• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #2 Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
In order for your hero to be part of the competition, it must be posted in this thread. This thread will close when the contest is over. If you aren't submitting a hero, do not post. Any feedback belongs in the original thread.

If you need to update your submission, it must be done before the end of the contest. Otherwise, you'll be disqualified. Preferably you would edit your post to mention the update.

EDIT BY PURPLEPOOT:

Thread cleaned—this is for hero submissions only. Not comments, reservations, etc.

That being said, thanks to hawk and Linaze in attempting to control it, but in the future please just refer me right away (hawk did in the end).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Fel Orc Battlemaster

battlemaster.png

Here is my - Fel Orc Battlemaster

STATS @ LVL 10

STATS : 47 STR
STATS : 29 AGI
STATS : 27 INT

Health Points : 1275
Mana Points : 405

Spells:
INCINERATE: 6, 6, 6 mana cost

Each attack made is enhanced with living flames that cling to the target. These flames add a small amount of damage on the first attack, twice as much on the second attack, three times as much on the third attack, etc. If a unit dies while under this effect, it is incinerated, causing significant damage to all nearby hostile units.

Level 1 - 1 bonus damage, 30 incineration damage.
Level 2 - 2 bonus damage, 45 incineration damage.
Level 3 - 3 bonus damage, 60 incineration damage.

PATH OF FIRE: 50, 75, 100 mana cost

Calls upon the depths demonic fire that will follow the hero, and create a path of fire that damages nearby enemy units. Lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 25 damage per second.

Level 2 - Deals 50 damage per second.

Level 3 - Deals 75 damage per second.

Cooldown - 60

BLOODSHED: Passive
Attacks done by the Fel Orc Battlemaster has a 20% chance to heal nearby friendly units.

Level 1 - 10 hit points.

Level 2 - 20 hit points.

Level 3 - 30 hit points.

Cooldown - Permanent

DARK PORTAL: 150 mana cost (ULTIMATE)

Opens a portal, allowing Fel Orc's to step through and follow the Battlemaster's orders.
Summons 4 Fel Orc Grunts for 50 seconds.

He is very balanced according to me, but I will let you guys judge him if he is or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Wraith Lord

This is my Hero ^^
Wraith.jpg
Shadow Lord

icons_6253_btn.jpg
Shadow Scythe - The Shadow
Lord vanishes and then strikes
the target with a powerfull slash.

icons_641_btn.jpg

~Coming~

Passive.jpg

Aura of Shadows - The Shadow Lord
has a change of 10% to dodge an
attack and give a certain bonus damage.

icons_552_btn.jpg

~Coming~

Model by donut3.5
Skill Icon #1 by KelThuzad
Skill Icon #2 by Unknown
Skill Icon #3 and #4 by Blizzard Entertainment

14/06/2009 ~ Selected Hero and entered the contest.
14/06/2009 ~ Added the first skill.
15/06/2009 ~ Added the second skill.

Last edited:
Level 14
Finished ^^ (i kinda rushed)

hero is --->MR.BEAN :D

he has default wc3 stats of the paladin
main attribute : strength
health : about 1300 at level 10

The spells will be found on this file --->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=hc335b

Multi Fire Bomb

icons_4827_btn.jpg
<---- this is not my icon its Kallimachos's im just borrowing it ( not its not used in game, i just wanted a icon for this one ^^)

the caster conjures a small flame that grows and turns the ground
under the enemies into fire dealing level of ability x 10 and lasting
for level of ability x 5.

Deflect Energy Transfer (buff/Passive)Deflect Energy Transfer (buff/passive)

PASBTNCommand.gif

causes the caster to put up a sheild that has a 10/20/30 % chance to
dematerialize the caster into fire and materialize as a human again
behind the attacking unit.

REVIVE WITH FLAMES (ulti)Revive With Flames(ulti)

images

This spell is actually a suicide spell, this spell is performed by an evil holy spell caster that can no longer call upon the light for help... but he tries anyway, thus the light goes through his body killing him and all units nearby from the energy release. (note: this spell is cast can be cast at anytime)

Fiery Rage

Immolation.gif

The unit creates a circle of flames around him dealing 20/40/60 damage
on contact.

Last edited:
Level 17
Lich King

My Lich.. It is finished i hope....CREDITS TO HAPPYTAUREN FOR MODEL OF LICH
Here is little about spells.....
CrushingWave

BTNCrushingWave.gif
Leveling:
Level - 1: 75 wave damage and 2-16% mana in damage
Level - 2: 125 wave damage and 2-16% mana in damage
Level - 3: 200 wave damage and 2-16% mana in damage

PowerfulBlizzard

images
Leveling:
Level - 1: 50 damage per shard and 1x Intelligence in damage
Level - 2: 100 damage per shard and 2x Intelligence in damage
Level - 3: 150 damage per shard and 3x Intelligence in damage

FrostStuff

images
Leveling:
Level - 1: 10% chance to deal 1.2 Intelligence in damage
Level - 2: 20% chance to deal 2.4 Intelligence in damage
Level - 3: 30% chance to deal 3.6 Intelligence in damage

FreezingHit

images
Ultimate:
Covers unit in ice for 5 seconds. Every second there is a 50% chance to deal random percent of maximum mana in damage. Else it will deal 0.4 Intelligence in damage.

Attachments

• Lich(HapyTauren's model).w3x
    63.2 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Level 25
Here is my hero :)

The trickster is a fast and intelligent agility hero, combining hiding and illusion spells in order to confuse the enemy so it can backstab it and kill it.

Spell 1 - Vanish - The Trickster dissapear with a boom in a big cloud of smoke and become invisible for a set amount of time, and if he attacks a enemy unit while invisible, he will deal extra damage to the target and some damage to nearby units.

Spell 2 - Tricky Aura (passive) - Gives additional attackspeed to nearby friendly units and if a unit attacks a unit that is under the effect of Tricky Aura, it has a chance to turn the attacking unit into a critter for 2 seconds. Half time on heroes.

Spell 3 - Meditation - The trickster begins to channel a spell. Summons one illusion of himself every second for 20 seconds or until he stops channel the spell. The trickster gets very vulnerable when channeling this spell, and loses some of his max hp every second. Illusions takes 200 % damage and deals 10 % of the tricksters damage.

Spell 4 - Where did he go? (ultimate) - The trickster swap places with a target enemy unit, dealing 200 damage and then creates 10 illusions of himself. Illusions deal 10 % of the tricksters damage and takes 200 % damage and lasts for 20 seconds. If the damage kills the targeted unit, the cooldown will reset.

------------------------
1.1 - Edited some minor things.
1.2 - Fixed mana cost on the spells T_T

Attachments

• TricksterHeroDone.w3x
    27.2 KB · Views: 120
  • TricksterHeroDone1.1.w3x
    27.4 KB · Views: 135
  • TricksterHeroDone1.2.w3x
    27.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Level 11
Finally I am FREE~~~

Do I need to add description?

EDIT BY MultiGod : Fixed some leaks

EDIT AGAIN BY MultiGod : Added 3 custom icons. Well, credits to Blizzard!

Attachments

• Hero - Infernalist.w3x
    131.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Hero - Infernalist 1.1.w3x
    131.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Hero - Infernalist 1.2.w3x
    166.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Level 18
Billy the Cat's Hero Contest #2 Submission

Mad Scientist made by Billy the Cat for Hero Contest #2.

For suggestions please PM/VM me or post in the Contest thread.

Good luck everyone and may the best contestant win! Pick me!

icons_5732_btn.jpg
Mad Scientist
Name: Zarn Stormhand
Race: Human
Hit Points and Mana Points at Level 10: 1000/570
Attack damage at Level 10: 40 - 50
Attack Cooldown: 2.40
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Strength: 21 + 1.70 per Level
Agility: 13 + 1.60 per Level
Intelligence: 19 + 2.20 per Level
Defense Base: 3
Speed Base: 240
Collision Size: 16.00

Costs and and Build Time are the normal values.
icons_5526_btn.jpg

Alchemist's Stone
45 Mana - 10 Seconds Cooldown
Creates an Alchemist's Stone at the target location.
Every 2 seconds this stone will drain 3 Gold and 1 Lumber from nearby enemy units. When the stone is killed all resources gathered by the stone will be given to it's owner.
The stone has 100 hit points and Divine Armor.
The stone will store only a limited amount of resources.

