• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged: Exodus of the Horde

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

WARCRAFT III RE-REFORGED (RR)
PROLOGUE CAMPAIGN
EXODUS OF THE HORDE

This project truly captured what was intended for the Reforged campaign
Kam - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Reforged Campaign Designer
InsaneMonster did what Blizzard now find's impossible. Created something out of love for the original game and honored its memory
DesignerDave - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Classic Game Designer

FEATURES

• Actually remastered in-game cinematics, with angles, interface and style closely matching the ones shown at Blizzcon 2018
  • Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful, easy to navigate terrain, modernized gameplay, redesigned quests and more meaningful events, often influencing following maps in interesting ways
  • Detailed and expanded lore, with a completely new interlude and epilogue, fleshed out characters and interactions, with many references from World of Warcraft
  • Rebalanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging to each player, with completely new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinguishable personality
  • Multiple languages supported, including some voice acting for the additional dialogues, and all graphics mods compatible
  • New, lore accurate secrets and much much more... only waiting for you to play!

PROJECT'S SUBFORUM

FAQ <-- CLICK HERE FOR INSTALL INFO
  • IS THERE ANY COPYRIGHTED CUSTOM MUSIC IN THE CAMPAIGN?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
  • ARE HEROES LIKE IN THE VANILLA CAMPAIGN?
    Heroes abilities are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and only hero of the campaign is Thrall, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your hero needs to be personally involved to gain experience and a lot of killing is usually required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come in really handy, so make sure to search for them!
  • WHAT ABOUT THE TUTORIAL?
    The tutorial is expanded and improved in many ways, beside the fact that it is now fully skippable. While keeping the same core, the tutorial is more explicative of the game mechanics and more interactive. It also features more hints and a bunch of useful optimizations to its triggers. Moreover, the tutorial is now streched along the entire campaign. In other words, you can choose to play or not to play the tutorials on the first and second map and if you do play them, some additional hints and information will be displayed in following missions too. If you skip the tutorials, simpler hints will be displayed like in regular campaigns. If you know how to play I do recommend skipping the tutorial for a more immersive and overall enjoyable experience.
  • WHAT ARE THE INTERLUDE AND THE EPILOGUE FOR?
    They integrate the story. Specifically, the interlude describes the chase of the stolen ships by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's fleet and the shipwreck caused by the storm near the Maelstrom, as seen by Sen'Jin during its vision. It shows the arrival of the orcs on Darkspear Island and the reason why humans are there, too. The epilogue shows instead the Horde sailing to Kalimdor while something sinister happens in Lordaeron...
  • ARE THERE ANY KNOWN ISSUES?
    Not many, but I will list the few you might encounter:
    1. Opening the codex dialog while a cinematic is starting might have some weird effects on some cinematics. This is because the system I use to pause the game when the codex is opened just emulates Blizzard natives, which I can't use since that logic is hidden underneath the game engine. I will check if there is a way to prevent this, but it's very weird and low priority, so I can't promise on when it will be done. Don't report this bug to me because it's not really a bug, but just a very rare unintented behaviour that can be avoided very easily.
    2. Difficulty might not be retained between missions. Use the cheat code "howhard" to display the difficulty level of current mission. If it's not what you expect, just quit mission, select the new difficulty and then load it up again. Blizzard should have fixed this by now, but in case it happens again, you know how to deal with it.
    3. Sometimes facial animations of characters might stop working (partially or entirely). Usually restarting the game and reloading the map should fix the issue. It's also been noticed that facial animations tends to break more when alt-tabbing. This is due to Blizzard code, I can't fix it. If anyone knows a workaround, just let me know.
    4. In some locales, loading screen crest might be smaller or not fully centered. This is due to a bug in how the game client handles the loading screen crest, whose partially depends on the amount of text in the loading screen.
    5. If you reload a saved game, the crest might appear of the wrong race. Again, this is a Reforged issue, tell Blizzard about it.
    6. Some crashes might happen due to unpredictable circumstances. Just deal with them. It's not Re-Reforged, it's the game client.
    7. If the game crashes often, make sure to check your graphics settings, for Re-Reforged might be a bit heavier than vanilla Warcraft 3 Reforged:
      1. Reduce graphics quality in settings (make sure to not open options from in-game because, in rare cases, it could freeze the game);
      2. Set game to fullscreen mode;
      3. Close all other applications you can close, to reduce RAM and GPU usages.

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Note: a greyed out flag means the translation is current in progress, so not yet completed for all missions or just missing some parts.

SHOWCASES

Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.

CREDITS

About me

Custom assets

Custom systems

Voice actors

Translators

Acknowledgements

Patrons Hall of Fame

My name is Luca Pasqualini and I'm an italian software engineer and teacher. I was a researcher with a PhD in AI. I love developing games in my spare time.

