• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, I can't test a map... even if I do what TriggerHappy wrote here:
[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues
TestMapIssue.png

Also, why the heck do I have two folders in my documents for Warcraft III? One is located in a subfolder called Blizzard and the other in the My Documents main folder.
Tried moving my map in both those folders and still I couldn't use Test Map. Funny thing is that I can use the button if I don't change anything at all after loading/opening the map.

Level 1
Hai sorry to bother u guys but i encountered on the problem now that i installed the patch without problem but it seems i cannot join Bnet anymore -.-
upload_2018-4-11_14-43-44.png

I think my roc cd key got disabled somehow?? and would it resolve problem if i buy new cd key and reinstall the game with the new cd key :O i have no idea how to deal with this.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Am I really forced to start the game through the launcher? It takes 2mins... whereas starting it through the normal .exe takes seconds but I can't do this because it tells me it can't find my CD-KEYS which I have introduced when I first installed the game and then when I upgraded to this latest patch...

LeP

LeP

Level 13
Am I really forced to start the game through the launcher? It takes 2mins... whereas starting it through the normal .exe takes seconds but I can't do this because it tells me it can't find my CD-KEYS which I have introduced when I first installed the game and then when I upgraded to this latest patch...
Yeah same thing here. And it also says that i don't have direct x 8.1 or higher, which is obviously false.
btw. that direct x error makes it impossible for me to testmap out of WE...

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Man these colours... too many bright colours... lightblue (player 10) is so similar to turquoise (player 15) and teal and grey... The colour difference from snow (player 22) and grey (player 9) is not enough to be distinguished quickly and clearly, wheat (player 17) and peach (player 18) too.
Also there is no generic damage event shown yet, as mentioned before.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Having an issue with a custom icon. It might be something related to the path somehow:

This is the icon: BTNSphereOfAir
Had no issue with this on 1.27.
It is weird, really.
As you can see on the picture from @renegade here, I have this issue with a custom icon too.
However, *I* don't have the icon bugged, I even downloaded the version of the campaign used to make this screenshot.
In addition, if you look closely, you can see that other custom icons, one item and three abilities, are working just fine.

I am wondering if this bug, and maybe other bugs, could be caused if the 1.28 patch was skipped?
Because I downloaded 1.28 and now have no icon issue, I also have no problem with "Test Map" in the editor or with launching WarCraft 3 with its exe file.
Or could this be related with the way the game was installied? I had exe files downloaded from battle.net to install both RoC and TfT.
Had to buy the games again because of issues with the CDs a few years ago.
But this is probably just a wild assumption on my part.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Or could this be related with the way the game was installied? I had exe files downloaded from battle.net to install both RoC and TfT.
I used those to update from 1.27 to 1.29.
In addition, if you look closely, you can see that other custom icons, one item and three abilities, are working just fine.
Wow, just tested again and the icon now shows... What's going on!? Might it be because I restarted the PC, I don't know...
But Test Map still doesn't want to run.

EDIT:
Test Map works! I just had to remove everything from the path apart Maps in the editor's preferences.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
A mpq an user can place into warcraft 3 (installation), this one is loaded by Editor and Game, it's content also overwrites content from the orignal mpqs if coliding.
The mpq has to be created by the user, on default it does not exist.
So.... A custom MPQ? And one that works even with the new file structure & whatnot??

I've been using a custom MPQ & a SEMPQ for years, to great effect, and was rather concerned about that tool being invalidated in recent patches. You are telling me that, in some form, it still exists? I haven't heard of this anywhere else.

Where are you getting this? Did you test it yourself? Is there a guide/tutorial/article somewhere where I can read more about the new system?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Creating blight with triggers only works up to player 16 / Player(15), which was previously the last player.

These actions for example won't create visible blight. However it still gives regeneration for undead units, so I assume technically it's fully working.

• Environment - Create Blight for Neutral Passive across (Playable map area)
  • Environment - Create Blight for Player 17 (Wheat) across (Playable map area)
Why is it important to create blight for these players?
Creating Blight for Neutral Passive is visible in both fog of war and on the minimap. Because of this it can be used to indicate certain things on the minimap, without requiring the players to have vision at that location.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@Remixer et al.

Regarding Battle.net issues:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=16#post-312
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=13#post-247

Pertaining installation/updating:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=7#post-125

Related to starting the game:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=14#post-265
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762097041

That's kind of what I've been able to find until now.
The official forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/

My issue is the World Editor doesn't seem to have updated for me.
Thanks for the details.
What version does it say on Help->About? Do you have any of the new natives/triggers in the Trigger Editor?

