1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. fe3dback

fe3dback

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good news, editor and game perfectly working on wine (latest staging version), in latest ubuntu (19.04).

[​IMG]

How to install:
    - setup latest nvidea drivers, lutris/lutris
    - setup wine staging (i try this on stable and develop, working only on staging at this moment)
    - configure wine with 64bit prefix
    - in winetricks add lib vcrun2015 (nothing more needed). Additionally you can install core fonts.
    - download battle.net app
    - run $ wine64 Battle.net-Setup.exe
    - install battle.net, login to account
    - download warcraft 3 PTR installed from blizzard site
    - run $ wine64 Warcraft-III-Public-Test-Setup.exe
    - install wc3 to default directory (program files)
    - now install lutrise
    - open lutrise and add game/editor with this options
    -- Executable = /home/<username>/wine/drive_c/Program Files/Warcraft III Public Test/x86_64/Warcraft III.exe
    -- Arguments = -nativefullscr
    -- Working Directory = /home/<username>/wine/drive_c/Program Files/Warcraft III Public Test/x86_64/
    -- Wine preifx = ~/wine
    -- Arch = 64-bit
    (paths may be different)

In runner options tab, specify checkbox on "Enable DXVK" (or game will crash on start video after 3-4 seconds)

All working perfectly.

For editor, change executable path in lutrise to /home/<username>/wine/drive_c/Program Files/Warcraft III Public Test/x86_64/World Editor.exe

2. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Does it not compile or does it not run properly in WC3? That's an important distinction to make, because Lua code can compile just fine but be logically invalid, in a way that JASS code can't, since Lua is dynamically typed.

At any rate, I recommend trying to use mpeterv/luacheck for your purposes, and seeing if it emits any errors. If it doesn't emit any errors (it'll throw a bunch of warnings into your face on default settings, though), then there's a more obscure kind of error in there, that only occurs while the map is running. Unfortunately, pinning that down might be hard, but it's possible to catch runtime Lua errors with the built-in "pcall" and "xpcall" functions - you can read more about them in the official Lua reference.

3. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not compile. Error message emits when choose the map, a typical complie error behavior.

Update: Use the tool and it shows upload_2019-5-13_21-50-41.png .
    Anyway, thank you so much, Sir.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  4. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    A WE Bug in Lua mode:
    √ Trigger Editor -> "New Trigger Script", one should write in Lua, not JASS.
    √ During the saving process, WE checks syntax in JASS.
    × WE doesn't automatically add "//! beginusercode" and "//! endusercode" to head and tail of the custom trigger script in Lua. And one is not able to add them manually to the custom trigger script, because "//! beginusercode" and "//! endusercode" are JASS, not Lua. So, map cannot be saved.

(Btw, why trigger script requires a function of InitTrig_?????? Is that another bug?)

Update:
    After one night's trial, now I think that In Lua mode, WE should not check syntax in JASS (Bug is here). Because if there is no "Trigger Script", WE check the whole script in Lua. When there are trigger scripts, WE check each scripts in Lua but check the whole in JASS. Ridiculous?

And once I coincidentally managed to save the map with trigger script (I don't remember how I did that). When I analyzed map files with tools, I found that there was "war3map.lua" in (listfile), but actually no war3map.lua was there. There was war3map.j. (Bug confirmed)

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. Prometheus3375

Prometheus3375

Resources:
    Resources:
    This function creates trigger, registers all events, adds all conditions and actions. It is called from main map function on map launch.

6. The Stormbringer

The Stormbringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess no one knows about potential GUI updates, then? :cry:

7. Dougleton

Dougleton

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any ideas how Orb of Fire could detect healing done by a custom spell? Is healing now a damage type? Is there a function to do healing now that can be detected by Orb of Fire debuff to reduce it?

8. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The gamma slider in the video options in the game is now unlocked. However, they do not seem to be doing anything. (Perhaps local pc settings can explain this).

"whosyourdaddy" detection is now trivial (storing the damage dealt (Damaging event), and comparing it to the damage received (Damaged event)).

No, healing is not a damage type.

Based on the common.j, no such function exists yet.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can anyone test if you can change a unit's model mid-game by changing the path? Also if it would work locally? I don't want to update and lose my 1.30 or risk the possibility of accidentally saving work on 1.31 editor.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.31 is currently PTR. You should not work with PTR versions, only test them and report bugs.

11. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    From new Orb of Fire Bug See:1.31ptr orb bug?,
    I guess that, inside the game different types of regenerations (item, unit, ability) are hard-coded. So, there is no elegant way to detect regeneration. In 1.31, (I guess) Blizzard detects by using a periodic timer, comparing unit's HP before and after, and setting after=(before+after)/2.
    (Something like the implement of the ultimate of Oracle in DotA)

12. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, you can't. The only properties you can change are those specified in the common.j as constants. The unit model isn't amongst them, and even if you try to do edit it directly, it won't work - I've tried.

13. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's depressing.

14. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've finally figured this out!!!
    For guys whose maps written in JASS without GUI, if you want to change the language to Lua, besides from war3map.j->war3map.lua,
    you must also fix the w3i:
    upload_2019-5-17_21-36-31.png
    Hope this will help you!

15. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is that z8 or =8 ? lol

16. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:

17. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lmao not that one nor the other :p. I guess he was too excited about this so he couldn't use his drawing skills properly :D

18. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    In lua, I cannot compare GetTriggerEventId() with any EVENT_XXX. All return false. I think it is because of inheritance.

19. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dont know if this case for PTR 1.31 , but in last official patch in game lobby list i saw game tree tag (14/24 players)
    When i entered there was actualy only 3 real players and 11 "closed" slots rofl...Other was also empty and "open" .

So thats how we got 14/24 xD lol

Is this normal how game behaves?

20. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty much. It's the same behaviour on non-PTR. Game simply counts how many slots are "unavailable", either filled or manually closed.