• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #10 - Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone '-')/ Is this contest still open to new contestant? I want to join, but I don't think I can FINISH it because next month is my school final exam :'(
And.. I've some questions.
1. What if, I get a model with 4 people working on it that I want to insert into my map, but the credits is missing for 1 of those people, even the download site doesn't supply the information (It shows "??") and it'd be nearly impossible to search in Google. Can I use it? :'
2. If I got a model that was made by someone with Chinese character username, or any other words unwritten in English version of Warcraft 3, may I write the pinyin (for example Chinese) instead?

Last edited:
Level 2
You can still join, but keep in mind that the deadline's Friday next week, so unless you can work extra fast to make your submission, I'd wait for the next Techtree Contest if I were you.
1. Yes (just specify there's 1 unknown author)
2. Yes
Okay :) thanks :D I hope I can finish it :3

Level 1
I am just popping by to say good luck, and that the person making a Scottish themed race is now my favorite person, ever.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Wait, encouraging the submission of partial entries? Like, isn't that generally (if not "frowned upon") not something done? I mean, I guess if everyone did it, it wouldn't be so weird... But I can't remember a Contest in recent history that did that.

//EDIT// - Eh, I thought of some on Wc3C; the Hero Contests were paired, and when someone's partner fell through all of a sudden but you had your 'half' done, they generally submitted and just took the hit to the relevant section. Pyrogasm's "Annelord" actually did pretty well even despite that, IIRC.

For instance if your doing Naga: "Golden Scale" - Carrier gains 90% resistance to melee attacks.

90%? Seems a bit much don't you think?

My entry's probably 95% done. But I'm currently stuck with item-making. Any suggestions?

Well, every shop has potion of healing and mana. First two items should be a healing consumable and a mana consumable and a third utility item like dust of appearance, or maybe a one time consumable teleport item?

Second tier, you get pot of healing pot of mana, town portal scroll and a fourth pretty good item which you can be creative with.

For third tier items, an orb and something unique and useful and consumable for your hero.

[entry]

Cthulhu
(H.P. Lovecraft)
-Pick Undead with 90% handicap to play as Cthulhu-

250158-albums8697-picture106205.jpg

Biography

Cthulhu is an alien creature who takes the features of a god for the humans.According to the mythology,Cthulhu rests under the sea in the city of R'lyeh.He is waiting to get away from that city and with the help of cultists and sectarian to get back to the Earth and to take again his power onto it.

First Tier

Slave : Slaves are used to be transformed into Cultists,the fellow brethren of the Cthulhu.They can also be used as weak support units.
Cultist : Cultists are used to be morphed into economic units or primary troops. Can be morphed into a Lumber Carriage,Warrior,Huntsman and Fanatic.
Warrior : Cthulhu's core soldier.Can learn the Mace Bash ability. Can be merged with Running Water.
Huntsman : Basic medium-ranged attacker.Can learn the Double Shot ability.

Second Tier

Lurker : Flying unit,adept at taking care of melee units. Can learn the Venomous Spit ability.
Wierdling : Slow melee unit, adept at hatching units to its aid. Can learn the Hatch ability.
Illuminator : Supporting spellcaster. Can initially cast Tentacle Protection,which gives allies a boost to their defense.Can also learn Illusion and Healing Field.
Waveweaver : Offensive spellcaster. Can initially cast Depth's Aid,which creates a watery tentacle from a corpse.Can also learn Three Waves and Termal Eruption.
Gladiator : Heavy melee unit, extremely effective against buildings.Can learn the Building Crusher and Charge ability.

Third Tier

Fanatic : Fast and powerful warriors,good against chasing ranged units. Can be upgraded to swiftly kill mounted units.
Marauder : Powerful land creature. Can learn the Cleaving Attack and Avengance.
Flying Terror : Terrifying creature, effective against flying units. Can learn the Devour and Petrifying Grin.
Whisperer : Usually the wardens in prisons,they have morphed into terrible reapers. Can learn Silence and Sounds of Horror.