I have partecipated to the Rock The Cabinet 2017: Co-op edition contest for Starcraft 2 and my map, Mercenary Business made it to the top 10.

I was hyped beyond any imagination for Warcraft 3: Reforged, and while the disappointment was there, I saw great potential in the art assets and in the few but key changes Blizzard made to the engine. Mostly for fun, I tried re-reforging the first map of the prologue with better cinematics and now... well, now here we are. I guess it's already been a long journey, and I am really excited of what's still ahead!

The following list is a definitely not comprehensive list of assets used in some form that you can find on Hive Workshop.
In general, many models are built specifically for Re-Reforged and you can extract them and use them so long you give credits. Many of the following models have also been edited/improved to better work within the Re-Reforged ecosystem. Let me know if you see some assets (models, textures, icons...) in the campaign that are available on this website in some form and that are not credited here, I'll immediately add them in the list and give proper credits to their authors.

All the model designed for Re-Reforged are made by Mr. Ogre Man (main modeler) and Furgrim (fixer and animator).
All the icons designed for Re-Reforged are made by Handclaw. The amazing loading screens are made by Dagren

• LOA imtotallynotmute (english), Kentel (italian), Warglaive (spanish, europe), Lilmunsta (spanish, latino), Alexlei Negodaev (russian), 杰 (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Akim Belkeir a.k.a "Shunrik" (french)
  • ACOLYTE ShadiHD (english), Alessandro "Dagren" Monti (italian), Warglaive (spanish, europe), Lilmunsta (spanish, latino), Feivurey (russian), 小白狮 (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Alexandre Faller aka Ehlesgens (french)

• ITALIAN Luca Pasqualini
  • RUSSIAN Buffalo
  • SPANISH Serena H.
  • LATINO Serena H.
  • FRENCH Alexandre Faller a.k.a Ehlesgens
  • GERMAN MicRaving
  • POLISH Patryk „Dark Mefisto” Ośka
  • CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) 正电子海, 蓝蓝子, 斯美拉琪海露, 奥丁信徒, Eddy

• AlexMSimenov for most early no-glow hero models.
  • loktar for the classic sound files in the second mission Departures. It was beautiful while it lasted... thanks!
  • DracoDirik for the overall support and beta-testing!
  • Tamplier777 for the insightful discussions about the World Editor, the overall help and beta-testing.
  • Zenmaster for the insightful discussions about the lore of Warcraft and the overall help.
  • Barorque for overall help and beta-testing.
  • ShadiHD for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Retera for making Retera Model Studio.
  • PaulH for beta-testing and the help on the lore and codex.
  • Serena H. for beta-testing.
  • Mr Ogre Man for his help with the models.
  • Knall for beta-testing and the collectible scrolls idea.
  • Spooki for overall help with the codex.
  • Zorrot for his help with the chinese community.
  • Warglaive for recording footage with graphics mods for the trailer.

For a comprehensive list of all the supporters, check out this page!

You all are amazing, thank you for your support!

CHANGELOG

03/07/2020

03/09/2020

05/03/2020

06/17/2020

09/19/2020

09/23/2020

01/07/2021

01/21/2021

02/12/2021

02/24/2021

08/19/2021

01/15/2022

01/30/2022

02/11/2022

05/06/2022

12/10/2022

12/11/2022

04/04/2023

04/05/2023

06/26/2023

07/14/2023

12/23/2023

• Released Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.0]

• Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.1]:
    - All creep camps now wake up when huts are attacked (if sleeping)
    - All creep camps spawn on harder difficulties is now bounded to the existance of the spawning hut
    - All creep camps spawn huts will immediately spawn their reinforcement if the relative hut is attacked
    - Improved the Sleeping Ogre camp
    - Fixed a bug which may cause the last cinematic to hang if a previous cutscene was skipped
    - Cleaned some triggers and removed some useless one

• Released Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.2]:
    - The tutorial is now optional and can be skipped with an appropriate dialog (no story content is lost if the tutorial is not played)
    - Added footsteps sounds during cinematics to all units
    - Increased the number of animated tree (thanks to additional trigger optimization)
    - Improved sounds variety and quality both during gameplay and during cinematics
    - Added visual effects to Medivh while morphing
    - Added lighting effects during cutscenes
    - Improved a bit the terrain
    - Improved tutorial in some points (with optimizations and additional indicators)
    - Added lore "hints" to display additional info about the Warcraft lore during the game
    - The ogre now has some personality and is quite of a challenge
    - Added a shaman and a war mill to the orc encampment for additional variety

