- Nov 6, 2008
The contestants must create a race centred around a "Super Unit", which can have unique functionalities, or just be super powerful (of course not forgetting balance), etc. The unit can be a hero, unit or building, it is up to you.
Paired teams are allowed, but not mandatory.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- Several screenshots of race in action.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that its yours.
- Your final submission must be bug free enough to test and play.
- The features that may be edited are:
- Gameplay constants
- Game interface
- Object editor
- Trigger editor
- Sound editor
- The map's terrain may not be edited. The current four melee races may not be edited; copy and paste the default units you are about to edit.
- Participants must download the (to be provided) template map, edit it and then resubmit it as their entry.
- Your submission may not be started before the official launch of the contest.
- The final submission must bear the contest's number and type, along with your nickname, e.g. Techtree Contest 7 - [Nickname]
- First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
- Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
- Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
None yet! If you are interested in judging, please contact me.
|How fun the gameplay is; does the race itself offer various features to experiment with?||/15|
|How easily can the race stand against the default races? Is it particularly easy to wipe out or too hard to confront?||/10|
|Are the roles of the warriors shared in a flat manner, are they getting too repetitive or each of them plays a unique and significant role in the battlegrounds?||/10|
|How creative is the idea of your special "Super Unit". Does it have an interesting and fun concept and is the whole race centred around it?||/10|
|How does the final output look? Did it achieve to surpass the common appearance that the contestant had to suffer?||/10|
- 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on 22nd of July, 2012 and conclude on 22nd of August, 2012 +3 (2012 Event) = 25th of August + 4 (Extension) = 29th of August GMT