Level 1 - Drains 3 times, 120 maximum.
Level 2 - Drains 5 times, 200 maximum.
Level 3 - Drains 7 times, 280 maximum.
icons_5546_btn.jpg

Short Circuit
105 Mana - 15 Seconds Cooldown
Creates an Electricity Generator at the target location.
Every second the generator will emit a sparkle that damages nearby enemy units.
Eventually the generator will overload and all sparkles will deal a lot of damage at once to nearby enemy units and half the damage to structures.

Level 1 - 8 sparkles, 6 hit damage, 30 overloading damage, small movement radius.
Level 2 - 10 sparkles, 8 hit damage, 45 overloading damage, medium movement radius.
Level 3 - 12 sparkles, 10 hit damage, 60 overloading damage, large movement radius.
icons_3407_pas.jpg

Craftsmanship
Increases the life regeneration rate, mana regeneration rate, armor and damage of nearby friendly structures.

Level 1 - 10% damage, 1 armor, minor regeneration bonus.
Level 2 - 15% damage, 2 armor, moderate regeneration bonus.
Level 3 - 20% damage, 3 armor, greater regeneration bonus.
icons_5527_btn.jpg

Design Plans
170 Mana - 90 Seconds Cooldown
The Mad Scientist sends 2 tanks to the target location.
The tanks will crash and blow up, knocking back units inside the explosion. The explosion will damage units in a small radius for 250 damage and in a large radius for 175 damage. Units inside the explosion will take 25 damage per second.
The explosion lasts 6 seconds.

Also hits friendly units and destructibles!
Credits go to:
Norinrad - Battle Priest
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Ability Icons
WILLTHEALMIGHTY - Special Effect
Paladon - Knockback System
How To Use... Mad Scientist
This hero supports the longer melee games.
It should be placed in the Altar of Kings for Humans.
Spells should be chosen depending on the used strategy.

Some examples of supported strategies include:
Early Creeping - Short Circuit > Alchemist's Stone
Resource Crippling - Alchemist's Stone > Short Circuit
Tower Rush - Craftsmanship > Alchemist's Stone

This hero's spells are the best against big groups of enemies. Try getting up your level as fast as possible while preventing your opponent from getting a large army too early on. Eventually Design Plans can be used to deal a lot of damage to a large group of enemies or it can be used to destroy the enemy structures (an Orc Burrow will have 4 hit points left after it has been hit by Design Plans). Short Circuit has been weakened against structures to prevent early offensive rushing and for balancing issues (buildings can be hit by multiple explosions easily).
Latest Changelog:
- Alchemist's Stone now works every 2 second and drains 3, 5, 7 times with a maximum of 120, 200, 280 resources.
- Cooldown for Alchemist's Stone is 10 seconds.
- Craftsmanship no longer gives a chance to critical hit on buildings, but gives nearby buildings improved mana regeneration too (this is done with the intention to focus more on the style of the hero).
- Changed the effect on Craftsmanship.
- Added a new description to the Quest Log explaining how to use the abilities in a melee game. It also explains the synergy.
- Added the description here too.
- Added a new Altar Hero description.

Attachments

• Hero Contest #2 BillyTheCat NEW.w3x
    423.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Level 9
I've got alot going on right now so i quickly finished up my submission.
Overall i am very pleased with the spells and concepts and how it all synergizes very well together.
All in all, i like it but i could've done alot better job on the triggering itself. Well here is my submission:

The Argent Vanquisher:
Theme: Holy/light

Synergy?: I think the synergy of my hero turned out exceptionally well. You can use dancing weapon and it will mimic everything everything you do, this can be used with divine ritual for some nice damage. Then you can also use flee + divine ritual so your enemies suffer damage from DR but you can get away from it. Blitz adds a nice effect to the hero and little randomization which i think all good heroes need.

Abilities: The Argent Vanquishers four abilities are:

Blitz: (passive): Gives a 20% chance that the Argent Vanquisher will teleport behind his target doing 50 damage.

Flee: (active): You send a holy shock through the ground, stunning all of the enemies around you for 2 seconds and increasing your movement speed by 200 for 5 seconds.

Divine Ritual: (active): The Argent Vanquisher calls upon his summoning power to bring forth six blade minions that will move towards the enemy, if they collide with the target, 20 damage is inflicted to all units aorund it! The target can dodge these blades.
This will damage you aswell if you're within melee range.

Dancing Blade: (ultimate):
Allows the Argent Vanquisher to summon a fallen ancestor that wields a blade that is half his level, it will mimic all of his attacks, movements, and spells.The blade lasts for 20 seconds.

The Map: The map is setup in a gauntlet type event. Type -start to start the waves,
after you kill one boss you have 10 seconds before the next one.
This allows the player to test their skills continously on different mobs.
Another bonus about this is that you can start the event whenever you
want, you have as long as you want to look at the spells, i think its pretty
stupid when the map starts and theres already stuff attacking you and you
don't have time to learn your spells.

Keep in mind!: Pease keep in the mind that the balance of this Hero was tested with another player
playing the opposing hero, it is only balanced in the case that both players (heroes) are using their abilities.

Submission is attached
Cheers,
-Bane

Attachments

• Bane - Hero Contest #2.w3x
    272.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Level 18
Ok, so here is my hero:

Name- Storm Slayer
Theme- Electricity
Main Attribute- Strength
Basic Strength- 21
Basic Intelligence- 18
Basic Agility- 13
Health at level 10- 1250
Mana at level 10- 555
Base Defense- 2

Info- Mystic warrior, which has balancing between strength and intelligence. Can learn ability Re-Power, Static Field, Uncontrolled Electricity and Revenge From Heaven.

Re-Power- Heals the target over 5 seconds. After that time target unit gets Lighting Shield, which will last 10 sec.
Level 1 - Heals 200
Level 2 - Heals 400
Level 3 - Heals 600

Type- Healing/Buff

Static Field- Creates lighting balls, which will slam the ground, dealing damage and slowing all units in the spell range by 50%.
Level 1 - Deals 60 Damage
Level 2 - Deals 100 Damage
Level 3 - Deals 140 Damage

Type- Damage AoE

Uncontrolled Electricity- Grants you a little % chance, that when under attack of melee unit you will unleash you powers to send chain lighting, which first target will be attacking unit.
Level 1 - 2 jumps 75 damage 4% chance
Level 2 - 3 jumps 95 damage 8% chance
Level 3 - 3 jumps 125 damage 12% chance

Type- Passive/Offensive

Revenge From Heaven (Ultimate)- Puts all your powers into heaven, and later sends them back on targeted unit, closing it into ball and stunning it for 4 sec. Also deals 450 Damage.

Type- Damage One Target

Credits goes to:
Hueter - for Strom Slayer skin
Anarchon - for Revenge From Heaven icon
Infinitynexus - for Uncontrolled Electricity icon
Xarwin - for Static Field icon
Blizzard - for Re-Power icon ;P
Pyrite - for Revenge From Heaven electro ball model

Last update changed uncontrolled electricity- attacker must be melee unit but chance of appearing lighting for every level is has been incarased by +1%. Again ultimate improved.

EDIT: The spell has been changed last time!
EDIT: Ok I had to edit again. Please chack this one.

Attachments

• Storm Slayer for Hero Contest #2.w3x
    255.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Storm Slayer For Hero Contest #2 1.01.w3x
    167.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Level 9
Martin Barbov Submission - Watcher

Updated: More story added.
Updated: Finished Story.
Updated: Post Polished.
Updated: Testmap Update: added more comments and story.
added allied units to test heal.
So, here it is:
watcher.jpg

Model - Kael

Starting Stats:
Str - 16 + 1.90
Agi - 17 + 1.70

Int - 18 + 2.30

Mystical Hero, adept at controlling light and darkness. Can learn Sunray Scorch, Twilight Zone, Balance and Rift.

