1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WarsongGrunt

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Someone suggested to me that I make Grunts for all the clans, so here's my first one: the Warsong Grunt. It's mostly a test to see if people like the design and to see if it could look like he's actually from the Warsong Clan. Also to improve my freehand skills.
You have permission to edit, use and all that crap as long as you give me credit.

Keywords:
Warsong, Grunt, Clan, Orc
Contents

WarsongGrunt (Model)

WarsongGrunt (Model)

Reviews
20:56, 31st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: Works ingame and performs well. Nice and useful for making different orc clans.
  1. 20:56, 31st Mar 2009
    Dan van Ohllus:
    Works ingame and performs well.
    Nice and useful for making different orc clans.

2. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First!
    Looks awesome and all, I do get some "Warsong" feeling about, mainly because of weapon + armor I guess. You do have some geoset animation problems (I think it is) that causes the weapon to "flash" in some animations, test Stand - 1 animation and watch the weapon for a few seconds to see what I mean. On the whole, this is simply freaking amazing!

Edit: Just noticed the team colored shoulder lacks a texture on the portrait.
    Also, the Gloves/Legs/Boots texture is a bit too dark for in-game. Perhaps you should "lighten" those areas up a bit.

3. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it is really good, however just make sure that the Blackrock grunt doesn't look to similar and if you can; try adding clan symbols to their armor or to their skin as like a tattoo. Good job and keep it up; your on a roll.

4. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes, I did notice the weapon flash in the Model Editor, but when I tested it ingame it strangely didn't show. So it shouldn't be a problem, seeing as if you look at the normal Grunt in the Model Editor you see the flash as well. I think that's something wrong with the Model Editor.
    Whops, hadn't seen the problem with the shoulder. I'll fix that now. I'll try lightening up the texture a bit as well.
    EDIT: Hmm, seems like the normal Grunt's shoulder doesn't have TC either in the portrait. Can't really figure out how to fix that...

5. wowcraft

wowcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    tauer ur models are shining bro keep it up man. 5*

6. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much ;)

7. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So awesome, could use some chest tats though.

8. Zaljinzoo

Zaljinzoo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    OMG You're actually doing them?! THANKS A MILLION! This is wonderful! I'm going to tes it and update in a min!
    EDIT: WOW this is great ingame! I can't wait for more!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  9. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  10. Trance Music Fan

Trance Music Fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOW It's AWERSOME Dude it's just great i cannot express my feelings in english buy i can freely do it in romanian if you want (as a p.m) if i could give you 1000/5 it would be my pleasure, such idea, interpretation and purness deserves a good map.
    Great Job!
    5/5

11. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    By far, this is after my opinion the most awesome grunt i've ever seen !!!!!!!!!!!!

Warsong clan is supreme.

*Begins to sing on "Power of the Horde"*

12. boombox0648

boombox0648

Resources:
    Resources:
    does this grunt have bladestorm action?
    4/5

13. boombox0648

boombox0648

Resources:
    Resources:
    does this grunt have bladestorm action?
    4/5

14. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    no it does not. do not double post.

15. Kael Theron

Kael Theron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah great project :) U got lots of work to make them different. Good luck. +rep

16. trigon119

trigon119

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! All these are realy good! 5/5! Here is a suggestion.....Maybe alter the shade of the skin so one could have light green skin and another dark green. Keep up the good work!

17. King_of_doom

King_of_doom

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi! im back, and i wish for you to tell me WHY I CAN'T SEE IT !!!

18. Zefon

Zefon

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is awsome. Im using this in my Wars of Draenor map (warcraft II timed) but im using it as grom, since in warcraft II he was a grunt :p again, very nice. But it's missing a blizzard look... 4.5/5

19. lightning brigade

lightning brigade

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know what to do if my editor can't process the models? It may be because I'm on a mac although not really quite sure.