• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ah ok, you mean custom games. I am using eu realm as well and oddly enough it states something like "11154 users are playing 5400 games on bnet". So according to these numbers there are quite some games being played, but at least for me its not finding any RT/ladder games (which is one of the reasons why I asked this question, if its just a "local" problem of if others have the same issue)...

I have not much information to melle, sadly. Other people would be more suited to comment on that. Although from what i know a good chunk of the melle community have switched to third party sites, so the amount of players on melle could be quite low.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
What a bunch of crybabies you lot are... The patch just went out and you want everything to be perfect? Give them time, they'll fix these things. Like seriously, I feel sorry for blizz for having such a toxic fanbase. "Gib me everything NOW!"

1. They release a patch which is objecively unfinished
2. They release it on a FRIDAY, which means they wont work on fixes for the two days after. There is a reason the other Blizzard games are patched on Wednesday.
3. The bugs experienced are not small inconvenience, they are game breaking. These sorts of bugs are usually fixed within hours in other titles from Blizzard. I have never experienced a game breaking bug in Diablo 3, Overwatch, Hearthstone, HOTS. I have found some in WoW, but we are talking one bug per month at most.

Explain to me how it is unreasonable to expect a patch to work? many issues have been there for months.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Honestly, the fact some people started accepting the fact that every patch will fix 2-3 thing, but break 10 in turn is quite sad. Why would blizzard even try to make something good if they aren't held accountable for their mistakes and people get yelled at for having standards.

Level 10
Honestly, the fact some people started accepting the fact that every patch will fix 2-3 thing, but break 10 in turn is quite sad. Why would blizzard even try to make something good if they aren't held accountable for their mistakes and people get yelled at for having standards.

I think at the current state it should be fairly obvious that the team working on wc3 is fairly small, which is not bad per se. But on the other hand there is a massive task on their shoulder to bring in the infrastructure to support wc3 reforged with the influx of players within a year, working on a game with coding that has aged quite badly. I mean come on, everything they touch at one point breaks multiple other flanks we have learned over time to work around.

I'm not really hoping for miracles here. They push out the main functions to be added and clean up afterwards. This is at least the trend i see here. But i want to see a working product at some point.

I just think that the whining and jelling doesn't help. Really, in which gaming community did it help? We should aknowledge that it is in its current state broken and need fixing, but devolving in whining and memes simply is contraproductive and helps noone.

And if it sounds that i whiteknight for blizzard, that isn't the case at all. I just keep common sense and point at the missing manpower and the problems that come out of it. And i try to track bugs and help ppl work with them. Honestly, like we always did with the bugs that came up.

Edit: What really grinds my gear, though, is that they seem to have added a prophany filter for names for bnet. Most importantly that it includes the word "Lord". Heck, that nickname is older than some people here...

Last edited:
Level 23
Creating a lobby with these maps that worked on 1.30.1 now makes ppl get instantly kicked, i.e. no1 can join.

Example 1: Rise of Winterchill 0.71m (verified on 2 different machines hosting with no1 being able to join)

e: Or tbh it could be something else. In a 3rd lobby now some people instantly disc, while others can join. :/ Many players seem to experience problems right now.

Last edited:
Level 7
Creating a lobby with these maps that worked on 1.30.1 now makes ppl get instantly kicked, i.e. no1 can join.

Example 1: Rise of Winterchill 0.71m (verified on 2 different machines hosting with no1 being able to join)

e: Or tbh it could be something else. In a 3rd lobby now some people instantly disc, while others can join. :/ Many players seem to experience problems right now.

I have realized something, if people gets instantly kicked, then you decide to start the game with others players, %80 of them desync. I even tried this on frozen throne maps still got the same result. Which makes me believe that it's a server related issue.

Level 14
It's really nice to see native hosting to be back. However problems with joining lobbies still persist, games still desync alot just after starting and require restarts. Matchmaking from what i've seen and heard didnt work either. It must be fixed obviously. As fast as possible but not in rushed manner so other problems arise.
I seen games show up from some people like when i tried to join Azothan during his stream and game disappeared completely once i refreshed and it kept denying entry. What more lots of buttons on bnet got greyed out so i couldnt quit the game without Alt+F4 combination and join the chat or select the game for melee(but button to start the search was active). Same thing is with Battle.net button after launching the game, before it was possible to instantly go to the logon screen now button is greyed out for several seconds after launching for no reason.
Realms in server selection and logon screen lost their names like Northrend, Azeroth and so on for each respective one i dont really see a reason for not having them its better to have both name of the region and these warcraft names for them. Reserving slots for players seems to not work all that well. And there are rumours of mac users causing crashes of entire lobbies, which didnt happen before.

