1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Attention - Steam Store caching issue

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by don_svetlio, Dec 25, 2015.

1. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Steam may have been compromised. AVOID using ANYTHING related to steam. DO NOT USE THE STORE. DO NOT VISIT STEAM URLS.

DISCONNECT any payment methods from STEAM.

REMOVE STEAM from your PAYPAL approved list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  2. Darkshooter1986

Darkshooter1986

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do not diconnect paypal or credit card info via steam site. Do not access at all do it from your card/bank service or paypal account. Store is currently down but not recommended to access any steam related client or site info. Not even to change your password. Users have reported that either they were logged into their own account but had access to other user's info or that their browser translated their page to another language. All account and financial info is at risk or exposed. See https://twitter.com/SteamDB for latest information.

3. Darkshooter1986

Darkshooter1986

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok.. Stay calm.
    Stay calm..

PANIC MODE ACTIVATED

5. Darkshooter1986

Darkshooter1986

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol right? The forums are lighting up like a christmas tree with legal threats and so on when they really have no ammunition to use against them.

Unofficially no financial information was ever even exposed according to Steam but waiting for an official update from developers.

6. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Names, Emails, Addresses, last 4 digits of credit cards have been publicly leaked. Not good Volvo, not good.

7. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well that sucks.

8. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Edited the title, and dropping some knowledge. Steam was not hacked. Steam's caching servers died, and what happened is pages that should never be cached were. This resulted in users getting the cached pages of other users, and sometimes seeing names, addresses, email addresses and some card details.

It was a read-only issue (no payments were falsely processed) but you might want to keep an eye on your payment details for a while.

I am going to leave this here for visibility, but it is more suited to Computer Tech/General Gaming.

9. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Ash.

This message was brought to you by the fact that there are stupid rep limits.

10. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Damn, That made me laugh. I agree on this Panic mode detected part although I don't use steam but it's maybe making more money by storing it >u>

11. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As Ash stated, there's nothing really big to worry about. They weren't hacked, and complete credit card details weren't leaked.

But, take this as a sort of warning. I typically advise against saving/storing active or current credit card information. I mean really, how hard is it to type in your information every time?

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    And this, guys, is why I don't have a credit card (well, okay, let's be honest: it is probably more because you don't need one in germany as we have a robust debit transfer system).

Also, if you use Paypal, always use the mobile authorizer. Lots of extra security for a relatively low amount of added inconvenience.

13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thankful that I rarely used them. Only when I want to play DotA 2 when the mood hits me.

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There was no compromise, next to some privacy. What happened was read only cached pages were sent to the wrong users. Even though it showed other people's account information you could not modify, tamper with it or do anything with their pages.

15. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    IMO those tempting, wild steam sales are far more dangerous to me than a mere information leak.

16. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The concept of credit cards is insecure to begin with. Don't use one if you're afraid to lose money.
    Actually don't pay over internet at all.

Calm your ****.

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The best way to protect your money is not having any to begin with. ;)

Pro: nothing to worry about.
    Con: money can be traded for wares and services.