• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5

Paired Mapping Contest #6

Pair up with a partner and get mapping for this contest. The theme is an Arena, by Arena i mean at least 2 teams or more battling it out for survival, be creative. One of the teams could be Computer controlled completly up to you just stick with the theme.

Contest Rules And Conditions

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  • Your map must be created by a team of two different people.
    • Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
  • All the entries must be unprotected so that the triggers and scripts can be looked at, but if you do not want the public having a unprotected version of the map you are welcome to send me the map over MSN hotmail or any other method you are comfortable with.
  • All multiplayer maps must be under 4mb, so they are playable on Battle.Net. Having them under 2mb is recommended.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 20 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    Billy2
    1 Volunteer (Must be extremely experienced in JASS as this volunteer will be marking all the JASS used maps).

• Judging Criteria:

Gameplay
    How fun is your gameplay? Is it boring?40%

Creativity/Originality
    How creative and original is your map? Has it been done before?/10

Leaks
    Does the map lag because of bad programming in your triggering?/10

Theme
    How well does the map fit/follow with the theme given?/10
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Name

Contest Dates And Deadline

• [*]The contest shall begin on 06 May 2009 and conclude on [rainbow]06 July 2009. Although these dates may be shifted around depending on when the contest is approved of.
    12 PM Noon[/rainbow] (GMT)

Please note that if more time is required i may consider giving a extra week or two depending on how many maps are ready.

If there are any questions regarding this contest please post below.

Last edited:
Level 24
Agreed.
Perhaps arena?

Arena sounds good.

Can't the theme be singleplayer or something, most thing that are made in paired mapping are multiplayer so singleplayer would be cool for a change.

The only problem with that is single-player maps can take a lot more time and work then multi-player maps, so a single-player map contest probably wouldn't be as successful as a contest where it could be multi or single player.

Wasn't arena used a few contests back?

Nope. The theme Hero was used a couple of contests back (I think it was the third). That contest had a couple of arena maps submitted, so thats probably what your thinking off.

Level 5
Hey guys, sorry i couldnt be on yesterday to talk sooner, iam changing the contest theme to arena. As for the competition to be started in a month time, i dont mind but can we keep it open so that people are aware of when this is starting a months time? And so they are prepared?

Level 12
i like willthealmightys idea..... apocalyptic/post sounds fun...... if i enter im going to need a partner?

Draknyte1
level 10 drugo

Attributes
average at terrain+icons
bits n pieces of modeling.... mostly attachments
ledgendary triggerer...<--- exadgeration....
bad spelar
good friend
reliable.... most times
coke sniffer
coke sharer
75 strength
52 agility
1 intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.