesign, bad redesign.

Best $40 I ever spent. Even if not all of the models are perfect, one super high-res puppy on a 3d modelling website can cost ~$30, so much more useful to get 2000 for $40. Even if you dislike 90% of the models that's still 200 models for $40 :) and for the record I like a lot of the models. I do agree that some of them might have some rough readability, but I don't usually play maps where there are so many creatures that readability is a problem anyway.

Level 20
@YourArthas

Oh, wow... This is so bad that it's actually hilarious :D That said, some parts of the last image show that Reforged assets have the potential to create a really wonderful terrain (imo). It's just a shame that you obviously cannot rely on the game appropriately representing your past work.

Last edited:
Level 12
Nobody said it'll be perfect. You'll have to tweak the colours and stuff.

There is no amount of tweaking I can do to fix the sheer volume of issues presented by the poor decisions made by the art department to go through with ruining scale, rotation, placement, height, and out right fully changing some models & their entire color schemes so that they don't even match the intended environment they were made for originally.

If Blizzard wants mods made prior to Reforged to work and play as intended, they need to restore original scaling, rotation, and placement of every object. Period.

unknown.png

unknown.png

@YourArthas is this a LtA/KtA/LtF type map?

Those screenshots are from my roleplay map YARP - Riverlands, a massively built roleplay terrain that has a playable 256x256 area in the middle with a sandbox area on the outside of the map to make it a full 480x480 terrain.

For better comparison for YourArthas's last screenshot he shared of mine:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Furthermore, further proof of rotation being changed on objects as well as displacement of doodads that have zero pathing, so they shouldn't be affected at all.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Yeah there have been a number of changes significant enough to devastate some map designs, mine took about 6 hours to fix. But do note that there are options you can set in your map that I believe "force" the gametype. For example a map may be set to NON-reforged I think. That being said you can make some really pretty stuff fast and easy in reforged. I just made this super-fast including the wood tiles.
upload_2019-11-22_23-41-54.png

If anyone wants to know how I made the tiles I used photoshop to save DDS after loading the normal maps in this program: Bounding Box Software - Materialize

Level 12
Yeah there have been a number of changes significant enough to devastate some map designs, mine took about 6 hours to fix. But do note that there are options you can set in your map that I believe "force" the gametype.

For just my Riverlands map alone, most detailed areas took well over 6 hours just to create, so I'd rather not essentially re-do entire sections like that for the sake of making it look good for both Classic and Reforged. That is my main focus because all maps should be playable and look the same in design in both Classic & Reforged without having to re-do specific areas or entire maps just for it to look good in Reforged when it was great as is.

I'll definitely look into forcing the game type, but I'm not sure how that would make doodad rotation, scale, and placement go back to normal.

Level 12
Yet even more issues to present.

Using the doodad Wall End Short, with increased size and tinted black, in classic on the left, Reforged on the right. The Reforged version has a larger scale even though their size are exactly the same.
unknown.png

For this barred wall from the dungeon tileset, in classic, perfectly fine and normal looking; in Reforged, unfinished looking, incomplete, and makes no logical sense to not keep the end pillar.
unknown.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone, :smile:
This is my personal Warcraft III reforged beta feedback so far.

Things that need fixing
- Frost Nova effect is very small.
- Death Coil missile doesn't look like a coil more like ball. And it carries the Deathknight's death sound effect.
- Carrion Swarm projectile looks too narrow and doesn't cover the affected area.
- Anti-magic Shell effect is bugged.
- Shade (Undead Unit) looks too transparent.
- The summoning animation for Undead buildings is way too big.
- The Graveyard Tombs are a little big.
- The upgrade animation of the Necropolis is too bright, it's blinding.
- When you upgrade a Ziggurat the summoning animation re-appears as if the structure is being built.
- The Goldmine is poorly detailed compared to the other buildings.
- Priest's heal effect is too intense for how simple of a spell it is.
- The healing effect from Essence of Blight is way too big and noticeable. And maybe it should be greenish to give some unholy feeling.
- Orb of Corruption weapon attachment and missile look cheap.
- Impale doesn't hurl units into the air.
- Spiked Carapace effect is bugged.
- The Meat Wagon projectile doesn't look like a corpse more like a magical missile.
- Web effect is barely visible.
- Skeleton Warriors aren't recognizable in combat especially when mixed with Ghouls.
- The Infernal Birth projectile is bugged.
- The Infernal doesn't look like an Infernal at all. A bunch of rocks floating in the air with no green fire effects. (The original look of the Infernal from Warcraft III is way better than the WOWi look.)
- The capes of the Priest and Sorceress are quite similar which makes them indistinguishable in battles.
- Serpent Ward is huge at all levels.
- Scroll of Town Portal should be yellow like it always has been. The Blue color might give it a Mana scroll look.
- Trees might need some more re-polishing.
- Human buildings textures need a rework; they are greyish and the team color seems like it's made of cheap plastic compared to the perfectly made Undead buildings (same with the Orc buildings).
- Buildings' Ground Textures are too intense when seen in fog of war.
- The environment is very poorly executed compared to the Units graphics. Everything is dark, greyish, muted and lacking detail.
- The terrain is lacking detail and the tilesets don't seem to blend well or go with each other properly especially with cliffs' edges.
- The blight feels dark, muted and lacks variation unlike the whiter bone-tones of the original Warcraft III.
- Units shadows is barely visible especially on dark tile.

