1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    human normally have some feelings too, they aren't robotic Quality Assurance squad, you know? Not to speak, unpayed squad.

2. anufis

anufis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess we wait for blizzard's hotfix.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe that's the issue, the melting?

4. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not at all, i had to skip around 2 patches up to this point simply because they were too unstable for me. In fact, switching versions and changing language from.german to english corrupted some lines on my project, which i needed to track and first. Now i don't have problens, so i got lucky. And guess what i don't do: cry about it. I pointed out issues and waited, because i got time. I played this game for more than 12 years, saw the custom game scene being crushed due to bots (guess why i was always against the botting services), and now i see the game getting some updates and going through a rough tine. I had the patience to take a break from this game and modding for half a year and play other games, like Rimworld (i can really recommend that game), dwarf fortress and multitude of roguelikes and -lites (many of them are free and i can give out a list, if any
    one is interested, but that is offtopic)

Like i said, i want to see a direction and a work in progress, and for as long as this is the case, i don't mind phases in which the game is unplayable for me. The only thing i don't want to see is the game being shelfed in a broken state, in which case i could understand any outrage (i am absolutely salty what Ubisoft did with HoMM 6 and HoMM 7, that is worth community outrage).

You are right about this, and i know that people don't have the knowledge to give any further information, but i think that they have the maturity to keep things civil. I mean, i know this is the internet, and i don't complain about people degenerating to children on reddit, but we are here a fairly small community that has some standards. We should be somewhat better than that.

But i think i will step out of this discussion, because i feel that this is going too much into offtopic. When this discussion comes up in a dedicated topic we can argue more there. I would rather use this thread to hunt for bugs and desynchs and post them here or help people with problems.

Edit: Ugh, just looked, out of curiosity, when i got my wc3 copy. I'm playing this game for more than 12 instead of 7 years now. Now i'm feeling old...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. Well, we're discussing the patch so you're not going off topic.

Complaining can be civil, it's just that emotions get exaggerated on the internet and imo trying to control that is pointless.

I went back to working on 1.27b pretty early in the patching cycle, so I hope they fixed that dead/unclickable area in the editor. I think it was present both in 1.29 and 1.30.

6. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I more or less thought that we are more discussing about our own reactions to the patch rather than the patch itself, so for me at least it feels somewhat offtopic.

I'm very much aware of that and i know also that there was a time in which sonething like that was tried to acomplish on the hive (zT). But i think talking about that topic has at least improved the tone in which this patch is discussed upon (at least when i look back at the first few pages of this thread).

Which unclickable areas are you talking about exactly? Probably have heard about it, but probably not by this nane (although it seems that on my PC the version is very stable, so dunno if i can replicate that.)

7. One area of the editor that shows the game/map, located next to the minimap was unclickable from top to bottom. It wasn't huge in terms of width though.

8. Blizzard, this is inexcusable.

All these years later and still no playable NE? How could this be? Do you hate us? Are you all sitting back in your offices laughing your **** off over how many people bought this UNPLAYABLE game. Hey, I get it; you all have got your moneys for it already and just pumped out the next steaming pile of code for us **** to gobble up so wgaf? But this is why so many people dislike you guys (and Activision) right now. The company that made all those great games in the 90's, 2000's is gone. Replaced with a empty vacuous husk more concerned with pandering down to noisy NE haters than making good games people actually want to play. However,

you don't make games people want to or can even play.

I've been on the fence about direction of balance but this does it. I don't think think I could ever buy another one of your games. And yes I am aware I'm just talking about games here and there are bigger more important thing to be concerned with nowadays, I know. But speaking as an adult, we're out there dealing with those things all week and when we get a little time, some of us like to just chill and escape the real world for bit. Your making that impossible with your products.
    rip wc3
    upload_2018-12-3_20-9-31.png

9. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I thought I was alone in this. Terrain Editor, left side. About one-sixth of the screen. It's been like that for me since before this patch.

10. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    As for militia building customized buildings. I guess we haven't experience that bug before. Kam told me that if militia unit doesn't have same buildings then once peasant returns from militia type to peasant again customized buildings just vanish. Today I tested and Militia had the same custom buildings in the buildings list. Then once peasant return to normal state from militia unit type he can build custom buildings and they don't disappear. Its weird maybe that existed since the launch of The Frozen Throne.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  11. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird*

12. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    ay thanks for the correction. Learning English from cheap google translator is not good enough I agree. Long live Edit button :)

13. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Kam there's an important bug: you can join RoC games from TFT and reverse. Then when the game starts everyone gets kicked out cause of desync (which is normal I guess).

14. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's not an excuse for being an absolute incarnation of a spoiled entitled child. I'm not saying for you to praise anyone or to feel grateful, but don't go making threats or make yourself look like a whiny kid, that's just pathetic behavior. Try to come across as a rational person and a good member of society, there is literally ZERO need to be rude to anyone, that won't change anything except making your public image worse.

15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Guess what, majority of people are childs and you will have bad time if you don't know that

16. Jocker

Jocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    If possible maybe add a feature to see which games are hosted while in a lobby for one? Of course, after most of the bugs are fixed.

17. jainaproudmore

jainaproudmore

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Is there a way to start wc3 like I really can't start it no matter if I use it administrator or not, it always crashes when I start to open wc3.

18. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quality of life improvement, right here!

19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So, i did some testing with my currebt project (for the ones interested, look at my signature #ShamelessPlug).

What i found out was that i can host with little to no problems woth an ipv6 only router (with which port forwarding is almost impossible for wc3 to my knowledge), so certainly an improvement.

What i found out though, besides my map brutalizing beginners even on the easiest difficulty, due to harsh multiplayer scaling, was that there are only a small amount of kicking out if players. But what i found was that it got significantly worse after experiencing a desynch or playing a few maps beforehand. That at least concur with people needing to restart wc3 when playing maps. Restarting wc3, at least for me, smoothed stuff out.

20. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting @Lord_Earthfire, perhaps something like NetEase did?

Every time the client finishes the game, force a restart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.