• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grunt Model Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello guys,

im currently looking for a decent modeler for my project http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/war-clans-253464/, but since i still cant find one I must beg you a favor.

I need 8 different orc grunt models.)

Here are the first 4:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/shatteredhandgrunt-121586/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/warsonggrunt-121464/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/blackrock-grunt-121575/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/stormreavergrunt-122732/

and i need another 4, they should have different armor maybe weapons, helms or something to make the difference.

Thanks for help,

-Argos

Level 10
I could make one of those through model editting, but I need to hear from you first if it would be something you'd want.

I could make one with felguard additions, for example make a sword out of the spear and mayhap put on the Felguard helmet on him. Could flesh it out with a pitlord breastplate as well. Sounds ok?

Level 10
Well,

First Grunt variation should be heavily armored, maybe felguard helm. It's mountain clan so i expect them to look strong and powerful.

Second are like hunters, they like to use poisoned things and live near a desert. So i guess maybe some jagged spears would be cool and light armor.

Third should be with some normal armor with some leather and metal things. They are not as strong as other clans, but wealthy and their grunts are supposed to look decent.

Fourth same as third, some decent looking grunts.

Most of all, try to keep the filesize as low as posible. Thanks!

Level 10
Here you go:

Heavily armoured grunt, wielding a heavy hammer. Edited some animations to make the hammer look even heavier, as well as included the portrait in the original model to save filesize, came out at 69kB. If you want him to look even more heavily armoured, you could ask for a custom skin here as well, do not want to bloat the model with more geosets.

Mountain Grunt.png

Edit; if case be, I am not able to make said skin.

Attachments

• The_Mountain_Grunt.mdx
    68.6 KB · Views: 150
Level 10
Here you go:

Heavily armoured grunt, wielding a heavy hammer. Edited some animations to make the hammer look even heavier, as well as included the portrait in the original model to save filesize, came out at 69kB. If you want him to look even more heavily armoured, you could ask for a custom skin here as well, do not want to bloat the model with more geosets.

View attachment 137834

Edit; if case be, I am not able to make said skin.

Looks perfect, thanks you!

And kb size is also very friendly.

Level 10
Lightly armoured spear wielding grunt with hood, cape and skirt (or kilt if you have a problem with calling it skirt.) Came out at 71 kB. Edited one attack animation and added an entirely new one, as well as made the cape not clip too bad. Also added portrait into the model like last time.

Desert_Grunt.png

Attachments

• Desert_Grunt.mdx
    70 KB · Views: 135
Level 10
Lightly armoured spear wielding grunt with hood, cape and skirt (or kilt if you have a problem with calling it skirt.) Came out at 71 kB. Edited one attack animation and added an entirely new one, as well as made the cape not clip too bad. Also added portrait into the model like last time.

Looks awesome! Can you just change the color of the cloak to brown-ish or some sandy color for better camouflage? It is for player teal and the teal cloak would look wierd. Maybe you could also add a brooch.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'll look for a textile that matches (might go with medivh's cloak), as for the brooch, sure.

Here he is, donning a brown cloak with a tarnished bronze brooch.

Also fixed an issue with the heavy grunt so his weapon won't disappear when it shouldn't.

Desert_Grunt_Brown.png

Desert_Grunt_Brown_Ass_Shot.png

Now, if you want the other 2 grunts to be made by me, I require more detailed descriptions than what you provided, because those sounds like the regular grunt.

Here's the Dreadfire grunt, wearing a ceremonial/doom 'n gloomy robe with a curved sword and their signature white skull-masks.

Zealot_Grunt.png

Attachments

• Desert_Grunt_Brown.mdx
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
  • The_Mountain_Grunt.mdx
    68.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Zealot_Grunt_Robe_3.mdx
    71.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.