Cthulhu

Wing Blow : Cthulhu flaps its gigantic wings.causing a tremor of air to the target location,dealing N/A amount of damage to all units caught.
Madness Manipulation : Increases the damage of nearby allies by N/A%,in exchange for N/A of their defense. Last N/A seconds.
Life Essence : The Cthulhu absorbs every essence of its target once killed,healing it for an amount of N/A.
Eldritch Hole : Summons a dark hole at the targeted point. The dark hole has the ability to absorb all enemy units within 400 range onto it's position while releasing smaller dark particles to attack those captured units. Each particle deals 90 damage on hit. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Byatis

Pincer Grip : Damages hostile units with an amount of damage while reducing its defense for a few seconds.
Doom Gaze : The Byatis stares at the target enemy, making him feel the terrifying aura inside it. The Byatis' gaze dooms the enemies,which will make them die in a few seconds.
Strong Shell : The Byatis comes with a very strong shell,making it almost invulnerable to all attacks. Increases its defense by N/A. Blocks magics every 10 seconds at level 3.
Titan's Stomp : The Byatis heavily stomps at its location,creating an earthquake,shooting rocks from beneath that damages enemies. Each rocks deals 100 damage.

Hastur

Orb Channel : Channels an orb to its former size.The orb explodes dealing AoE damage after a succesfull channel.
Emerald Strike : Releases sharp emeralds from the ground to damage enemies near the Hastur for a period of time.
Destruction Orbitals : Hurls an orbit filled with dark magic towards the target point. When the orbit hits the ground it bounces and shatters, releasing small soul missiles in the bouncing area. The orbit and the small missiles deal damage to all enemy ground units within their destination points.
Soul Orb : The Hastur creates a permanent orb above him that summons invulnerable little spirits to damage nearby enemies. The spirits damages enemies by 5% of their current health every second un-noticely.

Head Cultist

Fists of the Deep : Releases the arms of the dead underground,punching every enemy with an amount of damage in a line.May hit three times maximum.
Cult's Tentacles : The Head Cultist raises tentacles near him to aid him in battle. Each tentacle deals 15 - 20 damage.Lasts 10 seconds.
Thundercall : Gives a chance to cast Thundercall,which reaps a percentage amount of enemies' current health when the Head Cultist attacks.
Eldritch Summoning : Form 8 portals around the target location. Each will summon a Cultist that will move to the center of the target location. All Cultists will merge themselves as an Organic Abomination that has 1500 health,50 exact damage and 2 large defense points.Lasts 70 seconds.

First Tier

House of the Cults : Enables the morphery of Warriors,Huntsmen and Fanatics. Also contains the Mace Bash,Double Bones, and Cavalry Terminator upgrades.
Enhancement Hall : Contains upgrades for improved armor, weaponry and additional enchantments to improve the brethren.
Dream Crystal : Provides food, which increases the maximum number of units that can be trained.Can also cast supporting spells to allies using dreams,on which the crystal will slowly generate them.
Sacred Orb : Creates a shop with purchasable items. The items available depend upon what level of upgrade your Forgotten Ruins has (Forgotten Ruins, Nameless City, or R'lyeh) and which buildings you have.
Altar of Dark Water : Summons heroes. Revives slain heroes.
Tentacle Pit : Primary defensive structure.Can be upgraded to Kraken Pit or Dream Pit.

Second Tier

Darkest Dungeon : Produces Lurkers,Weirdling and Flying Terror,which are releaseable for a cost of gold. Also contains the Venom,Hatch,Devour and Petrifying Grin.
Mansion of Madness : Trains Gladiators and Marauders. Also contains the Building Crusher, Charge, Cleaving Attack and Avenge abilities.
Relics of Cthulhu : Produces relics,which can be used to form Illuminators,Waveweavers and Whisperers. Also contains upgrades for Illuminators and Waveweavers,Silence and Sounds of Horror.

Third Tier
Matter Warper : A circle-shaped portal used to relocate buildings you own. Can only be used once.

