• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #7 - Super Unit[Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
First WIP from me. Done so far : tier 1 basic units, hero, tier 1 buildings
- Wood Defender - a footman-like unit cheap to build and fast to swarm the enemy. Has the upgrade to spawn a seed when it dies. Enemies who get near the seed will suffer 35 damage and detonate it.
- Nature Lantern (farm) - provides food. Can be upgraded with Soothing Light. Each Lantern will spawn a spirit that wanders around the base and regenerates buildings (as the treants buildings can not be repaired by other ways)
- Treant Workers - harvest gold and lumber. Can become invulnerable but unable to move for 3 seconds after being hit by an enemy. 20 sec. cd
WC3ScrnShot_073012_112204_01.jpg

Level 11
I have reached tier 3 so... i'll just show some of this thing up.
195880-albums3915-picture59908.png

Tier 2 unit :
Restless Mummy : the mummy has a role as a tanker, because it has an ability to decrease any incoming damage
Tier 1 Unit :
Archer : First tier unit that require nothing at the start of the game. Can learn multi arrow to shoot multiple unit, but he has a very low hitpoint
Pikeman : Tier 1 unit that require weapon smith to produce. It has an AoE damage.
The hero :
Sand Mistress : A hero that can heal multiple units or boost their attack. Can also hide them if needed.
Ability :
Holy Wave : The sand mistress heal the targeet, then the healing magic will bounce to another injured ally.
Invisibility Sand : Hide the target from the enemy sight. It will become visible if it cast spell or attacking.
Sekhmet Blessing: The sand mistress pray to the goddes of war, increasing nearby ally damage and armor while decrease nearby enemy damage and armor.
SAndstorm : The sand mistress channel a saandstorm, it slow nearby enemy unit and deal damage to them.

195880-albums3915-picture59909.png

Tier 3 unit : Ifrit : A unit that is good at destroying wave of enemies. It can send wave of flame that deal 90 damage in line, and fire breath that deal 100 damage in line.
Sphinx : The super unit that i will edit someday, since it still imba. A little bit.
Beetle Lord : Melee Tier 2 unit that can spawn beetles each time it attack (beetle last for 5 second. He attack slowly, so it wouldn't spam too much beetle.). Has aura of mana that increase nearby ally regen rate by 0.25 (stacking). Can learn death explosion, which make him explode at death, dealing 85 damage to nearby enemy unit and spawns 3 beetles from his corpse. Can also learn Horus Curse, which set the target aflame, and if it die, it will explode and deal 45 damage to nearby enemy units.

Well, it might be a bit boring, but i will edit some soon.
Please note that the UI of my race does not showing up like that in your computer, i use a program to edit the normal orc's UI.
Oh and yes, that is arcane vault, i'm way too lazy to create the race shop right now, i have to finish some hero because there's only 1 right now.

Level 11
Looking for teammate
Hey friends, I'd very much like it if one of you side with me in this contest. A devoted person with decent english, or optionally swedish lingual skills would be necessary.

I believe someone with technical focus would best match us together.

I have a concept worked out which I think is quite solid. The race revolves around High Elves and magic (Arcane, Nature, Divine). It's not fully the type of High Elves we see in warcraft lore but it borrows some elements from it, as well as other worlds. We will of course discuss the race in detail and change things around until we both like it.

If you are interested send me a PM and I'll provide more information.

EDIT: Position taken!

Last edited:
Level 14
Okay I am back home! Spent 1 and a half week without internet and gadgets! My head is so clear gotta listen some dubstep :D

My ideas are more-less ready ,I start working now!
To spread out some information, i will have 2 super units instead of one. (But of course they are stronger if they work together.)

See some really nice entries here, also legendary ones participating. We are standing before a great contest!

Seeing other's wip screenshots, i realized i will need some building models too xP

Level 5
Well here is my first WiP.
(I haven't come up with a decent background yet. Only the name is present!)

----------------------------------
The Dragon Guard

A race based on high elves who harness the power of dragons upon their enemies. They use warriors, archers, mages and ... like other races but what makes them unique and interesting is dragons and the strategic possibilities they add to the game. There are different dragon types, with different roles and that's aside from heroes with specific roles.
More info to be added in a more organized post later.

Good luck to all contestants.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 138
Level 14
So much silence here :p

I have some bad news for you!

I started to work on my entry, but after doing it for a few weeks I lost some interest in it. I had other projects to work on so I decided to stop working on it. I am sorry that I have to withdraw, i had an ass kicking idea.

Good luck for the contestants, I will be here watching :)

Level 18
I lost all the info in my laptop due to a unfortunate event...
Well hopefully I had a backup of my work for the contest, so as soon as I repair my lap I will submit my first wip.

Just a sneak peak of it:
my central idea has changed quite a bit, now my super unit is a morphoable building (like elf ancients) it will be encharged of ensambling every single unit in the race, but this will deffer from a summuner unit thanks to a robot part system that I am developing.
Race is about robots, it uses iron, steel and energy as prime resources and coal aluminium, iron ore and nuclear fuel as secundary resources.

Level 16
Demon race based on Riders of the Apocalypse, something fitting into the Darksiders scheme. Finished 3 unit models for it. WIP pictures of the race comming soon.

BTW has someone the fellhound rider models from franksteR?

Level 9
Didnt raise my head for quite a bit here from a simple reason.

I cant manage to soldiery a single worthy concept into a full techtree, and as such must step back and try again later.
Maybe if I have a sudden spark, but most likely I would not participate.

Level 14
My entry is going good for now. It's entirely based on treants and ancients that utilize spawnable mini-mines (seeds of life, deth etc.) and many vines. My super unit will be a tier-3 ancient with spells that allow him to manipulate the economy of the enemy. For example covering gold mines in roots and agressive vines or corrupting bases which will transfer the gold gathered by enemies to the Ancient's base. He would also leave a trail of seeds that reveal area around themselves and explode when an enemy steps over them. The ultimate of the super unit will be something like a nuke with 3 000 range and 60 seconds cast time that will cover enemy buildings in roots and slowly start to degenerate them eventually destroying them unless repaired.

p.s. That reminds me, anyone knows how can I set the cooldown of the ultimate if the cast time is interupted ? I want if someone interupts him that the spell goes to cooldown.

Mr.Bean will be doing some of the spells,testing and balancing so (if he has time ) we will be paired for this contest.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well here is my first WiP.
(I haven't come up with a decent background yet. Only the name is present!)

The Dragon Guard

A race based on high elves who harness the power of dragons upon their enemies. They use warriors, archers, mages and ... like other races but what makes them unique and interesting is dragons and the strategic possibilities they add to the game. There are different dragon types, with different roles and that's aside from heroes with specific roles.
More info to be added in a more organized post later.

Good luck to all contestants.

Pretty cool im liking it! i would change the alter though, it doesn't really match the other buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.