From suggestions....it would be great for us to have option to specify hosting location so it can be optimized for our friends overseas so we have more rounded up ping instead of getting this automatic closest host so they have high ping and we have really low one instead of having moderate one of both sides. A searchbox for maps when hosting them so its easier to find them. And again as before Ingame option to rebind hotkeys. Polish version of the game has R bound to move and loads of maps use R as a bind for very important spells or actions and it's paralyzing to play without the bind. Forcefully unifying them isnt all that good idea since loads of melee players are used to current ones but giving option to comfortabely change them would solve the issue all together. Besides tehre is lots of space for 4th button in option menu in main menu that would be dedicated to "Controls" or Keyboard bidnings.

~El

Level 17

So much this. The game has been becoming progressively more unstable with each patch, repeatedly, patch after patch. Everyone who says "give them time, they will fix things" should reflect back on the history of patches over the last year, and realize, that these issues are not being fixed in a due, timely manner. 1.30.1 has been fairly unstable, and it's been out for 2 months - random desyncs at map start, sound issues, etc. A lot of people thought those things are going to get fixed - but they didn't. Some maps became even more broken. Desyncs are still rampant. And the new hosting system introduced its own slew of issues, and considering their past track record, it's honestly hard to believe these things will be fixed any time soon.

When your game is broken, you don't develop new features, you prioritize fixing bugs, but Classic team is doing the exact opposite of that at the moment.

It's hard to have good faith in developers when they repeatedly break the game more with every patch. This isn't a one-off incident. This is a tendency, and it is unacceptable, and nobody should be taking shit from them for this.

Level 19
I just think that the whining and jelling doesn't help. Really, in which gaming community did it help? We should aknowledge that it is in its current state broken and need fixing, but devolving in whining and memes simply is contraproductive and helps noone.
Oh, let me explain it to you like 5 yo. Whining really useful for community managers to get feedback. Whining helps to point out priorities. If people whine about malfunctioning maps, community manager must pin the task "maps are broken" above all other tasks. If people whine about sound issues community manager must add higher priority to this "sound issues" task. If people do not whine, community manager, as completely unrelated member who does not play this game at all, have no idea which task is important. I bet none of managers ever know what wc3 is beside basic information about it. Thats why whining matters in real, alive games, where company actually trying to go with people rather than with NDAs.

If there would be no whine, Bethesda would go further publishing broken games again and again. And customers would buy it having no clue, because nobody whining but "give them time"-ing. Whine is important when it have solid reason to. And I can't name any non-solid in this thread so far.

Level 10
If there would be no whine, Bethesda would go further publishing broken games again and again. And customers would buy it having no clue, because nobody whining but "give them time"-ing. Whine is important when it have solid reason to. And I can't name any non-solid in this thread so far.

So for one thing, bethesda has brought out broken games and questionable decisions for years already (skyrims paid mods, fallout 4 in general, and now fallout 76, i believe their latest decent game i played was new vegas...) they aknowledged the state of fallout 76 but honestly, i don't think this will change that much. When you community feedback is negative, but insubstantial, you will reach jackshit.

Im not saying " stop whining and wait". I'm saying "Stop whining and formulate proper feedback". There is a difference between someone saying that there is something broken, with absolutely no idea for the why and when, amd someone who point at a mistake with ideas for improvement or a testmap that can be added to a bug tracker.

If this post take overhand, every competent community manager should get the picture (although i dont really know if there is one for the wc3 community at the moment, normally damage control else already had to happen). A community manager that reacts wuickly to incoherent feedback has the tendencies to do things worse, independing when it is about patches orcplayers (look at what is happeming in the dota 2 community now and there are multiple other occasions in the lol and hots community.)

By the way, this is how we got rid of memory hack. A single person proposed an elegamt fix to blizzard in a mail and it got implemented.

