1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter . May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The present for our Christmas Mini-Texturing Contest finally arrived. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 6th installment of our Music Contest just got fired up! Now with an Apocalyptic taste. Get started and compete in this musical battle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

[8MB Limit Removed Update] Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.27b

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

This news post has been updated frequently due to live coverage of the patch. You will see replies in reaction to earlier statements.

Patch 127b update.PNG

Can't access the patch through Battle.net? You can download the patch here: Patching Classic Games

Despite Blizzard's patch notes not mentioning it
    , we have confirmation that the 8mb multiplayer limit for maps has been removed on Battle.net! Various Hive Workshop users have tested out maps over 8mb, including a specialized version Gaias Retalliation ORPG which is around 50mb. Map maker @Zwiebelchen succeeded to host and play that map online in Battle.net. Other map makers and testers reported the same.

What does this mean? This means one of the biggest limits of WC3 modding has been taken off. There is so much more map makers and other types of modders can do now! This makes room for more creativity, complexity, and higher quality content, along with more things to experience and improve in custom games online. The top RPGs can finally be expanded. Epic strategy maps can now have more room for upping the quality without sacrificing quantity. Horror, first person shooter, anime, Sci-Fi, and more types of maps can be taken to a whole another level. We can also see more hi-res imports from models, textures, etc.

There are also some World Editor and file changes (including bug fixes) reported by some users, and you can discuss some of the specifics in this thread or throughout the Patch Discussion forum. We'll hope to have some sort of list of the changes and bug fixes.

Here you can find our thread from may regarding our meeting with Blizzard about The Future of Warcraft. You can find the PDF document Blizzard seems to be following attached to the bottom of the mini-article's first post. We know there haven't been any melee / ladder changes, but those things plus more emphasized in the document we sent Blizzard.

UPDATE: Blizzard confirms everything! Added screenshot to the top. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996
    Blizzard calls this a small patch, more to come in the future: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752465862#post-17

The older, announcement news for this patch is below.​

Old News

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752496109
    Patch 127b.PNG [/center]

Battle.net players could be experiencing some downtime today.

@Ralle and I are betting it's just a compatibility patch that continues off of 1.27a. This should not be the 'big patch' we are expecting with our talks with Blizzard. However, with any patch, we'll keep everyone updated with details on this thread if anything notable happens!

UPDATE1: Patch notes. So far, unspecified bug fixes and maintenance.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996

UPDATE2: There are reports that the Northrend (Europe) realm is down or bugged at the moment. Azeroth (US East) seems to work, though.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752465862?page=1

UPDATE3: The Battle.net realms appear to be working now. Reported quick fix: Patch on a different server than Northrend, then Northrend should be able to work.

UPDATE4: Northrend is undergoing official maintenance / downtime.

UPDATE5: Maintenance appears to be over.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily
    The dream! I expect it will have so melee changes since WCA just finished

3. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    God dammit, for the first second I thought it's here... :D

4. jondrean

jondrean
  5. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily
    Well my boner went soft really fast

7. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    The lack of numerical increase should have prevented your boner in the first place :p

8. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

There are reports that the Northrend (Europe) realm is down or bugged at the moment. Azeroth (US East) seems to work, though.

9. Tleno

Tleno
    Wow, those new high resolution textures sure look great in the just-added VR mode! Sure is fun exploring all thirty-five of new unit types when they look so photo-realisti-- oh wait, ignore me, I was just tripping on expired mayonnaise!

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz
    Shouldn't this be in the Patch Discussion forum?

11. jondrean

jondrean
    Explorer says the file is from 1980.
    upload_2016-12-13_23-12-7.png

12. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
  13. MiniMage

MiniMage
    The patchening is not this day.

14. LordDz

LordDz
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

15. MiniMage

MiniMage
    It's just a minor bug fixing and general maintenance. It's not THE patch. :c

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Basically that ^
    I even stated that it's probably something like that in the first post :p

17. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest
    In this patch Blizzard improves World Editor, adds additional events and actions, decreases map saving time, fixing problem with HASH ID error, improves shadow calculation speed. (No, it's not. <Closing door>)

18. jondrean

jondrean
    I didn't notice this prior to patch:
    upload_2016-12-14_0-1-45.png
    That's from vanilla WE, NewGen WE looks like this:
    upload_2016-12-14_0-2-23.png
    There can only be one explanation to this: Warcraft 4 is confirmed.

--

I put the effort and patched down to a then back to b, was nothing like that glitchy button in a. I personally would like to see no changes in WE, I fear for vJASS.

19. RedCrusader

RedCrusader
    After @Zwiebelchen mentioned in chat that the map file size limit for multiplayer is gone,
    I tested it myself as well by hosting his 50MB Gaia's map in BNET.

Worked. The limit appears to be gone or increased a LOT.

20. jondrean

jondrean
    THAT BUTTON IS FUNCTIONAL!!

upload_2016-12-14_0-30-33.png
    Nothing by pressing the button

upload_2016-12-14_0-30-40.png
    Error window!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.