What we love to see
The biggest upset is that Blizzard originally promised us new voicelines, new campaign maps, new additional quests, new additional storylines, new reworked campaign maps yet all of that has been scrapped. This felt like a stake to the heart. We dreamt of having new campaign maps, new storylines and seeing what places like Theramore, Durotar, Outland and Icecrown would look like based of what we saw in the demo version of Warcraft 3 Reforged from BlizzCon 2018.

Usually, as we all know, Blizzard always delivers and we get that it ran out of time, maybe due to bad unrealistic planning, but I hope that they put more time and effort before they release the game. There is no point in rushing now. If that isn't possible, I really hope that they reconsider giving us new campaign maps (Some new missions with Jaina, Grom, How Arthas got his horse etc...), new additional quests and new additional storylines etc... even in the form of a dlc.

I also had hopes that they would implement the story of World of Warcraft, post The Frozen Throne, into Warcraft III campaigns. They can do that in the future, maybe as an expansion pack for Warcraft III Reforged.

I have a lot of concern for the future of this game. I really hope that Blizzard sees this feedback. I'm gonna tag @Kam in the hope of that happening.:mwahaha:

Thank you. :smile:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
From the orc icons video (click):
  • Repair's hammer looks too much like a paladin's, anyway too nice to be used for such work
  • Pulverize looks blurry (at least in that video)
  • Bladestorm never properly represented a sword whirlwind; neither does Reforged
  • Maybe the Meat Wagon's Disease Cloud should have a different icon since it does not trigger the same way as the one for the Abomination
  • The Necromancer has green eyes now and Raise Dead green aura FX. I guess, the Scourge's Necromancers were supposed to use fel magiks? Well, Cripple was always green and the Raise Dead FX too. That brings the question, why does Grom and the Chaos Orcs have red eyes then? In TfT they were renamed to Fel Orcs but they still have red eyes
  • OK the Orb of Annihilation icon is green but the projectile is purple. Same in the original
  • Maybe the Carrion Swarm locusts should look deadlier
  • Would be nice for Inferno to have a custom icon like Doom has instead of being the same as the unit icon; same for the Summon Water & Sea Elemental spells
From the night elf icons video (click):
  • There are two Spell Immunity icons for some reason. Maybe, there's an object or hardcoded data difference I don't know.
  • Same for Taunt. The Mountain Giant has a special icon while the Earth panda has a specific one too. It's a bit confusing because that way there could be multiple icons for the same spell on most units
  • For instance Slow Poison is found, generally on non-human units but it looks like some sort of sword or metal sharp thing. Dryads have a lance while Hydras have no actual weapon than their spit
  • Same for Resistant Skin. Neutral units have one icon and the Mountain Giant its own; the MG icon could be kept for the upgrade
  • From the looks of it Pick Up Archer has the Archer icon. Anyways, it would be neat to have a custom Pick Up Archer and Dismount Archer, not the same as the Hippogryph Rider's and Archer's respectively
  • Same for both druid forms and Medivh's human form and for the Spirit Walker's non-ethereal form; custom icons, I mean
  • Keeper of the Grove have this plant/leafy look in the original, now they are mostly night elf with normal hair etc.
  • The new Scout icon looks too much like an eagle as you can't see too much of the beak
  • Trueshot Aura should have the arching FX over both sides of the arrow to represent an aura. Now it looks as if the arrow is some sort of lance that has been quickly dragged from the left to the right leaving a trail
  • True Sight shouldn't look like the Scout icon
  • Neutral Immolation should have a custom icon
  • Spirit of Vengeance should have a custom ghastly icon not look like the Sentry's
Various icons video (click):
  • Since, I'm practically insane, I'll write that even either the items or abilities for the Healing and Sentry Wards should have custom icons :D
  • A custom icon for Tome of Power?
  • Funny thing about the Amulet of the Wild is that it never looked like an ammulet
  • From the current perspectives, the Potion of Greater man seems thinner than that of Mana; same for the Minor Rejuvenation and Greater Rejuvenation potions
  • Infernal Stone is basically the Infernal unit's icon, no? A custom item icon would do
  • Haha, no more Captain America Helm of Valour
  • Khadgar's Pipe of Insight looks less magical and more traditional
  • The Lion Horn of Stormwind looks more woody than metallic as before
  • The Orb of Corruption should look more like an orb, round, that green or surrounding FX could help with that
  • The Pendant of Energy looks quite changed. Mostly the perspective helps now. The Pendant of Mana is OK because it keeps the colours and way they are blended
  • Custom icons for the various +value Claws of Attack and Rings of Protection :D?
  • Robe of the Magi looked more like a vampire and now like a demon because of the upward bent horns
  • Haha, no more Spider-Man Slippers of Agility
