• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Blizzard has released the patch log for Patch 1.22!

[email protected] forums (Blizzard Representitive) said:
Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

Sadly the testing of the patch was cancelled, due to problems (was supposed to be on April 1st). Keep an eye out at http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-general&t=1877805&s=new&tmp=1#new , and be sure to test it (when they fix the problem).

Patch 1.22b will follow shortly after this patch, and rather aiming at balancing, its aimed at battle.net itself.

Level 22
No way! I'm at work and what do I see early morning?

Nice, knights can now kick the damn fiends ass. Less cooldown and more dmg. But more importantly - go, go towers!
-ud: 20 seconds less buildiing of Necro, no big deal. Though zig's armor change.... too big increase.
-elves: GG I kill dryads and my heroes get higher ;>

Has it been released or these are the changes expected when they release it? Also are they gonna keep these race changes? Hope they don't change anything and the rest is indeed AMM/Bnet/Laddering changes.

Last edited:
Level 22
- Auto-save replays, ok, no need though.

- I'd rather use the Alt for showing HP bar instead of having bars all the time, they confuse when shown all the time.

- save the obs from mass signals, hahah

- we won't be able to use 1 staff from one hero to another? That's skill to be able to transfer the staff during a battle and save another unit fast. That really, really sucks.... Knights die so quickly vs ud, no save knights = lose. On the other hand, the strat vs ud will be tier 3, so I wanna see what they're gonna do with those fiends. Yet, what the hell, you tp one knight and your hero gets nuked, so you use holy light on heroes, then how the heck are we supposed to save knights from dests? Not to say I loved the staff micro. They must fix the cooldown to be none from one hero to another, as if using the staff 2 or 3 times can save all of your units. After 3 units tp you don't feed, then you can be ready to tp again. 1 use ...

New maps.. I thumb now all possible and I only play EI, TS, TR, TM, LT, PhatnomGrove, GW, so I don't care about new maps, the rest are shit maps.

Looking forward to test it, though.

Last edited:
Level 7
Nothing good done to night elf .... reduced damage from orb + more experience 4 dryads, yes that will help me alot -_-

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Knights are the crappiest heavy melee units in Warcraft III, yet they are ok for a race that can slow down enemies and mass heal/buff their units, not to mention the increased source of mana.
Also, I can't believe Cold (frost wyrm attack, frost nova, etc) isn't being nerfed. In my opinion cold needs at least a slight nerf of 5% to 10% Attack/Move speed.

But yeah this could be just an april fools joke, yet if it was the Blizzard site would have probably announced it by now. I'm gonna check...

Level 19
Knights are the crappiest heavy melee units in Warcraft III, yet they are ok for a race that can slow down enemies and mass heal/buff their units, not to mention the increased source of mana.
Also, I can't believe Cold (frost wyrm attack, frost nova, etc) isn't being nerfed. In my opinion cold needs at least a slight nerf of 5% to 10% Attack/Move speed.

But yeah this could be just an april fools joke, yet if it was the Blizzard site would have probably announced it by now. I'm gonna check...

I hope this is an april fool,
and that the patch includes much more then the crap they said.

Although,
Knights are stronger then you think.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Was the "I hope this is an april fool" for my post?
Before we begin an argument, I'd like to explain: I was saying Knights were ok for the race they are in.
And I trust my words when I said that Knights were the crappiest Heavy Melee. Bear Form Druids of the Claw, Abominations and Tauren, they are all stronger than Knights.
Even Mountain Giants are probably stronger than them, but that's a different matter.

Also, what is wrong with wanting a nerf on Undead's Cold effect? I didn't say I wanted a nerf as someone who usually plays against UD, but as someone who is also an Undead race player.
Undead have an air unit that can slow down enemies' attack and move speed in AoE for free every 3 seconds or so. Not to mention the ability to destroy buffs with air units and create unlimited units relatively very fast.

Level 19
Ye okay,
countering is possible.
Now, it appears the map is not an april joke.
It can be tested at the westfall's realm.
WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY

Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

Not even worth to be there.
Now the undead their base is even stronger,
what a joke -_-

Level 22
I can say fu Blizzard for the Knights buff and I'm Human. I want to see Knights Armor + 2 as they die like shit, not that stupid increased dmg or cooldown. Like I care they can attack a little more when they need to be saved when staff has cooldown now and all you can save is 1 unit with staff. Stupid change. I'm on to testing the new patch.

Level 19
I can say fu Blizzard for the Knights buff and I'm Human. I want to see Knights Armor + 2 as they die like shit, not that stupid increased dmg or cooldown. Like I care they can attack a little more when they need to be saved when staff has cooldown now and all you can save is 1 unit with staff. Stupid change. I'm on to testing the new patch.

Three heroes, three staffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.