• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buying a Blizzard game using my friend's credit card (with their consent of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

As you may know I'm from Tunisia, and i can't just simply purchase a Game digitally (I can't use my Tunisian credit card to buy stuff outside of Tunisia, only people with international credit cards are allowed to do that).

Back in the day, you can purchase the actual CD that has a license key. Now, only console games are available in the Tunisian game stores.

So, i want to purchase War3 Reforged. I have 2 of my close friends that live, one in Canada and one in France. They can use their credit cards to purchase a game from Blizzard (They aren't gamers or something, they do not have battlenet accounts etc ...)

The question is can one of them buy the game for me without any problems from Blizzard and the game being linked to my account safely?
This works with Steam but i don't know about Blizzard. Usually i give my friends the money cash in hand in Tunisian currency and they buy a Steam game or a Steam gift card for me from their credit card (in Euro or USD).

So, will it be ok if my friend logged into my battlenet account and bought the game for me using his credit card?
Will that cause any problems in the future?

Thank you.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@Retera please. He's done it plenty of times.
I can see this on the site tough:
gof.png

gift2.png
I understand they need a B.net account.

@MN Lahmar no foreign banks in Tunisia?

I understand they need a B.net account.
Yeah i though about the gift thing. But that requires an account and i'm trying to simplify the process. :D
Also, Blizzard's EULA is very complicated, i think it states that you can't gift something to a friend who doesn't use the same currency as you. Idk though. :ugly:

no foreign banks in Tunisia?
There are. But the law prevents Tunisian citizens from buying stuff online from outside of the country. :sad:

Level 8
As you obviously should have a battle net account, and reforged installs itself no matter what, just give your user name and password to your friend; he makes the order. He then logs out, you log in. You then erase (for good measure) the billing details (ie. credit card number of your friend). The only one interested in the validity of such cross-transaction is you or your friend and is not Blizzard business. So, only your friend is the one that can mess you up, legally speaking (ie. you want consumer law protection against Blizzard, and your friend sues for some random concept -tort, somehow- saying that he bought the game -consumer law often only applies to the person that actually buyed or contracted the service). If your friend messes you up against Blizzard then atleast you learned that he wasn't a friend.

EDIT: About the EULA, it doesn't contain nothing regarding that you are a legitimate acquirer of the game, like a representation or warranty that you are a legitimate acquirer or the person that actually payed something or to someone. The EULA binds anyone who obtains the game software (ie. intangible data, in contrast with the physical copy/hardware -no longer a thing- which are bought) and that complies with other random eligibility recquisites (ie. the EULA actually says that you first need to create an account, then, only "natural person(s) and an adult in your country of residence" can create one).

Also, if piracy is copyright infringenment, downloading a copy from the author itself (Battle.net even forces the download) is not piracy. Even ACQUIRING a PHYSICAL unauthorized copy should not be considered piracy because if you acquire a physical copy you are not doing neither reproduction, public displaying or distribution (but the dude that creates and sells them is actually infringing). Downloading unauthorized copies (frome rogue sites that don't have the right to distribute, reproduce, and public displaying) could be considered piracy (as we are technically reproducing the work, creating a copy, from the server to our computers). Hosting servers that offer such unauthorized copies is, of course, also piracy (public display/distribution).

Last edited:
Also, Blizzard's EULA is very complicated, i think it states that you can't gift something to a friend who doesn't use the same currency as you

Uh oh, I did that 20 or 30 times on video, I think.

Anyway yeah the gift button definitely works.

As you obviously should have a battle net account, and reforged installs itself no matter what, just give your user name and password to your friend; he makes the order. He then logs out, you log in. You then erase (for good measure) the billing details (ie. credit card number of your friend).

Exactly. That's what i did and it worked.

Thanks everyone so much :)

Level 1
I have the same problem. Why I can't make the payment? I don't want to accept the details I enter in the payment form...

Status
Not open for further replies.