• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ice Crow

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hyper Efficiency now disabled so the map works..Thanks Lurker245 for thinking of that.

Ice Crow-Imbalance is its own form of Balance
4th tier town hall for all races
Additional spells for casters of all races
Bounty given by all units
No hero level cap
Bonus XP when you get the killing blow
Units get Veteran Status as they kill enemies
Living units that die on blight spawn undead
Creeps that get kills level up
SO MANY UPGRADES
2 new Heroes, with accurate descriptions!
Most hotkeys are correct
Several new Items, some grant new abilities, some are just utilities
Consumable items stack
Beware the Immortal Ice Crow!
Contents

Ice Crow (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Name is rather shallow, not even the complete Ice Crown. Maybe Ice Crown+[insert mod name here]? Map thread description needs some work. See links below. What's the difference between no upkeep and hyper efficiency? It says the percentages are...
Level 2
The game doesn't really seem to handle the negative upkeep tier you made at 0-25 food; gold gets taken from the gold mine but you don't get any when the workers return to your town hall.
Things return to normal when you go above 26 food and return to the regular no upkeep tier, though.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Name is rather shallow, not even the complete Ice Crown. Maybe Ice Crown+[insert mod name here]?

Map thread description needs some work. See links below.

1. What's the difference between no upkeep and hyper efficiency? It says the percentages are still 100%.
  2. Changes or add-ons are minimal and frankly not too much balance thoughtful, just some upgrades for more speed and life for all units; weird and almost random neutral hostiles.
  3. The two heroes in the Tavern have their tooltip missing or broken. One of them also has no DISBTN and the icon looks green. Learn about icons:
    Button Manager v1.8.2
    BLP Lab v0.5.0
    Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
    How to Make an Icon
  4. Tower Weapons and Black Gunpowder have the same icon. Try not using icons used for something else, generally.
  5. New upgrades do not follow the need of tier level as the original ones.
  6. Searing Blade's position should be down with the orb.
  7. Upgrade icon positioning is bad in some buildings, chaotic.
  8. Mine faster doesn't necessarily mean gather more resources. Learn about tooltips and descriptions:
    Tooltip Tutorial
    Creating Good Descriptions
  9. The Marine is way too strong for how much food and resources it takes.
Please learn from actual altered melee maps:
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
Custom Race Creation: Advanced Mechanics
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
1. If you tried reading, you'd notice there was a feature removed; probably since I made it on a mac old enough to run worldedit without partitioning or whatever.
2a."Ice Crow-Imbalance is its own form of Balance"-You:not too much balance
SaitamaOK.jpg
2b. At this point I'm realizing you're not just a no-fun guy, but legit blind.
3.I'll admit fault with Boat Hero missing his name in the tooltip, but if you actually tried picking Yubyub(good on you for listening to directions) you could probably tell that the missing tooltip is 100% intentional.
4.Yeah, okay.
5.Yeah, because they aren't the same upgrade? Why would they?
6. Should it reaaallly?
.Yeah.
8.Have you gotten the mine faster upgrade? You get gold faster...which is mining faster by any definition I can think of.
9.So is the Space Orc, the Hydralisk for night elves, and sucks to be undead, but the Infernal juggernaut is pretty primo.

Reviews like this is why I spit on the opinions of people here. This isn't a competitive map, it's a ridiculous map to have fun with your friends, or explore whatever weird things got put in. The gameplay functions, the visuals are just Ice Crown, the game doesn't break whenever one of the weird abilities are used, and tooltips work for everyone but BoatHero. It certainly isn't a clone of another popular map, so the problem is it doesn't appeal to you.