• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
War Modding is dead.

@Kam, Wouldn't can you say to the Blizzard to they'll make the opportunity on including of the own archives for the modding, For example: myMod.mpq in the folder "Mods", in that we'll can be to keep a files large size for our maps. Because a maps can often updated, but once again nobody want not a downloading the. maps with large size is more than 16-32 mb.
I don't like a casc.

PS: Sorry for my english.

Level 4
[World Editor] Movement based triggers function

I'm overwhelmingly interested to know more about this. Are we finally getting a native mouselook function? Could someone elaborate please?

EDIT: Somehow the loading screens have potato quality again, as in pre-1.29 game.

Last edited:
But it wil kill modemaking also.

I doubt it. Tools can adapt to CASC. MPQs can be rebuilt from CASC to support legacy tools and based on some things I have found I think Blizzard is planning to implement a plugin system for the World Editor. Not to mention @MindWorX is adding new features to the editor and we already have JassHelper integrated natively. This is better than a 3rd party editor that users have to download. Now everyone can use vJass systems with the vanilla editor, and it looks like this is just the beginning.

We also have @eejin who is developing HiveWE which will be more flexible than any editor hacks.

It may kill some things like debuggers which sucks, but there were never any proper ones to begin with.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I downloaded 1.30 and my modified default models seem to work just fine.
I did not change anything, it just remained from 1.29
2e8af010a4ab133b2408d9d511676105.jpg

So I am pretty sure triggerdata should be no different. I just have my models and whatnot in the folder as usual

Level 2
I doubt it. Tools can adapt to CASC. MPQs can be rebuilt from CASC to support legacy tools and based on some things I have found I think Blizzard is planning to implement a plugin system for the World Editor. Not to mention @MindWorX is adding new features to the editor and we already have JassHelper integrated natively. This is better than a 3rd party editor that users have to download. Now everyone can use vJass systems with the vanilla editor, and it looks like this is just the beginning.

We also have @eejin who is developing HiveWE which will be more flexible than any editor hacks.

It may kill some things like debuggers which sucks, but there were never any proper ones to begin with.
And what about custom plugins? WEX gives an opportunity to make your own ones. We won't get this benefit natively. For example, cjass won't be implemented, because people on hive don't use it, but it's very important for XGM community - for people from CIS.

And what about custom plugins? WEX gives an opportunity to make your own ones. We won't get this benefit natively. For example, cjass won't be implemented, because people on hive don't use it, but it's very important for XGM community - for people from CIS.

I just wrote (in the post you quoted) that it looks like they are planning a plugin system for the World Editor.

Level 6
Was the release of 1.30 that urgent? It's cristal clear it wasn't ready (once again).

I just can't play at all, I'm having mouse delay + ladder delay + weird sounds.

OpenGL doesn't work and neither it does nativefullscreen.

Level 11
I downloaded 1.30 and my modified default models seem to work just fine.
I did not change anything, it just remained from 1.29
2e8af010a4ab133b2408d9d511676105.jpg

So I am pretty sure triggerdata should be no different. I just have my models and whatnot in the folder as usual

WOW! They looks sooooo beautiful! :O I would love to see them as new default models in the game. :)

All in all the 1.30 Path looks like it will not be the last patch in a long while which makes me very happy. :)

My biggest question though: Are there any plans on porting the game officially to Linux? I would love to create, test and play WC3 maps on my preferred system ... without the need of third party programs like Wine.

WOW! They looks sooooo beautiful! :O I would love to see them as new default models in the game. :)

All in all the 1.30 Path looks like it will not be the last patch in a long while which makes me very happy. :)

My biggest question though: Are there any plans on porting the game officially to Linux? I would love to create, test and play WC3 maps on my preferred system ... without the need of third party programs like Wine.

It's unlikely WC3 is going to be ported to Linux. Blizzard even dropped support for the World Editor under Mac OSX. The game usually runs well under wine, but I did have some trouble with 1.30.

Level 1
I also would like to add this....new update caused problem to me, as a windows xp user( in fact, update didn't completed at all, so im out of warcraft).I think, someone's got to consider this... there are millions of users who are using previous versions of windows, so they all would have the same, major problem...
Just consider, how many people, are still using windows xp, or older versions of windows

Desktop Windows Version Market Share China | StatCounter Global Stats

Last edited:
Level 21
Exciting news, testing some MMH games later.

stacking buffs... mhhhh that's something we needed ages ago! time for extended testing

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I also would like to add this....new update caused problem to me, as a windows xp user( in fact, update didn't completed at all, so im out of warcraft).I think, someone's got to consider this... there are millions of users who are using previous versions of windows, so they all would have the same, major problem...
Just consider, how many people, are still using windows xp, or older versions of windows

Microsoft has officially dropped support for windows XP, it is not wise to support such platforms.
Security being the main issue, security will not be fixed for XP which can impact the games being playing on that OS, potentially.

Level 2
I just wrote (in the post you quoted) that it looks like they are planning a plugin system for the World Editor.
But it's about time and it isn't proven, because Blizzard may have another plans for Warcraft 3. Why do they want to deprive us of modern and useful tools for modemaking? Improving standard WE it's a reinvent the wheel, which will take a lot of time (since releases of patches 1.28+ we have only vJass compiler and we don't know how much time it will take for implementing other features).