Sunray Scorch
sunray_tooltip.jpg

Notes: Will creates a Sunray that travels from the Watcher to the target point. The Sunray will stay 4 seconds and if it reaches the target sooner it will stay there till it disappears. The fires, started by the sunray will deal additional 20 damage per second that stacks with the sunray damage but not with itself.
sunray_scr.jpg

Twilight Zone
twilight_tooltip.jpg

Notes: This is a channeling ability that confuses the enemies. On level one it will just make them miss but on 2 and 3 it will become fight winner ability. It makes 1/3 of the enemy units run out of the zone(it has 400 aoe), another 1/3 start to attack their allies and the last part will just miss and move slower. If an unit leaves the zone it will be free from the effects(even if it ran out of it because of fear). The unit effects are chosen the first time an unit enters the zone and if it enters again another effect will be randomely picked. The player has control on his units but they will be ordered to run/attack every second(thats fo balancing purposes).
twilight_scr.jpg

Balance
balance_tooltip.jpg

Notes: Balance is a fully synergical ability and it does nothing on its own. It adds additional functionality on the other three abilities.
Sunray Scorch - when the sunray disappears(on the 4th second) an explosion will deal additional damage.
balance_scr1.jpg

Twilight Zone - when the zone disappears(no matter if the time ran out or the channel was manually stoped) all allied units will be healed
balance_scr2.jpg

Rift - If all elements that passed are of the same side additional 7th unit will be summoned to maintain the balance(more of that later)

Rift
rift_tooltip.jpg

Notes: This ability creates 6 random units (chosing from 3 light and 3 darkness types). They will be unselectable and will follow your hero and attack you enemies(they are invulnerable and act like locust swarm). Some of these units have their own abilities and will automatically use them.
rift_scr.jpg

Units Summoned:
rift_units.jpg

Ghost - Will take control of the first unit it attacks(if it can of course)
Phantom - On each attack will create copy of himself that attack the enmy from behind(basically thats double damage)
Shadow - melee attacker
Spark - close range attacker
Wisp - ranged attacker
Spirit - will heal you units
The Deities(light and darkness) are stronger than the other units. Besides that they act like the rest of the group. A deity will be summoned if all the 6 units are of the same element. If all 6 are darkness then a light deity will be summoned and so on.

The Order of Twilight
Since the begining of time a powerful secret organization has existed - the "Order of the Twilight". Its purpose is one - to keep the balance of the forces in the endless conflict between light and darkness. The order's agents, the watchmen, are trained since before they are born to control the powers of light and harness the powers of darkness to their bidding. During the night they spread light and fire and during the day - darkness and shadow to ensure none of the elements become too powerful and overwhelming.

The Watchers
The Watchers are chosen only among the newborn of the eldest of races - the elves. They are taken to never again return to their homeland. Then they are trained to control the power of light and darkness and to sense disturbance in the universal balance.

Sunray Scorch

According to the legends several ages ago, the Twilight Order assisted the Sun god Helion in his assault on the Citadel of Chaos. Helion, although knowing that the order acted on its own behalf, rewarded the Watchers by allowing them to command his powers. During this legendary event the first Watchers used the sunrays for the first time. Since then they have mastered the Sun to disperse the darkness.

Twilight Zone
Summoning a Twilight Zone is fairly simple. The Watcher just has to replace part of his realm with a zone in the Lands of Darkness. This however is a very dangerous spell because if not cast properly it may damage the very matter of the world. This is why only the most skillful of Watchers are taught to use it.

Balance
The Watcher's most powerful weapon and yet most obligatory duty is the Balance. The purpose of the order is to maintain it. The Watchers are taught from the very beginning of their apprenticeship that the balance is the most important lesson they will ever learn. Every time a Watcher summons elemental energies he must allow the same amount of the opposing element to enter the place, thus ensuring none of the two opposites would become common in the area.

Rift
Invoking a rift is similar to the creation of a twilight zone, but much simplier. To accomplish it the Watcher has to open a crack in the reality, thus allowing some elemental creatures to enter his domain. According to an ancient pact between the Order and the masters of Creation and Destruction the elementals that pass the rift are forced to obey the Watcher's commands. To make sure the imbalance, caused by the rift, is not too big, the Watcher can willingly summon a powerful deity that stops the opposing element of becoming hegemonical.

The Elements - Light and Darkness
Light and Darkness must not be taken literally. Although the actual light and darkness are very important for the balance in the Universe they are also symbols of much greater powers. The light symbolizes the creation and order while the darkness - destruction and chaos.

Sunray Scorch icon - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Sunray Scorch model - Callahan
Sunray Scorch dark energy model - Mc !
Twilight Zone icon - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Twilight Zone model - JetFangInferno
Twilight Zone buff model - JetFangInferno
Rift faerie model - Elenai
Wisp missile model - Carrington2k (AKA Escaper-Phoenix)
Hero glow model(torch omni) - neogaidenx
Hero attachment light model - Metal_Sonic
Rift model - JetFangInferno
Twilight Zone light model - JetFangInferno
Rift Deities effects model - JetFangInferno
Rift Light deity model - donut3.5

Note: Some effects are used more than once. Only their first use is shown. Resource not listed here are made by me.

Attachments

• MartinBarbov_Watcher_herocont2.w3x
    269.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Rhino !

Well the known synergy for Rhino is the first ability and the Ultimate, you cast the Ultimate and charges to the targeted area with the first ability, the hero won't stop when he counters a unit because the ultimate takes effect on that unit, but if the hero counters the unit twice while charging he will stop and the first ability takes effect.

You should try it for better understanding.

The second is first and second ability, you Horn drill the unit meaning cast second ability on unit, the charges to his position, this is a normal sysnergy.

You cast the second ability then when the unit reaches the ground he will still be stunned, you cast your ultimate and ruch to charge that unit, this will deal massive damage.

His passive gives him movement speed gradualy and then stomps when it reaches a certain speed, thus it synergy the most with your Ultimate that deals movement speed x 1.2 this will be a killer, also with the first ability that also when you charge it may also stomp while charging and the second to arrive to that unit faster when casting your Ultimate.

The hero is a wonderfull hero ^^

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...245925948-hero-contest-2-rhino-submission.w3x

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 15
My Submission: Blazing Fighter.
Figure out everything by yourself. I follow the style Blizzard set for us.
Also, Good luck to All!
Feedback would be appreciated! (Feedback here)

CREDITS: Vexorian's Local Handle Vars system

26/06/2009- Fixed some stuff. Thanks to Billy the Cat for the Bug Reports!
28/06/2009- Fixed more stuff. Thanks to Kingz for the Bug Reports!
01/07/2009- Fixed more stuff. Made code more efficient/cleaner. Made hero more balanced :)

Attachments

• Blazing Fighter.w3x
    52.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Level 11
At last I have finished my hero and implemented him into the Melee map.
So, here it is:

Pandarean Earthshaker
portrait_kenken.jpg

Main attribute: Strength
Background: The warrior of the snow beorn clan, which had become native to the earth itself. Dared to deepen into an ancient knowledge of the mother earth, he now easily manipulates any aspect of it, like earth, dirt, rocks and other. Can learn "Seismic Bounce", "Stone Skin", "Heavy Smash" and "Ground Fury".
Fitting: Should be placed in the neutral tavern among the other heroes and Pandarean Brewmaster.
Abilities:

icons_4552_btn.jpg

Pandarean Earthshaker pushes off from the ground and makes three random jumps around the place. After each jump he generates a powerful stomp dealing damage to all nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.

BTNHardenedSkin.jpg

The skin of targeted friendly unit becomes covered with a stone tissue, granting him additional armor. Every attacking unit will get a 21% chance to break his weapon for 4 seconds, decreasing his attack damage by 25%.
Level 1 - 3 bonus armor.
Level 2 - 5 bonus armor.
Level 3 - 7 bonus armor.

BTNGolemThunderclap.gif

Gives warrior a chance to make a massive stomp and deal a 15 extra damage to the target unit. Also deals minor damage to nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 7% chance, 15 enemies damage.
Level 2 - 14% chance, 20 enemies damage.
Level 3 - 21% chance, 25 enemies damage.

BTNEntanglemine.jpg

The hero starts dancing on one place, beating the boulders from the ground and throwing them at enemy units around him. Just after the start all the units in 600 AoE will be knockbacked from him. Each boulder deals 45 damage.
Lasts 15 seconds.

