• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Speed Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll participate as well and see if I can get a map finished before the deadline.

I'm attempting to do a horror themed map where players must survive and find a way out of a mansion.
I haven't decided on the gameplay very precisely yet, but it will probably either be players vs computer or players vs 1 murderer player.

Oh and a WIP image:
attachment.php

Attachments

• MansionWIP.JPG
    MansionWIP.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 234
Level 12
Alright my map is done methinks :p

I don't have a good preview image as the terrain just plain sucks but I'm sure the gameplay is really fun :D
Only problem I see with it is it MIGHT lag on slower machines. I doubt it though...

(Even though I've never played my map against other people @_@)

GL to everyone else, I hope to see some good maps out there :D

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to undo something b4 uploading map. I think you'll win instantly @_@ changing

Last edited:
Level 23
You should do like me. Become tired of the stuff, start raging and ignore them until you finally decide that you have no time in the world to finish them til the deadline and then... start with your map. That is more or less what I did, lol. I got an extension of my hand-in report tho, so no harm done.

Level 15
I'm joining. A rather interesting contest, I might actually bother to finish this short map :)
Anyway, can you provide a link or something to tell us what time in EST it is now? I'm not really sure whats the time in EST for my country (GMT+8)
Thanks in advance :)
(Wow, about 1 day to finish a map :S)
Anyway, how many entries are there thus far? I think I might need an extension (or not, if there are no bugs in the map I started about an hour ago, only did the terrain and some nonsense).

Level 24

Combat Zone

You can find the map's thread here.

This map is a multiplayer map for up to 10 players with a maximum of 5 in each of the teams. It features kind of a modern combat with weapons like a Shotgun or Grenade Launcher. At the moment there are two classes:
-the Tank
-the Scout
Both have different weapons and attitudes.
The aim of the game is to get 25 kills. After that a new round begins.
attachment.php

The Tank:
life: 1000
armor: 5
movement speed: medium
skills:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Scout:
life: 600
armor: 2
movement speed: fast
skills:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

first Beta release

Attachments

• Combat Zone(SMC#1palaslayer).w3x
    43.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 23
Palaslayer sure, gonna look on yours now.

And yes people, I have quitted now. I got stuck in my own code. Good luck :)

Edit:
Palaslayer, I dont have the opportunity to test it mp now. However it seems to be not a bad idea. But the terrain is rather boring. You need some more variation of destructables. Right now its only trees:p

Level 12
@_@ games over folks!

THERE'S A SCREENSHOT, BUT I DON'T WANT TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT AT SOME STUPID WEBSITE SO I CAN UPLOAD IMAGES!

BTW if you don't get how to play, try moving back and forth quickly, then try running in a circle.

Attachments

• Wreckers.w3x
    45.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Wreckers.JPG
    Wreckers.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
- All that is required of you is to make any map within today (March 21st) to next Sunday (March 29th).
- No restrictions on map size, ressources to be used or map type. I suggest you keep it under 4mb.
- Maps must be made specifically for this contest. NO PREVIOUS WORK CAN BE USED.
- No teams.
- The only thing that does NOT have to be made by you is ressources: models, icons, skins and spells/systems.
- Give credits for every ressource.

There is no rules said I could only submit 1 map only.

Level 15
Well i started my map yesterday and here is the result. I suck at terraining and have never done triggers before this. So even if i dont win this competition then i am still satisfied with what i have accomplished.

Basically you control a small tuskar village and have to gather enough food(gold) to feed your village. After you kill a mammoth it will drop a ham item. Grab it to get food(gold). You can train extra troops by gathering lumber and training them with the igloo.

Hunting for survival.jpgHunting for survival 2.jpg

View attachment Hunting For Survival.w3x

Please comment on what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.