  • Warsong Battle Drums could get a custom icon not to look like the Kodo's ability
From the demons (click):
  • The Satyr Soulstealer's icon looks too much like a blood/high elf
  • Voidwalker looks like E.T.
  • Greater Voidwalker looks like an antagonist from Abe's Oddysee; same the Elder one
  • Priests and Sorceresses should have an icon variation each, one for the high elf skin and one for the blood elf skin, meaning one with blue eyes or at least not fel green and one with fel eyes
  • Dragonhawk Riders now have the hawk as their icon and it has green eyes. Was it corrupted :D? Anyways, the same, another high elf version is needed; OK, apparently there's a high elf version with the elf portrait this time
  • Same with the elf workers, Emissary, Archers, Swordsmen
  • Did Medivh have blue eyes?
On the orc icons (click):
  • Funny thing about it is that the green warlocks had green eyes in the original and now have red-orange ones :D Same with the Fel Orc Warlock
  • Similarly with the original Fel Grunt and Fel Orc Rider icons compared to the Reforged ones
  • Fel Kodo Beast, haha. What are Kodos even doing in Outland?
  • It was not quite explained why the Slave Master had red skin. Anyways, the same, the original icon has green eyes unlike the Reforged one :D I am OK with Chaos Orcs being different than Fel ones in the way they are "created" though but then they should be named Chaos and not Fel orcs, these with red eyes
  • The Blademaster of Blackrock Clan has green eyes in both game versions but Chaos Grom doesn't. In Reforged they are red-orange
  • Rexxar has glowing blue eyes now
  • Haha, Thrall is the first known orc with blue eyes although in the original game short films, the eyes are more gray-white
Of the night elves (click):
  • The wisp looks weird now, basically a night elf head, not as ghastly as before
  • The nice thing about the original Archer and Huntress icons was that the first had some paint on the character's eye lids while the Huntress had green lipstick :D Other differences are the new Archer having face tattoos or markings and the Huntress not having the middle part of the helmet over the nose (ah, reserved for Naisha) as well like in the original but it's OK
  • Of course, as before, Hoppogryphs, are well, not quite Warcraft III. Not to mention the animal armour torture again
  • Haha, Hippogryph Riders have protection helemts
  • OK, Wardens should not have fel looking eyes
  • Oh, just realized since I'm seeing blue gems on some night elven helments and gear that could represent the moon, although the colour should be more gray-white like a pearl or something, the high elves should have yellow gems to represent the sun but the current Archer has an emerald on its forehead. Blood elves should have the green to be representative of fel
  • Dryads have green (nature, I guess) eyes but Keepers of the Grove have normal night elf eyes (whiteish)
  • Maiev had green lips, not only green eyes; also, I liked the original helmet more, seemed more feminine; the Reforged one has that big yellow rhomboid part on it and the beak goes lower. But it's taste in the end
  • Finally, Cenarius looks more like a Keeper of the Grove
  • I guess, now, Illidan's eyes can see grateful to the consumption of the Skull of Gul'dan. However, that does not explain why the blindfold is still on
  • Tree of Eternity looks sad
  • The Ancient of Lore has little autumn leaves in there to show
Comments for the night elf abilities (click):
  • Shouldn't the Huntress throw/release the owl to get on top of the tree? Or the owl was already on a branch and was ordered to get up? :D
  • Taunt FX seems to go in reverse. It might be logical but the giant screams not sucks in so it should go outward like in the original judging by the giant's animation
  • Well, the tree should be taken by the giant not another one taken from the tree and then the old one to fall :D
  • The attack with the log needs some work as the farthest part of the log hits the ground far from the target
  • To be frank, you could have used and refined the Warcraft III animations
  • The new Reforged Roar FX is lit
  • Not too keen of the Bear-Human-Bear morph animations
  • I think there needs some work to be done on the Fairy Dragon's Ethereal form/animation
  • An actual tree transformation animation for Force of Nature would be neat
  • Tranquility's FX should be less visibility breaking. I remember writing about this before, actually about all these night elf spells
  • Again, Metamorphosis looks ugly, just a minor reskin of the original Demon Hunter model, nothing special, no more dark foggy demon, no more energy FX on morhp
  • Yeah, the knives are thrown when the Warden gets ready instead of after/when starting to rotate
  • There's something wrong with the Shadow Strike projectile; it seems to look like the overhead FX from the buff
  • Vengeful Spirits and the Avatar of Vengeance should look ghastly not like Mirror Images

Also, I really love how Lunara flips the hair to the sides in Heroes of the Storm. Would be lovely to have that animation for the Reforged Dryad too. But a bit more natural as it looks like a tentacle :D
Lunara - Heroes of the Storm

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Status
Not open for further replies.