Channeling

Paladon: For his Knockback and Jumping systems.
WILLTHEALLMIGHTY: For his Dirt Explosion model and Armageddon icon.
JetFangInferno: For his Bubble and Sand Explosion models.
ThEkInGoFdEaD: For his Ying-Yang aura model.

Attachments

• [HeroContest#2]Aspard.w3x
    330.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 8
Here comes mine :

The Orcish Steerman

Name :Gruzlak

Marine Hero with a great health power and being capable of doing devasting damage to whole armies. Can learn Magical Map , Explosive Stump , To the Sharks and Orcish Battleship
Main Attribute:Strength

To the Sharks!!!

Like every shiplover Gruzlak has a own piece of lumber to throw people into the shark filled sea , dealing damage and slowing it.!300 casting range!
Level 1: Deals 50 damage and slows 25% for 3 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 90 damage and slows 25% for 3.5 seconds.
Level 3: Deals 130 damage and slows 25% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown : 15 / 13 / 11 seconds
All Levels have a 10% chance that a fat enemy was thrown into the water taking nearby units with him ,affecting all enemy units in a 200 AOE but also dealing 20 x level damage to the Orcish Steerman.

Magical Map
Once the Orcish Steerman found this map in a terminated ship.Since he knows what the map is able to do , he never let it out of his eyes.He now always knows what his enemys are doing and can use this knowledge to deal more damage to them.
Level 1: Reveals enemy heros for 2.5 seconds and let them loose 2 armor for 2.5 seconds
Level 2: Reveals enemy heros for 5 seconds and let them loose 4 armor for 5 seconds
Level 3: Reveals enemy heros for 7.5 seconds and let them loose 6 armor for 7.5 seconds
Cooldown: 25 / 23 / 21 seconds

Explosive Stump[PAS]
Gruzlak still has both legs left , but he already bought a new wooden leg. He fills the wooden leg with a explosive mixture which explodes every few attacks , dealing damage and knocking back units in an AOE.
Level 1: Deals 20 dmg and knocks units back every 6th attack
Level 2: Deals 40 dmg and knocks units back every 5th attack
Level 3: Deals 60 dmg and knocks units back every 4th attack

Orcish Battleship
Gruzlak always lets his tinker Gribligug put his ship on wheels when he lands on a new coast. Gribligug gets this order because of the ships enormous power destroying every thing in its path
ULTIMATE: The devasting Battleship deals 175 damage per second to units in a 150 AOE and travels for 1000 range
Cooldown : 100 seconds

For Credits look map =D

Edit:

I like the Panda Earthshaker and the Mad Scientist btw:thumbs_up:

Edit 2 : fixed a minor angle problem new map is up

Edit 3 : Misc fixes i think thats final

Attachments

• Saia_DjinnContest1.1b.w3x
    117 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 16
Volcano Giant

GROCKLAR THE VOLCANO GIANT

skins_1771_screenshot_tnb.jpg

SPELLS:

Tremor

icons_6610_btn.jpg

Ability Type: Active
Target Type: None
Effect: Area Damage & Summon
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Mana Cost: 100/125/140

Description:Slams the ground causing 3 boulders rippled out from the ground and dealing initial damage. When a boulder crush the ground it takes damage, and summons a lava spawn.

Level 1 - Deals 50 initial damage, 90 damage each boulder.
Level 2 - Deals 100 initial damage, 180 damage each boulder.
Level 3 - Deals 150 initial damage, 270 damage each boulder.

Magma Crush

icons_5938_btn.jpg

Ability Type: Active
Effect: Area Damage
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana Cost: 100

Description:Slams the ground, tossing nearby enemy units into the air. Deals damage on impact.

Level 1 - Deals 60 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 140 damage.

Enrage

icons_6761_btn.jpg

Ability Type: Passive
Effect: Area Damage, Knockback, Remove Buffs

Description:Grocklar has a 10% chance to unleash his rage aura. Knockbacking nearby enemy units, and remove all negative buffs from him.

Level 1 - Deals 75 knockback damage.
Level 2 - Deals 100 knockback damage.
Level 3 - Deals 125 knockback damage.

Meteor Shower

icons_7486_btn.jpg

Meteor Shower
Ability Type: Channeling
Effect: Area Damage, Ignite
Cooldown: 150 seconds
Mana Cost: 175

Description:Calls massive meteors fall from the sky, dealing massive damage and ignite to anyone who is directly hit by it.

Spells:
- scorpion182

Systems:
- Vexorian (TimerUtils)
- Rising_Dusk (Knockback)

Models:
- Vexorian (dummy.mdx)

Skins:
- evilwart-dragon (mountain.blp)

Icons:

- KelThuzad (BTNBloodlust)
- FrIkY (BTNFireImpact)
- anarchianbedlam (BTNRagnarok)
- Mr.Goblin (BTNRainoffire)

Attachments

• Volcano Giant.w3x
    348.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Level 4
KimiKanBanko, The Evil Naga

DESCRIPTION
KimiKanBanko is the last creature in the Evil Naga. When Azshara and some night elves had become one of the vile Naga, there was a small group of Naga called the Evil Naga, who dedicated themselves to bring corruption to the world and serve the Burning Legion. Only a few of the evil Naga were able to perfect their spells and one of them was KimiKanBanko. Their spells are powerful and devastating. Their Spells include the effects Chaos, Fire, Death and Destruction.

SPELLS
BURNING GROUND
Summons the Naga Firelord to spread his flames around the caster and blind nearby units
Mana Cost : 130
Level 1 AOE Damage : 50
Level 2 AOE Damage : 100
Level 3 AOE Damage : 150

DARKNESS
A wave of dark force that ripples out from the Hero, causing damage to land units in a line.
Mana Cost : 100
Level 1 Damage : 75
Level 2 Damage : 130
Level 3 Damage : 200

LIFE STEAL
Nearby friendly melee units gain hit points when they hit enemy units.
Mana Cost : [PASSIVE]
Level 1 - Attack Damage Stolen(%) : 0.15
Level 2 - Attack Damage Stolen(%) : 0.30
Level 3 - Attack Damage Stolen(%) : 0.45

EVIL TRANSFORMATION
Transforms the Evil Naga into a powerful Firelord with a ranged attack and 500 bonus hit points. Lasts 60 seconds.
Mana Cost : 200

ATTRIBUTE BONUS
Gives a total of 3 points to Agility, Intelligence, and Strength every level of 10 Levels
Mana Cost : [PASSIVE]

[UPDATED]

Attachments

• Evil Naga.w3x
    589.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Evil Naga v1.1.w3x
    588.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 11
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=rfmznb

Here is my hero for the contest. There is good 10 hours of work in it. Hope it wont be last :)
I am to lazy to write all the spells and stuff, and rules dont say I have to. Just play the map and see.
NOTE: TAKE HUMAN RACE. HERO IS FOR HUMANS.
Credit are inside. Map was made by Blizzard Entertainment - Emerald Garden.

Good luck everybody =D

Last edited:
Level 11
Master of Energy
By M4stah

attachment.php

Using his mana and the energy around him, the Master of Energy is a great force against spellcasters

Abilities
The Master of Energy releases a bolt of energy, dealing damage to all units it passes and draining mana. Every level increases damage done, mana drained and the range.
Level 1 - 5 damage and 8 mana drained per second and small range.
Level 2 - 8 damage and 10 mana drained per second and medium range.
Level 3 - 10 damage and 13 mana drained per second and large range.

Whenever the Master of Energy kills a unit with over 75% mana a Mana Summon is generated from the units mana pool.
Level 1 - 20-24 damage and 350 HP.
Level 2 - 22-26 damage, 400 HP and Feedback ability.
Level 3 - 24-28 damage, 450 HP and Feedback and Mana Shield abilities.

Using his powers, the Master of Energy converts the flesh of an enemy, friend or himself to mana. Damage done and mana added increases with the level.
Level 1 - 100 damage and 50 mana.
Level 2 - 150 damage and 75 mana.
Level 3 - 200 damage and 100 mana

ULTIMATE
The Master of Energy releases all his inner energy, causing energy speheres to circle around him. Enemies within the range get 40 damage per second and are taken with the energy speheres. Lasts 10 seconds

Map commands:
-level: Increases the level of the heroes
-heal: Completely replenishes the HP and MP of the heroes and resets cooldown
-revive: Revives the hero at the start location
Creeps respawn 5 seconds after they are all killed.