Models
--> -Grendel
--> Sin'dorei300
--> Denthotor
--> Paillan
--> AndrewOverload519
--> WhiteDeath
--> Callahan
--> General Frank
--> MatiS
--> HappyTauren
--> alfredx_sotn
--> tee.dubs
--> Pins
--> JetFangInfernp
--> WILL THE ALMIGHTY
--> Misha
--> Chen
--> Ujimasa Hojo
--> Radagast
--> dtnmang
--> D.O.G.
--> assasin_lord
--> nGy
--> Abbendis

Skins (Including the UI)
--> Darkholme (Edited by Ardenian,again by N41)
--> Nichita_00
--> Spellbound

Icons
--> CRAZYRUSSIAN
--> inhuman89
--> Justicebringer
--> San
--> Ujimasa Hojo
--> tee.dubs
--> Marcos DAB
--> Blood Raven
--> AndrewOverload519
--> The_Silent
--> Big Dub
--> Golden-Drake
--> HappyCockroach
--> Nudl9
--> Ardenian

Spells/Triggers
--> Quilnez
--> Bribe
--> Spellbound
--> Veljkom
--> defskull
--> Tank-Commander
--> BiroN
--> There are more,but I can't seem to find them (they don't input their names)

Music
--> From Trine 2

Advantage
⚫ Troops are very tough,including their champions(hero).
⚫ Troops known to have many skills and abilities.
⚫ Buildings have a high chance to escape from a nearing defeat. (Using them Matter Warpers)
⚫ One of the defensive structures are costed to build,but generating a new guard is free.

Drawbacks
⚫ Units costs a lot of resources.
⚫ Slow lumber collecting.
⚫ Buildings can't be repaired. (so they regenerate health overtime)
⚫ Hard to expand.

Features:
⚫ Unit production may seem a bit complicated. But after some experiences,you may get the hang of it.
⚫ You will only have ONE town hall. Be sure to guard it with your life.
⚫ Buildings are unrepairable. Instead, they regenerate health (An upgrade can boost this)
⚫ Buildings are portable,using them Matter Warpers. These will be useful if you wanna run away from enemies,or expand. Unlike other buildings, Matter Warpers are the only onne that doesn't have building range.
⚫ The third tier town hall (R'lyeh) has a special skill. Use it to block away melee units that tries to damage your town hall. The summon also can be merged with Warriors to become Seatures,which are slightly stronger than average Warriors and they have evasion (Idk why only the Running Water can click the ability to merge :\)

NOTE:
Map:
-Report bugs please,thanks.
Other:
-There are many resources that's used,but not credited. Main reason is that I dun know who the maker is. I've found them in the previous contests.
-If you find your resources are being used but not credited,plz tell me.

Attachments

• THW.TC10.xYours Trulyx.Cthulhu.w3x
    7.7 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
le map and stuff...

You should changed the map description to say how to pick your race. Like:
To play as Cthulhu, pick Undead at 90% handicap.

Also your OrderIDs are still displaying. You should disable that trigger.
Also there's a pre-placed Dream Pit in the enemy base.

EDIT: okay, played the race. A few things:
- You should indicate somewhere on the town hall that it can mine gold by right-clicking on a nearby gold mine. A passive ability solely for displaying that information should help.
- Slave are quite useless early game, dunno. I'm not the best RTS player, but I can't say I have any use for them. I would have imagined you would use Slaves to harvest gold instead to keep them relevant throughout the entire game.
- Hastur's Orb spell doesn't work sometimes and the orb just stays there.
- Placing a building teleports Cultists around. Not game breaking, just funny.
- The tentacles that can swap place with a building should be buildable by the town hall instead of morphing from a cultist, since they're so large. It makes it difficult to place them in the proper location for you to move buildings to.
- How to expand? I didn't find a way to create a new town hall for an expansion.

Last edited:
Respond:
- Will do that.
- I can say that the Slave is useless. But there's an "upgrade" in the prison that allows the Slaves to give you a little boost to your economy. Do you call this unique, my friend? (Because normal slaves always there to just gather gold and build)
- I have been trying to fix this bug for days,sadly I dunno how to fix it.
- The builder dummy has an expiration timer. Waiting for everyone to clear the area would take too much time,and the builder won't have the chance to build.
- Okay,will do this too.
- You can only expand when you have R'lyeh. Use the Matter Warpers.

I have to keep the balance of my race. I think that the troops are way too op. So I decided to make the economy a bit hard for Cthulhu players.Lemme fix some stuff for a while.