• Released Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.1]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - No more Hellscream™
    - Some little improvements to sounds, timings and overall terrain
    - Fixed some typos
    - Fixed some pathing issues
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.3]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - Fixed some typos

• Released Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.1]:
    - Improved terrain with a lot of small but important tweaks
    - Added custom models to Sen'Jin and Kul Tiras forces
    - Added scene showing the humans attacking the trolls
    - Now Nazgrel is the only raider in Thrall's group
    - Made it clear it is Sen'Jin vision all along
    - Other fixes and minor modifications according to the critiques I recieved when it was first released
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.2]:
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added a Gnoll lore hint
    - Improved cutscenes with custom models and small fixes
    - Added a specific Warsong grunt model
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Fixed some more typos
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.4]:
    - Now Thrall leaves its tent on foot
    - Snowsong is a thing now
    - Added more sounds to the Horde's camp during the cinematic to make it fell more alive
    - Improved all the cinematics with small but important tweaks
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added an appropriate Ogre Mound to the sleeping ogre
    - Now the hidden potion secret is a much more appropriate Circle of Binding secret, summoning the potion

• Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0.1]:
    - Fixed a tree trunk on the way of a shaman to appease MasterBlaster OCD
    - Fixed some bugs with the trigger queue in the third cinematic (Healed Fountain), where queue was not cleared and the fountain itself was not healed if the cinematics was skipped

Note: this release represent the final release of the campaign, because of that the update is quite heavy on changes to pre-existing maps.

• Released Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the overall design of the mission and the stability of it
    - Included the tutorial and cache to preserve game state
    - Reworked cinematics to look actually like Blizzcon 2018
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.2]:
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.3]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.5]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Now the ogre and the trolls have more personality
    - Added localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.1]:
    - Music timings are now compatible with all localizations
    - Fixed a small bug in the spanish localization
    - Added WarCraft font for russian final text
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.1]:
    - Improved general mission balance
    - Fixed an issue that could cause enemy base to aggro on the player
    - Fixed an issue that could cause Zar'jira taunts to be in the wrong order
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.1]:
    - Reworked Snowsong section to be more engaging
    - Fixed some pathing issues
    - Fixed a bug on normal and easy difficulty that prevent a Tome Wraith from spawning
    - Increased a bit the difficulty of the "Dagon spawn" section of the boss fight
    - Fixed some display issues for spanish localization
    - Fixed some glaring bugs for russian localization
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.2]:
    - Moved a troll in the third village so that a crate can now be accessed
    - Fixed a display bug in the trolls' villages counter
    - Fixed italian, spanish and russian localization about the trolls' villages counter
    - Added french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.3]:
    - Updated french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed an hint about building a second barracks displaying when you already had a second barracks
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.6]:
    - Improved a bit the last camera on the final cinematic
    - Some small performance improvements in the Horde's base cinematic
    - Intro text has now proper russian WarCraft font
    - Fixed a small typo in the spanish intro text
    - Added german localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.2]:
    - Improved Kel'Thuzad animations a little bit
    - Improved russian localization
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.3]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.5]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added german localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.7]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added polish localization

Note: french translation, while made for all missions, is not fully tested, not voiced and has no codex entry for the majority of the mission. Thus, it's still in progress.
Also, note that on the map description in the custom games menu the wrong version is displayed. I've dropped versioning on the map description for the future and I will remove each one of them for the next update (it's long and I had to time in this update). To find out the map version, check the trigger editor of the map.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.3]:
    - Added chinese (simplified) localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed layout of trees around fountain to avoid units to get stuck
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.6]:
    - Adjusted Hellscream head angle during cinematics
    - Improved human base decorations
    - Made the children invulnerable
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.8]:
    - Fixed a typo in the english Forest Trolls codex