Credits for imports are in the map. Good luck to all other contestants

EDIT:Some leaks fixed

Attachments

• Master of Energy By M4stah.w3x
    121.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Master of Energy.PNG
    Master of Energy.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,847
Last edited:
Level 16
Requires:
- JassHelper (0.9.H.3)

Changes:
- Added new CombopointListener version see also: CombopointListener
- Fixed a bug in the SphereSystem which could occur if hte hero entered higher positions
- Reworked Ultimate
- Now the extra damage and reduced damage of Arcane Perserverrance are shown

Archmaiden

The Archmaiden, proud keeper of the Arcane Sanctum in the northern lands.
Her magic grants her great power, but she has to be aware of those powers,
one mistake could destroy the balance of all known beings.

Hero Stats:
Strength: 18 + 1.9
Agility: 11 + 0.75
Intelligence: 22 + 3.35 Main-Attribute

125969-albums1821-picture13764.jpg

110 Mana

Alynil summons 2 missiles which move towards the target position. If a missile hits an enemy it will deal damage and destroy mana.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the damage is increased by 10% and the mana destroyed by 20%.
This ability grants a Magical Sphere.
Level 1 - Each missile deals 35 damage and destroys 20 mana.
Level 2 - Each missile deals 70 damage and destroys 40 mana.
Level 3 - Each missile deals 105 damage and destroys 60 mana.

Cooldown: 11 seconds

125969-albums1821-picture13766.jpg

125 Mana

To damage an enemy, Alynil concentrates her power on the inner strength of her target. The enemy will be forced to bear torturous pain. Each second the target is damaged and also there is a chance of 8% that the power of this spell will overload and damage all nearby enemies.
Lasts 8 seconds.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the chance is increased by 4% that the spell overloads.
Level 1 - Deals 10 damage per second and 20 damage if the spell overloads.
Level 2 - Deals 20 damage per second and 40 damage if the spell overloads.
Level 3 - Deals 30 damage per second and 60 damage if the spell overloads.

Cooldown: 13 seconds

125969-albums1821-picture13765.jpg

Alynil concentrates her magical power to strengthen her mind and body. All spells casted by Alynil will deal 5% more damage. Also all damage against her is reduced by 7% and she regenerates 1 mana per 1 second.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the effect of 'Arcance Perseverance' is increased.
Level 1 - Increases the damage dealt by 2% and reduces the damage taken by 3%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.25 per sphere.
Level 2 - Increases the damage dealt by 3% and reduces the damage taken by 4%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.5 per sphere.
Level 3 - Increases the damage dealt by 4% and reduces the damage taken by 5%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.75 per sphere.

125969-albums1821-picture13767.jpg

250 Mana

Alynil uses a huge amount of magical power. Therefore she creates 30 tendrils made out of pure energy. Those tendrils move slowly away from her and damaging each enemy they hit by 48 per second. After 6 seconds Alynil releases an energy wave damaging all nearby enemies over 6 seconds by 125.
Each 'Magical Sphere' increases the damage of the tendrils by 12.8 per second and the damage of the aftereffect by 20%.
Resets the 'Magical Spheres'.

Cooldown: 90 seconds

Attachments

• Hero Contest #2 - Archmaiden.w3x
    366.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Level 9
Requires:
- JassHelper (0.9.H.3)

Archmaiden

The Archmaiden, proud keeper of the Arcane Sanctum in the northern lands.
Her magic grants her great power, but she has to be aware of those powers,
one mistake could destroy the balance of all known beings.

125969-albums1821-picture13764.jpg

Alynil summons 2 missiles which move towards the target position. If a missile hits an enemy it will deal damage and destroy mana.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the damage is increased by 10% and the mana destroyed by 20%.
Level 1 - Each missile deals 35 damage and destroys 20 mana.
Level 2 - Each missile deals 70 damage and destroys 40 mana.
Level 3 - Each missile deals 105 damage and destroys 60 mana.

125969-albums1821-picture13766.jpg

To damage an enemy, Alynil concentrates her power on the inner strength of her target. The enemy will be forced to bear torturous pain. Each second the target is damaged and also there is a chance of 8% that the power of this spell will overload and damage all nearby enemies.
Lasts 8 seconds.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the chance is increased by 4% that the spell overloads.
Level 1 - Deals 10 damage per second and 20 damage if the spell overloads.
Level 2 - Deals 20 damage per second and 40 damage if the spell overloads.
Level 3 - Deals 30 damage per second and 60 damage if the spell overloads.

125969-albums1821-picture13765.jpg

Alynil concentrates her magical power to strengthen her mind and body. All spells casted by Alynil will deal 5% more damage. Also all damage against her is reduced by 7% and she regenerates 1 mana per 1 second.
For each 'Magical Sphere' the effect of 'Arcance Perseverance' is increased.
Level 1 - Increases the damage dealt by 2% and reduces the damage taken by 3%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.25 per sphere.
Level 2 - Increases the damage dealt by 3% and reduces the damage taken by 4%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.5 per sphere.
Level 3 - Increases the damage dealt by 4% and reduces the damage taken by 5%, also increases the mana regeneration by 0.75 per sphere.

125969-albums1821-picture13767.jpg

Alynil uses a huge amount of magical power. Therefore she creates 30 tendrils made out of pure energy. Those tendrils move slowly away from her and damaging each enemy they by 10 per interval.
Each 'Magical Sphere' increases the damage by 2.
Resets the 'Magical Spheres'.

Lol, I give up. The price goes to you :p.

Nice icons too :) did u create them? :D

Level 10
Skeleton Rider

Fiuh... I get to deadline.
Here's my hero

Skeleton Rider
attachment.php

Long ago, scourge create experiment use human to make a Death Knight. So many experiment is fail and create a Death Knight without flesh nor Dark Energy. Useless to scourge, Those failure body disposed and left in wilderness.
Those body gather together and create minor team. They find their way to make contract with the Darkness and given Darkness Spell and Power, but their soul is placed between Normal World and Netherworld.
Have nothing to do, they work as mercenary, that can easily find in Tavern and wear a Black Hood to cover body.

Warrior Hero, A failure part of creating Death Knight. Disposed by scourge, then start as a mercenary. They all create a contract with the darkness, make they mastered the dark spell, but their soul placed between the death and the life. Can learn Darkness Charge, Soul Mastery, Burning Will , and Poltergeist
Attacks land units.

Darkness Charge Icon.jpg
Skeleton Rider use darkness energy and charge the targeted unit. Targeted unit will suffer damage, knocked back and stunned. Unit come in Skeleton Rider way will knocked back to the side.
Level 1 - 150 knockback distance. 50 damage and 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 200 knockback distance. 75 damage and 2 second stun.
Level 3 - 250 knockback distance. 100 damage and 3 second stun.
attachment.php

Soul Mastery Icon.jpg
Skeleton Rider can control the soul of its victim. Every time Skeleton Rider kill a unit, its HP will restored slightly and have a chance to control the soul. Controlled soul will follow Skeleton Rider and damage unit near it. Every time Skeleton Rider HP fall by 10%, one soul will freed.
Skeleton Rider can only control a limited number of soul.
Level 1 - 10 HP restored on each kill, 10% chance to control soul, 5 damage when near soul. Maximum 5 soul. Soul will wander in 400 AoE around Hero.
Level 2 - 20 HP restored on each kill, 20% chance to control soul, 10 damage when near soul. Maximum 7 soul. Soul will wander in 500 AoE around Hero.
Level 3 - 30 HP restored on each kill, 30% chance to control soul, 15 damage when near soul. Maximum 9 soul. Soul will wander in 600 AoE around Hero.
attachment.php