Tell us the OS you're running the game on. It might have something to do with some issues.

Last edited:

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Make sure you're launching "Warcraft III.exe" and not "war3.exe".

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Has anyone tried displaying multiboard and timer windows at the same?
I get weird results:

Timer Window, wait, Multiboard:
upload_2018-4-11_20-4-48-png.296157

Multiboard, wait, Timer Window:
upload_2018-4-11_20-5-8-png.296158

And if you use Multiboard, Timer Window without a wait in between I get a result similar to the first one, but that "Multiboard" is at the bottom left of the minimap.

If anyone wants to check this out, I attached a map to showcase this.

Attachments

• TimerMultiboard.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 157

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Make sure you're launching "Warcraft III.exe" and not "war3.exe".
I love you man. Had no idea that the Frozen Throne.exe and War3.exe were the only ones not working. I was using the Warcraft III Launcher.exe as I thought Warcraft III.exe meant RoC like before so didn't try that one.

Has anyone tried displaying multiboard and timer windows at the same?
I think it was reported but not with a test map. Good job!

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
I love you man. Had no idea that the Frozen Throne.exe and War3.exe were the only ones not working. I was using the Warcraft III Launcher.exe as I thought Warcraft III.exe meant RoC like before so didn't try that one.
Yeah, it's actually a bug in the patching process, it's supposed to delete those files but doesn't do it. A fresh install only has Warcraft III.exe and World Editor.exe. Most of the old files have been removed.

Level 2
So.... A custom MPQ? And one that works even with the new file structure & whatnot??

I've been using a custom MPQ & a SEMPQ for years, to great effect, and was rather concerned about that tool being invalidated in recent patches. You are telling me that, in some form, it still exists? I haven't heard of this anywhere else.

Where are you getting this? Did you test it yourself? Is there a guide/tutorial/article somewhere where I can read more about the new system?
Just do what he says, create .mpq be careful with naming and folder structure and make one fat pack, make sure you adjust hash table size if you have a lot of files.
Works fine, though it revealed that some custom textures aren't loading with .29 I really hope hide ability will be fixed soon, surprised they shipped with it.

NVS

NVS

Level 2
In the Quests (F9) area, if there are more than 3 quests preset in a column, scroll bar functionality does not cause the titles to update and it appears nothing changes. However, it is working, but the player needs to click on a quest for things to update.

Also, Vexorian's Optimizer turns constants such as `PLAYER_NEUTRAL_PASSIVE` into their literal integer representations. when using the 'Optimize script' setting. This probably breaks many maps. I don't use JassHelper, but I imagine it may be similar.

An alternative tool to optimize scripts would be Wurst, as it does not exhibit the same behavior.

Last edited:
Level 14
Other important Issue polish letters are missing completely or replaced by others - Dźwięk(Sound) is bugged to Dzwik for example.
EDIT: also to fix all old maps with neutral and other related triggers.....why not make original player neutral order as it was and then add player slots.......yes it will look ugly in World Editor, yes triggers for mass players will need to be either doubled or just add +4 to go over neutrals, but it's not real issue and is good price for saving all maps since ever that could be really broken by this. It's definetly better than killing loads of maps that used these slots and have 0% chances for updates
It's kind of weird that it didnt come up during PTR.....people didnt test older maps i guess..... so....next time on PTR......maybe they should? hmm?

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Just do what he says, create .mpq be careful with naming and folder structure and make one fat pack, make sure you adjust hash table size if you have a lot of files.
Works fine, though it revealed that some custom textures aren't loading with .29 I really hope hide ability will be fixed soon, surprised they shipped with it.
When was this fixed? Last I heard the new file system made custom MPQs defunct.

I updated the main post to reflect the current state of patch 1.29 (crossed out fixed bugs, added new ones).

When was this fixed? Last I heard the new file system made custom MPQs defunct.

I have made a few posts about it over the past year (first mention).

I found it in 1.28 on accident while doing something else.

Attachments

• img.png
    img.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 195
Some natives which aren't quite as functional as expected... (though I suppose they are only an issue on my Warcraft 3)
My Warcraft 3 version is 1.29 (Main), by the way.

JASS:
native BlzGetUnitAbilityManaCost takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level returns integer
    // Tested in map, doesn't return the right value... (0.00)
    // Only returns default value.

native BlzGetAbilityManaCost takes integer abilId, integer level returns integer

native BlzGetUnitAbilityCooldown takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level returns real

These natives have no limits-checking (as of now):
JASS:
native BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown takes unit whichUnit, integer abilId, integer level, real new returns nothing
    // Allows negative values, which is quite weird.

