• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to Import Custom Skin +rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Open your map.
2. Import skin into map.
3. Change path of skin file to "Textures\BlackrockGrunt.blp".
4. Save map.
5. Close editor.
6. Reopen the map.
7. Test map.

Both 6 and 7 should now show the skin. Be aware that unless you are playing WC3 at the highest visual settings it is possible for skins not to show.

Level 4
ok i changed the BlackrockGrunt.blp (Image/Texture) path to "Textures/BlackrockGrunt.blp" the BlackrockGrunt.mdx (model) path to war3mapImported/BlackrockGrunt.mdx and the BlackrockGrunt_Portrait.mdx (model) to war3mapImported/BlackrockGrunt_Portrait.mdx.

in the unit i wanted to add to i put the war3mapImported/BlackrockGrunt.mdl file in the Art- Model file

I cant find the Art-Portrait file to put the portrait and I dont know where to attatch the war3mapImported/BlackrockGrunt.mdx path.

Sorry for not being very clear. you will get another +rep if you help me with this.

Last edited:
Just change texture path to: Textures\BlackrockGrunt.blp
Check pictures.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 97
Level 4
yes kobas I did that and successfuly imported it +rep. the only problem for me now is how to attach these to a unit. How do you attach all three paths to a unit and what art do you have to change to make it possible like you just did in the thumbnails?

Status
Not open for further replies.