• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drums of War (V2)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a remake of Chapter One of Warcraft Legends: Part 1 made by @Rogue Kessler

A few redesigns and a bit of increase of difficulty, new "simple" quest and a bit of clan variations (you'll see it in-game or at the screenshots.)

(Note: I'm not planning to remake the entire campaign, I'm not sure I have the time to do so.)

Anyways, I hope you'll like it.

(Status Update: It was just updated. It's easier and harder at the same time now.)

Following assets and models belong to:
Previews
Contents

Drums of War V2 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The units and hero can briefly seen right at the start before the cinematic starts. Your hero can get trapped if he crosses the bridge and the inferno is cast. In this map edit, the Goblin Laboratory is no more. It's weird that the upkeep panel says...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please provide evidence that you have been given permission to edit and upload @Jake Kessler's work.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 20
The map is very fun ! It is not a complete breeze but it doesn't go on for too long. I really like the tech tree changes with unique units for all factions.
Just a few issues/questions I have about the map :
  • Grom's wolf is not really introduced, it's just...there (having Grom say something like "let's go Kaja" would make it less weird).
  • Same thing for Hanzo, the grunt that hangs out in the warsong base. I dont know the lore. Is he part of the bleeding hollow ? If so why is his color green and not orange?
  • Grom recognizing the warsong traitors as demon servants is kind of weird. I think there should be some lesser demons and/or some blight in their base (it would also make it a bit more challenging considering they don't replace their units).
  • It would be nice if the warsong's melee units got pillage so it would encourage the player to attack the enemy early on instead of waiting for upgrades/soldiers (especially since the economy is limited)
Overall, the map is very nice to play. I hope you get the time to make more :thumbs_up:

Level 7
The map is very fun ! It is not a complete breeze but it doesn't go on for too long. I really like the tech tree changes with unique units for all factions.
Just a few issues/questions I have about the map :
  • Grom's wolf is not really introduced, it's just...there (having Grom say something like "let's go Kaja" would make it less weird).
  • Same thing for Hanzo, the grunt that hangs out in the Warsong base. I dont know the lore. Is he part of the bleeding hollow ? If so why is his color green and not orange?
  • Grom recognizing the Warsong traitors as demon servants is kind of weird. I think there should be some lesser demons and/or some blight in their base (it would also make it a bit more challenging considering they don't replace their units).
  • It would be nice if the Warsong's melee units got pillage so it would encourage the player to attack the enemy early on instead of waiting for upgrades/soldiers (especially since the economy is limited)
Overall, the map is very nice to play. I hope you get the time to make more :thumbs_up:
  • Both Kaja and Hanzo are one off characters, because with the case of Grom and Kaja, it felt similar to Thrall and Snowsong because Thrall was given more spotlight more than Snowsong did in the vanilla game, so this falls the same for Kaja. Same goes to Hanzo
  • Well because the Orc WE'RE slaves to the demons before. In this instance, the orcs began to break free from their demon master's control. However, let's just say; not all orcs or all members of the clan are free from the influence but that doesn't mean they are in the state of decay.
  • Adding Pillage is for vanilla orc race. I made the Warsong clan techtree unique and make it more focus on strength and attack.

Thank you for your feedback. It helps me improve these types of maps.

Level 26
I meant burrocks? The orc building that gives food (my w3 is on spanish) Your peons can't get in there to attack, the enemy peons can.
Burrows, they can't get in to the Burrow. I maybe replaying this map, when it's gonna be more than just a map. I don't remember this is an issue. Please make a screenshot about the burrow after you selected it first, to find that there is even an option is there for that or not.

Level 11
Burrows, they can't get in to the Burrow. I maybe replaying this map, when it's gonna be more than just a map. I don't remember this is an issue. Please make a screenshot about the burrow after you selected it first, to find that there is even an option is there for that or not.

"No se han encontrado peones" = No peons found.

1671391582354.png

Level 11
You can't send the peons inside to the burrow? Or you tried to send peons nearby and select the "Posicion de combatre", to take fighting positions inside the burrow? It's strange to see. I don't remember that I had the problem. Which game version are you playing?
I tried both. I clicked on the burrow skill and nothing happened. When I sent the peons, they went to repair it. If not, nothing happened.

I'm currently on the latest version live of the game. (not PTR). I think the issue must be the spell target only peons, not "nomads". One solution might be creating a second spell for the custom player units, leaving the already existing one to the AI.

EDIT: Another solution can be just dissabling the spell too.

Level 26
I tried both. I clicked on the burrow skill and nothing happened. When I sent the peons, they went to repair it. If not, nothing happened.

I'm currently on the latest version live of the game. (not PTR). I think the issue must be the spell target only peons, not "nomads". One solution might be creating a second spell for the custom player units, leaving the already existing one to the AI.

EDIT: Another solution can be just dissabling the spell too.
No, I remember that. I encounter with this myself too. Nomads are not Peons, and the button says "Peons". So, that is not going to work at all. No matter the game version.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The units and hero can briefly seen right at the start before the cinematic starts.
Your hero can get trapped if he crosses the bridge and the inferno is cast. In this map edit, the Goblin Laboratory is no more.
It's weird that the upkeep panel says you could reach 200. That many units on a single player will make the units stutter and get stuck.

There is slight improvement but it's more on the graphical than gameplay side. Maybe if you could remake the whole campaign and work more on the techtree, this would be approvable.

Useful but simple.