• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help importing a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Last edited:
Level 4
Try over again and follow these steps. Make sure that you delete the old imported file from your import manager.

1) Import the file/files
2) Make sure that the imported file name says EXACTLY Mil_Grunt.mdx change it if not.
3) Save world editor, and completely close it.
4) Reload and open up your map.
5) Then choose a random unit and change its Art - Model File to Mil_Grunt.mdx
6) Select it in the tool pallet and there you go
That should solve all of your problems hopefully.

Level 7
Each model here on the hive comes with a generic tutorial on how to import it. I've used that model without any problems before, so you must be missing something.

Just follow the tutorial or the directions that kongfuman typed out for you.
fyi, no custom model will show up in the editor until you save and restart your WE...

Level 1
Could the problem be that I don't have any extract program like WinZip? because all i did was let my computer extract it, but i still got the mdx. file

Ahh, never mind, I got it now, thanks for the help!

Level 4
Extracting it with that program wouldn't matter. I don't think. As long as you import the file properly into the import manager it should work correctly. I m the same with you i don't use a program I just sort of drag it over :p

Status
Not open for further replies.