• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #5 (idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
48px-VengeanceIcon.JPG

Paired Mapping Contest #5

"he jukes left, now right..GOAL!"

Your objective in this contest is to bring your favorite sport into Azeroth. Create the sport in your own editor. IE Tennis, American Football, Futbol (Soccer) etc..
Contest Rules And Conditions

• The map must be started after the launch of the contest.
  • A person may only participate in one team.
  • A team must consist of two different people.
  • The sport must resemble an actual sport played on a professional level, while containing gaming aspects from Warcraft III.
  • Imports can be used, however you will not receive any marks for them, and all imports must be credited.
  • All multiplayer maps must be under 4mb, so they are playable on BNet. Having them under 2mb is recommended.
  • There must be distinguished differences in the races and/or units portrayed in the map.
  • Third party editors may be used in the creation of your map (JassNewGenPack, World Editor Unlimited), but they must all be noted clearly in your submission.

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: X reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: Y reputation points
  • Third Place: Z reputation points
Contest Judging And Voting

• Judges:
    Volunteer 1
    Volunteer 2
  • Judging Criteria:

Creativity
    Exploring unique possibilities while staying in the context of the chosen sport.15%

Terrain
    Your map's terrain must be [obviously] appropriate for the chosen sport.25%

Triggering
    The use of triggering and scripting to enhance the gaming experience.40%

Overall Aspect/Theme
    Use of Warcraft-ish input within the map20%
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Names

Contest Dates And Deadline

• The contest shall take a consumable time of two months.
  • All entries submitted after this time limit will be automatically disqualified.

Last edited:
Level 8
This was done by blizzard, while they hosted mapping contests.

I won't join (although I wanted, because the previous ones seemed fun) cause this theme isn't for me, it just doesn't inspire me enough. But, I will watch closely and vote, when the time comes.

Level 20
Meh, there are tons of different sports that don't necessarily require complex scripting. It's all as complex as you want it to be. But people who want to participate should just post here so we could see about how many people we'd have.

Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.