The test map will be updated to reflect the changes.

Last edited:
Level 20
Posting here because I'm fed up with the uselessness of Battle.net.

1. Many maps are now broken due to JASS not allowing functions to return null which return a string. Example: If a map contains a function like this, you will won't be able to launch the map.
This isn't fixed. Any function that 'return null' will get rejected by WorldEdit and will not run the map while it still exists. This code previously worked in 1.28:
Code:
function GetIssuedOrderItem takes nothing returns item
    if not (GetIssuedOrderId() >= 852008) and (GetIssuedOrderId() <= 852013) then
   return null
    endif
    return(UnitItemInSlot(GetTriggerUnit(), (GetIssuedOrderId()-852008)))
endfunction

The workaround is to create a local variable that is assigned 'null' and return that instead, therefore this works:

Code:
function GetIssuedOrderItem takes nothing returns item
   local item whichItem = null
   if not (GetIssuedOrderId() >= 852008) and (GetIssuedOrderId() <= 852013) then
       return whichItem
   endif
   return(UnitItemInSlot(GetTriggerUnit(), (GetIssuedOrderId()-852008)))
endfunction

====

Any model with an animated texture, such as Water Elementals and Waterfall doodads, no longer have animated moving textures. You can see this for yourself by placing a Water Elemental unit or a Waterfall doodad in the editor.

(note that the Water Elemental also changes its used texture every second on top of that, that part of the model still works, it's the part where the texture moves that doesn't)

====

Somewhat inconsequential, but the hidden model Destructible Rock for the Underground tileset (Doodads\Terrain\G_RockChunks\G_RockChunks) is no longer in the MPQ, whether the model was removed or the texture, I can't tell which.

Last edited:
Level 2
No resolution options above 1280x820 on Mac client still. Can use the " --args -nativefullscr" but that leads to no upward scroll with mouse bug..

Bummer bc I really wanted to play some 16:9 full res tonight! At least they are still working on this game!

Level 13
It looks like both BlzUnitHideAbility and BlzUnitDisableAbility still have their counters for each unit.

• Disable Defend
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) issues Mouse Down event
    • Conditions
      • (Trigger Mouse Button) Equal to Left Mouse Button
    • Actions
      • Set integer = (integer + 1)
      • Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 1 (Red) in board to integer
      • Unit - For Peasant 0000 <gen>, Ability Defend, Disable ability: True, Hide UI: False
  • Enable Defend
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) issues Mouse Down event
    • Conditions
      • (Trigger Mouse Button) Equal to Right Mouse Button
    • Actions
      • Set integer = (integer - 1)
      • Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 1 (Red) in board to integer
      • Unit - For Peasant 0000 <gen>, Ability Defend, Disable ability: False, Hide UI: False
  • Create board
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Internal counter
      • Set board = (Last created leaderboard)
      • Leaderboard - Add Player 1 (Red) to board with label Disable Attempts and value 0
      • Leaderboard - Show board
  • Map Init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(gg_unit_hpea_0000, 'Amov')
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(gg_unit_hpea_0000, 'Aatk')
      • Selection - Select Peasant 0000 <gen> for Player 1 (Red)
      • Unit - Add Defend to Peasant 0000 <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Press |cffffcc00LMB...
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Press |cffffcc00RMB...

Attachments

• Disable-Hide with internal counter.w3x
    18.2 KB · Views: 131
Level 1
Hi guys,

Need some help on hosting with ghost++, the game version.

I keep getting a message of
"logon failed - game version is too old, disconnecting"

I tried to change the custom_war3version to
leave empty, 29, 29.0, 29.0.9055, 29.1, 1.29.....
still no luck

btw, I have the storm and game .dll ready and extracted blizzard.j and common.j from war3.mpq

can somebody please help me?

Thank you

Any function that 'return null' will get rejected by WorldEdit and will not run the map while it still exists. This code previously worked in 1.28

The bullet point states the issue is with function that returns strings. Nowhere does it say for any functions that returns null.

I can return null in functions with no issues. The code you posted works perfectly fine for me in a small test map. Can you send me the map where you are getting the error?

Level 20
The bullet point states the issue is with function that returns strings. Nowhere does it say for any functions that returns null.

I can return null in functions with no issues. The code you posted works perfectly fine for me in a small test map. Can you send me the map where you are getting the error?
The error is currently generating for returning integer which is hilarious considering some other map it was doing it for the other one I posted.

(map removed)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Any model with an animated texture, such as Water Elementals and Waterfall doodads, no longer have animated moving textures. You can see this for yourself by placing a Water Elemental unit or a Waterfall doodad in the editor.