EDIT:
Updated= >Merged Prison into the town hall's building list.
------------>Matter Warpers are on the town hall's building list instead of morphery.
------------>Added the passive ability information Spellbound asked for.
------------>Edited Credit List.
------------>Removed the pre-placed Dream Pit
------------>Turned off Debug Orders.

Please download the new version if you wanna play again.

Level 12
@xYoursTrullyx:
Your's is a bit buggy
1st: "Backpack" research requires Arcane Vault
2nd: Forgot to delete a building for the player
3rd: There's a stray gargoyle in the map
4th: the "huntsman" research requires a defensive building

116571-albums7711-picture108335.png

116571-albums7711-picture108100.png

Whispering Ruins
Spriggan
Pixie
Owlman

Spirit Pond
Water Sprite
Kelpie
Knucker

Gnome Burrow
Brownie
Leprechaun

Altar of Mysticism
Lantern Man
Fairy Queen

NB: Some of the names might not be explicitly British in origin,
but they do feature at some point in time in British folklore. As
for the units themselves, I had to take some creative liberties
with interpreting them. Even then, it was hard to come up with
enough to make a complete roster, so I'm left with 7 units, 2
heroes, and 1 misc for base expansion.

Credits

Last edited:
Level 2
Here is the WIP (a really unfinished one :'o Sorry about that)
I hope I can finish it tomorrow, at least I have some idea popping out in my head and when I saw my clock it's 7:23 PM, but when I saw Greenwich's clock it was 12:23 PM YAY 6 EXTRA HOURS!!

WIP Screenshot:
fbd927725a.png
And thanks for the reminder, Kam! :D

Last edited:
Level 18
Aztec Empire WIP 1

Here is the WIP (a really unfinished one :'o Sorry about that)
I hope I can finish it tomorrow, at least I have some idea popping out in my head and when I saw my clock it's 7:23 PM, but when I saw Greenwich's clock it was 12:23 PM YAY 6 EXTRA HOURS!!
Hey we are at Saturday 14:00 GTM, that give use 33 hours to work. (Contest ends 8 May, as any contestant I assume 23:59 GTM of May 8th, and I see no point in enforcing an earlier deadline)

My very unfinished WIP for Aztec Empire

Description
The Aztec Empire flourished between c. 1345 and 1521 CE and, at its greatest extent, covered most of northern Mesoamerica, ruling roughly 15 million people.
Its people were fervent warriors and devote followers of the state religion.

Strengths
Fervent followers of their Gods, Aztecs are fearless in battle able to use both light and dark magic for their purpose.
Their melee troops were the absolute best trained and equipped soldiers of the new world.

Weakness
Aztec people didn´t know steel, the wheel, gunpowder, nor any mountable animal (mythical nor worldly).
Also they don´t have mechanical contraptions relying on late mythic units for siege duties.

Images still WIP. Expect this for WIP 2.

Tier 1

Building Name
Requirements Description Units Trained Upgrades into

City Templo Mayor
(Townhall Tier1)
None Main townhall, and center of Aztec religion and state.
Spawns Nobles and revive heroes.
  • Hero: High Priest.
  • Hero: Chief Army Commander
State Templo Mayor
(Townhall tier 2).

Aztec Temple
None Secondary altar for the Aztec gods.
  • Aztec Priest.
  • Nagual. (Dark Caster)(Req Tier 2 buildings)
  • Cihuatoteo. (Flying Caster)(Req Tier 3 buildings)
None.

Chinampa (Farm)
None Farm building that also spawns commoners.
  • Aztec Worker.
None.

Capulli
ChinampaWorkshop, has economic upgrades and can receive wood.None.None.

House of Youth
(Barracks)
ChinampaInitial barracks for basic soldiers.
  • Melee Youth.
  • Skirmisher (req Capulli)
  • Siege Archer (req Tier 2 buildings)
None.

Market
CapulliItem seller and vendor None.None.

City Armory
(Tier 1 BlackSmith)
CapulliResearch Military Upgrades, also equip upgrades to
recent trained soldiers or update their equipment.
None.State Armory
(Tier 2 BlackSmith)

Tier 2

Building Name

State Templo Mayor
(Townhall Tier2)
Aztec TempleMain townhall, and center of Aztec religion and state.
  • Hero: Emperor.
Empire Templo Mayor
(Townhall tier 3).