Burning Will Icon.jpg
Skeleton Rider can awaken the nearby dead unit will. Dead unit inside targeted area will create a burning flame as a symbol of it will and attack nearby unit. Skeleton Rider will control the flame to only target Skeleton Rider enemy. Unit attacked by flame will suffer damage, have it armor reduced and have reduced movement.
Level 1 - Soul have 15 attack damage, reduce 0.5 armor. max. 10 soul.
Level 2 - Soul have 20 attack damage, reduce 0.75 armor. max. 15 soul.
Level 3 - Soul have 25 attack damage, reduce 1 armor. max. 20 soul.
Soul will reduce 10% movement speed.
Effect can stack up to 5 times.
Effect last 10 second and resetted every stacked.
attachment.php

Poltergeist Icon.jpg
Skeleton Rider connect the targeted area to Netherworld. Every second, 7 ghost will appear and wander. Unit get pass by ghost will get various effect depend from the ghost type. One unit can only get one effect.
Banshee: Affected unit will move randomly every second.
Phantom: Affected unit will damaged every time that unit attack.
Necromancer: Affected unit will leave plague cloud every second that damage unit nearby.
Archmage: Affected unit will lost 5% of its Movement every second.
Keeper: Affected unit will stunned every 2 second.
Shade: Affected unit will lost 1% of its mana every second.
Vengeance: Affected unit will damaged every time unit nearby dies.
Wolf: Affected unit will damaged every second.
Effect last until unit get out from Area or Area duration is end.
When area end, it will cause explosion that damage every unit inside.
Area last 30 second.
attachment.php

v1.00
Upload

v1.01
Fix bug that make Plague Cloud permanent
Fix some Poltergeist bug
Fix Soul Mastery bug

v1.02
Reduce Poltergeist Lag
Change some Poltergeist Effect

v1.03
Fix Burning Will Bug
Fix Soul Mastery Bug
Add more effect to Poltergeist

Credit in Map's Quest.
Map is an AoS map.
And, I use no Imported Dummy model!
Special Thanks to Byaku for find Bug

Attachments

• Skeleton Rider.jpg
    Skeleton Rider.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,150
  • Burning Will.jpg
    Burning Will.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 906
  • Darkness Charge.jpg
    Darkness Charge.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Hero Contest #2. [MageGoo] v1.03.w3x
    282.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Soul Mastery.jpg
    Soul Mastery.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 907
  • Poltergeist.jpg
    Poltergeist.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:
Level 17
Karas, the Dark Lord

This is my final entry :

KARAS, Lord of Darkness

151783-albums1222-picture13804.jpg

Soul Rip
151783-albums1222-picture13799.bmp

The Lord of Darkness sends out a dark wave of souls.
These souls grab to all living things, dealing damage to them.
If a unit dies from this, a skeleton minion will be summond.

The Skeleton Minion has 100 hit points, deals 15 - 20 damage
and lasts 30 seconds.
Minions of Darkness
151783-albums1222-picture13803.bmp

All units near the Lord of Darkness gets infected with a dark,
senister energy. When they die, the darkness is released and
a skeleton minion is summond for the Dark Lord.

Skeleton minons lasts 30 seconds.
Dark Ritual
151783-albums1222-picture13843.bmp

The Darklord sacrivices an friendly unit. That unit combusts
and deals damage to nearby enemies

Lord of Darkness
151783-albums1222-picture13801.bmp

The Lord of Darkness summons a greater skeleton with
400 base hit points, 20 - 30 base damage and a Sinister Aura.

When he summons the greater skeleton, all nearby skeleton
minions will be sacrificed for the greater skeleton.
Each sacrificed skeleton adds 20 bonus hit points,
5 bonus damage and increases the Sinister Aura.

Sinister Aura - When a unit kills an enemy, that is healed for some of its hit points.
And it's done, my final work.

Credits :

HappyTauren - Skeleton moddels and Icon
bananaHUNT - Icon
RightField - Model

View attachment [Hero Contest 2]Xiliger Submision.w3x

Last edited:
Level 25
Clockwerk Goblin

Well finaly finished my entry and not a moment too late.
Now he is finished and only a bit tuning may hapen but no radical changes.
So i present you the Clockwerk Goblin:

upload_01.jpg
Warrior Hero, exceptional at breaking large enemy armies and defending the base. Can learn Cluster Mines, Crack Bomb, Shrapnel Technology and Massive Fragmentation.
Attacks land units.
Stats:
Strength: 22 + 2.4
Inteligence: 20 + 2.1
Agility: 12 + 1.7
Move Speed: 305

upload_02.jpg

Manacost : 120/145/170
Cooldown : 35 seconds
Fires off a mortar missile, upon reaching the targeted area the missile cracks sheding mines upon the battlefield. Each mine deals 65 damage in 250 AOE upon destruction.Gains benefits from Shrapnel Technology.
Level 1 - Deploys 3 mines.
Level 2 - Deploys 4 mines.
Level 3 - Deploys 5 mines.

upload_03.jpg

Mana Cost: 40/50/60
Cooldown : 2 seconds
Throws a spining bomb at the target area. Upon almost reaching the ground the bomb explodes sending shrapnel on nearby units dealing physical damage and reducing speed. Multiple casts stack.Gains benefits from Shrapnel Technology.
Level 1 - Deals 15 direct damage, reduces movement speed by 5 and deals 3 damage per second for 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 20 direct damage, reduces movement speed by 7 and deals 4 damage per second for 10 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 25 direct damage, reduces movement speed by 9 and deals 5 damage per second for 10 seconds.

upload_04.jpg

Mana Cost : none
Cooldown : none
Provides the Clockwerk hero a deeper understanding of physics allowing him to improve his abilities. Each level increases the potency of his other spells.
Cluster Mines - Adds 3 damage per second to affected enemies and a 150 points knockback.
Crack Bomb - Increases the potency of the shrapnel sprayed, increasing the chances of double shrapnel sprays for 10%.
Massive Fragmentation - Increases the number of fragments by 5 for each level.

upload_05.jpg

Mana Cost: 190
Cooldown : 210
Causes the Clockwerk to change his parts into giant razor blades and explode. The explosion send the blades flying in all directions, dealing damage and eventualy returning to form the Clockwerk again. Causes 25 damage per second to every unit, disolves into 20 parts, can hit flying units. Deals damage as the parts passes through units.

Clockwerk Goblins are made by only the expert tinkers. Oftenly used in combat to turn the tides of battles their ability to divide an army into small groups is unquestonable. High quality clockwerks are said to be able to transform their body into a mayhem of blades but rare are the living persons who speak of this. Weak in health they are else given more magical supstance then other strength heroes. Their relatively low damage is balanced by the gyro coils that increase their attack speed which is twice of the normal heroes. Foolish are enemies who stay and fight the clockwerk, as the shranpel he sends rends the flesh apart more and more quickly every time.

EDIT:
Credits are given inside the map, in the trigger editor.

• optimized the code a bit
  • removed all known leaks
  • added an another test hero from Purple player while the user waits for the stock interval
  • changed the effect of blood in Massive Fragmentation to footman blood instead stampede blood to reduce any possible lag
  • added some info about the hero, pointing out his good and bad sides(didn't know should i leave that to the mods)

Attachments

• Hero Contest #2 - Clockwerk Goblin[Kingz].w3x
    112.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Your Cluster Mines ability is quite a bit like my heroes Dynamite ability, now that i've looked at it.

Though some issues with the Morph prevented me from making this hero as great as it was in the first draft, I've decided to submit it and hope for the best.

I've balanced the Hero as well as I could without access to B.Net to test it, making him diverse, being able to lead full on attacks, or assault a large base on his own, using his Ultimate ability to slip by defences and plant explosives wherever he likes.

All four abilities of the Stonebreaker.
Dynamite

The hero throws a powerful bomb, which explodes after a few seconds, spawning smaller bombs to deal 100(Lv1)-200(Lv3) damage.
Cowardice

Like any cowardly Kobold, the Stonebreaker can and most likely will run in fear, this ability allows the hero to simply run faster.
Greater Awareness (Replacing Skullsplitter Ability)

Thanks to previous enchantments, the candle on top of the Stonebreakers head allows him to see Burrowed units(at LV3, burrowed AND invisible).
Dig

Using his knowledge as a Miner, the Kobold Stonebreaker digs a hole in the ground, making him invisible, and allowing him to move and regenerate much quicker.
It's kind of rough around the edges, but I think i've done quite well with this hero.