Note: this update features quite a lot of bug fixes with respect to localizations (typos, inconsistencies, some missing localization, etc), english included. Beside that, I also did an optimization pass. Technically speaking, all maps now runs on native lua and are fully leak free. I also optimized many triggers by enabling them only when needed in order to get a bit of performance back. This may be successful or not, always consider though that the high quantity of HD assets on screen (especially during cinematics) will always be taxing for any PC.
This update also features improved facial expression through all cinematics. Let me know what you think of it. While subtle, it can be noticed mostly by looking at the eyes movements of the characters while speaking.
You an also expect minor fixes through all the maps, even if not listed down below.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.4]:
    - Finished french localization
    - Finished german localization
    - Finished polish localization
    - Added spanish (latin america) localization
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Andhoral
    - Improved a bit cutscenes animations
    - Fixed Kel'thuzad particle effect to be green
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.4]:
    - Added system to auto target certain neutral buildings (e.g. creep camps)
    - Fixed a bug on the Kul Tiras base preventing a rifleman to exit his tent when the camp was under attack
    - Vastly improved AI (how the AI attacks, where it attacks, etc)
    - Fixed Zar'jira attack routines to make sure she attacks twice and comments twice before the final wave
    - Overhauled environmental fog both in game and in cutscenes
    - Improved some camera angles
    - Improved a bit gameplay animations
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.4]:
    - Added range indicator on the 3D world for the murlocs on Snowsong section
    - Improved a bit the Snowsong countdown mechanic system to be a bit less punishing (but still impossible to cheese)
    - Improved Murloc High Sorcerer AI so now it won't as often stop while casting
    - Uniformed prisoners stats with player's one
    - Removed any visible boundary from the view
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.5]:
    - Rebalanced the Ogres to be stronger than Grunts
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.6]:
    - Fixed height of the troll hut of the first scene in order to be on the ground
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.7]:
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Southshore
    - Improved and optimized the routines of the villagers of Southshore
    - Fixed a bug preventing certain neutral units (e.g. riderless horse) to be shown during cinematics
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.9]:
    - Removed some critters that were making hard to path through
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds

Note: maintenance update to accompany the release of The Scourge of Lordaeron Act I.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.5]:
    - Some typo and consistency fixes in all localizations
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.5]:
    - Some minor improvements to AI
    - Changed gold mine model to reflect Sunken Ruins tileset
    - Some minor model fixes
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.6]:
    - Improved music to better reflect Alliance vs Horde theme
    - Changed gold mine model to reflect Sunken Ruins tileset
    - General improvements to creep camps
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.8]:
    - Hellscream is back... sorry guys, cannot risk to anger Games Workshop
    - Improved music to better reflect Alliance vs Horde theme
    - Some minor improvements to villager models and Syndicate units color
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.0]:

Note: this updated is focused on translation. Some english typos have been fixed too around all various maps.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.6]:
    - Improved french, russian and italian translation
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.6]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.6]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.8]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.1]:

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.7]:
    - Improved french translation
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.7]:
    - Fixed some italian translation typos
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.8]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.0]:
    - Fixed bug preventing creep camp fires to turn off when the relative creep camp is defeated
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.2]:
    - Fixed bug preventing creep camp fires to turn off when the relative creep camp is defeated

Note: this updated is focused on adding some more depth to the characters/factions, while bringing up to par with the human campaign all cinematics, back-end and front-end systems.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.8]:
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added animated natural doddoads
    - Improved chinese translation
    - General optimization, bugfixes and improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.8]:
    - Cinematic overhaul (reduced fades to black, improved some camera angle)
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras unit skins with new improved skins much easier to recognize and tell apart
    - Fixed Kelen the Seeker eyes not being blue like other High Elves
    - Rebalanced the tidesage (made stronger) and the hydromancer (made a bit weaker)
    - Added resistant skin to Nazgrel since it's a demi-hero
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.8]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras unit skins with new improved skins much easier to recognize and tell apart
    - Rebalanced the tidesage (made stronger) and the hydromancer (made a bit weaker)
    - Increased a bit the overall difficulty of the mission, especially in the last encounter (reduced Flame Strike cooldown, increased mana and damage of Dagon, reduced runes dropped by barrier Mur'Ghuls)
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled
    - Added resistant skin to Snowsong since it's a demi-hero
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.9]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated barracks, farm and altar Kul Tiras skins to be thematic and easy to recognize (more skins will come in the future for all buildings requiring them!)
    - Fixed Kelen the Seeker not being able to use its Kelen's Dagger of Escape
    - Increased the strength of Sea Giant creep
    - Added resistant skin to Nazgrel since it's a demi-hero
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled and also for what concerns the optional quest
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.0]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras skins (also added new skins, hopefully now nobody will think the captain is Proudmoore...)
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.1]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Completely redone villagers AI, now much more effective and less heavy on performances
    - Updated Warsong Grunt model to be much more unique
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.3]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added new chinese logo

Note: this update brings compatibility to W3R 1.34, while adding a small bunch of improvements.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.9]:
    - General localization improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v19]:
    - Improved Kul Tiras models
    - Made all codexes easier to find
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.9]:
    - Made the Murloc High Sorcerer a bit stronger to fight against
    - Now summoned units can't trigger the end game section
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.0]:
    - Added thematic Kul Tiras buildings
    - Made the Kul Tiras forces more prone to attack and less strong in defense
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.1]:
    - Improved weather effect during the storm
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.2]:
    - Made Southshore codex easier to find
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.4]:

Note: this is an hotfix to chinese translation.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.9]:
    - Improved chinese localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.9]:
    - Fixed chinese Codex dialog and buttons appearing as Allies
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.0]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.1]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.2]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.4]:

CUSTOM CAMPAIGN UPDATE
- The entire prologue campaign is now bundled in a single .w3n (custom campaign) map file. This allows you to select difficulty in the game, select missions in the game and load saved game through game menus.
- The entire package is around 600 MB smaller than the previous version
- The custom campaign features a custom loading screen inspired from the default game one with the appropriate information about Hive Workshop and the project Patreon page
- File organization is reworked completely: all files (including most of the object related strings) are now contained in only one file, thus making translation and fixing backend much easier
- Object data completely reworked: all custom units are assigned as map-specific or campaign-specific and they are all organized with proper ids
- Chaos damage removed on all creeps where it makes no sense to have it
- Divine armor icon now properly displayed
- Items are completely reworked: they are reorganized, harder to kill and their values make more sense on a global scale
- Integrated some balance changes since 1.31 to Re-Reforged (like Sundering Blades, Prioritize Air and more) plus some other to improve gameplay
- Improved some codex and hint texts on all missions
- Now human scout towers have 1800 sight range on both day and night
- Made Death Pact and Death Ritual cost 0 mana (with longer cooldown, like the integrated Far Sight)
- Racial shops are redone according to the new items categorization system
- General improvements to all models (some are even new, other improved and optimized for 1.35)
- All ghosts now have a 15% transparency added to them beside the model fresnel effect
- Complete rework of all walking sounds (they loop correctly now in all cinematics)
- Music save/reload bugs now fixed
- Music overall randomization is better when default music is played
- Music doesn't include TFT tracks as default tracks anymore
- Fixed music sometimes not resetting correctly to the intended playlist
- dded new cheats: now "ggwp" (add "-cache" or "-nocache" to make it save the cache or not). You can also display current difficulty using "howhard" and you can enable all campaign buttons using "notimetowaste"
- Codex system UI reworked: now using icons, more space to display text and better hints to avoid issues with scrolling (please note, it's impossible to make it scroll from the start due to an engine limitation)
- Codex system interaction reworked: now codex scrolls give XP to heroes collecting them depending on how difficult they are to find. Their position is also reworked to be easier to find in all maps
- Added custom loading screens for all missions, reflecting how the missions are supposed to take place in the extended world of WC3 joined with the world from WoW
- Optimized and improved all trees animations
- Added some unit (mostly creeps) randomization to increase replayability
- Added some items randomization to increase replayability
- Reworked the final "thank you" screen to be more up-to-date
- Added intro cinematic you can play before playing the campaign, like in default campaign
- Added campaign logo
- Improved Re-Reforged logo both in maps and in the campaign menu
- Improved custom voice acting
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v2.0]:
    - Added more variation to the villagers
    - AI upscaled reslution of ships used in close-up shots
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v2.0]:
    - Now Snake Creature is a proper Naga Royal Guard (as per its stats)
    - Now the racial shop is already pre-built for the player
    - Some general environmental improvements
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v2.0]:
    - Completely reworked stealth detections sytem: new graphics, better introduction and now more integrated with the game
    - Made Ancient Spirits encounter overall harder
    - Made the fight at the barrier overall harder
    - Made the fight with the Murloc High Sorcerer overall easier
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.1]:
    - Improved some camera shots in various cinematics
    - The shop is now in-line with racial shops of the orc (within map tech-tree limits)
    - Made Ancient Spirit encounter overall harder
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.2]:
    - Reduced the amount of white in the dream sequence fades (now they are grey)
    - AI upscaled reslution of ships used in close-up shots
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.3]:
    - Added more variations to the villagers
    - Fixed peasant axing unappropriate stuff, now they axe wood
    - The mission now takes place nearby Southshore
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.5]:
    - Improved camp animations
    - Improved camp buildings scale
    - Now Medivh can't be selected in-game and its quest icon display the raven icon (why reveal his face earlier than the final cinematic?)
    - Now circles of power are hidden if not playing tutorial
    - Improved some tutorial hints
    - The mission now takes place in the Hillsbrad Foothills, at the boundary with the Arathi Highlands
    - Circle of Outer Binding renamed into Circle of Elements

Hotfix
- Removed all animated trees triggers (now it's done by fixing the models)
- Fixed some typos
- Added a missing loading screen (sometimes loading screens get removed by the editor when saving campaigns. In time I will understand the pattern to avoid that, but for now, just bear with me)

This version add localization in most languages, plus a bunch of fixes and improvements. As of now, only polish localization is still missing.
- Added french, spanish latino, spanish european, italian, chinese simplified, german, french and russian localization, consisting in UI, texts and full voice acting
- Added hydromancer adept/master icons
- Increased responsiveness of codex dialog buttons (when clicking on the text, now they are fully responsive)
- Removed most memory leaks in all maps
- Improved the loading screen graphics of Thoradin's Wall landmark
- Fixed some graphical issues on Kul Tiras buildings portraits
- Fixed detection aura moving around following the head of the model it was attached to
- Some minor improvements here and there