In the end, i find the whining immature, insubstantial and ineffective.

Level 19
proper feedback has been constructed monthes ago and never hit the deck. Proper feedback given by "you ignore latest feedback" lines. I believe list of the maps which dont work is also on the table of blizzard. They just dont care.
Lack of reaction from bethesda is a part of whining storm not reaching out very well. Because people blinded by glorious old games kept beliefs and kept preaching "stop whining giff them time" all around. Dont you feel some deja vu about it?
memhack' solution has been provided by the very same guy who found it, so no wonder it's closed with less collateral damage than most of other changes. Because the guy was about the game, not money.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Lord_Earthfire
For customers, thing like size of the team don't really matter. Ours is to let them know if something is wrong if we want it fixed. Complaining is useful in regard that it communicates the scale of the problem I guess, because most people can just do that and understandably don't have the knowledge to give more constructive feedback or suggest solutions.

Let's not forget that the price of Warcraft 3 has been increased by 50% (by 10 euros where I live), but the quality of the game has lowered compared to the pre patching state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Oh, let me explain it to you like 5 yo. Whining really useful for community managers to get feedback. Whining helps to point out priorities. If people whine about malfunctioning maps, community manager must pin the task "maps are broken" above all other tasks. If people whine about sound issues community manager must add higher priority to this "sound issues" task. If people do not whine, community manager, as completely unrelated member who does not play this game at all, have no idea which task is important. I bet none of managers ever know what wc3 is beside basic information about it. Thats why whining matters in real, alive games, where company actually trying to go with people rather than with NDAs.

Pointing out issues does not necessarily have to correlate to whining or threatening to "be at blizzard's porch with a torch". You can describe problems without sounding like a complete crybaby or a doomsayer.

Reactions: Rui

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Problem is, they should not have hurried with the Reforged business (preorder since the USA has laws on the max time before you can hold the game before releasing it) until the game's fundamental issues were all solved.

Reactions: ~El
Level 7
Maps crash to scorescreen because of large amount of data synchronized simulationesly.
Easy way to check it is SyncStoredInteger() in a loop. If you try to synchronize around 280+ int values at once map crashes.

What does this mean? How can I stop this happening on my maps? My Map Lordaeron the Foremath suffers from this now and I have no idea how to fix it :(

You mentioned in an earlier post that you are not having any problems with the latest patch, I think you'd feel very differently if you were experiencing the frustrating problems that most of us are having here.

From a map makers point of view these patches bring a continuous struggle to make your map stable and compatible and every patch seems to break them in new ways. I have even considered giving up map making because of this.

Aside from personal attacks on blizzard employees people have a legitimate right to complain, let them get on with it.

Last edited:
Level 19
Pointing out issues does not necessarily have to correlate to whining or threatening to "be at blizzard's porch with a torch". You can describe problems without sounding like a complete crybaby or a doomsayer.
human normally have some feelings too, they aren't robotic Quality Assurance squad, you know? Not to speak, unpayed squad.

Reactions: Rui
Level 10
You mentioned in an earlier post that you are not having any problems with the latest patch, I think you'd feel very differently if you were experiencing the frustrating problems that most of us are having here.

Not at all, i had to skip around 2 patches up to this point simply because they were too unstable for me. In fact, switching versions and changing language from.german to english corrupted some lines on my project, which i needed to track and first. Now i don't have problens, so i got lucky. And guess what i don't do: cry about it. I pointed out issues and waited, because i got time. I played this game for more than 12 years, saw the custom game scene being crushed due to bots (guess why i was always against the botting services), and now i see the game getting some updates and going through a rough tine. I had the patience to take a break from this game and modding for half a year and play other games, like Rimworld (i can really recommend that game), dwarf fortress and multitude of roguelikes and -lites (many of them are free and i can give out a list, if any
one is interested, but that is offtopic)

Like i said, i want to see a direction and a work in progress, and for as long as this is the case, i don't mind phases in which the game is unplayable for me. The only thing i don't want to see is the game being shelfed in a broken state, in which case i could understand any outrage (i am absolutely salty what Ubisoft did with HoMM 6 and HoMM 7, that is worth community outrage).