(note that the Water Elemental also changes its used texture every second on top of that, that part of the model still works, it's the part where the texture moves that doesn't)
It moves for me ingame.

Level 20
It moves for me ingame.
The part you're seeing is what changes the texture of the Water Elemental. In excerpt it looks like this:

Code:
Textures 12 {
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0000.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0001.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0002.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0003.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0004.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0005.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0006.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
   Bitmap {
       Image "Textures\Lords0007.blp",
       WrapWidth,
       WrapHeight,
   }
}
Materials 5 {
   Material {
       ConstantColor,
       PriorityPlane -1,
       Layer {
           FilterMode Blend,
           Unshaded,
           TextureID 8 {
               DontInterp,
               GlobalSeqId 0,
               0: 0,
               83: 1,
               166: 2,
               249: 3,
               332: 4,
               415: 5,
               498: 6,
               581: 7,
           }
           TVertexAnimId 0,
           Alpha 5 {
               Linear,
               0: 0.990000,
               2167: 0.990000,
               4867: 0.990000,
               10167: 0.990000,
               16633: 0.990000,
           }
       }
       Layer {
           FilterMode Additive,
           TextureID 8 {
               DontInterp,
               GlobalSeqId 2,
               0: 0,
               55: 1,
               110: 2,
               165: 3,
               220: 4,
               275: 5,
               330: 6,
               385: 7,
           }
           TVertexAnimId 0,
           Alpha 5 {
               Linear,
               0: 0.500000,
               2167: 0.500000,
               4867: 0.500000,
               10167: 0.500000,
               16633: 0.500000,
           }
       }
   }
}

The part you can see right now is the Water Elemental taking 8 textures of water and cycling through them every second, which was not previously viewable because of the TVertAnimId which dictates how Textures are animated. That is the part which is currently not working.

At some level, the Texture Animation portion is being completely ignored by the game engine.

Code:
TextureAnims 2 {
   TVertexAnim {
       Translation 2 {
           Bezier,
           GlobalSeqId 1,
           0: { 0.099775, 1.724120, -0.026052 },
               InTan { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
               OutTan { 0.066517, 1.149420, -0.017368 },
           2767: { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
               InTan { 0.033258, 0.574708, -0.008684 },
               OutTan { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
       }
   }
   TVertexAnim {
       Translation 2 {
           Bezier,
           GlobalSeqId 12,
           0: { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
               InTan { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
               OutTan { -0.107482, -0.210476, 1.138490 },
           3333: { -0.322445, -0.631428, 3.415460 },
               InTan { -0.214963, -0.420952, 2.276980 },
               OutTan { 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 },
       }
   }
}

This is likely also why some people think the Water Elemental is 'improved' when it wasn't actually changed at all.

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Polish characters are missing.

Furthermore, some of the balance changes were applied to RoC, some weren't.

Examples:
- sleep and carrion swarm cost less now
- farsight costs 0 mana now
- the speed of TC, DL, etc is still the same
- spirit wolves are still 200 hp

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
The cursor placement is off in the options menu when e.g. changing sound volumes. (The cursor is showed correctly but when sliding a volume bar it jumps to another location (counted from the edge of the screen, rather than from the black bars), I'm using 1920x1080
Here's a GIF:
Screen capture - 7f8dcef2254aaefc41fd6ba155de81b2 - Gyazo

Level 11
Anyone else reported mispositioned floating text in widescreen? It seems to calculate position based on the old aspect ratio. Easily seen by moving the camera back and forth horizontally. Happens with all floating text, be it gold/lumber, critical strike, or trigger created floating text.

EDIT: Screenshots were requested, so I attached some.

Very simple floating text that puts an arrow above a unit. Then I moved the camera left and right. The arrow seems to stop at the border of the old UI, which implies it's using the old aspect ratio.

Attachments

• ftcenter.png
    ftcenter.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
  • ftleft.png
    ftleft.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 168
  • ftright.png
    ftright.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
The error is currently generating for returning integer which is hilarious considering some other map it was doing it for the other one I posted.

Interesting. PJASS doesn't accept that syntax so I thought it was invalid. But the map runs on 1.28. So I'll add it to the list.

Anyone else reported mispositioned floating text in widescreen? It seems to calculate position based on the old aspect ratio. Easily seen by moving the camera back and forth horizontally. Happens with all floating text, be it gold/lumber, critical strike, or trigger created floating text.

Yes. Someone also reported it earlier.

yes.png

Status
Not open for further replies.