Hotfix, doesn't require map version change.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v2.1]:
    - Fixed an optimization issue causing attack waves to not start

This version add localization in polish language, plus a bunch of fixes and improvements.
- Added polish localization, consisting in UI, texts and full voice acting
- Fixed some typos in french localization
- Fixed some typos in the english localization
- Magic damage is now added on all creeps where it makes sense to have it, including custom units (e.g. tome wraiths, etc)
- Improved some models, textures and animations (e.g. golems, ogre mounds)
- Added custom model to Scurvy Pirates and Phat Lewt
- Removed built-in crest from loading screens
- Improved some AIs
- Optimized AI routines and removed their leaks
- Reworked checkpoints to avoid bugs and improve their spreading within the maps
Contents

W3RR Exodus of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Barorque
First of all: @InsaneMonster managed to Re-Reforge the campaign, there is no doubt about that. Everyone who followed Reforged way back then was hyped. We were promised cinematics on far with modern expectations, some of us have hoped for extra...
Wazzz
What can be said about this rendition of the Prologue that hasn't been said already? Everything that was promised by Blizzard didn't even come close to what's been presented here. A lot of the touch ups to even the tutorial missions are intuitive. The...
Moved back to pending to be re-evaluated.
Will take another look at it when I have the time.

That was unexpected. Let me know what you think, it is important to me (that applies to everyone, not only the moderator). The remaining two maps expect to be changed as much as the third one (overall I mean).

I said it would be taken another look at when the third chapter was added. I am a man of my word. ;)
If you wish to edit the first two maps before I take another look, however, let me know.

I always update the already released maps when I release one new. However, I'm quite happy how they turned out. Not all maps should have changed gameplay. To summarize:
1) Gameplay unchanged, reworked terrain (with same design), cinematics (with many added), increased difficulty, added some encounters, refined tutorial, improved secret
2) Base construction gameplay unchanged, improved tutorial, added more creeps. Assault gameplay completely changed (the enemy has an AI now). Terrain updated in the first part (like first map), completely redone in the second one. Of course cinematic fully redone.
2 Interlude) It's new!
3) Map done from scratch, new quest design, cinematics, restored content, tileset, etc...

Awwww <3

By the way, in the interlude... the Shaman walks straight through a tree trunk, which viewed from a cinematic angle really triggers my OCD :D

I'll solve that, but I will write in the changelog that's just to appease your OCD :mwahaha:

tried chapter 3 and, there's no Watch Towers? Also if you ESC during the fountain quest turn in the fountain won't get restored and it will take like 5 mins before Thrall gets free Healing Wards; very good chapter otherwise

Thank you for reporting the bugs, I'll fix them in the next version. About the watch towers, they are supposed to be introduced in mission 5, alongside the holdout mission. As you can see, I've changed quite a lot the units you can use (specifically, I'm adding 1 unit per mission).

Awesome campaign, land and cinematics are really perfecr, I also enjoyed new models, will wait for new missions!

Thank you! Two new mission are on the works, but they will require some time.

In a couple of hours I'll update the third map with an hotfix. Very minor changes, but required. You can find the changelog as follows:

Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.1]:
- Fixed a tree trunk on the way of a shaman to appease MasterBlaster OCD
- Fixed some bugs with the trigger queue in the third cinematic (Healed Fountain), where queue was not cleared and the fountain itself was not healed if the cinematics was skipped

Level 18
Dude it's so inspiring!

This is single handedly make me wanna reinstall to replay a lil bit of that campaign... on your terms these times!

EDIT: It's great that you added the videos, I would have never had installed War3 to check it out. But it made me possibly want to...

Dude it's so inspiring!

This is single handedly make me wanna reinstall to replay a lil bit of that campaign... on your terms these times!

EDIT: It's great that you added the videos, I would have never had installed War3 to check it out. But it made me possibly want to...

You reviewed me without playing it? It's... odd!. I really hope you play them for good and tell me what you think!

Level 18
You reviewed me without playing it? It's... odd!
It's not odd, can't I just encourage a fellow developer if there's something in his work which just... "ding" with my feelings?
Not to mention the passion and the hardwork you seem to be putting in there.
I can't do anything else than use the different vectors I have to encourage that.

Level 18
It's not. Lots of people do it especially with low ratings.
However, it's not fair.
If there were a thousands people rating and commenting every day, I wouldn't feel the need to bump up the morale of fellow devs.