Skull Rack
Aztec TempleSkull trophy showcase. Intimidates enemies of the
matching showed faction. (a.k.a. footman and knight
skulls intimidate near Enemy Human Units.
NoneNone.

House of the Noble
(Elite Barracks)
State Templo Mayor
(townhall Tier 2)
Elite barracks for advanced soldiers.
  • Eagle Warrior.
  • Jagguar Warrior (req Skull Rack)
None.

Gate to the Underworld
(Mythic Barracks)
Skull Rack Uses human sacrifices to summon mythic units
  • Owl Creature. (Capture Prisioners).
  • Chenque (medium Flyer).
  • Aztec Nightmare (Melee Siege)(req T3)
None.

State Armory
(Tier 2 BlackSmith)
(Townhall Tier 2)Research Military Upgrades, also equip upgrades to
None.Empire Armory
(Tier 3 BlackSmith)

Tier 3

Building Name

Empire Templo Mayor
(Townhall Tier3)
House of the NobleMain townhall, and center of Aztec religion and state.
  • Hero: Emperor.
None.

Ball Game Court
(Townhall Tier 3)Enable ball games for extra blood sacrifices.
Unlocks Units
None.None

Empire Armory
(Tier 3 BlackSmith)
(Townhall Tier 3)Research Military Upgrades, also equip upgrades to
None.None.

• Aztec Emperor: Political leader of the Aztecs and their vassal cities. Skills and stats still WIP.
  • High Priest: Spiritual leader of the Aztecs, closes human to their gods. Skills and stats still WIP.
  • Chief Army Commander: Military leader of the Aztecs, chosen between the nobles and commoners, the commander has demigod-strength and military genius. Skills and stats still WIP.

Depending on the secondary god you choose (4 Options) and main good chosen (4 Options) you get unique economic upgrades and unit upgrades, replays are recommended to test this special god align units.
  • General Upgrades: WIP.
  • General Spells and Abilities WIP.
  • God align Upgrades WIP.
  • God align Spells and abilties WIP.

Computer is messing with ingame shots. Expect some screnies for my WIP 2

As you can see even though everything is planned in paper, code implemented in a 50%, I really struggling to came up with the models, tons missing or no fitting. If I got time I will do a couple building models for my entre.

Level 2
@xYours Trulyx,
- I'm not really know much about myth, so I make a race with mixed myth inside, like Greek, some from Zoroastrianism religion, and other fictional myth, but the core is Tower of Babel I think @.@
- I don't really know about chatting codes here and in a hurry, so, yeah.. I think I can hide the pic inside spoiler tags so it wouldn't be disturbing for someone else (like the browser's page got wider and hate to use the left-right scroll) :3
- I mean 6 hours extra time because it's 7 PM in my time and 12 PM in Greenwich (oh my it's 7 hours! RIP math).

@Astaroth Zion, Eh!? I think it's until Saturday 23:59 GMT xD if 33 hours then we can still upload them in Sunday? :D :D :D Okay then (y) xD misunderstand here..

Level 18
@xYours Trulyx,
@Astaroth Zion, Eh!? I think it's until Saturday 23:59 GMT xD if 33 hours then we can still upload them in Sunday? :D :D :D Okay then (y) xD misunderstand here..

Contest deadline clearly states May 8th 2016, that`s tomorrow and 23:59 GTM Sunday is still technically 8th May. We have more than a day left, so lets get our entries wrapped up.

PS: this is more of a vague deadline definition than a loophole, but I will surely use all of the 30 hours left.

Level 12
Contest deadline clearly states May 8th 2016, that`s tomorrow and 23:59 GTM Sunday is still technically 8th May. We have more than a day left, so lets get our entries wrapped up.

PS: this is more of a vague deadline definition than a loophole, but I will surely use all of the 30 hours left.

The contest ends exactly May 8th 2016 at 23:00 pm Greenwich Mean Time, 20:00 pm Brazilian Standard Time

Last edited:
Level 12
WTF,, why 9:00am GMT?? Where does it says that??

And most importantly, why would you intent to trim hours down when CLK Eclipse and me are counting on those hours to finish our entries?

