• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Speed Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiveworkshop Speed Mapping Contest

img_2545_btnbootsofspeed.gif

Rules and Guidelines
- All that is required of you is to make any map within today (March 21st) to next Sunday (March 29th).
- No restrictions on map size, ressources to be used or map type. I suggest you keep it under 4mb.
- Maps must be made specifically for this contest. NO PREVIOUS WORK CAN BE USED.
- No teams.
- The only thing that does NOT have to be made by you is ressources: models, icons, skins and spells/systems.
- Give credits for every ressource.
- Only one map. I shouldn't have to say this.
All in all, have fun. Don't forget to upload a preview image along with your map. There will be a public vote and a judging round to determine the winner. I suggest you think simple, short and sweet in terms of gameplay.

Rep Prizes have yet to be decided, though they should be the same as any other contest, possibly the mapping ones. I was pretty much thinking along the lines of this:

Prizes
1st Place : 45 Rep and award icon
2nd Place: 30 Rep
3rd Place: 15 Rep
Contest will end on Sunday, March 29th at 12:00 PM EST. There is a possibility of extension if the amount of entries is insufficient.

Last edited:
Level 34
Couple pointers WILL.
1) Post in the Mod's lobby first. I can move it for you.
2) Use a template, they're win.

Level 10
1 question. Does requesting Loading Screen/Map preview from other user are consider as teamwork?

This is the terrain I work out in about 2 hour after this contest started.

I'd say no. The loadscreen/map preview isn't part of what's being judged, I'd assume, so that's okay. It may benefit the public vote (people like nice-looking things) but not the judges' scores.

Couple pointers WILL.
1) Post in the Mod's lobby first. I can move it for you.
2) Use a template, they're win.

1) Most people in the contest submission thread asked for it this weekend. In any case this isn't too dramatic is it? I'll do that in the future.
2) Alrighty.

I don't think anyone will mind if you use another ressource as long as you give credits. This includes map previews/loading screens.

Level 34
Yeah, it was probably a good idea to just get it up quick WILL, but for next time, use the mods lobby.

Level 34
Yeah it is pretty high, but I'll let you do what you will with it... get it?

This is your contest after all.

Level 31
DenZel94 said:
I think I'm gonna join.

Any map 'eh? I guess I'll make a cinematic..

Uh oh, looks like I got a competition over here.

Mmm, the rep's a bit high for a short contest like this. Maybe make the prizes similar to those in the speed spell-making or whatever minicontests. I dunno.

I don't think so, since 9 days was rather too limited especially for map making.

Work this terrain for about 1-2 hours, it still lack a few feature. :hohum:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Pic.jpg

That is the terrain for my map plaun but is just right for my School Zombie Survival

The year is 2054 and a zombie plage has spread over the world. Some marines have went to a school to find survivors to find every one is a zombie. Also just as they thought things couldn't get any worse they did. They found out that the forests around the school where swarming in zombies to. They are going to have to fight for there life or die trying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.