• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #5 - Favorite Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
48px-VengeanceIcon.JPG

Paired Mapping Contest #5

"he jukes left, now right..GOAL!"

Your objective in this contest is to bring your favorite sport into Azeroth. Create the sport in your own editor. IE Tennis, American Football, Futbol (Soccer) etc..
Contest Rules And Conditions

• The map must be started after the launch of the contest.
  • A person may only participate in one team.
  • A team must consist of two different people.
  • The sport must resemble an actual sport played on a professional level, while containing gaming aspects from Warcraft III.
  • Imports can be used, however you will not receive any marks for them, and all imports must be credited.
  • All multiplayer maps must be under 4mb, so they are playable on BNet. Having them under 2mb is recommended.
  • There must be distinguished differences in the races and/or units portrayed in the map.
  • Third party editors may be used in the creation of your map (JassNewGenPack, World Editor Unlimited), but they must all be noted clearly in your submission.

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points
Contest Judging And Voting

• Judges:
    Volunteer 1
    Volunteer 2
  • Judging Criteria:

Creativity
    Exploring unique possibilities while staying in the context of the chosen sport.15%

Terrain
    Your map's terrain must be [obviously] appropriate for the chosen sport.25%

Triggering
    The use of triggering and scripting to enhance the gaming experience.40%

Overall Aspect/Theme
    Use of Warcraft-ish input within the map20%
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Names

Contest Dates And Deadline

• The contest shall take a consumable time of two months.
  • All entries submitted after this time limit will be automatically disqualified.
  • The contest shall begin on January 8 2009 and end on March 8 2009, 0:00 AM GMT

Level 9
Might join. I guess I'll be the scripter guy, I have lots of experience in that. Anyone interested?
I do Jass/vJass. I also do some modeling. =P
I can do everything, ranging from advanced stuff to simple movement with arrow keys control, or whatever should be put into the map.
DevineArmy, wanna team up?

Last edited:
Level 17
DevineArmy
RolePlaynGamer
Heroes on Ice
Snowboarding map. Our idea ... Don't you take that from us.
Also, about the reward, is that like 40 rep each or 20 each for the winner? (just wondering)

In the previous the contest had a 25 rep price in second place, and I just got 25 rep for being second. So it's not shared, you both get the amount as far as I know.

Also I might be interested in teaming up with somebody that knows advanced scripting, if you use Jass it's your call but I can't read jass.
I can only make GUI triggers, I can fix the leaks in it etc.
I'm at my best creating terrains and thinking.

Level 17
I re-iterate so that it is on this page.

Does pinball count as a sport? (Trax?)

In my opinion everything that requires movement is a sport, ranging from fighting arts to ball sports like soccer.
And they even call racing a sport. Well if racing is a sport then paint ball should be as well, cause it requires body movement and is uber and yeh.

Level 8
lol seems cool contest im not gonna join quz i dont't have that much time. It would be cool if someone takes Rugbie as a sport ^^ lol

Level 30
In my opinion everything that requires movement is
Walking to the fridge <3
heres a screenshot of a model I made for this map.
It's the human snowboarder, the footy.
only has 3 animations yet: walk, jump and tricky xD
in the screenshot, he just jumped in the air. Of course Everything (except the mesh) was made by me.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Level 12
Can we add... Some new stuff to it? Like perhaps a paint mortar or a paint grenade... I mean this is Warcraft lll after all @_@ It will be unique from other gun maps we promise and resemble the sport :p I'm thinking like you pick up the weapon in the middle of the map or something so you can't start with it. Would encourage people to be more aggressive. You think that would be ok?

If you would like us to strictly stick with regular guns, that would be fine, perhaps we could add in another fun mode and you just score it without the additions.

Last edited:
Level 17
Hmm, need to think of a sport. Or else I could default to soccer.
hmm.

Nah soccer looks hard to create in Wc3, next to that it's one of the most lame sports ever invented...
Hardly requires skill, I have played it. xD

You just run to the ball, you kick the ball towards somebody close or to the goal of the enemy to try and score.
All you need is stamina and good eye-feet coordination.

Level 10
Nah soccer looks hard to create in Wc3, next to that it's one of the most lame sports ever invented...
Hardly requires skill, I have played it. xD

You just run to the ball, you kick the ball towards somebody close or to the goal of the enemy to try and score.
All you need is stamina and good eye-feet coordination.

I don't think it'd be too hard to make.

I have played soccer too, it's hard to be really good, though it is also hard to be horrible as long as you have, like you said, decent eye-feet coordination and some stamina. But this isn't a sports argument thread.

EDIT: Keep the sword, being able to attack other snowboarders would be pretty kickass. Tauren should snowboard on his totem. The sentry could snowboard on one of the huntress shields. Undead guy could snowboard on a human's dead body. Just some ideas.

Level 17
I don't think it'd be too hard to make.

I have played soccer too, it's hard to be really good, though it is also hard to be horrible as long as you have, like you said, decent eye-feet coordination and some stamina. But this isn't a sports argument thread.

EDIT: Keep the sword, being able to attack other snowboarders would be pretty kickass. Tauren should snowboard on his totem. The sentry could snowboard on one of the huntress shields. Undead guy could snowboard on a human's dead body. Just some ideas.

Ideas are such fun, I have plenty of them for a sport game. :p
I agree it's hard to be a pro, but that's for 9/10 sports.

For some reason, I doubt you have any of those skills. Soccer > 2 x You.

Sorry if I offended you :p not everybody think the way I do. xD
I'm more of the tennis and martial arts kind of guy when it comes down to sports.
Anyway like Sabertooth said, no point for a discussion.

So who wants to team up and create a map about a naga swimming contest while trying to dunk in the football goal!!! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.