• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cinematic Contest #3 - Sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Well reworked my first scene a bit, gotta start terraining now...
I may rework it a bit, but i have finished with it for now...
Here, a remade look at the first scene.

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 99
Level 25
Currently i am having a major setback, here is why:
I decided to make separate scene triggers and to continue from one to another via timers, the problem accurs when i use one array timer and try to start it when a previous expires:
  • Events - timer[1] expires
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • - Start timer[2] as a one shot timer which ends for x seconds
Now the timer[2] never starts,why?

Level 14
I decided to make separate scene triggers and to continue from one to another via timers, the problem accurs when i use one array timer and try to start it when a previous expires:
  • Conditions
  • Actions

Why not just use waits? It's pretty much all the same in these kinds of cinematics.

Also, major set back?! You do know it's like the 4th day of the contest. You have three and a half more weeks.

Level 18
Yeah I don't see the point of timers aswell. Divide your cinematic in a couple of triggers and use waits, easier and faster and the result is the same.

WIPs, the city still isn't finished this is the WIP of the WIP of the city :p

Some other things aren't finished, the pic with the knights is empty on the right and you can see the edge of the map all to be fixed.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 24
  • Conditions
  • Actions

Use this tutorial, it can show you how to do what you are trying to do.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f278/exact-cinematic-timing-trigger-queue-timers-41694/

Yeah I don't see the point of timers aswell. Divide your cinematic in a couple of triggers and use waits, easier and faster and the result is the same.

Not necessarily. Although most of the time the difference is usually to small to really worry about, when moving between multiple cameras, or when your using a custom cinematic system you really can't use waits.

Level 25
Well currently done about 2 minutes of the cinematic fully(triggering + terraining) and now focusing on terraining only...
Though i have a challenge now and i will stop the cinematic work for some time...

[offtop]
God i just saw a big fuss about judging in the speed mapping contest and concept art contest...
Does it happen often?
I hope it won't happen here...

Last edited:
Level 23
I cant say Ive seen it very often, basically because I am not looking at every contest... But well, the moderators has discussed it for a long time.

The previous cinematic contest had no issues however.

Level 25
I think there should be a moderated group of users that give votes so there can't be any chance of cheating or make only users with high reputation able to vote, or even make so that users account must be at least 6 weeks made before they can vote and that they must be active during those weeks for at least some time.

Level 18
With contests like these, it's quite alright, since it's not mainly based on personal taste, but more on the theme and how it's been executed. Contests like 2D/3D contests do go mainly about personal taste, so those could cause issues, but luckily not necessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.