Attachments

• KoboldStoneBreaker.PNG
    KoboldStoneBreaker.PNG
    136.6 KB · Views: 280
  • HeroContestEntry_HeroStoneBreaker.zip
    465.9 KB · Views: 102
Level 9
I gues I will post mine here to, but I will try adding a thing to it later but anyways.

Custom skin made by: ME :)

Death Scream
attachment.php

Spells

Teleports behind a target and slashes it with a deadly strike dealing damage then teleports back to your position.
Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 160 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 220 damage.

Cooldown: 24/22/20 seconds
[/COLOR]

Marks a target with a skull. This target deal damage to all enemies in a 300 yard range including the target, every second. And all damage done to the target is increased. In addition if the target dies while marked you will gain 30% of your max hp. Last 15 second.
Level 1 - Deals 20 damage every second, and increase damage all damage done to this target by 10.
Level 2 - Deals 30 damage every second, and increase all damage done to this target by 20.
Level 3 - Deals 40 damage every second, and increase damage all damage done to this target by 30.

Cooldown: 45 seconds

You have become The Reaper it will increase the efficiency in all your abilities:
Execute - If your target doesnt die by execute then you have a 15/30/45% chance to teleport back at him dealing the same amount of damage.
Mark of Death - Your mark of death will also slow the targets movement speed by 30/60/90 for the duration.
Graveyard - Gives you a 50/75/100% chance to ress with 20% hp and mana if you die in the Graveyard area.
Also passively gives you faster attack speed
Level 1 - Gives you 5% attack speed
Level 2 - Gives you 10% attack speed.
Level 3 - Gives you 15% attack speed.

You create a graveyard at your current position. All enemies in it takes 30 damage per second, and they cannot escape it. The graveyard has a 300 AoE. All enemies that dies inside it will rise as skeletons. Last 10 seconds

Cooldown: 90 seconds.

EDIT: Updated my spellpack to fix some leaks and stuffs.Again.

And I dont think that I will read the other hero contest post so if u want anything about my spellpack or see a leak or smthing then just pm me or smthing xD

PS: I know the picture is big and blue :)

Attachments

• HellscreamForSpellContest.JPG
    HellscreamForSpellContest.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,314
  • Deathscream 10.w3x
    270.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
My submission:

Ganaia, the Bard

Description:
Once an adventurer, Ganaia learned mystic arts from a death priest, in the Forest of the Damned. Therefore, she almost discovered the secrets of immortality, gaining knowledge over life and death. With her ability to manipulate psionic powers along with spiritual energy, this bard generates excessive powers out of melodies, that are giving her the potential of controlling the life force of any living being. By the time she sings, her heartbeat is amplified, invading the minds of her enemies. Whispering the rhapsody of undeath, Ganaia reanimates worlds out of the deads' memories, extending the life efficiency of hers, during her adventures.

Supported Skills/Spells:

1) Soul Ingurgitation

With the lost incantation of the Death Priest's Papyrus, Ganaia tores the enemy's soul from his body, gaining control of it. Afterwards, Ganaia can direct the soul towards a target ally unit, replenishing lost health points. Recovers x% of the enemy hero's maximum life.

Level 1 - Replenishes 5% of the enemy hero's maximum life.
Level 2 - Replenishes 8% of the enemy hero's maximum life.
Level 3 - Replenishes 11% of the enemy hero's maximum life.

2) Dance of Immortality

Temporarily concentrates, whispering the words of life and death. Concentration generates a melody that awakes unknown powers around Ganaia. For the time being, every unit in the area of concentration gets temporarily imprisoned, facing the merciless Ganaia. The more units in the area, the more the area of effect and the more the duration increases. Ganaia gains higher attack speed, up to the units' number. Concentration state consumes 80 mana per second.

Level 1 - Casting time of 3.5 seconds.
Level 2 - Casting time of 3.0 seconds.
Level 3 - Casting time of 2.5 seconds.

3) Feral Heart

Amplifies her heartbeat with a rhapsody of life, invading the minds of her enemies around, causing damage to their flesh. Every some seconds, Ganaia damages nearby enemies, depending on her percentage of life.

Level 1 - 250 Area of Effect.
Level 2 - 300 Area of Effect.
Level 3 - 350 Area of Effect.

4) Illusion World

With the psionic powers of hers, she invades the forgotten memories of the dead, generating a world out of them, that will be placed in the real one. Afterwards, every time a unit is killed by Ganaia, its soul will offer a health point regeneration aura in the Illusion world. The aura increases in power and area, up to the number of the units killed.

View attachment Hero Contest Pharaoh_.w3x

Note: I understand that sometimes the skills won't work, but honestly, i did my best. I know for example something disturbing: When you don't have mana to cast Dance of Immortality, then, even if you do have, the skill won't work. Sorry, but i hope you like the creativity i added within the hero.

HOW TO PLAY [Just added this section, cause it might be difficult for you to instantly get it :p]:

You can start with the primary skill, Soul Ingurgitation. How this works: You target an enemy hero and a soul will come out of him. The player gets another "select target", which now should be pointed on an ally or Ganaia herself. The spell removes 5/8/11% of enemy's maximum hp and adds it to the ally that the soul is directed.

The second skill, Dance of Immortality, gives you an instant cast. All enemies around you will be counted for the area of effect of this spell. The more enemies, the greater the AoE. Up to the number of the enemies, Ganaia is given attack speed with a level set to the number of the enemies. In the AoE, the enemies get imprisoned.

The third skill, Feral Heart, counts the percentage life of Ganaia, and, up to it, it produces damage to all units within 250/300/350 AoE of her. The how-fast the damage is dealt, depends again on the percentage life of the Bard. The less percentage of life, the higher the damage and the faster is dealt.

The final skill, the ultimate, is a must-to do skill once you reach level 6. What it does is make a small world in a target point. After the creation of the world, every unit killed by Ganaia will be stored and a health aura around the small world will take place at. The more units killed by Ganaia, the greater the Area of Effect and the greater the Health regeneration. There is a special effect notifier on the head of Ganaia to ensure that heal is actually done, so, when you see that purple globe, it means that you are healed. Maximum units to be killed and have an actual effect on the healing aura is 40; each unit provides 0.5 health bonus, so, maximum health points provided per second are 20. Also, maximum AoE is 4000.

Last edited:
Level 9
Battlemaster

bannerhkn.jpg

Spells:

icons_1906_btn.jpg
Enchanted Weapon
Each attack made is enhanced with living flames that cling to the target. These flames add a small amount of damage on the first attack, twice as much on the second attack, three times as much on the third attack, etc.|n|nIf a unit dies while under this effect, it will explode, causing significant damage to all nearby hostile units.
Level 1- 1 bonus damage, 30 explosive damage.
Level 1- 2 bonus damage, 45 explosive damage.
Level 1- 3 bonus damage, 60 explosive damage.

Right click to activate

BTNFlare.png
Leap of Fire
Hurls a bolt of damaging fire at a target enemy that jumps to nearby enemies. Each jump deals less damage. This spell also has an 10% chance to give the hero immolation for 30 seconds.
Level 1 - 85 damage, jumps 4 times.
Level 1 - 125 damage, jumps 5 times.
Level 1 - 180 damage, jumps 8 times.

Cooldown: 9

icons_6010_btn.jpg
Bloodshed
Attacks done by the hero has a 20% chance to heal nearby friendly units.

Level 1 - 10 hit points.
Level 2 - 20 hit points.
Level 3 - 30 hit points.

Cooldown: Permanent

BTNKiljaedin.png
Eredar Diabolist

Creates a powerful demon that summons invulnerable felguards from nearby corpses to attack your enemies. When the Eredar Diabolist dies, the felguards vanish.

Cooldown: 180

Credits shown at loadingscreen.

Attachments

• HeroContest.w3x
    240.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 6
Well i guess my hero is done :p Not too fantastic but anyway i like it :) Yeah i know it got the same name as Lancer1111 but if you look in the hero contest thread i was first with it :p But here it is for you to try. Model by General Frank.

View attachment Krarnal Hero Contest Submission.w3x

Void Rip:

Draws life from one enemy and damages another nearby enemy the same amount of health.
Level 1 - 50 damage max.
Level 2 - 75 damage max.
Level 3 - 100 damage max.