Sorry if I'm stepping out of the lines \o/

EDIT: Now if that makes you more comfortable, I'm writing comments, voting and giving rep to many people.

Maps approved!

Great! Thanks! This is amazing news!

If there were a thousands people rating and commenting every day, I wouldn't feel the need to bump up the morale of fellow devs.

Sorry if I'm stepping out of the lines \o/

EDIT: Now if that makes you more comfortable, I'm writing comments, voting and giving rep to many people.

Hey I didn't want to start any kind of argument. Anyway Goffterdom, I'm looking forward to know what you think of the maps once you have played them! :)

Level 18
Yeah me neither, sorry if it looked that way.

I'm just filled with emotions whenever I see people hard working on Reforged projects, I can't help myself but to pop in and try to bring some love, in any way I can.

I have a question though, since the custom campaign feature is gone, do we launch your maps one after the others?

If yes, how did you do with character progression? Do you just consider that the player "collected" everything he could on previous mission and spawn him with it in the next one?

EDIT: Another question if I may, when (and if) the custom campaign feature comes back, will you instantly port your work to it? (I guess so). How hard do you think it'll be to convert it to a functional campaign?

Yeah me neither, sorry if it looked that way.

I'm just filled with emotions whenever I see people hard working on Reforged projects, I can't help myself but to pop in and try to bring some love, in any way I can.

I have a question though, since the custom campaign feature is gone, do we launch your maps one after the others?

If yes, how did you do with character progression? Do you just consider that the player "collected" everything he could on previous mission and spawn him with it in the next one?

EDIT: Another question if I may, when (and if) the custom campaign feature comes back, will you instantly port your work to it? (I guess so). How hard do you think it'll be to convert it to a functional campaign?

Well well, for now I disabled character progression but I will enable it as soon as custom campaigns come back. The best way to start the maps is through the editor (test map). This way, you can select the difficulty. Otherwise it will always default to normal.

Yes, as soon as custom campaigns are back this will be ported over immediately. There are a few things I want to port from mission to mission:
1) Lore tips and hints where applicable (if you click in one mission, it's not repeated in another)
2) Character progression (as always)
3) The base, gold remaining (both within a certain boundary) and survived trolls villages in the 3rd mission are ported to the 5th (the map layout is shared already, you can see the attacking murloc villages in the 3rd even if, in the 3rd, they do nothing), plus some other little comments and dialogues (for example about the fountain if it was not healed, there is cut content for that)
4) The remaining troops at the end of 4th mission are ported to the 5th as initial troops (plus some default ones)

Level 18
I played the first map and what really stroke me was the quality of the terrain :)

One thing bothers me though (like it does with official campaigns): the hero progression is not pleasing in terms of XP.

You grind forever little monsters for no benefits and you are deliberately locked to certain levels.

It would be nice to see a campaign where farming your hero actually feels rewarding in terms of XP and level gains (of course the difficulty of the campaign should adjust to that).

In any case, it felt better than the Reforged prologue so far :)

I played the first map and what really stroke me was the quality of the terrain :)

One thing bothers me though (like it does with official campaigns): the hero progression is not pleasing in terms of XP.

You grind forever little monsters for no benefits and you are deliberately locked to certain levels.

It would be nice to see a campaign where farming your hero actually feels rewarding in terms of XP and level gains (of course the difficulty of the campaign should adjust to that).

In any case, it felt better than the Reforged prologue so far :)

The first map is the most similar one. Go on playing.

Btw, I don't want to change warcraft 3, just to modernize it. If you feel in following maps to have to grind too many creeps, tell me. The first map is what it is because it's built around the tutorial. I could make it so you level slower when you skip the tutorial tough.

Level 5
HI,

i loved so much your campaign, that is what we need in warcraft 3 reforged

One ting man i played "Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness Demo" before i play your campaign the most impressive thing was mission progress (items, abilities ...) and when i played your campaign i was said when i played the second mission no mission prgress :( why?? plz make mission progress :) your map dessign is beautiful make the good work man!!! ;)

HI,

i loved so much your campaign, that is what we need in warcraft 3 reforged

One ting man i played "Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness Demo" before i play your campaign the most impressive thing was mission progress (items, abilities ...) and when i played your campaign i was said when i played the second mission no mission prgress :( why?? plz make mission progress :) your map dessign is beautiful make the good work man!!! ;)

Hey there, I am waiting to complete the campaign (btw, the next update) so to properly balance everything. As of now, I've balanced the missions as-is, then I need to properly balance progression. It's not easy, because progression will be more extensive and complex than just items and abilities, so I need to have all laid out to make it work properly without having to redo it multiple times (I am one guy, and I would like to avoid doing the same work multiple times).