For customers, thing like size of the team don't really matter. Ours is to let them know if something is wrong if we want it fixed. Complaining is useful in regard that it communicates the scale of the problem I guess, because most people can just do that and understandably don't have the knowledge to give more constructive feedback or suggest solutions.

You are right about this, and i know that people don't have the knowledge to give any further information, but i think that they have the maturity to keep things civil. I mean, i know this is the internet, and i don't complain about people degenerating to children on reddit, but we are here a fairly small community that has some standards. We should be somewhat better than that.

But i think i will step out of this discussion, because i feel that this is going too much into offtopic. When this discussion comes up in a dedicated topic we can argue more there. I would rather use this thread to hunt for bugs and desynchs and post them here or help people with problems.

Edit: Ugh, just looked, out of curiosity, when i got my wc3 copy. I'm playing this game for more than 12 instead of 7 years now. Now i'm feeling old...

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, we're discussing the patch so you're not going off topic.

Complaining can be civil, it's just that emotions get exaggerated on the internet and imo trying to control that is pointless.

I went back to working on 1.27b pretty early in the patching cycle, so I hope they fixed that dead/unclickable area in the editor. I think it was present both in 1.29 and 1.30.

Level 10
I more or less thought that we are more discussing about our own reactions to the patch rather than the patch itself, so for me at least it feels somewhat offtopic.

Complaining can be civil, it's just that emotions get exaggerated on the internet and imo trying to control that is pointless.

I'm very much aware of that and i know also that there was a time in which sonething like that was tried to acomplish on the hive (zT). But i think talking about that topic has at least improved the tone in which this patch is discussed upon (at least when i look back at the first few pages of this thread).

Which unclickable areas are you talking about exactly? Probably have heard about it, but probably not by this nane (although it seems that on my PC the version is very stable, so dunno if i can replicate that.)

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

One area of the editor that shows the game/map, located next to the minimap was unclickable from top to bottom. It wasn't huge in terms of width though.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Keeper of the Grove
Force of Nature

• Treant damage reduced from 16 to 15
Entangling Roots

• Level 2: Duration reduced from 5 to 4 seconds
  • Level 3: Duration reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
Blizzard, this is inexcusable.

All these years later and still no playable NE? How could this be? Do you hate us? Are you all sitting back in your offices laughing your **** off over how many people bought this UNPLAYABLE game. Hey, I get it; you all have got your moneys for it already and just pumped out the next steaming pile of code for us **** to gobble up so wgaf? But this is why so many people dislike you guys (and Activision) right now. The company that made all those great games in the 90's, 2000's is gone. Replaced with a empty vacuous husk more concerned with pandering down to noisy NE haters than making good games people actually want to play. However,

you don't make games people want to or can even play.

I've been on the fence about direction of balance but this does it. I don't think think I could ever buy another one of your games. And yes I am aware I'm just talking about games here and there are bigger more important thing to be concerned with nowadays, I know. But speaking as an adult, we're out there dealing with those things all week and when we get a little time, some of us like to just chill and escape the real world for bit. Your making that impossible with your products.
upload_2018-12-3_20-9-31.png

One area of the editor that shows the game/map, located next to the minimap was unclickable from top to bottom. It wasn't huge in terms of width though.
I thought I was alone in this. Terrain Editor, left side. About one-sixth of the screen. It's been like that for me since before this patch.

Level 6
As for militia building customized buildings. I guess we haven't experience that bug before. Kam told me that if militia unit doesn't have same buildings then once peasant returns from militia type to peasant again customized buildings just vanish. Today I tested and Militia had the same custom buildings in the buildings list. Then once peasant return to normal state from militia unit type he can build custom buildings and they don't disappear. Its weird maybe that existed since the launch of The Frozen Throne.

Last edited:
Level 5
As for militia building customized buildings. I guess we haven't experience that bug before. Kam told me that if militia unit doesn't have same buildings then once peasant returns from militia type to peasant again customized buildings just vanish. Today I tested and Militia had the same custom buildings in the buildings list. Then once peasant return to normal state from militia unit type he can build custom buildings and they don't disappear. Its wired maybe that existed since launch of The Frozen Throne.
Weird*

Level 6
@Kam there's an important bug: you can join RoC games from TFT and reverse. Then when the game starts everyone gets kicked out cause of desync (which is normal I guess).

