• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ima join this.
Story:
Earth has turned from the light and has worshipped satan. With the emmense demonic energy that was givin off from the worshippers, a portal from hell has appeared. The sky turned red and three dark moons loom over Earth, each having its own name; The First Moon; Anger, The Second Moon;Death, The Third Moon;Darkness. For only few people left do not worship satan instead they called the angels. The angels came down and gave a quest for a single person to destroy the portal by bringing down the moons.

Level 5
This is a screenshot of my WIP. I'm not that good at caves but meh.

Story:
Lenal is about to be married to his childhood sweetheart. The couple and four friends go to the meadow to help pick flowers for the wedding. One of them wander nears a small hole. An earthquake rips through the ground, opening the hole. They fall into a chasm, hitting their head and falling unconsious. The character wakes up with a broken arm and leg, to find themselves on a bed of moss looking at the hole they fell through, light bathing them - with no way to get back. One of the friends quickly recover and throws down some supplies to survive until help arrives - flint, a grinding stone, and some food. Noises forces the character to move though - monsters who've been trapped for centuries are attracted to the light. You, as the character, must hunt, kill, and run to survive as you puzzle out the mysteries of the subterranean city of Ad'lzha. Can you use the ancient mechanisms to create an escape route, or will you become one of The Lost

Attachments

• The Lost Preview 1.jpg
    The Lost Preview 1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I just collected all the imports I need, and I'm starting the terrain

My Map Description was

"You are a famous detective, design yourself, live as yourself...but what if.... the people who once serve for... turns against you?"

Its about an infection in your city, and your the only survivor. The detective part is , the 3/4 of the game, where you find the suspects. The remaining 1/4 is, just like, survival, where you will find some *things* for the infection.

:D

Level 7
Older versions of wc3 should be avoided, therefore RtC as well, sorry.

New Ideas sound great everyone. Keep it up. :)

Level 7
Yes, indeed. You are free to submit when ever you feel it's ready, before February 16 2010.

Keep in mind that you are not allowed to post work create before the start of the contest.

Level 9
[The Jacobs Manor Murders]

-=|Story|=-
40 years ago, a man named Frederick Burchell purchased what was left of the old Jacobs Mine. Recently after he purchased it, he closed it, a lot of people lost they're jobs and a lot of people were angry, although they went on with they're lives. Mr. Burchell had big plans for this mine, he wanted to make his dream home here, its 30km's away from the nearest city and its very very quiet. He recently married his wife, Danielle, and had 3 kids; Richard, Luke and Skye. 12 years later, the house was completed, so now stands a house on a hill of massive rocks, left there from the mine. Although noone knows what happened to the entrance to the mine, many believe it was just sealed up and covered by rocks. 24 years have passed, Mr. Burchell's 2 Sons and a Daughter still live at the house, the house is big enough to hold 6 Families, so Richard and his Engaged Girlfriend, Alison, Live in the house with a baby on the way. Luke lives with his wife, Natalie, with 2 kids; Sebastian and Jade. And Skye's and her Boyfriend Jack own a few rooms.

It was all great until 4 Years later. Noone heard from anything from the families. For weeks, noone hears anything. Until Skye's friend, Ashley, comes to the house and finds the house completely Empty, no noise, just silent. Until she hears a Scream coming from the 2nd Floor, she runs up the stairs, and finds Skye crawling along the floor, crying and covered in blood. She helps Skye up, leaves the house and drives back to the city, she goes to the Police station where she tries to tell the police what happened, but she cannot remember what happened completely. A force of police and Sergeant Lawson, head to the house to find out what has happened to the Families.

WIP Screenshot Below.

Attachments

• WIP Screenshot.jpg
    WIP Screenshot.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 183
  • WIP Screenshot 2.jpg
    WIP Screenshot 2.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 19
You start there, you and a elf have a dialog about the creation of the dwarf's weapon [in the culture to make a nation they need something to resemble their people]. Its a fast cinematic.

WC3ScrnShot_123009_101532_01 copy.jpg

You and you tripulation goes to the blue sea and a big dragon thingie eat you.
WC3ScrnShot_123009_101552_04 copy.jpg

And your mission starts when the cinematic end. I will edit the forgotten one and some doddads to make te terrain be something like this:
WC3ScrnShot_123009_101601_05 copy.jpg
But with more colors and variation logically

Level 19
I just got a cool idea so I'm going to try to make a map out of it.
The theme is just like yours. It won't be a huge badass map but more like a 'mini'game that became bigger then usual 'mini' games:)

Eccho said:
Its not... I bet it will be needed, trust me
I agree. We need those time, or we have to hurry, and the map gets boring, and
we haven't any fun making this map, and that's eventually the aim of contests, isn't it? :)

krisserz said:
Someone is counting entries? ;p

I whish good luck and good nerves to this one, who counts... :p

Level 12
you attach pictures by clicking "Go Advanced" then right to the smiley icon their is a "Attachments" button click on it. A new window appear, at the top their is a text "Upload File from your Computer" then click on the button next to the text field. I dont know what its called on you're computer but on my its "gennemse" hope i helped

@Amigurumi

The second1 looks awsome.

Edit:

Here is a SS In Game, But alot more is coming :D

Oh. Thats just not true. You use the same doodads as me. You even use the same name! D:

[EDIT]

Well. Dont do something different to make your map less like mine. Changed my concept. Its now something outland-thingy terrain.

Well I started my work, but I'm running into some odd errors with Water height that I've never seen before (yeah, those are free standing water "pillars" that stand even after I remove the ground under them. It's also forcing water to a certain height, anything below it becomes water while anything above it cant be water, place water and it brings it down to the specific level. Messing with changing the entire terrain height seemed to fix that but meh, now you see whats happened).

(The water in that chasm thing is the UTM water doodad so no water isn't working right there either. Since my ruins are going to have a lot of water in them, its in my best interest to fix this)

-Anyways I haven't really worked out the story very well yet - basically all it is now is some dragon stumbles upon some old ruins somehow, falls in from a hole in the ceiling (yeah the ruins are underground) breaking his wings so he can't just fly out and must find another way out. Sucks so far but I'll come up with something better sooner or later

Attachments

• Eh copy.jpg
    Eh copy.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.