Level 2
Microsoft has officially dropped support for windows XP, it is not wise to support such platforms.
Security being the main issue, security will not be fixed for XP which can impact the games being playing on that OS, potentially.

According to the promo video of 1.27 posted above, the commitment of Chinese Warcraft III seems to have played a key role in re-initiating the development of the game.

In 2017, Windows XP had the same market share (15-20%) as Windows 10 in China:

Even after the hotfix, some custom maps seem to crash silently during loading without any crash reports.

Here is an example of a very popular map:
DotA 6.85n

The map had been fully playable until yesterday.

Interesting enough the crash doesn't happen for me in OSX. It only crashes on Windows. It may be related to the graphics API in some way (OSX might use opengl or metal), but the graphicsapi flag seems to only causes crashes / white screen now.

EDIT: or the sound provider

Last edited:
Level 18

Time to upgrade dude, even Microsoft dropped support for Windows XP, while should Blizzard? It's full of security flaws, and it makes developing the updates much harder as they need to add compatibility for it, at least upgrade to 7 which runs on a toaster.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Time to upgrade dude, even Microsoft dropped support for Windows XP, while should Blizzard? It's full of security flaws, and it makes developing the updates much harder as they need to add compatibility for it, at least upgrade to 7 which runs on a toaster.
Microsoft dropped mainstream and extended support for Windows XP in 2014, *except* for the round of security patches from June / July 2017 (which also applied to other EoL OS versions like Windows Vista or Windows 8.0)

POSReady 2009 versions of Windows XP are still fully supported and patched by Microsoft until 2019 via Windows/Microsoft Update.

Additional info here:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/

[...] at least upgrade to 7 which runs on a toaster.
The system requirements for Windows 7 are the same as the ones for Vista, but both are way higher than the ones for Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Better buy a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Last edited:
Level 1
Microsoft dropped *mainstream* support for Windows XP in 2014, except for the round of security patches from June / July 2017 (which also applied to other EoL OS versions like Windows Vista or Windows 8.0)

POSReady 2009 versions of Windows XP are still fully supported and patched by Microsoft until 2019.

Additional info here:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/

The system requirements for Windows 7 are the same as the ones for Vista, but both are way higher than the ones for Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Better buy a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.

This is not, just about me...Ok, maybe i will upgrade my OS, since i am a regular user of blizzard products.
But there other, millions of users(especially on eastern Asia) who are using old versions of windows (due to old pc's).What about them?
Maybe Microsoft doesn't care about it(after all, lots of people are using cracked versions of Microsoft programs so they dont get any of it), but is Blizzard willing to lose customers for the same reasons?

Here you can have it :) Warcraft: Rebirth Fourth Release file

Level 25
You can technically have 16 cliff type, same as ground types. However, the cliff texture paths are constant, and will always point to ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\cliff0.blp and cliff1.blp. So long as that doesn't change, having more cliffs will just result in weird texture usage.
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know that. Would still be useful if you could use more than two different cliff textures.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] But there other, millions of users(especially on eastern Asia) who are using old versions of windows (due to old pc's).What about them? [...]
They use older versions of Warcraft 3, and maybe they also visit the forums on MSFN.org?
https://msfn.org/board/forum/95-microsoft-software-products/

I am pointing out that Win9x/ME/2000 support for Warcraft 3 was also dropped silently at least two years ago. Now, where are the outcries of indignation, I wonder...

It is unclear to me how Windows XP users can update Warcraft 3 to the latest version which used to be supported for this OS (officially v1.29.0 afaik).

[...] Maybe Microsoft doesn't care about it(after all, lots of people are using cracked versions of Microsoft programs so they dont get any of it), but is Blizzard willing to lose customers for the same reasons?
As I said previously, Microsoft released security patches/hotfixes for versions of Windows which had officially reached EoL, starting from Windows XP onwards in June/July 2017. And again, the POSReady 2009 version of Windows XP is still officially supported by Microsoft in 2018. Therefore, Microsoft still cares. They even added TLS 1.1/1.2 support in the POSReady 2009 version of Windows XP (with a reduced set of ciphers currently afaik).

The security Hotfixes for unsupported OSes from one year ago can be downloaded from here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...advisory-4025685-guidance-for-older-platforms

Updating the system Root Certificates (useful for IE/Chrome) as well as disabling SSL, are also good ideas to make Windows XP more secure, among other things.

Last edited:
Level 2
What a confusing wording of bug fixes.

Bug fixes:
Sound continues to play when game is minimized

It DOES play when game is minimized now. It shouldn't play. Is this a new intented behaviour?

Bug fixes:
Matchmaking sound notification plays correctly

It always played during the loading screen before.

Now it plays after you've loaded into the game. Is this also a new intented behaviour?

Level 1
    • dear blizzard and hive
      I wanted to express my point of view and perhaps many of us who are playing at mymgn in the new edition. in general, the upgrading of the edition was good, but some problems arose. some of them are that we can not play the new maps e.g (DotA 6.85n) which was playing a lot because we accept disconnect to the map load. then please be able to correct the version to get gproxy. many players may stop playing because gproxy have helped us a lot with pluggin and we could do recconect.
    • Thanks in advance
      With my dear bl4ckrider

Last edited:
Level 11
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have a small request to add to all the incoming updates.

Unit attachments with team color are always red, no matter what player color you are. Only way to fix it is by toggling Set Ally Color Mode button next to minimap or Alt + A … It would be great if TC was proper for each player's unit attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.