Level 5
human normally have some feelings too, they aren't robotic Quality Assurance squad, you know? Not to speak, unpayed squad.
That's not an excuse for being an absolute incarnation of a spoiled entitled child. I'm not saying for you to praise anyone or to feel grateful, but don't go making threats or make yourself look like a whiny kid, that's just pathetic behavior. Try to come across as a rational person and a good member of society, there is literally ZERO need to be rude to anyone, that won't change anything except making your public image worse.

Level 10
So, i did some testing with my currebt project (for the ones interested, look at my signature #ShamelessPlug).

What i found out was that i can host with little to no problems woth an ipv6 only router (with which port forwarding is almost impossible for wc3 to my knowledge), so certainly an improvement.

What i found out though, besides my map brutalizing beginners even on the easiest difficulty, due to harsh multiplayer scaling, was that there are only a small amount of kicking out if players. But what i found was that it got significantly worse after experiencing a desynch or playing a few maps beforehand. That at least concur with people needing to restart wc3 when playing maps. Restarting wc3, at least for me, smoothed stuff out.

Level 10
Ugh, is this really how it is currently running with the NetEase-client (never worked with that client, honestly)? Because that sounds like quite the atrocious, although somewhat in the current version working, solution. I hope that stuff gets fixed in the future patches, im interested how it goes forward.

About this patch i have only 1 thing to say :

The earth is flat :)

Come on guys give Blizzard time it was just the right time to release the patch just before weekend, customs are alive more than ever every map is working great and now pros can play with new comers easier cause they get a 'bonus' lose after 5 hours of search for ladder it is a great way to intruduce new players to the game , ofcourse Blizzard will fix everything 'live' servers are just a test ground you know? 3 months are never enough to implement a patch without huge bugs and look at the brightside now bots that kept the community alive are dead and our 'nonpopular' maps are hosted by ourselves with just one click and believe me in a week our lobbies will fill and then we will got a desync but it is not a problem ofcourse daddy blizz will solve it in 4-5 months :)

For 4-5 months a Russian-Ukranian war will escalate . It may be a cause to WW3 , all around the FLAT EARTH.

But wheter ww3 happends or not , we will have our stable patch with a bit Desyncing from reality.

But thats totally fine cuse Albert Einstein a creator of theory of relativity said reality and real events are in desync.

its ok, that i again cant join so many custom games, and refresh list doesnt work well, cause bright future is upon us.

Cya at Reforged or at blizzcon when blizzard announce new patch to repatch previous patch that is repatch of patch before!

An amazing Charlie Chaplin speech in the song about dictatorship

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm very much aware of that and i know also that there was a time in which sonething like that was tried to acomplish on the hive (zT).
Don't get me triggered. :ab:
It's pretty easy to discard anyone's opinion based on «you're being emotional». It so happens that emotion is part of life. Go figure, it even plays a role in rational decisions, and it's nothing less than the driving force of human culture. A significant part of morality has to do with your attitude towards others' emotions.

Now, if your telecommunications provider tells you he's delivering a significant improvement to your installation, then suddenly you find yourself without TV or Internet for months on end, you'll be pissed off, and rightly so. It's an emotion, a predictable one, and despite the good intentions of your provider, it's also a reasonable reaction. Between a service of median quality and no service, most will prefer the first. Your expectations of improvement were damned, for one, and you also lost what you had.

We all know Warcraft III has been needy of improvements. Still, it was a stable and pretty much finished game, even with all the knots necessary to achieve certain goals. Then people were promised worlds, and now they don't even have a working product anymore. Worst case scenario, they'll have it working only 1 year from now. At this rate, even that isn't certain. So they are complaining, and it's pretty understandable where they're coming from.

I'm in the clear on what emotions are concerned on this one: my time for Warcraft III or anything else has been extremely limited, for years now, and I've stuck with 1.27 since the beginning, for the few hours I dedicate to the World Editor. For me, any annoyance felt stems from two old problems: one, lack of communication; second, lack of proper communication when the former does not fall short. Also, a company as big cannot get their hands on a reasonable amount of setups for patch assessing before deployment? Or, at least, establish cooperation with a few users for the same effect? If this isn't possible, I'd feel enlightened to know why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.