Void Aura:

Decreases the movement speed and life regeneration rate of nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 10% movement, minor regeneration decreasement.
Level 2 - 20% movement, moderate regeneration decreasement.
Level 3 - 30%movement, greater regeneration decreasement.

Voidhole:

Conjures a hole from the void for 60 seconds to damage nearby enemy units each second. Level 1 - 5 Damage per second.
Level 2 -10 Damage per second.
Level 3 - 15 Damage per second.

Wrath of the Void:

Summons 4 voidballs to go in 4 random directions of the voidmaster, damaging every enemy in their way, continuing for a long range and making a void-explosion at the caster damaging nearby enemys.

Last edited:
Level 12
HamaDryad – Kraneia

Main attribute: intelligence

Base Strength: 20, per level: 1.3
Base Agility: 17, per level: 2
Base Intelligence: 22,
per level : 3.1
Base Armor: 3

Range: 150

Kraneia is a an ancient nymph, born bonded to a cornel cherry tree. If her's tree die then she dies with it. If anyone tries to harm the tree, Kraneia will punish him/her. One day the satyr, Eden'Nar, came to Kraneia's tree. He was fall in love in Kraneia and he tried to persuade her to escape with him, from all mortal's and immortal's eyes. She rejected him because she is bonded with hers tree, and if she left it the tree will die, so as she. Desperate Eden'Nar started to cut the tree and while he was doing that Kraneia started to scream. She screamed off all pain which hers tree was getting from Eden'Nar. Kraneia didn't hurt Eden'Nar but she cursed him to become a damned satyr, with immortal soul. Everytime when he is injured he will have to go to hell where he will see hers face which will heal him, and that's why he can't die. Now he calls himself Hell'Nar.

Now, Kraneia was deathly injured and when she saw how the last leaf of hers tree falls down, she died.

Ages passed and many leaves on the trees have changed. Well...not all trees. Only one tree didn't change it's leaves because it didn't have it at all. Leaf after leaf, age after age, until...

One day a brave centaur warrior, who was injured in the battle, seat near one stream to get some rest. That happened in summer when everything was green and full of life. He also noticed that, but he noticed that one tree was lonely and separated from others and only that tree has no leaves. Centaur came closer and he touched that tree. When he touched the surface of the tree he was healed and blessed and he felt that he was changed. He looked at his body and he was astonished. He wasn't he anymore. He became she. The Kraneia's spirit entered into centaur's body and it bonded with centaur. Since then she has a body of female centaur. Since then she will fight all what is sacred and holy. Since then he has a quest to find him and send him to Hell forever. Since then...

Spell 1: Poison weeds

Spell type: instant

Icon: post-1938-1206034218.jpg

Description:

When she sees that she is outnumbered, she uses her's power making weeds to grove from the ground. Area of Effect: 250. Weeds grove from earth instantly catching nearby hostile units and it squeeze them draining their life. There is a small chance that some of those weeds pull the units into the ground and to kill them on that way.
Level 1: Weeds grove from earth instantly catching nearby hostile units and it squeezes them, draining their life by 30 per second. There is a 4% of chance that 1/5 of those weeds pull the units into the ground and kill them.
Duration: 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Mana cost: 80.

Level 2: Weeds grove from earth instantly catching nearby hostile units and it squeezes them, draining their life by 40 per second. There is a 7% of chance that 1/4 of those weeds pull the units into the ground and kill them.
Duration: 7 seconds.
Mana cost: 90.

Level 3: Weeds grove from earth instantly catching nearby hostile units and it squeezes them, draining their life by 50 per second. There is a 10% of chance that 1/3 of those weeds pull the units into the ground and kill them.
Duration: 9 seconds.
Mana cost: 100.​
Spell 2: Fallen leaves

Spell type: timed

Icon: post-1938-1206034208.jpg

Description:

When she feels that she is vulnerable, Kraneia collects fallen leaves of her's tree and makes the shield which will protect her from all spells for some limited time. She can also protect one of her's allies with this shield. During that time Kraneia's health will be slightly increased (regeneration as healing salve's). .
Level 1: Kraneia collects fallen leaves of her tree and makes the shield, which will protect her or one of her allies from all spells for 10 seconds. During that time Kraneia's health will be slightly increased (5 hit points per second).
Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Mana cost: 115.

Level 2: Kraneia collects fallen leaves of her's tree and makes the shield which will protect her or one of her allies from all spells for 14 seconds. During that time Kraneia's health will be slightly increased(7 hit points per second).
Cooldown
: 60 seconds.
Mana cost: 125.

Level 3: Kraneia collects fallen leaves of her's tree and makes the shield which will protect her or one of her allies from all spells for 18 seconds. During that time Kraneia's health will be slightly increased(10 hit points per second).
Cooldown
: 60 seconds.
Mana cost: 135.​
Spell 3: Satyr's Flute

Spell type: passive

Icon: post-1938-1206034214.jpg

Description:

Eden'Nar's forgotten flute is in possession of Hamadryad. This flute of love gives to Kraneia bonus damage depending on her's base intelligence, but has a chance to miss an opponent.
Level 1: Kraneia gains 50% bonus damage depending of her intelligence, but also there is 14% that she can miss her opponents.

Level 2: Kraneia gains 40% bonus damage depending of her intelligence, but also there is 7% that she can miss her opponents.

Level 3: Kraneia gains 30% bonus damage depending of her intelligence and there is no chance to miss an opponent.​
Spell 4 (Ultimate): Treetection

Spell type: summon

Icon: post-1938-1206034238.gif

Description:

Hamadryad, Kraneia calls her's bonded tree to help her. She summons immovable tree, which will heal Kraneia's allies for 12 hp per second and damage nearby enemies by releasing it's poison from it's leaves. Poison takes 12 hp per second. Area of effect: 300. Tree is vulnerable - armor 3 hero - and it has 2250 HP, but if someone tries to attack it the tree will deal a damage to that unit even more (such as returned damage). It will deal 20% of attacker's damage.
Duration:45 seconds.
Cooldown: 165 seconds.
Mana cost: 150.

Last edited:
Level 19
I basically finished my hero, I know that I did some wrong things yet after all, its the first jass/vjass coding I seriously did and I think that my spells turned out good.
Also, because some circumstances I couldn't fully optimize everything, sadly enough.
Credits are shown in game.

Hero name : Ancient Rogue.
Model : Blood Elven Warrior ( by General Frank ).
models_2036_screenshot.jpg

Supposed to be a neutral melee hero.

Spells:

icons_6313_btn.jpg
Twist
Magically enhance an enemy unit with ancient flames, preventing it to cast any spell. Whenever an allied unit of the Ancient Rogue with a negative spell is near, it will be transfered on it.

dispelmagic.gif
Impact
The Ancient Rogue possesses some ancient technology. By casting this, he will release waves of energy which deal damage per second, slowing enemies which are hit and reduces armor.

feedback.gif
Ostensible Strike
Gives a chance to fade out of sight for a few seconds, replacing you with a remarkable image.

aphoticshield.gif
Counter Reflex
Grants an allied unit a shield which protects it from incoming, targeted negative spell damage. When targeted, a counter will be made by instantly reflecting a copy of the spell back, doing the full effect.

Attachments

• Hero Contest - TwistedMeadows.w3x
    341.5 KB · Views: 151
Level 15
Finally, just in time

But i wasnt able to comment anything
documentation is missing and i had not time to overlock anything
i guess theres such a huge mess ~.~ anyway hf gl all

Edit: eh, i see i wasnt even able to change the loading screen y.y
2 hours more i it would have been finished

my map doesn even got anything to test now y.y

Edit2: also forgot to add any History so here is one :
blablubb

Hundrets of years ago Moctezuma lived as a mighty atztec king with his nation. He was a fair leader taking care of everyone till many got killed by a natural disaster and some rebels decided to sacrifice Moctezuma. Against his will he was thrown into a vulcan to still the gods. While his painful death he swore revenge for their ungratefulness and his restless soul full of hate against the people he tried to protect was caught for hundrets of years in the vulcane. In these years his hatred and ire had grown that bit that he was able to shape a new body and take revenge on humanity.

Attachments

• Magma Spirit.w3x
    385.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.