EDIT: BlackRanger can we end this contest without drama and pointless debate? What is the problem of having the full Sunday to work? Don´t you need more time for your own entry?

Kam asked for the time and I've answered.

Do you want me to extend the time needed to at least 21:00 pm to start the voting?

I'm not Participating because i'm helping Kam maintain this contest, since this is the first Tech tree contest after Pharaoh_ left the forums

My map is a good as it's going to get. I don't have time to test the bugfixes, and tomorrow is a very busy day for me, so here's to hoping I did actually manage to fix them bugs and not break anything. I was deciding on whether to remove the Mushroom healing because I suspect it's causing some lagspikes, but I'm really pressed for time, and it didn't feel like it prevented me from playing my race, so I opted to keep it.

Anyway, best of luck to the rest of the participants.

Level 12
My map is a good as it's going to get. I don't have time to test the bugfixes, and tomorrow is a very busy day for me, so here's to hoping I did actually manage to fix them bugs and not break anything. I was deciding on whether to remove the Mushroom healing because I suspect it's causing some lagspikes, but I'm really pressed for time, and it didn't feel like it prevented me from playing my race, so I opted to keep it.

Anyway, best of luck to the rest of the participants.

Don't worry
Everyone will check it out and see every bugfix

Time Update Everyone
Please see Post 422 again for more details

N41

N41

Level 7
Submission

This is my first attempt at making any race, surprisingly for a Techtree Contest (Would have not attempted it else :p). Though it did not turn out as I wanted, this is all what it is. I'll try and fix few things if possible an upload soon. But for now this is all.

-----

Edit:
Updated Map.

If anyone finds any problem or has problem downloading let me know.

-----

Egyptian Mythology

Map

Credits

Thankful to Blizzard Entertainment and THW for sure :p.
Thanks to Black Ranger for this opportunity and Kam for help and tips.
Thanks to skrab, kino and PROXY who allowed me to edit their resources.
And thanks to Trollschnitzel, Ujimasa Hojo, morbent, and Alpain for permitting
edits to their resources.

Model Credits

Trollschnitzel for Pyramid
skrab for Fountain of Ayleid Water
Ujimasa Hojo for Highborne Pack
Kino for Dream Tower
Kenntaur for Hero Blood Beetle
PROXY for Seth - God of Chaos
Tarrasque for Warqueen
3DReactor for Greater Mummy
Alpain for Pharaoh
Callahan for War Mammoth
HerrDave for Uruk Warrior
Mike for Catapult

Effects, Auras and Missiles Credits

nGy for Darkness Meteor and Haunt Missile
sPy for Evil Wave Effect
WILL THE ALMIGHTY for Sun
DCrimson for Red After Shock
Direfury for Runic Aura
Power for Harvest Life
JetFangInferno for Holy Stomp, Sand Explosion, Sand Tornado and Sand Wave Effect
Thrikodius for Deadline
Vortigon for Earth Egg
kellym0 for Acid Spew
ILH for Twilight Sparkle
alfredx_sotn for Death Ward
UgoUgo for Orb of Fire
JesusHipster for Cannon Ball

Skin Credits

Mr Meesh for Dead Tree (Tree of Life)
Legal_Ease for Neith (High Elf Archer)
Daenar7 for Obsidian Scarab (Carrion Beetle)
Ampharos_222 for Ant Lion (Carrion Beetle)
morbent for Sphinx (Obsidian Statue Destroyer Form)
~Nightmare for Felguard 512 (Felguard)
67Chrome for Mummy (Zombie)

Icon Credits

Marcos DAB for Seth - God of Chaos
JollyD for Wolf Time
NFWar for Mummification, TicTac, Rogues Gauntlets, Plated Gauntlets and Plated Gauntlets 2
bananaHUNT for Tornado
Legal_Ease for Chaos Meteor and Wex
67Chrome for Mummy, Fire-On and Teleport
The_Silent for Inner Might, Special Dagger 2, Special Dagger 3 and Special Dagger 5
D.ee for Sandstorm 3
Praytic for Sand Blast
morbent for Black Mass
Darkfang for Searing Arrows, Black Lotus and Dark Sphere
Elainiel for Poison Blast
Crabby_Spider for Possess
Big Dub for Eyes
Deon for Scarab
Golden-Drake for Bone-Chain and Health Potion
bigapple90 for Ghost
Godslayer for Sacrifice
Kimbo for Dragon Carapace
Kimberly for Mammoth Stomp
PeeKay for Freedom and Bless
kola for Holy Ring
zbc for Explosion
xDeathKnightx for Wooden Bow 2, Stone Bow and Silver Bow
Paladon for Shield T1, Shield T2 and Shield T3
BlackDoom for Medallion of Dark Magic and Medallion of Dark Magic 2
Happy Cockroach for Spirit Magic and Dark Magic
Apheraz Lucent for Sands of Time
kittenranch for Orb of Stone

