1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Compromised Position

Submitted by Captnporky
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Your position has been compromised! Engage now or find a better foothold. Fortify your base on facile ground and strengthen your forces. The foe is in close proximity!

So i wondered why theres no ladder maps with gates or destructible rocks in choke points. Turns out killing creeps is a better way to spend your time with. I thought of a map with close starting positions seperated by destructible rocks (yea and also some dragons). The starting bases are not that closely connected but the first expansions even more! For the close quarters battle i chose the city asthetic because Echo Isles already exists. At first i used wooden crates instead of trees because they dont grow on concrete, that version is available as version zero, but i eventually replaced them.

Latest Changelog:

• Trees
  • a lot of little tweaks since the first upload
  • more space in the base and expansion
  • bigger ramps
  • huge bridge in the middle
  • set neutrals acquisition range to 200/500
  • added green camp with lvl2 vision item
  • only one lab and respective creep camp instead of two
  • balanced all creep camps and item drops
    • lvl6 Rejects - Sentry Wards/Wand of Illusion
    • lvl7 Kobols - lvl1 PowerUp
    • lvl8 Rogues - lvl2 Permanent
    • lvl12 Merc - lvl2 Permanent, lvl1 PowerUp
    • lvl15 Lab - lvl4 Permanent, lvl1 PowerUp
    • lvl16 Shop - lvl4 Charged, lvl2 PowerUp
    • lvl20 Market - lvl5 Permanent, lvl 1 PowerUp
    • lvl21 Bandits - lvl5 Permanent, lvl 2 PowerUp
    • lvl22 Dragons - lvl5 Permanent, lvl2 PowerUp
Previews
Contents

Compromised Position (Map)

Compromised Position v0 (Map)

Reviews
Ragnaros17
"my first map after 10 years break." you should read melee tutorials and guides, read map reviews, look others maps to learn. Trees dont grow on concrete but crates are made out of wood, too. description should be improved (neutrals, creep list,...
deepstrasz
Please write a changelog and a proper description. See the links below: If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P [MEDIA] M A P...
mafe
Hello! Interesting map, but imho still lacking in many details. A few which I think need fixing: -Units bought at the western merc camp can become stuck behind pathing blockers. At the eatern merc camp too, but it is much less likely there. -Creeps...
  1. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    "my first map after 10 years break."

you should read melee tutorials and guides, read map reviews, look others maps to learn.

Trees dont grow on concrete but crates are made out of wood, too.

description should be improved (neutrals, creep list, screens, size map info, game play info),

1) some ramps are too small for armies, I sugest that path should be 8 editor pixel wide.
    2) few base wood, NE advantage over other races.
    3) small space in base. base should be like a U region in 1v1.
    4) marketplace creep will attack wile passing,
    5) there should not be creeps near taverns.
    6) expanding base shape should be like a U region, imposible to defend the peons with that shape.
    7) good quality maps are made it such form that you cant see the camara limits with land units with
    8) the trees with model crates, in melee such change in neutral buildings like goldmines or trees is not allowed unless is an altered melee map like starcraft maps, where trees are changed with minerals and goldmines with vespine.
    9) creeps are unbalanced:
    -1st expanding, 1 permanent level 4 and 1 charged level 3 , is a lot, instead 1 permanent level 4 and a power up item.
    - green camp, L8 the kobolds, 1 permanent level 1 and 1 power up level 1, is to much, with 1 of those is enough, better the permanent,
    - permanent level 2 for a level 7 creep is a bit much, perma level 2 is for orange level 10-13.
    - permanent level 4 in a orange level 15 is a bit much, perma level 3 is better. in the goblin lab creep.
    - permanent level 2 and charged level 2 is a bit much, permanent level 2 is better, the charged level is complicated is better to have it faw a way and in level 14 creeps. in merc camp.
    - charged level 4 in a level 11 creep is to much, also a level 8 unit in a level 11 creep is to much,
    - the far away expanding goldmine creep is loot is very ok but is better to have a charged level 3 in a 15 creep than in a 13.
    - the level 21 creep loot with the mage, bandit lord and water elemental, loot is ok.
    - rock golems , perma level 5 should be a red also, is better to avoid such strong orange level 19, the user may say is an orange, but is really hard, better to warn the user is a level 9 golem so red creep.
    10)- bridges are hard to balance in melee, is very common to avoid them due to small pathing.
    11) all creeps should be in camp mode (200 range) , exept the goldmine ones.
    12) the layout you are using is hard to master players same side at corners, goblin labs are too near each.
    13) critters are needed for Rod of necromancy undead creeping.

Overall

is nice to see you try a melee map, I sugest you to improve your knoledge by:

- reading melee tutorials.
    - reading reviews of others melee maps, see others melee maps, specially see melee Ladder maps.
    - see competitive melee plays in youtube,
    - learn how to play competitive games, to beta test games, beta test helps a lot.

dont feel discouraged, I did like 23 maps, but only 3 are good , the rest are unbalanced, gain knoledge first map later, or you will end like me having like 20 unbalanced maps.

edit:

-is true that some paths are much better, some critters added.
    - the goblin lab creeps will aggro.
    upload_2019-4-3_13-42-34.png
    this place is a good spot for the market places or goblin labs.

- since this is a new creep
    upload_2019-4-3_13-39-12.png upload_2019-4-3_13-39-33.png
    facing positions should always go to the way they will be attack.
    like you did with others creeps

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. Captnporky

Captnporky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot for reviewing, your detailed feedback really helped me to get my head into the right thought process i think. Apart from the alternate tree model i already worked on the faults you mentioned.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please write a changelog and a proper description. See the links below:

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P
    Video

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

4. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    the trees loking like cages, is considered a resources altering, making it as an altered melee, like make trees to look like SC minerals fields.

is not allowed in melee to alter the shape of neutral buildings such goldmines, markets, and the trees must look like trees or the outland/dungeon/underground mushrooms.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please leave only one version of the map if they're not considerably different.

6. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello! Interesting map, but imho still lacking in many details. A few which I think need fixing:
    -Units bought at the western merc camp can become stuck behind pathing blockers. At the eatern merc camp too, but it is much less likely there.
    -Creeps should generally be on camp stance, so that they dont attack player units from far away (excpet at gold mines). More care needs to be taken for creeps not to attack player units by accident even then.
    -Unbuildable terrain near expansion gold mines....???

Stuff I dont like, but others may disagree:
    -Main bases are strangely desigined, with not enough building space, and will be pain to attack uphill.
    -Expansions might be too close to main bases.
    -Bright and lively doodads etc will look out of place near main bases if an undead spawns there.
    -Bugged unpathable ramps south of the market place, but at least in a position where it wont matter.

Good parts:
    -Creeps and itemdrops seem ok.
    -Interesting layout in general.

So I hope you will fix the first three points. Until then, map set to Awaiting update.

PS: I've only looked the at version without "crates" in the file name.