Updated some showcase videos with latest version PLUS some teaser of what is to come in the next update (campaign full release) :p

upload_2020-10-31_12-36-10.png

upload_2020-10-31_12-36-39.png

upload_2020-10-31_12-37-18.png

WC3ScrnShot_103120_124319_001.png

WC3ScrnShot_103120_124327_001.png

WC3ScrnShot_103120_124352_001.png

WC3ScrnShot_103120_124421_001.png

PS: I'll probably stop showcase videos when it releases for quite a while, both because we have quite a lot of mission and at the same time I want people to play it instead of just watching me playing it. Probably, I'll make some cinematics showcase sooner than playthroughs. You can expect me to update all the showcases for when the campaign is full released.

I like how you made the Darkspear Dungeon look more Highborne and Sunken Ruins-ish while keeping the fiery underworld theme

I really do feel Zar'jira needs her own model; I hope someone makes one

Well, the Naga Sea Witch model is only used for her, so there should be no repetition. Before release, I'll port many Vashi's animations to her to improve the cinematics.

Level 18
I just played the latest available chapter and I must say I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit too easy (but is there a difficulty option?).

The terraining is amazing overall, a few rocks are too big and ground brushes could feel a little bit more natural, but I can only tell because the rest is awesome :)

I was pretty amazed at Kul Tiras unit model details as well (noticeably the Knight, which "seems" to be the same but has actually quite a few distinctive details <3).

Looking forward the rest, keep up the good work!

EDIT: And I didn't mention the cinematic but they are well staged as well. My only regret is that my GPU starts burning because of Reforged (and I literally hear the crisp sounds), and by no mean is it an "old" GPU, just not a recent one.

My friend I want to be one the people that just wants to say THANK YOU!!!
You gave me what I was hoping for when I pre-purchased this WC reforged and what I waited for until it came out
I can't want to play all your maps (y)

Thanks! Stay tuned for final release of Prologue Soon.

I just played the latest available chapter and I must say I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit too easy (but is there a difficulty option?).

The terraining is amazing overall, a few rocks are too big and ground brushes could feel a little bit more natural, but I can only tell because the rest is awesome :)

I was pretty amazed at Kul Tiras unit model details as well (noticeably the Knight, which "seems" to be the same but has actually quite a few distinctive details <3).

Looking forward the rest, keep up the good work!

EDIT: And I didn't mention the cinematic but they are well staged as well. My only regret is that my GPU starts burning because of Reforged (and I literally hear the crisp sounds), and by no mean is it an "old" GPU, just not a recent one.

First of all thank you and I'm happy you managed to play it at last! :)

So, terrain brushes are what they are. If you tell me where you feel them innatural I can take a look, but there is only so much I can do with the way editor handles terrain. Some rocks are big yes, the problem is that some Sunken Ruins tileset rocks are also low res with respect to the others, so they are easier to notice when upscaled.

About difficulty, you played on normal if you played from the custom game section of the game. Normal is balanced and overall enjoyable but if you are a veteran and play like me, or just to make an example you play like Jayborino, you really need to play on hard to get some challenge. In other words, easy is for noobs, hard for veterans and normal for everyone else. By default in the custom game section you can only play on normal, but you could give the maps a try (especially the third one) on hard by using the editor. You need to open the map in the World Editor (it's not protected so you can do it easily) and then go to preferences -> test -> hard difficulty and then test the map.

Level 18
Thanks for the details. I definitely prefer harder difficulty even if I'm by no mean a pro RTS player (I got some solid foundations nonetheless).

I might give it another try once the other chapters release :)

Do you plan re-reforged human, undead, orc night elfes campaign as well? :D

Yes, depending on support received as soon as I release this one.

I have to say you did a pretty good job with it far much better what Blizzard made

Wait to see the final complete version of the prologue out Soon(TM)! ;)

Great work on this.

Thank you! I hope to deliver a late christmas gift to the whole community... and I hope the next version will be played by you Blues too. I think I nailed what your intentions originally were with Reforged, both from a game design and a cinematic standpoint ;)

Level 18
Congratulation for the release!

I think I will replay it and discover the other chapters / reworked things you've done :)

Level 2
I've played through the whole Prologue in one sitting and i must say.... My god, you outdid yourself, mate! This is amazing! Every little detail. And that Boss battle in Chapter 4, it was intense and fun!

WARCRAFT III: RE-REFORGED is in good hands! I can't wait to see the next campaign, which is a favorite of mine - The Scourge of Lordaeron.

Level 2
Honestly it's the best mod ever, can't wait for the next campaigns, specially the night elf ones <3

It's funny that a single fan in less than a year can make a better truly reforged campaign than the original company who made this game.