Other Credits

ILH for fixing crash issues in Barrow Range Model
Maker's of HoS, Kam and Sellenisko for Sound Haralla
King's Bounty and Kam for King's Bounty's UI
Skyfira for requesting Felguard 512 skin

Detailed Credit Sheet
Credits.xls
-----
I have taken care that I should not forget anyone but if I missed someone who should be on the credit list let me know.

Screenshots

Race Select
Select "Humans"

WC3ScrnShot_050816_100329_01.jpg

Units and Buildings
WC3ScrnShot_050816_102028_03.jpg

Heroes
WC3ScrnShot_050816_102056_04.jpg

Gameplay
WC3ScrnShot_050816_102116_06.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_050816_102125_07.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_050816_112032_02.jpg

Important Notes
To play choose "Humans" and you'll be asked to change race
Map link is external and will expire with end of this day week..
(Was not able to upload to THW due to some 503 error :(...)
(I'll try to upload directly to THW asap, but if not possible, hope this is ok...)

Attachments

• THW.TC10.N41.Egyptian.w3x
    5.3 MB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Level 7
CotF

I have made custom races before but they were really shitty (i had a race which got a research to turn the damage of all your units and heroes to chaos type xd ), so when i see this contest i decide to participate.
Also, i wanted to be somewhat known around this forum :3
The race is not the best that it could be and some thing are not what i intended to be, but an incomplete submission is not that bad :D

-----

Children of the Forest
From Game of Thrones' mithology, by G.R.R. Martin
At the moment of designing this race i was thinking on the things that each race shared, and what was unique of each one, and tried to make my race as unique as any of the existing 4 races is.

Map

Credits

First of all, the credits are for Blizzard and TheHive, the game company and the forum of the contest for which i made the map.
I also want to thanks WorldOfEditors, where the users are always helping me
And also my mom :3
Models and Code Credits

Muzk
Jesus4Lyf
Archmage Owenalacaster
KoleshyEngine
wc3Borderizer - Cohadar
Vexorian
Adytia777
Paillan
Muoteck
zbc
JetFangInferno
ILoGy
PeeKay
Darkfang
epsilon
The_Silent
Vortigon

Screenshots

BRNPoZA.jpg

Race description
Units:
Archer: The tier 1 ranged unit, pretty standard unit with the abilities Stealth in the nature and Enchanted obsidians
Watcher: The tier 1 melee unit, pretty standard with stats similars to a necrolyte, a unit with the abilities Stealth in the nature and Enchanted obsidians
Singer: Support and ranged attacker unit. With song of the Earth she can restore mana from nearby units or slow and reduce armor from enemy units.
Village Greenser: Tier 2 unit. Mage with high impact abilities. Can use the ability green dream to recover mana while sleeping and Premonition of bless to heal an ally unit. Also can learn the abilities premonition of death and fake premonition of death.
Deathspoker: Tier 2 unit. Supportive mage. Collects the souls of the dead units to recover mana and use abilities. With Cry of the Dead ability, that reduces the fight capability of the last unit that killed a children of the forest. Also can learn Aid from the Spirits and Soul Punishment.
Weirdwood Priest: Tier 2 unit. Pure utility mage. Can use the ability carve on a tree to gain vision around the targeted tree. Also can learn Nature purification and draining roots.
Direwolves: Tier 2 unit. Fast melee attacker. Capable of using Critical Strike. Can learn Wild Blessing and Stealth in the nature.
Raven: Tier 2 unit. Flying attack and siege unit. Can learn Wild Blessing.
Bear: Tier 2 unit. Melee attacker and tank unit. Can learn Wild Blessing.
Mammoth: Tier 3 unit. Melee attacker and tank unit. Can use Devour and taunt. Can learn Wild Blessing.
Weapon Craftsman: Tier 3 unit. Powerful warrior. Capable of using Forge Weapon and Armor. Can learn Demolish.

Heroes:
Beastrider: Strength hero with great auras. Can learn Ambush, Devour, Wild Inspiration aura and Primal Spirit
Element Mage: Intelligent Hero, capable of disrupt units and buffs allied units. Can learn Entangling Roots, Prayer to the Old Gods, Electricity Sphere and Hammer of the Water.
Greenseer Sage: Intelligent hero, invokes a powerful crow. Can learn Green Dream, Invoke Crow Companion, Premonition and Premonition of Ruin.
Obsidian Master: Agility hero, strong duelist with a good escape. Can learn Reposition, Sharpened Blade, Piercing Strike and War Prayer.

Important Notes
To play choose "Night Elf" and set the handicap to 90%
The models used do not the reflect the race with accuracy in all cases
A friend has failed with the skin edditing that's why they look so different :C

PS: I stole N41 style, sorry but need to write all this as fast as possible :3

Level 2
Okay this is my far from complete entry .-.
I just woke up late today and can't finish this --" Even though I've set more than 15 alarms on my mobile phone, I still sleeping! Now I'll go to school :v bye
And thanks for all supports :D

Entry: http://puu.sh/oL0iw/8350a791b7.w3x
Edit 2: Sorry I forgot to change the Heroes training tooltips. The Heroes are Hassan (Paladin), Arthur (Mountain King), and Gilgamesh (Blood Mage). and I forgot to delete the Archmage there.
PS: my map isn't protected, if you're lazy to play it, you can just check it from the WE.

Edit 3:
site_news.gif
site_news.gif
FAKE HEROES
by CLK ECLIPSE
MAP INFO
A race of people who wants to restore the destroyed Tower of Babel, and the side effect is enabling them to connect things from many time and places.​
FEATURES
► Changed human race
► Unique training system
► Various myth (more than 1 -> various :v)
SCREENSHOTS
7bbdcee604.png
96f544bf4b.png
ca1d8ee01c.png
ab94d20e1a.png
CREDITS
Special Thanks

► Kam
► BlackRangerXIII
► Mike (great buildings!!)
► Blizzard
► Nasu

Models

► Trueassassin by Pkw and Phanton.
► herosaber by _Blitz_, Tailer 007, x10azgmfx, and an unlisted guy.
► Lancelot by Kainax.
► TeamColoredRibbonEmitterDT by DTuGuR.
► Templar Gatherer / Commoner by Direfury.
► -FateAvenger- by unknown creator, published by Outrunner.
► mr.war3handle_jkss / Gilgamesh by Mr.War3.
► HolyBreath / BreathOfFireMissile by JetFangInferno.
► TheHolyBomb / WispExplode by JetFangInferno.
► RejuvenationTarget / RunicShield by Metal_Sonic.
► Weapon Slam by Judash.
► DarkImpale by Judash.
► DarknessBomb by nGy.
► HeavyCavalryLancer / Stolio by Callahan.
► Gondor Shieldbearer by Elenai
► DraeneiAltar7 by Sellenisko
► Castle, Houses, Lumbermills, Farms, University by Mike

Spells and Systems

► XXXconanXXX's guide (Channel fields).
► StoPCampinGn00b's map description template
CHANGELOG
Contest Entry Version

► This is the first release
AUTHOR'S NOTES
Tower of Babel must never be ressurected in the real life. Never! This map is a pure work of fiction (unreal), one of the prove is this race doesn't has shadows even during the day :v (except the heroes though)
Unfinished things: tooltips, icons, units, buildings, abilities, upgrades, sounds, models, skins, and triggers.
Important: JUST PLAYED THEM and get these known bugs: Upgrade house with garrisoned unit inside, it will die, and villagers can NOT transform into other unit (must be because of multiple equal to condition -.-"). And I'm really sorry for all people that I've forgotten to give credits to inside the map, Mike, Elenai and Sellenisko :(
[TD]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.